Sen. Ted Kennedy has Brain Tumor UPDATE PASSED AWAY

Breaking news on CNN right now.

Passed away late Tuesday night.

We just heard it on our local news (10 o'clock out west). This family has had some horrible deaths and many.

RIP Ted Kennedy, I grew up with the family via news. Prayers for them.

We just heard it on our local news (10 o'clock out west). This family has had some horrible deaths and many.

RIP Ted Kennedy, I grew up with the family via news. Prayers for them.

What a legacy this man and the whole Kennedy family leaves for America!

RIP Mr. Kennedy

Wow, what a shocker. It'll be strange to live in a world in which Ted Kennedy doesn't exist - he's been a fixture since well before I was born.

Sympathy to the family, and to all my neighbours to the South.

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. May the rains fall soft upon your fields, and until we meet again, may the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand.

RIP Mr Kennedy..and Pray the Media doesnt use this as an outlet to hang out the dirty laundry one last time..

At some point that will happen, but at the end of the day, what he stood for and what he did for America will be what most people remember.

Aww Teddy-this world will never be the same. I hope you found the peace you were looking for in the end.

Here is my Ted Kennedy story-After having returned from the first Gulf war, the husband of an employee of mine began suffering from a myriad of illnesses. Unexplained brain tumors, coma's, fatigue, pain, liver issues. He had dreamed of being a police officer one day, but the dream was dust because of his unexplained illness. He received no help from the VA who was down right hostile to him at the time, he was denied social security disability payments and local doctors who were stumped. Via my employee, I watched the family slowly disintegrate. She was trying to support her husband and children on minimum wage while the hospital bills mounted. Like thousands of vets experiencing similar issues, they even tried suing the VA. They were denied access to their medical records and treated like terrorists instead of the war heros they were. In desperation, this incredibly sick man asked to meet with Senator Kennedy. Kennedy met with him, started gathering stories of other veterans from the first Gulf War like him, and flew them to Washington for closed door hearings. What came out of all of this was the eventual aknowlegement of Gulf War Syndrome.

I want you guys to imagine what it was like for my friend's husband-facing off against the Federal Govt, and whose only "crime" was that he had served on the ground as a Marine in the first Gulf War and come home crippled. Ted promised these folks he would take care of them and he did.

Prayers for his children and family.

[/B]

Is there a law that says the media has to love and admire Ted Kennedy? So what if there are "a couple who might not even do that". Ted Kennedy let a young girl die. Is the media suppose to over look that? Ted Kennedy knows that when he dies Mary Jo Kopechne will forever be a part of his legacy. It will never go away.
People are allowed to have different views of Ted Kennedy. Some of those views are not favorable.

No but there is sort of an unwritten law that you do not talk trash about someone who has just died. I do not claim you were doing that but I have already seen some of this stuff elsewhere and expect more to come. There is a vast difference between 'love and admire' and someone claiming his tumor was karma.
Ted Kennedy made a grievous mistake in 1969. He has long since attoned for it. That episode is of course part of his legacy and needs to be included. Some of you people act as if that is the only thing you care about in his life.
That's pretty narrow, in my opinion.

Rest in Peace, Senator.

Rose has all her children together again.
No, actually I read today that Jean Kennedy Smith is still alive, the surviving Kennedy sister...

No but there is sort of an unwritten law that you do not talk trash about someone who has just died. I do not claim you were doing that but I have already seen some of this stuff elsewhere and expect more to come. There is a vast difference between 'love and admire' and someone claiming his tumor was karma.
Ted Kennedy made a grievous mistake in 1969. He has long since attoned for it. That episode is of course part of his legacy and needs to be included. Some of you people act as if that is the only thing you care about in his life.
That's pretty narrow, in my opinion.

And that law is broken everyday when people like Saddam Hussein, Ted Bundy and other people that have caused the deaths of others die. Do you think anyone on here will have a kind word when Casey Anthony dies? Ted Kennedy was a selfish, corrupt, alcoholic politician who will NOT be missed by everyone. The people who did not agree with his life's decisions have just as much right to speak out right now as those who agreed with him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back