Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The surfing trip to Mexico had to have been before April 2007. One of the two guys she went with was Zion L, a brother of Sky Hughes. The knew to invite herself because she was hanging out at Sky's house (uninvited) when Zion and a friend were talking about going surfing in Southern CA.

The guys changed their destination to Mexico, invited a 3rd guy, and timed their departure for 4AM, all efforts to shake her loose, but she was not to be deterred.

------
PS. I have renewed my passport by mail before, once even after 9/11. Wasn't a big deal. Do we know for sure she went to Costa Rica? It would make more sense for her to be going in somewhere if she was getting a passport for the first time.

Why not in Phoenix, though? Maybe because she was flying under the radar (avoiding repos and the like), and hadn't even obtained an AZ driver's license?
__---------

You can renew a passport at most post offices. I just renewed mine. They expire after 10 years.

If she needed a first-time passport, she could have got one in Phoenix.

I thought she stayed in Costa Rica for 6 weeks or so when she was a teenager? With someone by the last name Arias?

Maybe she had a previous passport confiscated?

This passport thing is hinky....

Did she plan to go to Brazil with someone? After all, she's all about Brazilians?

Did Abe plan on going to Cancun, and maybe she had set her sights on him?

If the surfer dudes thought they could shake by going to Mexico, they must have determined she didn't have a passport. If she actually went, she did have a passport.

I'm thinking she needed a visa for something, or else she planned to travel out of the country soon after. It would help if we knew where the SW airlines destination was.

Aaahhh, SW Airlines didn't do international destinations until 2012.... wouldn't have had to know this, though. Didn't the PPL folks go to Cancun on SW?

I see her flushing her secret-empowered demands out to the universe, written in jodified art on bits of toilet paper...

She did claim she felt like a used piece of toilet paper (memorably echoed by the low-intelligence ALV). And then there was all that rear end play she invented to frame TA. I tell you, that warden knows how to mete out relevant paybacks when it comes to the PV Princess: butts, toilet paper, toilet cleaning, cleaning up her life poop, I like how the warden thinks. Add to that, the butt lies are going to come back to bite her, so to speak, when she gets in prison scuffles. To twist a JMism, "Well, it's your butt..."

She joined in March, 2006, and met Abe in August, 2006 when (I believe) she crashed some sort of executive awards banquet or some such function, right?

For anyone who knows... is there any record of her attending/crashing any other PPL event in between those two dates?

Also for anyone who knows... did she attend/crash any PPL events in between August, 2006 in Anaheim, CA and the next month in Las Vegas, 2006?

I think she initially tried to sign-up online but there was some sort of problem, so she was signed-up in person by some gal from her local area, right? Was she one of three people that JA carpooled to Vegas with in Sept.?

I'm just trying to establish all of her known PPL activity before meeting Travis at the Las Vegas convention.

According to the DT opening statement, the "gal" was Michelle Higgins and yes, she was allegedly one of the friends(the other being a Nicole) that JA carpooled with. Just out of curiosity I googled Michelle, it appears one of the many by that name wrote little travel editorials/gossip pieces for the NY Times since 2005 ... http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/travel/28caribbean.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rias-recorded-statements-and-interviews/page3
"And so he left the information with Jodi, trying to sign her up perhaps, but Jodi wasn't really interested in it at that point. And so she really didn't do anything with it, and basically that information collected dust for about a month or so until one day she decided she was going to throw it away -- she was cleaning up - and she found the DVD that he gave her, and she decided that she'd watch it before she threw it away. Well, once she watched the information about PrePaid Legal, she really got interested. And from there, she googled more information about it and ultimately she signed up online. Once she signed up online, she actually received a call from a Michelle Higgins, who formally signed her up as an independent associate of PrePaid Legal.

Now, this was in March 2006, a full six months before Jodi had ever heard the name, or met, Travis Alexander. Now, PrePaid Legal has two big conventions a year, and they had just had their big convention in March, which Jodi missed 'cause she was just signing up. And so the next convention was in September, and the person who signed her up really talked to her about how important it is to go to these conventions so you can learn more about how to get people to buy insurance and so forth. And so in September of 2006, it was with the hope of gaining more financial stability that Jodi, Michelle, and another girlfriend hopped in the car and drove up to Vegas."

The was broke. Difficult for me to imagine she'd prioritize renewing her passport if she didn't think she was going to have occasion to use one in the near future.

The Hughes say in their book that Travis did initially put her name down for Cancun. Both TA and knew about the trip a year beforehand, so she'd have been thinking about the passport a few months after learning of the trip.

Travis needed to meet an ED quota every month for a year to actually win the trip, so he didn't know for sure he was going until early April, 2008, iirc, but the likely assumed he would.

Iirc JA was quite upset about how she'd sacrificed her own sales to help him win that contest. Also, we had seemed to come to some consensus on here that whatever she had done to help him, may have been what she had been referring to when she had told TA she had "screwed the pooch".

This is one of, if not the last, pic of her Olympus...

View attachment 100908

And that's the limo ride to the March 2008 OKC convention party to which insisted CL go (to keep her from hooking up with Travis), and where targeted Ryan Burns, then left CL behind to return to the hotel and tracking Travis.

I thought she said her Olympus camera was broken by then?

Iirc JA was quite upset about how she'd sacrificed her own sales to help him win that contest. Also, we had seemed to come to some consensus on here that whatever she had done to help him, may have been what she had been referring to when she had told TA she had "screwed the pooch".

actually messed with TA's ability to meet his March quota, which was part of the reason for the big fight at the end of March. Maybe she helped him after she tried to sabotage him, maybe not, but if there's a consensus about that being what "screwing the pooch " referred to, I'm not in agreement.

TA said on May 26 that he knew she'd "scammed" him, which may or may not have had anything to do with PPL or money. IMO it didn't, and he was referring to pretending to be someone he had finally understood she simply wasn't. That was no little thing, as she had guilted him, using his religion against him, for the entire time he'd known her.

In any case, he told her explicitly that the fact she'd choose a dollar bill over his life isn't what upset him. That IMO helps rule out anything money related.

What he also told her was- "I don't know what you found," but that (paraphrasing), it obviously wasn't bad enough for you to do what you're going to do, so just go ahead and do it.

He knew she'd been back in his FB, even after forcing her to admit she'd been posing as other women online, trying to trap him into .....something, including a wild goose chase to Utah to hook up with one of the women she was pretending to be.

Her MO was to tell him some stranger had told her about TA's liaisons, so I suspect up to that point on May 26 Travis was expecting her to play, one too many times for him, that specialty game of hers.

Before that she had told him something in a call he termed "disgusting," and iirc, his initial ( chat) response was to that call. The didn't drop her last bomb until the call following the email exchange, call, and chat.

According to the Hughes, she sent 2 emails after that last call - one denying she'd slashed his tires or stolen his journals (the very things he thought she was going to confess to during the final call), and a second email saying she was going to see an attorney.

TA didn't respond to either of those emails.

Hi my dear friends. I am so happy that you are all still here trudging through all the lies. I have good news. My sister and I are opening a new wedding boutique that features custom made floral arrangements, and so many other things. We just did all of the floral arrangements for a wedding and made all the head pieces for the flower girls as well as the bridesmaids and bride. It was beautiful. Here is a sample of just one hydrangea arrangement I made (not wedding one) Honest opinions accepted. I still have my regular job, still playing super momma, and now this. That's why I haven't been around in a while, but I think of you all often. You each have left a footprint on my arse that will never fade, and I love you all. I promise to pop in more often, miss you all.

View attachment 100894

Sorry, don't have time to fix image... someone, anyone? Help!!! Image needs rotated, LMAO.

(((CayleeAdvocate)))

Congrats on starting your new business! :). It sounds like it'll be fun, though I'm sure stressful, at least in the beginning, especially since you're juggling so much.

I'd be happy to give you peanut gallery opinions on arrangements, but (sister????) or as rumored, (mister???), you need to post full view photos. Don't mind standing on my head to look at them, but gotta be able to see the whole thang. ;)

actually messed with TA's ability to meet his March quota, which was part of the reason for the big fight at the end of March. Maybe she helped him after she tried to sabotage him, maybe not, but if there's a consensus about that being what "screwing the pooch " referred to, I'm not in agreement.

TA said on May 26 that he knew she'd "scammed" him, which may or may not have had anything to do with PPL or money. IMO it didn't, and he was referring to pretending to be someone he had finally understood she simply wasn't. That was no little thing, as she had guilted him, using his religion against him, for the entire time he'd known her.

In any case, he told her explicitly that the fact she'd choose a dollar bill over his life isn't what upset him. That IMO helps rule out anything money related.

What he also told her was- "I don't know what you found," but that (paraphrasing), it obviously wasn't bad enough for you to do what you're going to do, so just go ahead and do it.

He knew she'd been back in his FB, even after forcing her to admit she'd been posing as other women online, trying to trap him into .....something, including a wild goose chase to Utah to hook up with one of the women she was pretending to be.

Her MO was to tell him some stranger had told her about TA's liaisons, so I suspect up to that point on May 26 Travis was expecting her to play, one too many times for him, that specialty game of hers.

Before that she had told him something in a call he termed "disgusting," and iirc, his initial response was to that call. The didn't drop her last bomb until the call following the email exchange, call, and chat.

According to the Hughes, she sent 2 emails after that last call - one denying she'd slashed his tires or stolen his journals (the very things he thought she was going to confess to during the final call), and a second email saying she was going to see an attorney.

TA didn't respond to either of those emails.

I couldn't figure out from what you wrote what episode (of the many) was where she was screwing the pooch.

On the attorney thing, was she threatening him or being matter of fact? It was something scary or it was something you'd have on a to-do list like for an insurance claim.

At some point, she plans to leave her affairs in the hands of MM, according to the interrogation. For this to be legal, she'd need a legal paper.
It seems unlikely that she actually handed over her affairs to MM, but who wound up her outside life? Does that kind of thing happen in the process of prison orientation??

She was at the very least an attention *advertiser censored*. Sexual attention was abundant and readily available to her. To her, social boundaries were nothing more than painted lines; followed when convenient, but just as easily crossed. When she needed money, why not use her assets to that end? Perhaps the term 'situational *advertiser censored*' would fit, then she could switch back to being the chaste Mormon, situation warranted. I believe that's how she lived her life, giving no real importance to social rules, only to her own perceived wants and needs at the moment.

Sounds absolutely right.

There's a pattern in her text exchanges with Travis that's more subtle than her adolescent attempts to make him jealous (accidental texts and the like), but maybe, from TA's point of view, more relevant.

TA's friends have said that her attempts to make him jealous didn't work, especially after they "broke up." What I see hints of in the texts, and in other sources (email exchange with Hughes, her journal, and even in her interrogation) is the telling Travis stories about men that would make him worry about her safety.

Having that tow truck driver take her to the restaurant of her choice was only one of those stories. The said somewhere, can't remember where, that she believed Sky and Chris thought she was weird after hearing these stories.

Weird is one description of that behavior, but not the one I imagine the Hughes used, both of them remarking at various times how....interesting...it was that a PT bad waitress could afford an Infiniti, etc.

I couldn't figure out from what you wrote what episode (of the many) was where she was screwing the pooch.

On the attorney thing, was she threatening him or being matter of fact? It was something scary or it was something you'd have on a to-do list like for an insurance claim.

At some point, she plans to leave her affairs in the hands of MM, according to the interrogation. For this to be legal, she'd need a legal paper.
It seems unlikely that she actually handed over her affairs to MM, but who wound up her outside life? Does that kind of thing happen in the process of prison orientation??

The "screwing the pooch" text sent Travis came just after he forced her into confessing she had pretended to be Maria M, and just a few days before the May 26 confrontation. In that text she said she'd screwed up big time, that the screwup involved other people, not just TA, and that it was bad enough she was going to have to call Stan Parker (ppl attorney).

TA refused to talk with her by phone or to text with her until she put whatever it was in writing. Two days later (iirc) she sent that 1st email, which kicked off the May 26 chain of events.

Her email at the end saying she was going to an attorney? No one knows what that was about, if anything. was in full-blown, manipulative, probably murderous psychopathic mode by that point.

I can't imagine Travis had any reason to fear her going to an attorney, though. My best guess is she was responding to a threat of legal action he'd made her during the last call. IMO, he was responding to the news she had hit a new low in invading his privacy- the sex tape- and that he told her taping it was illegal, etc.

Sounds absolutely right.

There's a pattern in her text exchanges with Travis that's more subtle than her adolescent attempts to make him jealous (accidental texts and the like), but maybe, from TA's point of view, more relevant.

TA's friends have said that her attempts to make him jealous didn't work, especially after they "broke up." What I see hints of in the texts, and in other sources (email exchange with Hughes, her journal, and even in her interrogation) is the telling Travis stories about men that would make him worry about her safety.

Having that tow truck driver take her to the restaurant of her choice was only one of those stories. The said somewhere, can't remember where, that she believed Sky and Chris thought she was weird after hearing these stories.

Weird is one description of that behavior, but not the one I imagine the Hughes used, both of them remarking at various times how....interesting...it was that a PT bad waitress could afford an Infiniti, etc.

Bwahaha! On the stories of her risky behavior...
A) so, she comes up with the argument that the gas cans are for safety reasons? :floorlaugh:
B) she was too stupid to figure out that mormon women are not supposed to put themselves in risky situations with men. This would have made her not "wife material"
C) she continues with stories of risky behavior around men even after TA, e.g. The camping trip
D) I doubt her surfing trip would have been looked on favorably, even though Zion was family to Sky
E) was forever breaking down or running out of gas. This might not have just been stories: she might actually have engaged in this behavior to be seductive
F) even the trip to RB; she hardly knew the guy and she was going to his home and not on a coffee date; plus he clearly was interested in a "fast track" approach to the relationship

In other words, I'm not sure she was fabricating stories; the stories just reflect her hussy behavior

Latest tweet. Her latest "art". An actor from a show called Mr. Robot

image.jpg

The "screwing the pooch" text sent Travis came just after he forced her into confessing she had pretended to be Maria M, and just a few days before the May 26 confrontation. In that text she said she'd screwed up big time, that the screwup involved other people, not just TA, and that it was bad enough she was going to have to call Stan Parker (ppl attorney).

TA refused to talk with her by phone or to text with her until she put whatever it was in writing. Two days later (iirc) she sent that 1st email, which kicked off the May 26 chain of events.

Her email at the end saying she was going to an attorney? No one knows what that was about, if anything. was in full-blown, manipulative, probably murderous psychopathic mode by that point.

I can't imagine Travis had any reason to fear her going to an attorney, though. My best guess is she was responding to a threat of legal action he'd made her during the last call. IMO, he was responding to the news she had hit a new low in invading his privacy- the sex tape- and that he told her taping it was illegal, etc.

He could have also figured out she was messing with accounts? Stealing prospects financial info?

Calling the PPL attorney wouldn't have worked as a threat if she had done something clearly against the law, surely? It would have worked if she had been engaging in behavior involving PPL. PPL's business model encouraged all kinds of marginally legal behaviors like taking possession of prospects bank numbers, SS numbers, etc. I'll bet was taking full advantage, and may have put illegally-acquired info into TA's accounts.....

Interesting...she makes everyone she draws look like a psychopath... what a unique talent!

I thought she wasn't allowed color pencils? And only small pieces of paper? And how is she getting anything like this out of prison?

I thought she wasn't allowed color pencils? And only small pieces of paper? And how is she getting anything like this out of prison?

I would suspect that while discipline is strictly enforced a fairly liberal policy towards privileges is in the best long-term interests of the authorities. Consistent and long-term denial of harmless emotional outlets can literally drive people insane, and that's to no ones advantage. At the same time allowing such things with the clearly understood proviso that such privileges can be easily lost if discipline is not maintained makes things much easier and is conducive to long-term good behavior, and is going to be there for a long, long time.

He could have also figured out she was messing with accounts? Stealing prospects financial info?

Calling the PPL attorney wouldn't have worked as a threat if she had done something clearly against the law, surely? It would have worked if she had been engaging in behavior involving PPL. PPL's business model encouraged all kinds of marginally legal behaviors like taking possession of prospects bank numbers, SS numbers, etc. I'll bet was taking full advantage, and may have put illegally-acquired info into TA's accounts.....

Don't think so, and the Hughes have said Travis would definitely have noticed her messing with his PPL accounts. The man was meticulous, and at that time, trying to dig himself out of a deep financial hole, not to mention refinancing his house. High alert time, especially after late March, I would imagine.

You have to remember it's the we're talking about here. Melodramatic texts were one of her specialties, anything to get TA's attention and to keep him in contact (and controlled). Heck, one of her texts screaming "urgent" was about the necessity of buying packaging supplies.

The text about calling Parker was IMO her routine melodrama plus. Depending on what one believes was on her mind just before May 26, it's possible she was just trying to get him on the phone to deliver her final bomb, using any means necessary, and/or, using that draw to begin her setting him up for what came next-- to push him over the edge, deliberately, to make a final record of his being jealous of other men, confessing to sex, etc....the last chapter in the record she had been manufacturing since leaving Mesa.

In any case, the attorney she said she'd call in that final email wasn't necessarily from PPL. We don't know. And for all we know, her writing that could have been a complete non sequitur, meant to plant that notion on the record, but having no bearing on their conversation.

She's allowed visitors, and "earned" tracing supplies as part of her (3) step progression.

The DOC hasn't recorded yet the results of her one year evaluation, but the must be adapting quite well to have made it through step III, to have had her contact visit privileges restored, to have been moved in with a cellie, and to have been trusted with the job of cleaning toilets--and therefore being out of her cell--for 32 hours a week.

She's just a natural at prison life, I guess. Finally found her niche.

Latest tweet. Her latest "art". An actor from a show called Mr. Robot

View attachment 100920

Notice that the eyes have reflections of bright lights? Kinda like her eyes in her Perryville booking photo?

I bet the tabloid magazine photo she was tracing and copying had those lights in his eyes, and she didn't have enough imagination to draw anything but exactly what she was copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks