Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely her two "friends" Michelle and Nicole(both from PPL but were already friends?), that she had carpooled with to the Las Vegas convention in September, had filled her in on what to expect, though I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that she had in fact gone to the March convention that year, and not had just watched the DVD/CD and signed up blindly online for hundreds of dollars, either alone or with whoever would have almost certainly invited her after she'd called around to get more info re the DVD/CD she'd allegedly had since before Christmas 2005.

Don't forget that the whole thing with these kind of companies is to sell not only the product but to get people motivated to sign others up too, so the chances that whoever signed her up didn't follow up with a hard sell, which as we all know from the trial included getting those motivating calls from higher level executives, is slim to none. Also, wasn't it one of those higher level executives in her group, a Dr. David Hughes, that admitted they'd told TA they had someone new they thought he should meet and that's why TA had walked up to her and introduced himself? Wasn't that higher level executive also Mormon? [video=youtube;Jv3FGM7uW78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv3FGM7uW78[/video]

Note also that her boob job came not long after she signed up with PPL, leading me to believe that not only had she scoped out the prospects but also the competition before making her grand entrance in September.

When was the event that she went to and sat in the executive seating, meeting Abe the first time?

For sure, even she had to know that forbidden fruit is more attractive... plus she made sure TA knew about the state of her and DB's relationship at the time, though apparently DB wasn't aware of it yet... Yup, TA was to be her white knight, rescuing her from this horrible relationship that she was trapped in... but she being so goddess-like would still not dishonor it by even kissing another man, though less than a week later she allegedly felt free enough to engage in oral sex with this man she'd just met and was not only a guest at his friend's house, but was going to church with them all the next morning... while still living in the same house as DB.

Yeah.

For sure, even she had to know that forbidden fruit is more attractive... plus she made sure TA knew about the state of her and DB's relationship at the time, though apparently DB wasn't aware of it yet... Yup, TA was to be her white knight, rescuing her from this horrible relationship that she was trapped in... but she being so goddess-like would still not dishonor it by even kissing another man, though less than a week later she allegedly felt free enough to engage in oral sex with this man she'd just met and was not only a guest at his friend's house, but was going to church with them all the next morning... while still living in the same house as DB.

She and DB bought their overpriced, $2,800 per month mortgage house in mid 2005. She was waitressing, and iirc, DB didn't even a job at the time. No wonder playing house lost it's allure so quickly for her that she was looking for get rich schemes by early 2006.

I think a large part of why she chose to target Mormons is she knew their courtships tended to be very short, a belief the Hughes would have reinforced for her early on, by fall 2006.

I think from their first meeting on that she expected TA to propose to her any day now. She went into high drive manipulation in January 2008, using the Hughes, because she knew she couldn't stay in her Palm Desert house much longer, and her credit cards were already maxed out from using them to pay the mortgage.

She needed Travis to propose to her to rescue her from financial insolvency. When he not only didn't, but told her he didnt want her in Mesa, I think she moved to Big Sur thinking MM could bail her out somehow, and when he didn't, she moved to Mesa because she was out of options, other than retreating to Yreka-- out of the question.

She wrote in her journal in the fall of 2008 that she could have been safely married (and financially secure) by then if only she had "made a different choice," but that she had allowed her "heart" to dictate to her, which had been a mistake.

I read that as regret for targeting Travis in Las Vegas, when she had so many other more viable targets available in the"Mormon land of opportunity."

When was the event that she went to and sat in the executive seating, meeting Abe the first time?

I'd have to look it up, might be in this podcast with him and Dr. Drew where he says he met her at a business event and they hung out for a few months(in both Palm Springs and Pasadena) before they ended up having a lunch date and then a dinner date(Dec? 2006) where the "magic" comment came from.

Start at about 00:07:45 for about 3 or so minutes, depends on how long you want to listen...
http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/0/3/a/03a...72409447&hwt=0940500eff5b4ab8d1ab608583a19538

She and DB bought their overpriced, $2,800 per month mortgage house in mid 2005. She was waitressing, and iirc, DB didn't even a job at the time. No wonder playing house lost it's allure so quickly for her that she was looking for get rich schemes by early 2006.

I think a large part of why she chose to target Mormons is she knew their courtships tended to be very short, a belief the Hughes would have reinforced for her early on, by fall 2006.

I think from their first meeting on that she expected TA to propose to her any day now. She went into high drive manipulation in January 2008, using the Hughes, because she knew she couldn't stay in her Palm Desert house much longer, and her credit cards were already maxed out from using them to pay the mortgage.

She needed Travis to propose to her to rescue her from financial insolvency. When he not only didn't, but told her he didnt want her in Mesa, I think she moved to Big Sur thinking MM could bail her out somehow, and when he didn't, she moved to Mesa because she was out of options, other than retreating to Yreka-- out of the question.

She wrote in her journal in the fall of 2008 that she could have been safely married (and financially secure) by then if only she had "made a different choice," but that she had allowed her "heart" to dictate to her, which had been a mistake.

I read that as regret for targeting Travis in Las Vegas, when she had so many other more viable targets available in the"Mormon land of opportunity."

Or she was perhaps bemoaning her decision to have confronted him about what she'd found by snooping on him back in June? 2007 and then broke up with him over it, thinking he'd come running after her.

I'd have to look it up, might be in this podcast with him and Dr. Drew where he says he met her at a business event and they hung out for a few months(in both Palm Springs and Pasadena) before they ended up having a lunch date and then a dinner date(Dec? 2006) where the "magic" comment came from.

Start at about 00:07:45 for about 3 or so minutes, depends on how long you want to listen...
http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/0/3/a/03a...72409447&hwt=0940500eff5b4ab8d1ab608583a19538

The answer is also to be found in Abe's testimony during PP2. I wrote up a whole Abe and lies chronology a ways back, but iirc, she met Abe at a Super Saturday PPL event in Anaheim, in August 2006.

Or she was perhaps bemoaning her decision to have confronted him about what she'd found by snooping on him back in June? 2007 and then broke up with him over it, thinking he'd come running after her.

Oh, she also explicitly bemoaned (in multiple entries) being forced by her goddess intuition to snoop his texts, and being forced into relying upon her goddess intuition because TA had made her feel so "insecure." By not proposing. Even though he had not yet even told her "I love you" (according to the herself, in her journal).

BTW, I don't believe she broke it off with TA, at least not as she described. I think TA didn't respond as she required him to after she told him she'd snooped his texts (bad enough), then dared to confront HIM (wth?), including with accusations of dalliances that were completely off the wall (whoa...).

Her account of TA snooping HER emails first includes how she says she felt when he confronted HER about what he'd found. I suspect what she writes of that is really what TA's response was to her.

And.....there was a long threatening email sent to TA on June 29, 2007, the day she said they broke up, from as yet unknown sender with the email address, iirc of "youdon't knowme123@(whatever).com"

The . Out of control furious that TA hadn't apologized for cheating on her, nor grovelled at her feet, nor come to his senses on the spot and begged her to marry him, nor , perhaps, begged her to reconsider when she lost it after he didn't do any of those things.

(Tho she actually has said Travis DID propose to her that day, lol).

A witness would have described her hair as brown. I can't figure out why it was ever rational to dye her hair. Otherwise, witness description=the color of ' hair.

Sharp mind you have RickshawFan!
The witness description would match the since she is currently a brunette. And that would be enough.
If she was really smart she'd have gone back to blonde. That would take care of the sex photo problem too.

During interrogation invented lots of stories in order to fit the time stamps which DF revealed to her on the first day of interrogation. I think none of her stories should be believed.

Just because the shower photos were taken immediately before the murder, I've always assumed those photos were part of her plan and that she convinced him before the shower. I no longer believe the shaving/convincing florid story at all. It was an invented story only to make believe Travis consented to the shower photo session and to explain why he looked uncomfortable.

Instead she probably planned to ambush him while he cools himself off in the shower. Maybe she knew he did that often. DH and I sometimes take a regular shower then another (no soap, no shampoo) to wash off perspiration after yard work or a day out golfing.

I think she took those photos of him because she was mad he deleted the nudes, planted or not. Her anger, revenge, BPD, and whatever psychological disorder she had made her take those photos.

(And)
I don't have any more fresh ideas why she would plant the nudes other than the alibi one.

The witness description would match the since she is currently a brunette. And that would be enough.
If she was really smart she'd have gone back to blonde. That would take care of the sex photo problem too.

I thought about that.... Why didn't she dye her hair back to blonde? That would have got Flores attention too, as in, What did have to hide that she kept changing hair color? A ninja costume would have been a more effective disguise.... Too bad she didn't think up that one...;)

Criminal mastermind the was not. She is, after all is said and done (at some point ;)), just an uneducated bad waitress, a murderous, narcissistic sociopath who consistently and vastly overestimated her own intelligence and her ability to lie her way out of any situation.

Thinking she couldn't be identified if she dyed her hair brown was no greater or lesser a mistaken, arrogant assumption than thinking it couldn't be proven she was in Arizona if she only kept trip receipts for CA and Utah, and turned her phone off while she was in AZ. Well, except for turning her cell back on 27 minutes away from Nevada, even though she had to have known she was still in Arizona.

Wasn't DF telling her about the witness seeing her at Travis' a ruse to try to get her to tell the truth about whether she was there as she denied it initially?
Also, odd that she made those t-shirts and undies saying "Travis Alexander's". Wasn't that t-shirt one of a few Travis had made to promote his blog? I thought I read somewhere he had made t-shirts with his name on the front and then something like the name of his blog on the back of it? But she had to purchase stencil letters herself to iron them on the panties. Weird that she did that, but it also can be construed as intent to cover up that she was there. Also IMO shows that she was beginning to plant the seeds of a defense leaving all possibilities open, specifically that he was possessive and the jealous type, as she had probably altered many entries in her journal by then as she knew her number was up.
I wonder how she knew the clock was ticking from 6/10 to her arrest. I also wonder who she spoke with between that time - Gus? Matt? Even though either of those two could have been charged with accessory after the fact to a murder.
I don't think Matt really knew anything, especially not her bruises, or else the defense team would have called to testify. I'll always wonder about that.
And where did she get that $800 to deposit 6/3? From the guy at Ventana who said she told him she needed the money to go see Travis. He was never called to testify, was he?
So many unanswered questions. I hope someday she comes clean about details- maybe in 25 years into her sentence...

In the photo of Jodi in the Travis Alexander t shirt it looks like it was taken in his bedroom. You can see the cabinet where he kept his tv behind her. IIRC there was talk about the t shirt business in a text at a convention?

The defense team could not call MM. Juan would of had a field day on many subject with him.

Someone asked upthread if Travis's shower was over the garage, and yes his bathroom was over the garage.

So, did Jodi stay in the house until she and Travis "broke up" she flees to Big Sur and MM for a month then moves to Mesa? She writes on July 25 that she is back at the house in Palm Desert, and the water has been turned off.

In the photo of Jodi in the Travis Alexander t shirt it looks like it was taken in his bedroom. You can see the cabinet where he kept his tv behind her. IIRC there was talk about the t shirt business in a text at a convention?

The defense team could not call MM. Juan would of had a field day on many subject with him.

Someone asked upthread if Travis's shower was over the garage, and yes his bathroom was over the garage.

So, did Jodi stay in the house until she and Travis "broke up" she flees to Big Sur and MM for a month then moves to Mesa? She writes on July 25 that she is back at the house in Palm Desert, and the water has been turned off.

The reason I asked if the bathroom was above the garage? I was wondering if the could have spent the afternoon in TA's car after being kicked out of the house. She could have heard the shower from there.

(Sorry, y'all for mistake in saying Brewer left in September, not December. I'd always thought it was December, but misheard September when I watched again yesterday before posting).

To answer the questions-- why the didn't tell her prey Travis upfront she had been entertaining Mormon missionaries for months, was already "interested" in that religion, and had already exiled DB from her bed?

IMO, because she is a sociopathic predator who had done her homework about Mormonism. To bring someone into the faith is considered an extremely significant achievement in that religion, one that brings rewards in the afterlife.

And, as I understand it, the person responsible for the gathering in of a convert is also considered a spiritual mentor of sorts to the converted.

From the 's perspective, IMO, TA as religious mentor meant he would feel obligated to her from the get go (and in fact, the Hughes have said the used this regularly to manipulate him, to keep her claws in him).

I also think she assessed TA as prey, including his vulnerabilities, within the first hour of meeting him, and knew in a very short time that TA was insecure, needed to be flattered, could be easily manipulated by stoking his ego, and that his religion mattered to him. Tactic-- let him believe he was persuasive and attractive enough to woo her into taking a look into his faith.

As for why say she had a BF? One of the 's routine strategies was to "confess" or to tell a smidgeon of the truth of a thing in order to seem exceptionally candid and honest, but actually in pursuit of selling or avoiding confessing up to a big lie.

(Example: telling Ryan she had snooped TA's texts ("you must think I'm a horrible person") in order to cultivate his sympathy (to play him), and to help create an image of herself as honest, straightforward, and....a victim of the philandering Travis).

---------

How would she recognize a PPL'er as Mormon ? Not by sight, but she knew which PPL pools skewed Mormon, had been attending PPL events in CA for months (no doubt picking up intel on prospects), and had a track record of researching peeps. (I think it was Sky who said the would research everything she could find about every one of the women who were "friends" with TA on SM, or who were "liked" or were "liked" by TA.

BBM describes her regular routine perfectly.
That's exactly what she did during her testimony. Countless times.

Just for fun..

If she bought 3 gas cans on her own,
If she used cash for all purchases then threw all receipts away,
If she didn't take (or plant) the nudes,
If she protected her hand while stabbing,

Would she be using her Tucks pads in Perryville today?

Just for fun..

If she bought 3 gas cans on her own,
If she used cash for all purchases then threw all receipts away,
If she didn't take (or plant) the nudes,
If she protected her hand while stabbing,

Would she be using her Tucks pads in Perryville today?

Yes. Since she was the only likely perp, EF and JM would have dug for more evidence, just the way we have.

There were all those extra miles on the rental.
Her flight from LE, which they thwarted.
Her absence from work.
All the days unaccounted for, since she arrived at RB's late.
Her fantasy that she wouldn't be discovered, so no doubt she would have created other stupid lies.
Her voluntary phone calls to EF.
The CD player at DB's which could have been identified as the item stolen the day the gun went missing.
Her voluntary DNA.
If she had gloves on, she would've stabbed somewhere else on her body, because they would have been slippery and awkward.
Her hair in the shower.
She screwed up a whole lot more than we know....

I'm skimming back through her journals, and two things, 1) She writes on August 8,2007, that she's picking up a pizza to take back to Rachel and Scotts to eat then she's driving back to Ca to take the expedition back, and pick up her car. She misspells expidition. I wonder who's suv she had?

2) And on Sunday August 3, 2008 or 5? she and Travis went to the pizza place. She's wrote 2007 on all the dates before and after that. I thought the pizza place date was in April when Sandy was here to help move her back?

I thought about that.... Why didn't she dye her hair back to blonde? That would have got Flores attention too, as in, What did have to hide that she kept changing hair color? A ninja costume would have been a more effective disguise.... Too bad she didn't think up that one...;)
In an effort to thwart LE's initial suspicion or investigation, #Einsteinette could've colored her hair back to blonde after she killed Travis, but two things she couldn't explain away is the smarty-phone selfie she took of herself in Salinas on June 3rd (seemingly looking satisfied with her new, dark brunette 'do) and the DNA of the hair she left behind at Travis' house on the 4th. Heck, had she dyed her hair back to blonde, it still may not have even matched the same hair color the car rental guy remembered her as having.

Re: the TShirt - I think that was Skye's side business but I don't think it included underwear stenciling. I am still curious as to when the killer did this, and the timing. Those pics were taken July 12.
And Juan could have subpoenaed MM too if he wanted to. I don't understand why he didn't, but Juan unlike the DT didn't need to call everyone who knew her.
I rewatched Desirree Freeman's testimony yesterday (& Dan, and Lisa Andrews too). Desiree, who no doubt the defense thought would be a great witness for them because she witnessed a fight between Travis & the killer when she got out to take pics and Travis jokingly pretended to drive off and the killer got mad. DT asked Desiree if Travis verbally abused the killer when she told him it "wasn't funny" that he did this, and Desiree said yes indeed that Travis' statement to the killer was "over the top" yet when asked what Travis said that was so bad, Desiree could not remember. Juan thought that was incredulous, telling Desiree if what Travis said was so bad why didn't Desiree remember. Desiree was an awful DT witness. I watched Dan Freeman and didn't know that the killer made frequent trips to the Freeman home - he stated that she "was like a sister" in his family.
Wilmott's questioning of Lisa Andrews was not her finest moment either- many sidebars, JSS and plenty of "Approach" episodes as well as JM objections. But while Wilmott tore apart Lisa's email to Travis when they broke up for the first time, but Lisa rallied back and told Wilmott she was taking her words out of context and Lisa counter - pointed Wilmott's attempt to make Travis out to be a less than stellar boyfriend and turned the tables on Wilmott.
Back to work today - no more time to rewatch the trial for me.
Juan was impressive as a prosecutor; the DT not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member