Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could watch Juan Martinez for hours on end. He was absolutely masterful in taking down Jodi. I adore him for how he not only got justice for Travis, he also restored Travis' good name.

Yet, in the most basic of Google searches, I came across this:

\http://cases.nationalcdp.org/juan-martinez/

I have a hard time reconciling the very negative feelings about him with what I saw and heard...

How refreshing to read an article that doesn't resort to childish digs at someone's height ("tiny" Juan) or hyperbole (Mr. Alexander's camera smashed to the floor by the prosecutor). If this group actually writes such an article I might enjoy reading it....

Seems like most of these 'charges' levelled against JM are actually issues the judge in each case should have handled. And alleging 'prosecutorial misconduct' is not as rare as this author makes out, at least not in high profile cases. I looked into the 'Hitler' charge and found minute entries on it, if this writer had typed it verbatim it wasn't as egregious as it sounds (as far as I recall now, I traced it back to the origin about 2 years ago and linked the minute entries here). I do have a problem with this person calling JM 'The noted sociopath" though.

BBM I agree alleging prosecutorial misconduct is not rare, especially in this particular case. The first step is the allegation. This DT was successful in that portion of the equation, however, the second step is presenting sufficient evidence to prove the allegation. This DT? Not so successful with the second step of the equation. Hmm... a criminal indictment is similar in that it contains the exact same two steps. You would think this organization would admire and appreciate JM - he successfully completed the equation, repeatedly according to this article.

Dear Predator ~ classy username by the way

We are Team Travis and we have been VICTORIOUS in our quest for making sure that there was
Justice for Travis

Never question it

Never doubt it

Team Travis # winning won

IIRC, OJ relocated to Florida, a state where he could keep most of his property. Florida is more liberal in favor of debtors, I understand.

Arias cannot relocate. Not that she will pay what she is ordered, either way. But I don't see the verdict of the WD suit against her being in the millions. She doesn't have the assets OJ had, but even if she had the potential to accumulate assets I don't see much happening to enforce any WD award. I hope I am wrong on that. I really want to be wrong on that.

There are some other factors going in OJ's case. He was acquitted of the murder. He had a significant life outside of jail/prison that his money was useful for. Even now, he is not LWOP, so his lifestyle can benefit from money in the bank.

JA's lifestyle has no way to benefit from money in the bank. The moment money goes into her prison trust account, the relevant portion will automatically be taken out and turned over to the Alexanders. And the percentage that will be taken out, AFAIK, is at least 50%. The money in her trust account can come from her work cleaning toilets or from her minions: it doesn't matter. It is the only money she has access to. Whatever goes in there (and commissary items can only be purchased from this account, also medical co-pays, prison uniforms, underwear.....) is up for grabs. The only other goodies Jodi can get are from a limited periodic SecurePak care package or an occasional food visit.

Jodi can never receive social security. She doesn't own a house (which can often be protected from court proceedings). Any money that was hooked into her parents' accounts already last year belongs to the bankruptcy court (a little tip off to the attorney for the creditors is all it would take to get the state right on this). Any money that heads in Jodi's direction will be seized, and she will have no resources to defend herself in a case like this. As it is, how is she gonna come up with an attorney ($$$$) for the Alexanders' civil suit? Which the As are 100% gonna win? Or else she's a no-show and no holds will be barred. Let's see how the minions donate for this cause!

Zapping Jodi's commissary fund is going to be much more impactful for Jodi's lifestyle than zapping whatever diddlysquat "fund" she has. And it will be zapped her whole life.

And, just so everyone knows what relying on a Securepak for sustenance entails, here is the shopping list:
https://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/index.html?ProgramID=64&FacilityID=&process=shopnow
Then click "Download shopping form".

Bwahahaha! Half the items have jalapeños! Indigestion in every treat! Barf! Even the Velveeta has jalapeños! Can you imagine?.

For anyone who is interested, tomorrow oral arguments on merits are scheduled in the death penalty omnibus case (seeking to have the death penalty rules in AZ declared unconstitutional) that Nurmi had JA included in, here's an article from last month's hearing (sorry about the author but good information):

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-seeking-death-penalty-under-review/26349753/

IIRC, Jodi was removed as a plaintiff in the omnibus case, since she is LWOP.

BBM Mr.Searcy probably did not enjoy his time on the stand, but I'm not overly worried about him in particular. Mr. Searcy did not ask to be introduced to CMJA, but it appears from his own testimony in a subsequent hearing that Mr. Searcy repeatedly telephoned the prosecutor and otherwise attempted to insert himself into the case. IMHO he appeared jealous and insulted that Abe was being "flown in" to speak with the prosecutor, while his own telephone messages went unanswered. I'm sure the prosecutor's office did their homework on anyone they intended to telephone. I don't disagree with your post, but I also don't feel particularly worried about Mr. Searcy and I don't feel he was particularly manipulated by CMJA, it felt more mutual to me.

Searcy was very disrespectful on the stand. And yes, he repeatedly included a manipulative nymphomaniac in his life. This was entirely voluntary on his part. Abe had the foresight to tell Jodi to get lost when he perceived her for what she is. I'll bet Searcy's issue was that he expected better treatment than Abe because he was higher up the PPL totem pole. And secondarily he was stupid in consorting with Jodi. Whatever.

JM tended to like putting up witnesses who were dignified and respectful, no matter what their stature in life (the Walmart gal and the Tesoro administrator were examples). Searcy was not a reliable witness.

Searcy was very disrespectful on the stand. And yes, he repeatedly included a manipulative nymphomaniac in his life. This was entirely voluntary on his part. Abe had the foresight to tell Jodi to get lost when he perceived her for what she is. I'll bet Searcy's issue was that he expected better treatment than Abe because he was higher up the PPL totem pole. And secondarily he was stupid in consorting with Jodi. Whatever.

JM tended to like putting up witnesses who were dignified and respectful, no matter what their stature in life (the Walmart gal and the Tesoro administrator were examples). Searcy was not a reliable witness.
For your entertainment, here's a clip of Searcy on Judge Judy. He took furniture from his daughter and she sued him to get it back. Of course, he acted like he was the victim. :facepalm: His daughter is smart and seems nice, so she must take after her mother. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ehd7zVwvQ

I am sorry guys for putting you at your wits' end with my comments... I know I may have come on too strong (I may have took a page from Juan's book there).

It's the strength of your arguments that is in question, not your passion in stating them. ;)

I remember Searcy this way, too - he seemed to want to be there, whatever his reasons were. I think Abe was just called on the phone in the evidentiary hearing first time around, but maybe Gus did feel he was more important.
I agree that JM tended to call witnesses that were dignified, respectful and who tried to answer the questions they were asked to the best of their ability - by either side.
I think that's a result JM calling witnesses who he felt had relevant knowledge, and it showed in their testimony.
I don't think he felt Gus Searcy had anything relevant to add, and he really didn't - he said he gave her a phone - which no one disputed - He didn't remember when, where, or even in what city they'd met, just that CMJA always wore high collared business attire at every meeting, and a turtleneck in Vegas.

I don't think I've ever seen a photo of her in business attire - has anyone seen one? I've seen her in a gown, and sweaters or *advertiser censored* with jeans, even a turtleneck (in the snow, not vegas), but can't recall anything business-like., whereas the PPL men seemed to be in suits or similar clothes - anyone see her in anything 'businessy'?

I get searcy and samuels confused. I always have to return to Google to refresh my memory of those two :/

ETA: it's their physical appearances only. I know Samuels is the dr., but the visuals....

I get searcy and samuels confused. I always have to return to Google to refresh my memory of those two :/

I often confuse them too, but comparing Searcy on Judge Judy and last year at trial...eek, what a difference a year made.

Watched some more PPL videos. In this one, TA tells a story about his father and his grandparents and Jesus. @1:03. @1:09 he mentions his sister who thinks he is a scam artist but asks to borrow money. Tacky IMO. Talked smack about his family to somehow tie his story into buying PPL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDiJA09iK7Q

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It was a funny story from when he was 11. Things change
Siblings tease each other. Travis loved his family. Good speakers use illustrations from their lives in their presentations IMO

It's the strength of your arguments that is in question, not your passion in stating them. ;)

Regarding the passage you quoted, Geevee, and not your statement:

Delusional: JM's English—both written and spoken—is impeccable and sophisticated. He is not remotely predatory.

After reading the blog post ^^^^ regarding the appeals process for an LWOP convict in AZ, as well as the process for attaching Jodi's "funds" for the benefit of her victim's family, the mom and aunt twins—Sandy and Sue—will be easy pickings for charges by LE. MDLR should be, too. All 3 have overtly and loudly managed funds for Jodi in an attempt to keep them hidden from LE and the Alexanders. Those 3 will get cherry-picked for law violations, money laundering, conspiracy.... ez pz. Right off the bat.

Sandy was also involved in concealing funds on Jodi's behalf while going through a bankruptcy. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998