Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
News folks,
Juan Martinez will be the prosecutor in the Serial Shooter case in Arizona.
Hopefully, cameras will be allowed in the courtroom.

This happened

Monday, October 23rd:
*Comprehensive Pretrial Conf. @ 8:30am PT - AZ - 7 killed from April to June 2016 - Aaron Juan Saucedo (23) ("Serial Street Shooter") accused of 8 counts 1st degree murder, 6 counts drive-by shooting, 2 counts attempt to commit 1st deg. murder, 2 counts aggravated assault, endangerman & discharge of firearm/pled not guilty - (Juan Martinez prosecutor) - live coverage/@ 8:30am PT. :juanettes: hearing was on Oct. 13th: Re media coverage hearing will be heard Oct. 23rd

:dunno: what happened....

This happened

Monday, October 23rd:
*Comprehensive Pretrial Conf. @ 8:30am PT - AZ - 7 killed from April to June 2016 - Aaron Juan Saucedo (23) ("Serial Street Shooter") accused of 8 counts 1st degree murder, 6 counts drive-by shooting, 2 counts attempt to commit 1st deg. murder, 2 counts aggravated assault, endangerman & discharge of firearm/pled not guilty - (Juan Martinez prosecutor) - live coverage/@ 8:30am PT. :juanettes: hearing was on Oct. 13th: Re media coverage hearing will be heard Oct. 23rd

:dunno: what happened....

Don't know either, none of the minute entries for Oct. are posted, although they're listed on his docket. From this article:

"Saucedo's mental competency to stand trial is being evaluated. His hearings have been frequently postponed, most recently to Nov. 29."

Sounds like this latest one was postponed but can't find any other info. This is also in the above article:

"Furthermore, Mikitish stated that Maricopa County was large enough that an impartial jury could still be found despite media coverage, that images of Saucedo have already been distributed and that any taint would be further lessened because an eventual trial would be years off."

Did you hear me groan? :(

Thanks for the update geevee! Very much appreciated.

Folks, remember Jodi's best gal friend? Donavan Bering? Looks like the two had a falling out.
Donavan gave Radar online an interview.
I wonder how much she was paid? Google the story.

Convicted killer Jodi Arias sues former defense attorney over tell-all book

"Convicted killer Jodi Arias, whose obsessed trial groupies clogged tabloid TV and social media with tales of salacious intrigue and courthouse snark, filed a civil lawsuit Tuesday in Maricopa County Superior Court against her former defense attorney, L. Kirk Nurmi.

The lawsuit claims that Nurmi, who headed Arias' legal team during her 2013 and 2015 murder trials, violated attorney-client privilege and unjustly enriched himself by publishing a tell-all book about the case before Arias has been able to appeal her conviction and life sentence for the 2008 murder of her lover, Travis Alexander.

Asked to comment on the suit, Nurmi responded in an emailed statement that when Arias failed at controlling the case, she tried to ruin his career and his reputation.

"Standing up to the abuse Ms. Arias imparted upon me over the years was an important part of my personal transformation and I will continue to fight this battle with vigor as I defend against this lawsuit which is best viewed as a continuation of Ms. Arias’ pattern of attacking men whom she feels have wronged her," he wrote in his statement.

"Of course, no one person has suffered at the hands of Ms. Arias (more) than Mr. Alexander and I look forward to clearing the air on all the derogatory assertions that Ms. Arias made about him as I defend against the outrageous claims made in this lawsuit."...
It claims Nurmi violated attorney-client privilege by revealing details about Arias and her trial against her wishes. It also pinpoints passages in the book that it claims are personally disparaging to Arias or in violation of the rules of ethical conduct for attorneys.

The suit also claims that Nurmi was obsessed with the sexual aspects of the case..."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...rney-kirk-nurmi-over-tell-all-book/801071001/

The lawsuit: https://drive.google.com/viewerng/v...ral.com/persistent/icimages/news/2547_001.pdf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just hearing about this and it sounds like more of the same by CMJA. "Waaah, I've been victimized by a man!!"

Convicted killer Jodi Arias sues former defense attorney over tell-all book

"Convicted killer Jodi Arias, whose obsessed trial groupies clogged tabloid TV and social media with tales of salacious intrigue and courthouse snark, filed a civil lawsuit Tuesday in Maricopa County Superior Court against her former defense attorney, L. Kirk Nurmi.

The lawsuit claims that Nurmi, who headed Arias' legal team during her 2013 and 2015 murder trials, violated attorney-client privilege and unjustly enriched himself by publishing a tell-all book about the case before Arias has been able to appeal her conviction and life sentence for the 2008 murder of her lover, Travis Alexander.

Asked to comment on the suit, Nurmi responded in an emailed statement that when Arias failed at controlling the case, she tried to ruin his career and his reputation.

"Standing up to the abuse Ms. Arias imparted upon me over the years was an important part of my personal transformation and I will continue to fight this battle with vigor as I defend against this lawsuit which is best viewed as a continuation of Ms. Arias’ pattern of attacking men whom she feels have wronged her," he wrote in his statement.

"Of course, no one person has suffered at the hands of Ms. Arias (more) than Mr. Alexander and I look forward to clearing the air on all the derogatory assertions that Ms. Arias made about him as I defend against the outrageous claims made in this lawsuit."...
It claims Nurmi violated attorney-client privilege by revealing details about Arias and her trial against her wishes. It also pinpoints passages in the book that it claims are personally disparaging to Arias or in violation of the rules of ethical conduct for attorneys.

The suit also claims that Nurmi was obsessed with the sexual aspects of the case..."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...rney-kirk-nurmi-over-tell-all-book/801071001/

The lawsuit: https://drive.google.com/viewerng/v...ral.com/persistent/icimages/news/2547_001.pdf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Y/N (and Hi!) I'll read through the suit (and pray for live streaming of this trial lol) but am already agape at her accusing Nurmi (or anyone!) of being obsessed with sex. I'm intrigued with Nurm saying he plans to clear the air about all the mud thrown at Travis, I realize he was only giving JA the defense she insisted upon but how does he keep his own butt out of that fire? Looking forward to reading his answer to the suit, should be a pretty good read.

1) Article said JA filed, so is she playing lawyer again? Would love to see the filing!

2) Did KN ever make money on his books, or even break even....felon must think KN is rolling in money, IMO he did not make much on the book(s) as they really needed proof reading etc.

3) Before felon would see any money, the Alexander’s would get it or any court debts paid or any other bills outstanding would be paid first

4) Felon IMO wants a new trial, her name back in the media, she misses the attention and she wants freedom...will not happen...she admitted in court TS was still alive when she slit his throat...good confession, in a court, in public. She would never get released as she is a flight risk.....prison att must be getting to her

5) How much of this article is fake news, made up or blown out of proportion. KN tried so many times to get out of being her attorney.

What a nightmare!

1) Article said JA filed, so is she playing lawyer again? Would love to see the filing!

2) Did KN ever make money on his books, or even break even....felon must think KN is rolling in money, IMO he did not make much on the book(s) as they really needed proof reading etc.

3) Before felon would see any money, the Alexander’s would get it or any court debts paid or any other bills outstanding would be paid first

4) Felon IMO wants a new trial, her name back in the media, she misses the attention and she wants freedom...will not happen...she admitted in court TS was still alive when she slit his throat...good confession, in a court, in public. She would never get released as she is a flight risk.....prison att must be getting to her

5) How much of this article is fake news, made up or blown out of proportion. KN tried so many times to get out of being her attorney.

What a nightmare!

Her suit is linked in YesorNo's post above, but be prepared, the majority of it seems to have been penned by the High Queen Incarcerated Goddess, only from page 36 (the charges) appear to have been written by an actual attorney.

Now after struggling though that entire self-serving yell-fest, I am replete with disturbia.

Her suit is linked in YesorNo's post above, but be prepared, the majority of it seems to have been penned by the High Queen Incarcerated Goddess, only from page 36 (the charges) appear to have been written by an actual attorney.

Now after struggling though that entire self-serving yell-fest, I am replete with disturbia.

Yep, the 's suit reads like a list of quintessential narcissistic complaints, and like she really believes she still has a "reputation" she needs (or is able) to repair, by her usual method, natch, of slathering on a layer of more lies, these atop the once steaming but now just stale & putrid pile of those she has already told.

Interesting what she clearly can't tolerate being said about her and what by her omissions don't trouble her a whit. For example, she's pissed anyone thinks she ever harmed pets, because she "loves!" animals, but butchering a person? Meh.

My two favorite whoppers, though, are that she claims Nurmi forced her (lol) to put on a self defense case, which she didn't want to do (lol), and that it was only at Nurmi's insistence that she ever said anything mean or bad about Travis (wheeee).

I'm baffled why the high priced atty the has hired again (with appellate trust funds, no doubt) agree to represent her. What case? Nurmi is already disbarred, didn't make any money on his self published book, and though he put on an exceptionally nasty defense, there is no question that he did so with more than the vigor and effectiveness required by law.

She can try to drag out her revenge- what else does she have left? - but she'll be deprived even of that hobby soon enough.

Yep, the 's suit reads like a list of quintessential narcissistic complaints, and like she really believes she still has a "reputation" she needs (or is able) to repair, by her usual method, natch, of slathering on a layer of more lies, these atop the once steaming but now just stale & putrid pile of those she has already told.

Interesting what she clearly can't tolerate being said about her and what by her omissions don't trouble her a whit. For example, she's pissed anyone thinks she ever harmed pets, because she "loves!" animals, but butchering a person? Meh.

My two favorite whoppers, though, are that she claims Nurmi forced her (lol) to put on a self defense case, which she didn't want to do (lol), and that it was only at Nurmi's insistence that she ever said anything mean or bad about Travis (wheeee).

I'm baffled why the high priced atty the has hired again (with appellate trust funds, no doubt) agree to represent her. What case? Nurmi is already disbarred, didn't make any money on his self published book, and though he put on an exceptionally nasty defense, there is no question that he did so with more than the vigor and effectiveness required by law.

She can try to drag out her revenge- what else does she have left? - but she'll be deprived even of that hobby soon enough.

I almost giggled the number of times she railed that Nurmi could have quit whenever he wanted but hated her so much he stayed to suck up tax dollars and destroy her chance at winning her case. The 2nd trial was even more egregious than the first in lying about/bashing Travis, she expects any judge to believe she didn't agree with the defense twice?!

I don't know what she expects to get out of this either, nor why any attny would take the case. Well, maybe easy money, he only had to type up the charges, file it with her nonsense novella and wait for it to be dismissed.

So good to see you, Hope. :)

Thanks Y/N (and Hi!) I'll read through the suit (and pray for live streaming of this trial lol) but am already agape at her accusing Nurmi (or anyone!) of being obsessed with sex. I'm intrigued with Nurm saying he plans to clear the air about all the mud thrown at Travis, I realize he was only giving JA the defense she insisted upon but how does he keep his own butt out of that fire? Looking forward to reading his answer to the suit, should be a pretty good read.

First thing that came to my mind too... *Nurmi along with everyone else, cringed at every sexually deviant replay...* There's nothing "sexual" about her, anyhow. She's inappropriate and a pathological liar, of course he had to fact check her.
And any "sexual" references brought up by JM, were to showcase her brazen objectification of herself...

Chapter 1 - They left out he was battling cancer, I'm certain he felt the writing would bring "a bit," of psychological relief.. Just saying..

- It's not character assassination if it's true. Again, besides their point I suppose. Did anyone else get through pages 1-10 and figure "ENOUGH, Already!"

-The animal abuse, though inadmissible, was out her own mouth to Det. Flores.

- The attorney penned the term "haters." <deep sigh> And "meanness." I hope judge shreds this brief...*whilst midway.

- I personally vote, if any monetary compensation must be made, that it goes to the Alexanders, not her a$%.

I almost giggled the number of times she railed that Nurmi could have quit whenever he wanted but hated her so much he stayed to suck up tax dollars and destroy her chance at winning her case. The 2nd trial was even more egregious than the first in lying about/bashing Travis, she expects any judge to believe she didn't agree with the defense twice?!

I don't know what she expects to get out of this either, nor why any attny would take the case. Well, maybe easy money, he only had to type up the charges, file it with her nonsense novella and wait for it to be dismissed.

So good to see you, Hope. :)

True enough about how little time or effort her attorney put into the brief. Each charge basically cited (moot) code, then generically referenced alleged supporting facts " as laid out throughout." Didn't even bother to restate her whoppers or specifically attach them to the charges.

BTw. I never have put much stock in Monica's legal opinions, in part because she never seems to have the fortitude to clearly state then defend them. Perfect example-- her assertion that the does have a case (bull), but also that the must be able to demonstrate that Nurmi's bad deeds caused her damage (true) and that it is ridiculous for the to assert Nurmi damaged her reputation (more true yet).

On that last note , it's especially humorous & galling is claiming that Nurmi damaged her by saying she is mentally ill & had been a victim of child abuse. I almost feel sorry for Nurmi. (.......) Nah. ;)

Hugs to you, sis.

Folks, remember Jodi's best gal friend? Donavan Bering? Looks like the two had a falling out.
Donavan gave Radar online an interview.
I wonder how much she was paid? Google the story.

I read it. Donavan calls killer a sociopath. No surprise there. But then says killer had an accomplice named Matt? Is that killers claim now?

Karen Clark is the attorney hired to go after Nurmi, round one (led to him relinquishing his law license) and now(civil suit against Nurmi for breaking attorney client privilege, etc.).

Clark was just listed (as of late October) on the COA's docket for as "Special Counsel," and as a third party, and the COA has granted her carte blanche access to sealed court/trial docs.

Clark requested access to the sealed docs on October 19, and filed suit against Nurmi on October 24 (before the COA ruled to give her unlimited access to the docs.

Opening briefs by 's attys aren't due until February 2018. Wonder if they can capitalize in any way from Clark's fishing expedition ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member