Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was only a Notice of Appeal that has been filed. Those are usually filed this soon and by the trial attorney (apparently, JW). But that doesn't mean that is the attorney (JW) who will file the actual appeal and does not mean an actual appeal has been filed.

I have seen this Notice of Appeals in other cases and in those cases the actual appeal was filed at a later date. Just wondering if this case is not a similar situation.

BBM: Yes -- the Notice of Appeal is filed in the Trial Court by the Trial Attorney. And we know that Nurmi has "jumped ship" -- lol -- so Wilmott is stuck filing all the appropriate paperwork with the trial court.

And you only have so many days to file this Notice of Appeal with the Trial Court -- not sure how many days in Arizona.

Also, the Trial Court has to get the Transcript prepared for the Appellate Court, then send the Transcript to the App Court, etc.

Not sure of Arizona's process, but I know how it works here in Louisiana :wink:

:gaah: What a nightmare for the person who will have to work on this appeal ... days and days of testimony by the :jail: ... and days and days of testimony about "*advertiser censored*" and "pedo" and BS, BS and more BS :gaah: !

:seeya:

Nominated this post for post of the day.

Didn't win but got honorable mention. :cheers:

Originally Posted by LinasK View Post

That blog is Sandra Webber's, one of Jodi's biggest supporters and an idiot. Just one of her little gems: "Jodi offered to go to prison immediately". Hah, Jodi didn't offer, she had no choice in the matter- it was ordered and she was hauled off immediately!!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...the-Day-5-2-Ausgirl-shout-out-to-Stillwatersc

:congrats::congrats::congrats: LinasK !

I actually have not commented since 281129 got sentenced and shipped off to PV. I was absolutely thrilled when that happened. LWOP will sink in eventually. She still has hopes of a successful appeal right now. That just will not happen, IMO.

So, 281129 OFFERED to go to prison immediately in the beginning? Who does she think she is? Another thing that has chapped me is that she talked about how she offered to settle, but the Alexander's would have none of it. Again; just who the h3ll does she think she is? Why should she even have a right to settle for anything less than what she is charged with? Juan was seeking the death penalty but she was willing to settle for less than he was asking for?? Why does she even think that would be magnanimous of her???? Oh yes, she wanted to spare Travis' family the horror of the trial(s). The horror of these trials was dreamed up by her lies as if the actual slaying of Travis was not bad enough!

I sincerely hope 281129 spends every day of the rest of her life in sheer, unadulterated misery and fear. Yet, even so, she will never feel the ultimate misery and fear Travis knew when he realized this deviate monster was just not going to stop until he was dead.

I am literally shaking with anger even though I have waited this long to comment. I will always feel this extreme, scathing anger and wrath for 281129 whenever I happen to think of her.

Today, and one day at a time, I am going to try to think of Travis and the love and caring he had shown for everyone around him. Travis was a grown man, but I do not think he really believed the extreme evil that 281129 is truly existed. He called her evil but had no idea the length she would really go to.

GB the siblings and friends of Travis' who truly loved him and may they be able to finally grieve cleanly without 251129 interfering with it.

Thanks, all. I had to have one final rant!

I'm done now.

BBM:

:seeya: Nice to hear from ya !

:cheers:

The notice was filed a few days ago, but this one is about JSS appointing counsel from the Public Defender's office - b/c she's claiming indigent status. Don't know if this covers any other appeal, but the Rule 32 notation relates to Post Conviction Relief appeal.

How can she be indigent if she has $53,000 in her appeal trust fund?

How can she be indigent if she has $53,000 in her appeal trust fund?

Yes, someone explain that one to ALL of us. I sure hope the IRS is looking into this, the Alexander Family Lawyers too....and anyone else!

Is it just my computer or did this forum change? There is no more Thanks button, no post numbers and the colours make everything look so busy and it's hard to read.

Is it just my computer or did this forum change? There is no more Thanks button, no post numbers and the colours make everything look so busy and it's hard to read.

it's your computer-or your settings here. Mine is the came as ever-with the blank area on the right.(where the ads go)

Might be the browser you are using. When I tried Chrome the other day, I couldn't use any of the thanks or reply links, so I switched back to Firefox.

But that doesn't mean her appeal will be successful or that 281129 will have her conviction overturned. Right?

More likely it means it won't be successful in getting anything overturned. A public defender is going to put into this effort everything the law requires and probably no more. A high-priced private attorney, on the other hand, will dig and dig through every page of trial transcript looking for something, for as long as the money comes in. That's why Sandy A. was on youtube saying they need money for appeals--to get a private attorney.

IOW, if this appeal goes through on the state's dime it will probably not do a whole heck of a lot for the killer. The big question, imo, is how many appeals does a convict get? One? Two? A hundred? I mean, I know one is paid for by the state and they don't get more if they can't pay out of pocket but, if they can, is it limited by time frame or by number of appeals? I am asking because I don't know how it works in AZ so if anyone knows, I'd appreciate some input. TY.

I complained about,JSS allowing so much leeway during both trials. Now,I think she did it purposely to make sure there are no grounds for an appeal. JMO

The notice was filed a few days ago, but this one is about JSS appointing counsel from the Public Defender's office - b/c she's claiming indigent status. Don't know if this covers any other appeal, but the Rule 32 notation relates to Post Conviction Relief appeal.

I think that filing (post conviction relief) is a formality. I think it is a required step before moving up the appeals process.

Again I have to say I know nothing of AZ procedures so if I misspeak, I appreciate having someone say so.

I complained about,JSS allowing so much leeway during both trials. Now,I think she did it purposely to make sure there are no grounds for an appeal. JMO

Yes, JSS wanted to avoid appeal issues. Most judges want to avoid appeal issues and rule accordingly. However, JSS went overboard--way above and beyond what was necessary to avoid appeal issues. Examples are her stomping on the Constitution and allowing the killer to testify in secret and banning the media from the courtroom. And then there were the many, many sidebars, even when no jurors were present. I can see being careful what the jury hears and she had no way to know in advance what the DT might say but going to sidebar when the jury is not even in the room was a bit much.

All IMO.

But that doesn't mean her appeal will be successful or that 281129 will have her conviction overturned. Right?

Doesn't matter who the appeal lawyer is-JSS was so thorough in bending over backwards for Jodi in the penalty phase that I think she's got a snowball's chance in h*ll of successfully appealing/overturning her conviction. They're not going to vacate her conviction and set her free when she has confessed her guilt and the evidence backs it up! This was no false confession, lack of evidence, SODDI case.

Bingo! That's exactly why I continued to support JSS. I saw that that's what she was doing. My only beef is that she allowed Juror #17 to remain on the jury.

Might be the browser you are using. When I tried Chrome the other day, I couldn't use any of the thanks or reply links, so I switched back to Firefox.

I don't know what I did wrong but I clicked on a tab at the bottom that said "full site" and now everything is back to normal. All is good. Thank you.

I hope her state financed appeals happen quickly. I also hope that all of the monies raised for her are found to be hers and must be used for restitution. Leaving her broke. I want her to have many years of knowing all of her appeals are done. Taking away any hope of her ever getting out of PV. I think as long as she has hope of an appeal, she believes she will win it. It is in her personality IMO. Only when the appeals process is over and there is no hope of ever getting out will true suffering happen for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb