Senator Al Franken accused of unwanted kissing/groping

I am waiting to see who else will get inline with him. Maybe he is, too.

Mike Emanuel‏Verified account
@MikeEmanuelFox

Fox has learned that Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton (D) is expected to tap Minnesota Lt. Gov. Tina Smith (D) as his choice to succeed Sen. Al Franken (D-MN), who is resigning Wednesday.

BBM ("IF" he is guilty of anything, he is guilty of boorish or vulgar, episodic pranks/ lewd jokes) - and this is where I see the problem. Excusing behaviour like this by treating it as prank or lewd jokes - c'mon! I along with many other women have had to face this type of behaviour our whole lives - it impacts on self esteem, self worth, self identity. It digs at the heart of how we as women see our place in society. I don't care if some idiot thinks he is just having a joke or pranking it up...this stuff has repercussions! Why is it soooo hard for some men and women to understand this??? About time women took a stand against such behaviour, but sadly I think only some men will change their behaviours - others will always have ways to use influence power and money to avoid being exposed.

Damn this stuff makes me so angry!

Who are the main sources of "boorish or vulgar, episodic pranks/ lewd jokes?"

TV? Hollywood? Personally, I don't care for or watch awards shows (Emmy's, Oscars, etc). Aren't those the people who drive today's "comedy." I don't see the value in today's comedy. Todays "comics" are more people who preach at us about our values, when their own values are somewhat questionable. The people of Hollywood and TV hardly have any high ground to stand on, as evidenced by some of their recent scandals. Today's humor, frankly, is not very funny. Humor to me is much more simplistic and free of agenda and political attack. If you turn on to any Hollywood awards production, it is nothing more than a hate fest attacking their enemies, rather than a true award show recognizing good work. Thanks but no thanks.

Who are the main sources of "boorish or vulgar, episodic pranks/ lewd jokes?"

TV? Hollywood? Personally, I don't care for or watch awards shows (Emmy's, Oscars, etc). Aren't those the people who drive today's "comedy." I don't see the value in today's comedy. Todays "comics" are more people who preach at us about our values, when their own values are somewhat questionable. The people of Hollywood and TV hardly have any high ground to stand on, as evidenced by some of their recent scandals. Today's humor, frankly, is not very funny. Humor to me is much more simplistic and free of agenda and political attack. If you turn on to any Hollywood awards production, it is nothing more than a hate fest attacking their enemies, rather than a true award show recognizing good work. Thanks but no thanks.

Agree 100% - well said. I worked in the entertainment industry for almost 25 years, and ended up getting out because it changed so much. Back then people couldn’t believe I’d want to leave such a “fun and glamorous” career. Ha! It was great in the early 80s til about the late 90’s. By 2005 or so, it was time for me to bail. Even then I stayed about 5 years longer than I should have. Having said that, I worked with some incredible people, many of them men, whom I still admire. However, by and large, it just kept getting more and more cutthroat, political and cliquey. I valued my sanity and my new marriage too much to continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think a man should lose his career because he got a little “handsy” a few times. He had thousands of opportunities to grab women’s bottoms thru the years, and we’ve heard of only 5 or 6, several of them anonymous, and at least one who is a right wing/Fox News Birther. If that is the extent of it, assuming that even one of them is telling the truth, then he shouldn’t resign.

It would be extremely easy to ruin a career/life if all accusers choose to remain anonymous.

And I’m not ‘blaming the victims’. These women weren’t raped nor flung on the casting couch. I think Al Franken was wronged and should not leave his seat until the people of Minnesota have decided that.

I don’t think a man should lose his career because he got a little “handsy” a few times. He had thousands of opportunities to grab women’s bottoms thru the years, and we’ve heard of only 5 or 6, several of them anonymous, and at least one who is a right wing/Fox News Birther. If that is the extent of it, assuming that even one of them is telling the truth, then he shouldn’t resign.

It would be extremely easy to ruin a career/life if all accusers choose to remain anonymous.

And I’m not ‘blaming the victims’. These women weren’t raped nor flung on the casting couch. I think Al Franken was wronged and should not leave his seat until the people of Minnesota have decided that.

I mean by that logic, let all the murderers go free. I mean, look at all the people they DIDN'T murder!

I mean by that logic, let all the murderers go free. I mean, look at all the people they DIDN'T murder!

Those that don't finding someone getting a 'little handsy' to be crossing a line should be offering themselves up to be groped etc. That way there would be no complaints or concerns over a career in ruins - happy campers all around.

What happened to his resigning? I guess it is okay if you have a certain set of politics.

He did resign. Or... Are you commenting on his resignation vs some of the others who didn't feel the same "pressure?"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave