Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

Also I think I read somewhere that you can’t bring up the same issue for PCR that your direct appeal was denied for. She already brought up prosecutorial misconduct. It must be ineffective counsel.

Good luck with that as well. Nurmi saved her life. Just the fact that she alluded the DP proves Nurmi did his job. Her followers are all into the hearsay evidence introduced regarding her grandfathers gun being stolen. Like that really matters.

PCR is the last state funded appeal. Her fans need to raise lots of money to hire a private attorney. I would bet a retainer would be at least $250K. I’m not sure any attorney would take her case knowing she may not be able to pay. He/she will look at all the evidence and not take her as a client.

So, if I understand correctly, she may claim:
  • new evidence
  • Nurmi was ineffective
  • prosecutorial misconduct
Good luck with any of those reasons. Nurmi was like a rabid dog with his defense. Juan has already been raked over the coals and the COA denied her appeal. That leaves new evidence. Unless she’s convinced someone to confess that they were there and committed the murder but convinced poor Jodi to take the rap, she’s out of luck and hopefully out of appeals. Aside from all that, Jodi has no chance convincing Stephens that there’s any reason to give her a new trial. She needs to shut up and enjoy her life sentence.

Plus, the judge didn't like her. Na na. Not that she would let it interfere w/the trial. Not that her reason wasn't* w/out bias, anyhow!

Hi all, it's been soo long since I've been here! Sheesh! Was hoping to find Juan reinstated but .. nope.

Jodi's PCR will be ruled on in accordance with the rules that were in place at the time of her trial. So the new rules don't apply to her.

If anything, they should allow her shocking admittance from the last* sentencing. Her fake* memory recall... AND all the facebook "friends" from Juror #13? who found her not guilty to Maria's husband.

on Juan

I remember reading a comment here a while back. Anyone that comes into contact w/Arias winds up in this vortex. BD's have that kind of power, maybe Stephens knew.. hrm, and that's why the trial was allowed to go on for soo long. Juan was not blank faced, he took a hard stand against her. His passion even caught notice. She got jealous is his "fame," too. It overshadowed her own.

<Quoted Post Removed>

I like her, I've seen a video of her's in the past. But this one.. I don't agree, at all.. the people behind these studies should have checked the cultural aspects of hair AND the market. I'm a little flabbergasted .. I'm gonna make a list, actually.. sorry...

1) I'm SE Asian, we have THICK brows. The men may or MAY not touch them up but they're going to be thick, by default*. Latin people, Middle Eastern, & Mediterranean people ALSO have naturally thick brows. All these cultures have HEAVILY invested in their maintenance. Brazilians, the bikini hairless bods. Middle Eastern & SE Asians, like we KNOW we need to be keeping up after them and we KNOW they make the WHOLE face. We're not like, hrm yeah, let's straighten our hair (and dear god, our henna and oiling products were a first before they became a fad, globally*), and then mayyybe we'll do our brows. Lol, no. We're doing ours brows every weekend! Our hair grows in thick or there is just more hair to upkeep. That's not a personality defect in the making... I spend every few days making sure my eyebrows are maintained, thicker (threading/waxing salons will tell you, that is* the fashion). I'll spend less time on makeup, just smack on some dark* eyeliner (waterline and all), concealer and eye cream, and the perfect* mascara. My point is, we have such dark hair, and such combo or oily skin, we take extra* care to maintain our eyes and tend to spend less time on makeup. If you look at our eyeliners, we* came up w/Kohl. These trends started IN southeast Asia & Middle East. I'm a little startled because the uploader/Dr. IS Asian! Like woah! Come on now... context*, context context. We have SO many threading shops, as the population* here leans towards Asian. People of many backgrounds do regularly* come in and it's not just thicker brows, the ARCH of the brow is the goal. Threading for us works better than waxing. It became a phenomenon! It highlights and accentuates our features quite nicely*, I'd say! anyway..

2) Depending on the high functioning or lower functioning status of the narcissist, they may or may not care about hygiene. I mean, Arias' brows are thin and out of shape, seems like they always have been. And they say most of the people in prisons are narcissistic. I compared a few prisoners, I admit it. No good brows before the mug shots... *shrug*

3) The only way to tell who's a narcissist ... listen to your gut. If you keep getting a red flag like (they assert tone and control), "something's weird about that person..." that's how you know. Otherwise it's basic hygiene or they have a naturally thinner/lighter brow line. *shrug*

<modsnip> I am soo opposed. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I like her, I've seen a video of her's in the past. But this one.. I don't agree, at all.. the people behind these studies should have checked the cultural aspects of hair AND the market. I'm a little flabbergasted .. I'm gonna make a list, actually.. sorry...

1) I'm SE Asian, we have THICK brows. The men may or MAY not touch them up but they're going to be thick, by default*. Latin people, Middle Eastern, & Mediterranean people ALSO have naturally thick brows. All these cultures have HEAVILY invested in their maintenance. Brazilians, the bikini hairless bods. Middle Eastern & SE Asians, like we KNOW we need to be keeping up after them and we KNOW they make the WHOLE face. We're not like, hrm yeah, let's straighten our hair (and dear god, our henna and oiling products were a first before they became a fad, globally*), and then mayyybe we'll do our brows. Lol, no. We're doing ours brows every weekend! Our hair grows in thick or there is just more hair to upkeep. That's not a personality defect in the making... I spend every few days making sure my eyebrows are maintained, thicker (threading/waxing salons will tell you, that is* the fashion). I'll spend less time on makeup, just smack on some dark* eyeliner (waterline and all), concealer and eye cream, and the perfect* mascara. My point is, we have such dark hair, and such combo or oily skin, we take extra* care to maintain our eyes and tend to spend less time on makeup. If you look at our eyeliners, we* came up w/Kohl. These trends started IN southeast Asia & Middle East. I'm a little startled because the uploader/Dr. IS Asian! Like woah! Come on now... context*, context context. We have SO many threading shops, as the population* here leans towards Asian. People of many backgrounds do regularly* come in and it's not just thicker brows, the ARCH of the brow is the goal. Threading for us works better than waxing. It became a phenomenon! It highlights and accentuates our features quite nicely*, I'd say! anyway..

2) Depending on the high functioning or lower functioning status of the narcissist, they may or may not care about hygiene. I mean, Arias' brows are thin and out of shape, seems like they always have been. And they say most of the people in prisons are narcissistic. I compared a few prisoners, I admit it. No good brows before the mug shots... *shrug*

3) The only way to tell who's a narcissist ... listen to your gut. If you keep getting a red flag like (they assert tone and control), "something's weird about that person..." that's how you know. Otherwise it's basic hygiene or they have a naturally thinner/lighter brow line. *shrug*

<modsnip> I am soo opposed. LOL
I love your post. I totally agree with everything you say. Your post is sensitive and on point. Now I’m so annoyed at myself for posting that video, I think I’ll self-report it and get it removed. I feel chagrined that it’s quite blatantly racist and Caucasian-centered, and I didn’t register. Thanks for pointing it out. I really, truly, appreciate you for doing so.

I’ve been binging on narcissism stuff for another thread, nothing to do with eyebrows. It has given me insights on JA.

Last edited by a moderator:
oy.. didn't mean to cause shame... I just think they don't know the market/our market/maintenance habits. You're never out of bounds. *hug*

Last edited:
If you're interested in a Facebook group that has an extensive file collection related to the appeal etc I will give you the name of the grpouand you can join.

Hi there I am interested in joining that FB group you mention. Can you please send me the information to join?

Thanks very much!

The cell mates secrets weren't really secrets at all unless the viewer has a vivid imagination. It was fodder for the Facebook groups though and brought a few of them back to life for awhile. There is a relatively new group though whose creator is reviewing an ages old blog that he inherited. His goal is to revive and update the old blog. He then plans on having a group of law students review said blog before an attorney presents it the Pardon/Clemency board. The FB group is actually a trash Travis group and he is merciless in doing so. His primary interest is the supposed pedophilia and his incessant posting of the 12 year old school girl/sex/role playing tape. I am currently on a 30 day block by the groups creator along with several other members. Seems that he and the truth are strangers.

That guy who runs the case review FB page is definitely strange. Clemency Board? Really? There is no chance in hell she’ll get a pardon. He trashes Travis in literally every post and repeats the same old information. His other page is some financial page. To me that guy is a lonely person with too much time on his hands.

There is another new FB page dedicated to JA’s innocence run by another freak, a European guy from France. That page is full of JA sycophants, many of them European. It appears they all think she defended herself from Travis’ “abuse”. That group is not a good discussion group. If one posts against their theory of self defense the poster gets called out on being not as smart as the admin is- which he tells everyone in every post.
You’ll get nothing but Word salad, long, “copy & pasted” standard responses from both of those gentlemen should anyone offer a different opinion. I do admit I review both pages but never respond. It’s not worth it - like beating a dead horse. They’ll never change their minds.

It was filed under seal..
Surprised? . As of July 14, there was a motion filed for a status conference.. AZ could have rejected the PCR, apparently they didn't. Still waiting for next motion as to the schedule. Pages and pages of newly sealed transcripts, and oddly, she DISMISSED the civil case against the Nurmi's. So, many questions I have in my head. Did she not want the depos from the civil case made public bc she's using them in the PCR? .or is this going to be about Martinez?

I don’t think the AZ PCR team has yet to determine if the killer has valid legal grounds for a PCR. JA’s attorneys filed her brief on 7/13/21. I believe now the PCR team will read and respond to the killer’s brief to either reject her claim or grant the PCR.

I am hoping her brief gets rejected. Then she is done with state paid appeals. She’ll have to dip into that Appellate fund big time. I believe they have $110K (so they say). I think she probably couldn’t afford to pursue her case against Nurmi as it would take a considerable amount of cash to fund it. I reckon the Clark firm feels she won’t be able to pay their fees from the appellate fund thus they may not get paid for Nurmi’s lawsuit (if she loses) as it’s not a slam dunk case. That or they have finally met the *real*JA, & have seen for themselves what a crazy manipulative woman she is and want to sever ties with her.

Even if she found an private attorney to represent her $110K is chump change. She’ll need a lot more money than she has. If the State of AZ already spent $3 million on her case it’s not likely she’ll ever be able to pay privately what they paid for Nurmi & Willmott. No attorney would take her case pro bono (unless the attorney is a retired philanthropist with time & money to spare & easily swayed by female wiles) or she gets an attorney like Casey Anthony had (not Baez) Mr Cheney. He let Casey live in his home for awhile. Ewwww.

Last edited:
Thanks for the date on the brief @salberg7 - still keeping "notes" on her case....

Yes me as well- even I can’t figure out why I still follow this case. I think it’s because I just can’t believe a human being can lie so easily & with no remorse. JA thought she was the smartest one in the room as well but her facade fell apart on the witness stand. She only made herself look very bad with her snippy answers and her *smarter than everyone else* vibe. Juan knocked her down to size while exposing all of her lies.

Yes me as well- even I can’t figure out why I still follow this case. I think it’s because I just can’t believe a human being can lie so easily & with no remorse. JA thought she was the smartest one in the room as well but her facade fell apart on the witness stand. She only made herself look very bad with her snippy answers and her *smarter than everyone else* vibe. Juan knocked her down to size while exposing all of her lies.

Yes, I agree Juan did knock her down to size - I loved watching that! :) And now she sits in an Arizona prison.... for life....

That guy who runs the case review FB page is definitely strange. Clemency Board? Really? There is no chance in hell she’ll get a pardon. He trashes Travis in literally every post and repeats the same old information. His other page is some financial page. To me that guy is a lonely person with too much time on his hands.

There is another new FB page dedicated to JA’s innocence run by another freak, a European guy from France. That page is full of JA sycophants, many of them European. It appears they all think she defended herself from Travis’ “abuse”. That group is not a good discussion group. If one posts against their theory of self defense the poster gets called out on being not as smart as the admin is- which he tells everyone in every post.
You’ll get nothing but Word salad, long, “copy & pasted” standard responses from both of those gentlemen should anyone offer a different opinion. I do admit I review both pages but never respond. It’s not worth it - like beating a dead horse. They’ll never change their minds.
'Beating a dead horse' is such a cruel phrase, I wish people wouldn't use it

Anyone know how the civil case she filed against Kirk Nurmi is going, or is it settled? Hope she lost/loses, seems to me she has too much time on her hands and plots what she can do next to gain attention or hurt someone, the woman is a waste of space.

Anyone know how the civil case she filed against Kirk Nurmi is going, or is it settled? Hope she lost/loses, seems to me she has too much time on her hands and plots what she can do next to gain attention or hurt someone, the woman is a waste of space.

JA dismissed that case. Some think she did this as it may affect her PCR (I think her PCR will focus on ineffective counsel jmho).

'Beating a dead horse' is such a cruel phrase, I wish people wouldn't use it
On the old Websleuth forum there was actually an emoji for that. There were lots of emojis , I miss those as they added personality, and an emotional emphasis that’s otherwise missing in typed messages like this.
I never thought of that particular one as being cruel because it’s such an old expression, and is used without giving it any thought. But you’re actually right.

I don’t think the AZ PCR team has yet to determine if the killer has valid legal grounds for a PCR. JA’s attorneys filed her brief on 7/13/21. I believe now the PCR team will read and respond to the killer’s brief to either reject her claim or grant the PCR.

I am hoping her brief gets rejected. Then she is done with state paid appeals. She’ll have to dip into that Appellate fund big time. I believe they have $110K (so they say). I think she probably couldn’t afford to pursue her case against Nurmi as it would take a considerable amount of cash to fund it. I reckon the Clark firm feels she won’t be able to pay their fees from the appellate fund thus they may not get paid for Nurmi’s lawsuit (if she loses) as it’s not a slam dunk case. That or they have finally met the *real*JA, & have seen for themselves what a crazy manipulative woman she is and want to sever ties with her.

Even if she found an private attorney to represent her $110K is chump change. She’ll need a lot more money than she has. If the State of AZ already spent $3 million on her case it’s not likely she’ll ever be able to pay privately what they paid for Nurmi & Willmott. No attorney would take her case pro bono (unless the attorney is a retired philanthropist with time & money to spare & easily swayed by female wiles) or she gets an attorney like Casey Anthony had (not Baez) Mr Cheney. He let Casey live in his home for awhile. Ewwww.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back