Senator Seeks Study On Castrating Sex Offenders

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by belimom, Jan 26, 2011.

1. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

Senator seeks study on castrating sex offenders

2. Loading...

3. tlcya

tlcya Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

unfortunately, sexually violent predators are often not driven by their "hardware" but by the need to dominate and humiliate which can still be satisfied by other means with victims that are no less horrifying. I do not know that the loss of said "hardware" would diminish that urge one iota.

4. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

5. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

So true tlcox, but it isn't going to bother me if we remove their said "JUNK"!
    That may stop their sexual urges then and satisfy some people.
    I'm not going to lose any sleep over the predator who in junkless.

Goz

6. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

:yes:

It's their brain that offends, you can castrate them but it doesn't mean they won't offend again. The urge is still there, I believe they can use any object if they don't have their "junk"...one who sexually abuses, cannot be cured. They need to be put away for the rest of their lives, in order to not reoffend. JMHO

7. Peliman

Peliman New Member

Well I figure it works on dogs so I don't see the problem with child offenders. I'm just not that sympathetic this morning and hey there's room at Guantanamo.

8. tlcya

tlcya Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Oh don't misundertsand Goz, I would never mourn the loss of such an offenders junk or march for him to maintain the right to keep his junk. Just sayin I don't know that doing that would necessarily make us in the general population any safer.

9. IWannaKnow

IWannaKnow New Member

Granted, rape is a crime of violence and power, not sexual satisfaction, so I submit this (perhaps in conjunction with "loosing his 'junk'") and this would work for the ladies too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobotomy

Lobotomy

One doc can work on the 'junk' while the other works on the motivation. In and out. :thumb:

10. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

LOL Iwannaknow gave me a giggle this morning :)

11. legalmaniac

legalmaniac New Member

The loss of the "hardware" that penatrates their victims might not make a difference, but the castration of the back up junk resulting in neutering would manage that pesky testosterone problem which has been identified as part of the problem.

They have been using chemical castration (pills that affect the testosterone levels) for years with success for many of these offenders, but when those guys get out of prision or end psychological treatment, they often stop taking the pills and those urges return.

Unfortunately, there is also the psychological component.....and you're right tlcox, we don't know what, if any, other heinous crimes those guys might be capable of.

12. Kat

Sexual deviancy/psychosexual disorder can't be distilled into one size fits all fix. It's an extraordinarily complex problem of the mind, body and spirit.

Hormones and hardware and other organic and physical fixes won't even begin to broach the psychological issues. That's why these offenders usually can't be and aren't rehabilitated.

I say pass legislation like LA has at this time. http://www.thegovmonitor.com/world_...ator-laws-take-effect-in-louisiana-35083.html

It's a start. Not enough but a start. JMHO.

LA tried to put child rapists to death but those sentencing guidelines were overturned by a higher court.

I happened to have agreed with that sentencing.

We would have no need to worry if they were medication compliant or worry about if castration would be effective in protecting children...

if they had been convicted of the crime of rape of a minor and a jury of their peers deemed it an appropriate sentence to put them to death.

I really wouldn't lose a wink of sleep on that one. But that's just me. JMHO.

13. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ New Member

I'm willing to conduct the study myself............. All I will need is a box cutter and some salt. ;) With each and every castration I am going to do a free BONUS lobotomy. ( IMO it's all in the brain ) All I'll need for that is a phillips head screwdriver

14. justthinkin

justthinkin New Member

Sorry, but I have a neutered male dog, and it hasn't slowed him down one bit. So I don't know why anyone would think it would be any different with humans.

15. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

Well, I don't mind if they neuter this dog
    at all. In fact, I would do it myself. I'm not losing
    sleep if a molester losses his junk. Anything to
    to help the cause. Being the crime is not sexual
    in nature, this would just be an added bonus.
    It might just prevent the rape.

Goz

16. Kat

You're post made me think of a catch phrase I hear here in the military community. (it's overused too lol)

Take one for the team. LOL

We need to have SO's take one for the team and surrender their junk?

Haha I'm in a silly mood sorry.