Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took too much time skimming that stuff and need to skedaddle. In short, long later-- I can't reconstruct why I was so sure TA couldn't have opened that Flickr account. I'm thinking now I may have been absolutely wrong about that ( or I just can't remember what made me so sure, lol).

I think the CD he was asking her to do in April might have been of photos of Napoleon, because he wanted to put up a Naps website (nothing in texts says that, I'm remembering it from elsewhere).

If TA did open a Flivkr account on June 3, the CD on his desktop might have been left out from that task, not a CD the brought with her.

In fact, I'm wondering if she brought CD's at all. Maybe she got the idea of saying that from noticing that CD on his desk. And /or his brand new Flickr account.

Hilarious, if that's the case, because the screwed herself royally with that lie, by handing JM more evidence of premeditation.

ETA-- maybe she scratched the CD's Travis already had out, because she's a malicious , then incorporated that vandalism as a de facto explanation for a stretch of time spent in TA's office, and TA getting angry with her. About CD's she didn't bring and that he would have no reason to want to view, as he had been working with them hours earlier, before she arrived. ;)

He discussed camera on the 23. Didn't say he has actually bought it yet.

Found it; copied from this post on the Post Verdict thread:

Quote Originally Posted by MissHaley View Post
This is a good time to view this - Travis Alexander's last speech April 24 2008 at the Fort Collins PPLU (Unedited Version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDiJA09iK7Q

Quote Originally Posted by meekssandygirl View Post
I have not watched the whole video but I got chills at 29 minutes in because he talked about a camera he just bought at Best Buy the day before. We all know the camera he is talking about!

Bringing the above over here for safe-keeping:

Travis' camera purchase - April 23, 2008.

Thank you for looking. For whatever reason, I have no memory of ever hearing that she and Matt may have been together that morning. If true, it sure does emphasize how perfunctory her trip to DB's was. So much for her (lol) deep connection with DB's son, or her manifesto babble that DB was the love of her life. She just wanted to use him, for money and gas cans.

And to check her emails on his computer, at 7AM. Even though she had her laptop with her. And had just spent the night at Matt's house, who owned at least one computer. And even though it would seem Matt came with her to Brewer's house, and she may well have returned to MM's house after her first trip to Brewer's. Or was Matt with her when she went back at 10AM to drop off the remote?

Hinky, all the way around.

Add in that she was allegedly(see below) living with MM in August 2006, just after her enhancement surgery and just before the whole PPL got rolling...

I had come across a long post I'd saved from a jad way back in Feb 2013 on that calls for justice site, at first it had seemed to be more of a rant about some group that specialized in "flirty fishing" but dang a lot of the info in it seems to be pretty accurate. Anyway, if anyone wants more info about it just let me know, I think I cleared enough room for any notifications.

Here's just a snippet of it:
"Matt McCartney, who she was living with, was her sexual partner who had (years before) lived in a tent with her on the premises of the Ventana Inn and Spa, where her boss, Darryl Brewer, was a man (twice her age) who would become another sexual partner. In the summer of 2007, she was living at the Ventana Inn and Spa again, except this time she was living with Matt McCartney in a red house on the property."

RickshawFan said:
Yes there. JM knew she was lying about the clothes closet because a) it was too tidy; b) she couldn't reach the top shelf and c) if she had stepped on a shelf, it would have tipped or collapsed. I think JM just needed to make it plain that she was lying about the whole closet chase, but he didn't need to establish where she did, in fact, keep the weapons or clothes; they just weren't where she said they were. She probably changed her clothes in the downstairs bathroom and went down there with nothing on. She could have removed TA's towels from the master bathroom and then said something like "Let me find you a towel" while she was taking photos, so she'd have an excuse to go into the linen closet. The gun and/or knife was in there behind the towels.

Okay - regarding towels! Were there any laying around the bathroom? or any where near the shower? Like I would hang a towel near my shower - easy to reach. Were any towels found? Just can't remember! :)

And I'm :giggle: about YOU adding the "trucker" info! Probably true! :D

Hope4More said:
Thank you for looking. For whatever reason, I have no memory of ever hearing that she and Matt may have been together that morning. If true, it sure does emphasize how perfunctory her trip to DB's was. So much for her (lol) deep connection with DB's son, or her manifesto babble that DB was the love of her life. She just wanted to use him, for money and gas cans.
And to check her emails on his computer, at 7AM. Even though she had her laptop with her. And had just spent the night at Matt's house, who owned at least one computer. And even though it would seem Matt came with her to Brewer's house, and she may well have returned to MM's house after her first trip to Brewer's. Or was Matt with her when she went back at 10AM to drop off the remote?

I, too, don't remember MM being with her that morning either! Would be interesting to have a conversation with MM! Maybe someone can pay it a TON of $$ and he'll talk?!!

:wave:

Took too much time skimming that stuff and need to skedaddle. In short, long later-- I can't reconstruct why I was so sure TA couldn't have opened that Flickr account. I'm thinking now I may have been absolutely wrong about that ( or I just can't remember what made me so sure, lol).

I think the CD he was asking her to do in April might have been of photos of Napoleon, because he wanted to put up a Naps website (nothing in texts says that, I'm remembering it from elsewhere).

If TA did open a Flivkr account on June 3, the CD on his desktop might have been left out from that task, not a CD the brought with her.

In fact, I'm wondering if she brought CD's at all. Maybe she got the idea of saying that from noticing that CD on his desk. And /or his brand new Flickr account.

Hilarious, if that's the case, because the screwed herself royally with that lie, by handing JM more evidence of premeditation.

ETA-- maybe she scratched the CD's Travis already had out, because she's a malicious , then incorporated that vandalism as a de facto explanation for a stretch of time spent in TA's office, and TA getting angry with her. About CD's she didn't bring and that he would have no reason to want to view, as he had been working with them hours earlier, before she arrived. ;)

I found these old posts that might help answer that, would it be because of the video she had posted?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...beyond-Jodi-Arias-General-Discussion-4/page16

That sounds like a much more likely scenario re the CD's. Plus, the one that was left out in the office....she probably thought it would show her as being affectionate (for having put it together). They're such bad photos, I could never see why there should be any "spats" abou them. And, for gosh sake, she could have just emailed them to him.

I don't understand the whole CD thing at all.

Add in that she was allegedly(see below) living with MM in August 2006, just after her enhancement surgery and just before the whole PPL got rolling...

I had come across a long post I'd saved from a jad way back in Feb 2013 on that calls for justice site, at first it had seemed to be more of a rant about some group that specialized in "flirty fishing" but dang a lot of the info in it seems to be pretty accurate. Anyway, if anyone wants more info about it just let me know, I think I cleared enough room for any notifications.

Here's just a snippet of it:
"Matt McCartney, who she was living with, was her sexual partner who had (years before) lived in a tent with her on the premises of the Ventana Inn and Spa, where her boss, Darryl Brewer, was a man (twice her age) who would become another sexual partner. In the summer of 2007, she was living at the Ventana Inn and Spa again, except this time she was living with Matt McCartney in a red house on the property."

Wasn't she still with DB in summer of 2006? She was already doing PPL and had her mind set on a wealthy mormon husband. She was on her celibacy kick. H4M did an exploration of the timeline for starting PPL and setting her sights on a mormon marriage. She had met Abe by this time. This was well before TA came into the picture (I still think she stalked him at that convention).

Okay - regarding towels! Were there any laying around the bathroom? or any where near the shower? Like I would hang a towel near my shower - easy to reach. Were any towels found? Just can't remember! :)

And I'm :giggle: about YOU adding the "trucker" info! Probably true! :D

I, too, don't remember MM being with her that morning either! Would be interesting to have a conversation with MM! Maybe someone can pay it a TON of $$ and he'll talk?!!

:wave:

I believe towels ended up in the wash, and she may have taken more with her.

Usually when a person takes a shower, the like to keep a towel within easy reach. could have removed this towel just so she could sound loving in offering to hand one to TA.

TxJan1971's transcript
29:19
JA: Yes, we had sex a couple of times. Once was in his bed and once was again downstairs in his office. He was looking at some pictures that I had brought for him, but he has a virus on his computer, so when he clicked the Start menu on Windows XP or Windows 2000 or whatever, you have like My Pictures, My Music, My Computer. You can usually click on My Computer and then go into the disc drive and open that. He clicked the Windows and it come up and none of that My Pictures, My Music, none of that would come up, so he had some kind of virus he was dealing with. His screensaver was a bunch of little bugs eating up the screen. It was just weird, and he said that is from the virus, too. I said, “That’s a cute screensaver,” and he said, “Yeah, it’s my stupid virus.” For some reason, that was frustrating for both of us, because we couldn’t look at the pictures, and they were from a lot of our church history trips which are on my other external drive which I haven’t been able to access for a long time, since after Christmas, because it just quit, and I just haven’t had the money to spend to get all that stuff back.

31:00
JA: Yeah. Yeah. Maybe, after noon. I just, you know…He had been cleaning his house umm…so I couldn’t… I wasn’t sitting on the couch. Usually I would just chill on the couch downstairs, you know, if no one was home. Umm…but he had like chairs and all that stuff all over the couch. I think he was cleaning the floors or something, uhh…fed Napoleon. I don’t know if he made phone calls or not or what he was doing on the internet, but at one point he was going to go up and take a shower and it took a lot of convincing prior when he was shaving. I was like, I got some ideas, and they didn’t turn out good at all, not like I wanted to, but I thought that I could get some cool pictures of him shaving, ‘cause he does the whole old-fashioned thing with like this little, I don’t know how it works. Umm…but he liked it though, apparently, because he used it for his profile picture on My Space. Umm…so those didn’t turn out as good and I was going to do that later but I asked him if I could take pictures of him in the shower, and he’s like, “No.” I was just like, “I have an idea.” “Well, what do you mean?” I was like, I said, I saw this thing in a Calvin Klein ad once and it looked really good, and you’re right, he wasn’t really comfortable at first. He’s standing there and he says, “I feel gay.” (Laughs)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I scrutinized the above paragraphs for awhile now looking for lies and hidden truths.

IMO, these are what she wanted to convey to DF. All for her benefit.

-They had sex twice. (not true)
-She brought 3 CDs. (not true)
-T's computer had virus. (true)
-Her external drive has been dead since Christmas. (probably true)
-She saw chairs on the sofa (true)
-Her mindset was not of a premeditated murderer. Travis may have used phone or internet. She doesn't care if he did. (not true)
-She took the shower pictures with his consent. (not true)

I don't think Travis met those 3 CDs at all. The CD story was just part of her florid elaboration in describing the virus.
I don't know why the virus on T's laptop was important to her.

Also think the shower photos were not pre-planned. She just took them because it felt right at the time of murder.

12:13 pm text, and 3:34pm, 4:19pm, 4:54pm computer usage was all .

What she said and lied in the two paragraphs above solidifies my belief that there was only very little interaction between Travis and his murderer on June 4th.

(How can loving sisters have such different opinions Huh?)

I've not been able to figure that out either, did she download the pics to the CD before Christmas and for whatever she can't now get into that HD? Why even mention it? Unless of course questions about it were likely to arise later. And why would not being able to get a CD open be frustrating 'for some reason'? It seems completely reasonable, if it were the truth. Seems like between the murder and the arrest she bashed up every piece of electronic equipment she owned that might have evidence on it.

It's the same hard drive that she said ( in her right after her murder one conviction interview with Troy Hayden) held images of Travis , wearing a priest collar and carrying a Bible, chasing a naked four year old little boy. And then she'd taken some photo's of her neck and bruising from Travis chocking her (which she writes of in her journal in before/during her leaving Mesa A, and MM saw them and told her to get a restraining order, and she told him she's be gone in a day or two. Why was MM in Mesa then?) which she didn't take for any specific reason as she drove to her new home at her grandparents C in Yrkea, but her defense team didn't think was important enough to her defense of abuse, and child *advertiser censored*. So the hard drive was working in April.

[video=youtu;MFw8DM5rC8w]http://youtu.be/MFw8DM5rC8w[/video]

Really? You mean Travis didn't throw the scratched-up CD at her, it hit the wall before landing on her head while she was playing with Naps, so she had to bend over to calm him down? :floorlaugh:

Anyway, I came to the same conclusion that she didn't bring those CDs. (or she brought them but Travis never saw them). I agree it's hilarious. She really screwed herself.

Where could she have hidden the stolen gun and the DVD player until her murder trip? It's always in the back of my mind somehow MM could be involved in this.

If true, I don't think MM will ever talk. Talking means possible prison time for him.

OK...I got really diverted skimming through journals and texts looking for computer and photo related stuff. (to follow, still).

These are asides, but...

1. The OKC road trip. From the texts it is clear what route she and TA drove each way. On the way back they took I-40 from OKC all the way to Flagstaff (with a detour to hike in Chinle), then took Rte 17 from Flagstaff to Mesa. Ta-da. The last leg of their last road trip together. I'm even more sure now she took 17 out of Mesa on the 4th, then west on 40 to Kingman.

(No hotels on the way back, they drove straight back, TA texted CLay it was a 23-24 hour drive (because of Chinle stop and icy roads in AZ).

Also in the texts.....Chris texted TA at OKC convention, pretending to be , "can I stay with you tonight, I've lost my room key." TA replied- "I'm sure there's a way we can work it out for you to pay for staying."

Then TA immediately texts Chris again saying he has a story he wants to tell him. Chris says he has one too, about something that happened in a restaurant in AZ (names the place). Tells TA to tell his story first. TA says he thinks Gus Search is pulling a "Kyle Kimball" with the . Chris replies- let (Gus) have her, and come on up to the room.

Later at the convention TA and CLay are trying to hook up, but CL can't escape the , only partially because they were sharing a room. Sky tells TA she wants to introduce CL to her brother Zion. TA says he wants to be there in the lobby when those 2 meet.

A little while later the texted TA to hurry up with the introduction thing, because CL wanted to go (by limo) to a particular party, and everyone was waiting on her. TA was unhappy -- told it was a *advertiser censored* party, told CL he'd heard from that CL wanted to go, CL said she couldn't get away from , who was driving her to drink, and both CL and went by limo to the party. An ED kind of party, where the met up with Ryan Burns the 1st time, introduced herself, and gave him her "business card."

What I hadn't noticed before is TA's odd questions to CL while CL was still at the party, and the timing.

CL hadn't wanted to go, it was the who dragged her into going. Less than one hour after arriving, though, the left. TA asked CL- "did she tell anyone she was going, or did she just leave?" CL said the did tell her, then left. No asking of CL do you want to leave too, how will you get back.....nothing.

It's obvious IMO that the made sure CL went with her to keep TA from hooking up with her. What's more interesting is that the seems to have made straight for Ryan Burns, then left. And that TA seems to have wondered if she left alone (or perhaps with Gus Searcy).

TxJan1971's transcript
JA: Yes, we had sex a couple of times. Once was in his bed and once was again downstairs in his office. He was looking at some pictures that I had brought for him, but he has a virus on his computer, so when he clicked the Start menu on Windows XP or Windows 2000 or whatever, you have like My Pictures, My Music, My Computer. You can usually click on My Computer and then go into the disc drive and open that. He clicked the Windows and it come up and none of that My Pictures, My Music, none of that would come up, so he had some kind of virus he was dealing with. His screensaver was a bunch of little bugs eating up the screen. It was just weird, and he said that is from the virus, too. I said, “That’s a cute screensaver,” and he said, “Yeah, it’s my stupid virus.” For some reason, that was frustrating for both of us, because we couldn’t look at the pictures, and they were from a lot of our church history trips which are on my other external drive which I haven’t been able to access for a long time, since after Christmas, because it just quit, and I just haven’t had the money to spend to get all that stuff back.

JA: Yeah. Yeah. Maybe, after noon. I just, you know…He had been cleaning his house umm…so I couldn’t… I wasn’t sitting on the couch. Usually I would just chill on the couch downstairs, you know, if no one was home. Umm…but he had like chairs and all that stuff all over the couch. I think he was cleaning the floors or something, uhh…fed Napoleon. I don’t know if he made phone calls or not or what he was doing on the internet, but at one point he was going to go up and take a shower and it took a lot of convincing prior when he was shaving. I was like, I got some ideas, and they didn’t turn out good at all, not like I wanted to, but I thought that I could get some cool pictures of him shaving, ‘cause he does the whole old-fashioned thing with like this little, I don’t know how it works. Umm…but he liked it though, apparently, because he used it for his profile picture on My Space. Umm…so those didn’t turn out as good and I was going to do that later but I asked him if I could take pictures of him in the shower, and he’s like, “No.” I was just like, “I have an idea.” “Well, what do you mean?” I was like, I said, I saw this thing in a Calvin Klein ad once and it looked really good, and you’re right, he wasn’t really comfortable at first. He’s standing there and he says, “I feel gay.” (Laughs)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I scrutinized the above paragraphs for awhile now looking for lies and hidden truths.

-Her mindset was not of a premeditated murderer. Travis may have used phone or internet. She doesn't care if he did. (not true)

I don't think Travis met those 3 CDs at all. The CD story was just part of her florid elaboration in describing the virus.

Also think the shower photos were not pre-planned. She just took them because it felt right at the time of murder.

What she said and lied in the two paragraphs above solidifies my belief that there was only very little interaction between Travis and his murderer on June 4th.

I like that idea about the shower photos not being preplanned, at least before she got there. She may have had to come up with that concept because he wouldn't take a shower.

I don't think she ever owned an external drive. That story is to cover why there's no evidence for something or other.

TxJan1971's transcript

Yes. Very clear she had no idea what he was doing. Maybe she was outside peeking in the windows?

Where could she have hidden the stolen gun and the DVD player until her murder trip? It's always in the back of my mind somehow MM could be involved in this.

If true, I don't think MM will ever talk. Talking means possible prison time for him.

Since is extremely unimaginative, I would guess she hid them among her unmentionables. Or under the seat of Aunt Sue's truck. You know how phones and stuff are inclined to drop down in there?

I'll bet she also did some target practice...

I like that idea about the shower photos not being preplanned, at least before she got there. She may have had to come up with that concept because he wouldn't take a shower.

I don't think she ever owned an external drive. That story is to cover why there's no evidence for something or other.

The wrote in her journal (number #4) on February 8, 2008, that she thought she was going to have to send her external hard drive to a "data extraction center," and added- " no bueno" and a little frownie face.

Several things are a little curious about that entry (besides the fact she'd just been fired from Mimi's and was broke, especially since she'd been forced to lend TA her every last dollar). One is that the beginning of the entry for that day is in entirely different handwriting and ink, and is completely unrelated to what follows (some shallow meditation thing she had read in a PD book or some such).

The entry part about the HD also begins with her saying she needed to write up what had happened the "past few days, " even though she was tired. Thing is, she had written entries, and long ones, the day before and the day before that.

She could have stuck that HD entry in later on, or....she did have an external HD, and she couldn't in fact access photos on it, at least in February 2008.

OK...I got really diverted skimming through journals and texts looking for computer and photo related stuff. (to follow, still).

These are asides, but...

1. The OKC road trip. From the texts it is clear what route she and TA drove each way. On the way back they took I-40 from OKC all the way to Flagstaff (with a detour to hike in Chinle), then took Rte 17 from Flagstaff to Mesa. Ta-da. The last leg of their last road trip together. I'm even more sure now she took 17 out of Mesa on the 4th, then west on 40 to Kingman.

(No hotels on the way back, they drove straight back, TA texted CLay it was a 23-24 hour drive (because of Chinle stop and icy roads in AZ).

Also in the texts.....Chris texted TA at OKC convention, pretending to be , "can I stay with you tonight, I've lost my room key." TA replied- "I'm sure there's a way we can work it out for you to pay for staying."

Then TA immediately texts Chris again saying he has a story he wants to tell him. Chris says he has one too, about something that happened in a restaurant in AZ (names the place). Tells TA to tell his story first. TA says he thinks Gus Search is pulling a "Kyle Kimball" with the . Chris replies- let (Gus) have her, and come on up to the room.

Later at the convention TA and CLay are trying to hook up, but CL can't escape the , only partially because they were sharing a room. Sky tells TA she wants to introduce CL to her brother Zion. TA says he wants to be there in the lobby when those 2 meet.

A little while later the texted TA to hurry up with the introduction thing, because CL wanted to go (by limo) to a particular party, and everyone was waiting on her. TA was unhappy -- told it was a *advertiser censored* party, told CL he'd heard from that CL wanted to go, CL said she couldn't get away from , who was driving her to drink, and both CL and went by limo to the party. An ED kind of party, where the met up with Ryan Burns the 1st time, introduced herself, and gave him her "business card."

What I hadn't noticed before is TA's odd questions to CL while CL was still at the party, and the timing.

CL hadn't wanted to go, it was the who dragged her into going. Less than one hour after arriving, though, the left. TA asked CL- "did she tell anyone she was going, or did she just leave?" CL said the did tell her, then left. No asking of CL do you want to leave too, how will you get back.....nothing.

It's obvious IMO that the made sure CL went with her to keep TA from hooking up with her. What's more interesting is that the seems to have made straight for Ryan Burns, then left. And that TA seems to have wondered if she left alone (or perhaps with Gus Searcy).

Who is Kyle Kimball ans what is he famous for?

What was Searcy up to with S (abbreviation needed 'cos my ipad is developing wear spots)? TA thinks it was sex?

I'll bet she researched RB the way she researched TA.

What exactly was this party?

I knew you were going to say the route they came back from OKC on foreshadowed her post-murder drive.... I'm sure you're right: after all, she's an interstate kind of gal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member