Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean Kirk's Revenge Volumes 2 and 3 are not going to be published? That sounds snarky, sorry, I don't bear him any ill will. I think he must have been in a great amount of turmoil when he decided to write and publish the books, suffering from PTSD after defending her, the cancer diagnosis, the unfriendlies on social media.

I think in the early stages he knew he was destined to be another Arias casualty and tried ever so hard to get away from it before it wrecked his life. Judge Sherry forced him to remain, she kept her job yet his is gone for 4 years and likely a forever damaged career. Not to mention the knowledge that, while she may be on her hands and knees cleaning toilets for half of 10 cents an hour, she's doing it with a smirk knowing she was able to destroy him even though he defended her as she insisted, with her scorched earth directive.

I'm sure he's come to realize that Travis never had a chance against her, even before she picked up her knife, she obliterates everything that crosses her path (but that still doesn't absolve you Nurm, some things that were said and done are unforgivable).

I'm glad to see the Alexanders' lives are improving, they deserved none of the heartache and lost years this murderess stole from them.

So does this mean Kirk's Revenge Volumes 2 and 3 are not going to be published? That sounds snarky, sorry, I don't bear him any ill will. I think he must have been in a great amount of turmoil when he decided to write and publish the books, suffering from PTSD after defending her, the cancer diagnosis, the unfriendlies on social media.

I think in the early stages he knew he was destined to be another Arias casualty and tried ever so hard to get away from it before it wrecked his life. Judge Sherry forced him to remain, she kept her job yet his is gone for 4 years and likely a forever damaged career. Not to mention the knowledge that, while she may be on her hands and knees cleaning toilets for half of 10 cents an hour, she's doing it with a smirk knowing she was able to destroy him even though he defended her as she insisted, with her scorched earth directive.

I'm sure he's come to realize that Travis never had a chance against her, even before she picked up her knife, she obliterates everything that crosses her path (but that still doesn't absolve you Nurm, some things that were said and done are unforgivable).

I'm glad to see the Alexanders' lives are improving, they deserved none of the heartache and lost years this murderess stole from them.

I'm actually sorry that Nurmi's law license has been suspended. Not because I feel sorry for him, and not because I think he didn't deserve it (attorney-client privilege is supposed to be sacrosanct), and not because I think he wrote his book for the "right" reasons, but solely because yes, there's no doubt the is smirking at the news.

Oh well. Let her smirk as she scrubs toilets and shares a tiny cell with a cellmate she can't escape, and makes enemies behind those bars and gates and coils of barbed wire she'll never escape from either.

I hope this doesn't have any effect on any of the trials but I bet it won't be the last we hear about it.

Another reason to be glad she didn't get the DP, as that sentence would have been so much more vulnerable to being overturned.

I hope this doesn't have any effect on any of the trials but I bet it won't be the last we hear about it.

*Wonders how many toilets she will have to scrub to buy pencils and paper from commissary in order to craft the inevitable subsequent multi-page letter*

:jail:

:facepalm:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago
Jen's Trial Diaries Retweeted Monica Lindstrom
Wow.....Jen's Trial Diaries added,

Monica Lindstrom @monicalindstrom
Lead defense counsel for #JodiArias, #KirkNurmi, agrees to turn in his license and be disbarred @KTAR923 #LegallySpeaking

Attorney Kirk Nurmi initially faced a four-year Bar suspension, but agreed to disbarment after others in the case objected and said he was unrepentant about serious ethical lapses in writing a book.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...of-arizona-disbarment-tell-all-book/94239560/

The attorney " representing 's interests" objected to Nurmi's 4 year
suspension because Nurmi did not "demonstrate remorse" for savaging in his book? Words fail.

So, Nurmi is disbarred and won't practice law again. I'm sure is greatly satisfied and thinks she deserves the "credit" for ruining Nurmi, just as she promised years ago.

Nurmi must have known what risk he was taking when he wrote that book, though perhaps he didn't expect to survive his cancer, so wasn't concerned about the consequences.

I sure do hope that none of these sideshows have any affect on her appeals.

Attorney Kirk Nurmi initially faced a four-year Bar suspension, but agreed to disbarment after others in the case objected and said he was unrepentant about serious ethical lapses in writing a book.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...of-arizona-disbarment-tell-all-book/94239560/

Hmm... now I wanna read that book. First of three, they say? If he accepted a four-year disbarment, there must be some juicy stuff in there - not that we all doubted what a nightmare she was for him.

I actually don't blame Nurmi for wanting to write it and get it out. He got screwed by having to stick with that case no matter how often he asked to be released.

I hope it will open the eyes of at least some of those who believed she was the victim of abuse.

Hmm... now I wanna read that book. First of three, they say? If he accepted a four-year disbarment, there must be some juicy stuff in there - not that we all doubted what a nightmare she was for him.

I actually don't blame Nurmi for wanting to write it and get it out. He got screwed by having to stick with that case no matter how often he asked to be released.

I hope it will open the eyes of at least some of those who believed she was the victim of abuse.

There wasn't anything "juicy" in Nurmi's book, just a whole lot of anger and lashing out, and a whole lot of blaming others for everything. There's at least one thread further back devoted to his book and to JM's, if you're interested.

The attorney " representing 's interests" objected to Nurmi's 4 year
suspension because Nurmi did not "demonstrate remorse" for savaging in his book? Words fail.

So, Nurmi is disbarred and won't practice law again. I'm sure is greatly satisfied and thinks she deserves the "credit" for ruining Nurmi, just as she promised years ago.

Nurmi must have known what risk he was taking when he wrote that book, though perhaps he didn't expect to survive his cancer, so wasn't concerned about the consequences.

I sure do hope that none of these sideshows have any affect on her appeals.
BBM. Seems like it shouldn't because it was post-conviction, and he wasn't her lawyer anymore, so does attorney-client priviledge still stand? Jose Baez said in court Casey was acting like a two-year-old- while her trial was going on. No effect there.
I think Nurmi wanted to tank his career, he was done and wrote the book as a purging, knowing darned well what could be the outcome.

ITA LinasK.

Cathartic. Cleansing. Healing.

Cancer/ death changes perspective about what really matters and what doesn't.

BBM. Seems like it shouldn't because it was post-conviction, and he wasn't her lawyer anymore, so does attorney-client priviledge still stand? Jose Baez said in court Casey was acting like a two-year-old- while her trial was going on. No effect there.
I think Nurmi wanted to tank his career, he was done and wrote the book as a purging, knowing darned well what could be the outcome.

ITA LinasK.

Cathartic. Cleansing. Healing.

Cancer/ death changes perspective about what really matters and what doesn't.

Attorney-client privilege is forever, unless the client agrees to waive privilege.

Nurmi has said the waived privilege, at least on the topic of his representation of her, when she gave that post-conviction interview and accused him of not fully investigating/putting on witnesses to support her lies about physical abuse.

I'm pretty sure 's appellate attorneys will be arguing to the COA that she didn't receive a fair trial because of excessive publicity, before and during trial (including a claim witnesses were too intimated to testify).

You're right, that if Nurmi's book contributed to the "circus," it was post trial and irrelevant to her COA appeal, which will be based solely on the trial record. I wonder, though, if it gives her any kind of opening, however small, to make an argument for ineffective counsel in her post-conviction relief case. Not really seeing how she'd succeed, given that she didn't get the DP.

One of the articles said Nurmi broke privilege and revealed information that wasn't admitted at trial? Scratching my head on that one, since I don't remember reading any new info, other than personal digs at the (such as his comments about calling and commanding him to pet her cat Luna while he was interviewing her grandparents in Yreka).

---

I agree his book seemed like a purging. It was one long, really angry rant, directed as much at the public for "not understanding" what a brilliant job he'd done saving her from the DP as it was a thorough smack down of and less so, of JM and Flores and Dr. Horn.

IIRC, he said during one of the few interviews he did after he self published the book that he knew it might end his career as an attorney. And, I think he kinda shrugged as he said it.

Looks like his choice was to fight 's attorneys (who is paying them?!) to try to limit the damage to 4 years, or to walk away. Don't blame him one bit for not wanting to do battle yet again with the . Wonder if being disbarred frees him up to write whatever he wants about her and behind the scenes at trial? :D

Jen's Trial Diaries Retweeted
ABC15 Arizona ‏@abc15 9h9 hours ago

#JodiArias is considering suing former attorney Kirk Nurmi over a book he wrote about the case
http://bit.ly/2f1esIs #abc15
-----

Can you sue if everything written was the truth? I suppose you can sue over anything if you have time and money enough, will she use the "defense fund" for such a purpose? Half of 10 cents an hour toilet cleaning sure won't pay for a lawyer. Seems like this particular battle will rage on for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks