Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

I'm perfectly fine, thanks. There just hasn't been anything happening with the killer, etc. to post about.

I imagine the COA's calendar kinda froze over the long holidays, but they must be back to being judgy by now.

Given the freakiness this case/process has taken at every and turn, it's length, I'm sure the COA is doing everything in their power to do it right and proper, even if it means going sloooooowly. What's another few months of waiting when we're coming up on the 7th (!) anniversary of her conviction? o_O
Wow seven years Hope! It seems like yesterday. Thanks for answering. I’m just happy you are feeling ok. Some of the posts I clearly didn’t understand. Thank you for your hard work all this time and I hope the COA rules against her soon.

I have lots more than I can and probably will say about this. But several points, upfront.

1. Those "descriptions of physical anatomies & sexual proclivities" that apparently will be testified to must relate to the charges that allege JM lied under oath to Bar investigators that he didn't have sex with Jennifer Wood. Presumably, the witness who will testify about such matters is Jennifer Wood.

2. Ask yourself: if JM really did have sex with Jennifer Wood, and if he really did lie about it under oath, and IF THE BAR HAS ACTUAL, OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE TO PROVE JM LIED ABOUT THIS under oath, why would it be necessary for Jennifer Wood to testify about JM's "anatomy & sexual proclivities"?

The charges are about JM supposedly lying he had sex with Jennifer Wood, not about the specifics of his private parts and what kind of sex they supposedly had, ffs.

My conclusion? It sure doesn't look like the Bar has any actual, objective evidence, including any text messages sent by JM to Jennifer Wood that "prove" they had sex.

3. The attorney who brought these charges against JM, on behalf of TA's killer, herself describes Jennifer Wood as a liar who used JM for her own purposes, and who used multiple aliases on SM to harass, intimidate, and threaten peeps, including her ex-husband Clark, her ex-business partner Sharee Ruiz, and her ex-friend, Tammy Rose.

In her Bar complaint, Clark quotes Jennifer Wood's ex-husband as saying that Wood was such a habitual liar that "if she told you it was sunny outside you knew you had better grab an umbrella."

4. JM could have "settled" for a discipline earlier on and made this complaint go away. He didn't. What does this situation remind anyone of? For me, it sounds exactly like the crap the killer pulled before TA's trial. Remember? When after laying out the filthy lies she would level against the dead TA if the State insisted on going to trial, she "offered" to settle by accepting a grossly lesser charge.

She was sure JM & TA's family would back down, fearing the filth she would spew at trial. IMO, that's exactly what Clark thought JM would do when the Bar issued the sex charges against him.

5. Personally, I find it appalling that the State Bar of Arizona believes there was anything remotely appropriate about ever asking JM about his private life. Period.

And I'm going to be full-out outraged if the only "evidence" the Bar has that JM lied in response to questions he should never have been asked is a witness who the attorney charging JM has repeatedly acknowledged is a liar.

This whole episode is, like, JA déja vu, as H4M points out. Including the "selfie" of a male member, which we can naturally assume is a key part of the "evidence." Same question, too: Whose?

Adding this for now. I'm not a JM groupie. Even though he should never have been asked to respond to questions about his personal life, if he was asked those questions under oath and didn't tell the truth, he made a serious mistake and should be held accountable.

And, if JM did indeed leak juror17's identity to Jennifer Wood, for whatever reason, he made an even more serious mistake, and should be held fully accountable for it.

The problem I've had and still have with the charges is that imo they were tainted and questionable in myriad ways, and from the get-go. I'm flabbergasted that the State Bar of Arizona is still pursuing charges that again imo should have been dismissed outright a second time, given the nature of the charges, the lack of evidence, the lack of credibility of relevant witnesses, and the complaint so riddled with both factual and interpretative errors.

I still don't get something. Didn't everyone learn Juror 17's identity at the same time? It was public, no? Right after the verdict? The other jurors said she was the hold out. Media, like, instantly, zoomed in on her. There wasn't a secret. What was there for JM to reveal?

I’m not a rabid fan of JM but these accusations read like a bad dime store novel. It really pisses me off that State Bar Assn is affording felonious Arias the satisfaction of dragging another man thru the mud that she loves wallowing in. I agree with @Hope4More in that IF he lied under oath or disclosed confidential info, he should face disciplinary action but the rest of it is just garbage.

I’ve been rereading Ann Rule’s “Small Sacrifices” about Diane Downs who murdered her oldest daughter and maimed her two younger children. There are so many similarities between the two killers. Downs, another self-proclaimed genius who used sex to manipulate men, acted tearful, soft-spoken and acutely embarrassed during questioning by her own attorney but was smug and sarcastic as hell with the DA just like Arias. Downs is still crying that she’s innocent nearly 40 years later. They both got their just desserts.

The COA will deny her appeal but Arias will never quietly do her time because she’s just too full of self-importance and there will always be sycophants who want to jump on her bandwagon. But the court shouldn’t allow itself to be used to promote whatever crap she feels like spewing. It’s enough already!

I’ve been rereading Ann Rule’s “Small Sacrifices” about Diane Downs who murdered her oldest daughter and maimed her two younger children. There are so many similarities between the two killers. Downs, another self-proclaimed genius who used sex to manipulate men, acted tearful, soft-spoken and acutely embarrassed during questioning by her own attorney but was smug and sarcastic as hell with the DA just like Arias. Downs is still crying that she’s innocent nearly 40 years later. They both got their just desserts.

This happened in the town where I happened to be living. You're right, there are echoes of JA. Including..... some members of the media became infatuated with her, loved to show her, talk about her, every little morsel. Developments were on the news every night. We had the whole event, and then we had the whole trial. Prolly 4 years of it.
Aside: the oldest daughter testified in court against her IIRC. The middle child was killed. The youngest, a boy, was very damaged.
A key difference... the prosecutor in the Diane Downs case adopted her poor damaged surviving children. (Though not the one she was pregnant with when the trial started, who was adopted out in infancy IIRC.) Yep, IIRC, she got pregnant—maybe for sympathy—in time for the trial.
Gosh, my brain is starting to recall DD actually escaped from prison at one point.

But also.... my familiarity with the DD horror has always made me puzzled about one key aspect of the JA horror. With JA there was no pregnancy. With anyone. She didn't even lie about one, as far as we know. Why?

Almost forgot to mention... DD was sent to prison in Arizona to keep her out of the public eye and because she was an escape risk. I wonder if she's in the same prison as JA?

Last edited:
Adding this for now. I'm not a JM groupie. Even though he should never have been asked to respond to questions about his personal life, if he was asked those questions under oath and didn't tell the truth, he made a serious mistake and should be held accountable.

And, if JM did indeed leak juror17's identity to Jennifer Wood, for whatever reason, he made an even more serious mistake, and should be held fully accountable for it.

The problem I've had and still have with the charges is that imo they were tainted and questionable in myriad ways, and from the get-go. I'm flabbergasted that the State Bar of Arizona is still pursuing charges that again imo should have been dismissed outright a second time, given the nature of the charges, the lack of evidence, the lack of credibility of relevant witnesses, and the complaint so riddled with both factual and interpretative errors.

Okay. I am not a JM groupie. A rabid fan? Maybe. I think he presented the case against JA brilliantly and I don’t care who he slept with in the process. I don’t know the law. Further I feel the law fails us a good percentage of the time. How many politicians in our Congress and Senate ( most all are attorneys) lie through their teeth and under oath?

So I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed. However, I am smart enough to see a ploy of JA to get revenge, she lives for it. That’s the reason she slit Travis’ throat. It was all about revenge. She didn’t get her way, she couldn’t have him so no one could. JM won the case and she wants revenge. The attorneys representing her on appeal are snakes.

I guess I have read enough and heard enough of this nonsense of charging JM for crimes as a way for her to get revenge. It sickens me.
She is guilty. The State Bar of Arizona needs to let this one go.

This happened in the town where I happened to be living. You're right, there are echoes of JA. Including..... some members of the media became infatuated with her, loved to show her, talk about her, every little morsel. Developments were on the news every night. We had the whole event, and then we had the whole trial. Prolly 4 years of it.
Aside: the oldest daughter testified in court against her IIRC. The middle child was killed. The youngest, a boy, was very damaged.
A key difference... the prosecutor in the Diane Downs case adopted her poor damaged surviving children. (Though not the one she was pregnant with when the trial started, who was adopted out in infancy IIRC.) Yep, IIRC, she got pregnant—maybe for sympathy—in time for the trial.
Gosh, my brain is starting to recall DD actually escaped from prison at one point.

But also.... my familiarity with the DD horror has always made me puzzled about one key aspect of the JA horror. With JA there was no pregnancy. With anyone. She didn't even lie about one, as far as we know. Why?

Almost forgot to mention... DD was sent to prison in Arizona to keep her out of the public eye and because she was an escape risk. I wonder if she's in the same prison as JA?
I know Downs Was in a prison in New Jersey for a while after her escape. Then she was transferred to Chowchilla in CA. She may very well be in AZ now. She was denied parole in 2010 and will be eligible again in 2021 when she is 65. Google her mug shot. She looks old beyond her years!

I know Downs Was in a prison in New Jersey for a while after her escape. Then she was transferred to Chowchilla in CA. She may very well be in AZ now. She was denied parole in 2010 and will be eligible again in 2021 when she is 65. Google her mug shot. She looks old beyond her years!
You can see DD parole hearings on youtube.
Shes still spewing the same old garbage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back