Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just shows how nuts and evil she really is. What a treacherous, vile .

Transcription of Arias' email to Travis on June 7, 2008 - 3 days after she killed him:

"Hey You…

I haven’t heard back from you. I hope you’re not still upset that I didn’t come to see you, I just didn’t have enough time off. It’s ok, sweetie, you’re going to be here in less than two weeks – we’re going to see the sights, check things off “The List,” and all kinds of fun things. Oregon is BEAUTIFUL this time of the year. Yaaay!..... be happy!

Anyway I wanted to let you know that I’m thinking about pushing my visit up to next week, but it depends on my budget, so I’m not for sure yet. I know you’ll be in Cancun, but I’ll probably crash at your house in your cozy bed anyway… eat some of your oatmeal and frozen dinners you know, the usual – jk I know you said the door is always open, but I wanted to give you a heads up. If for any reason that won’t work, let me know and I’ll make arrangements. Your house has always been my second home, although it’s a bit more lonely without Naps around. You’re probably in California right now, but wherever you are, get a hold of me, at least before you get to Mexico.

Thanks hon, -Jodi "

I remember this.. yes, wow.

I'd like to think if Travis was here today (aside from one's own spiritual beliefs), he would NOT pity her at this point. He'd be sooo done with 'Gary Stu's' concept of 'forgiveness' (because, let's face it, she is a hideous sight both inside and out, she doesn't have her makeup to conceal it anymore).

She has hurt his family, and will continue to cause someone mental harm till the day she croaks (and I'd say due to stress on the brain alone, this amounts to physical harm).

Anyway, what I'm saying is, that I am CERTAIN the man has astrally puked :puke: by now, and possibly started with this tripe. I bet she knows that too. Ha ha, :censored:!

This is just my interpretation, but Jodi and Travis had a escalate/blowup/de-escalate/back-to-talking type of cycle. His texts with Jodi after May 26th seem to indicate to me that he was de-escalating. Not necessarily back in the talking pattern, but he was relating to her. For example, letting her know he was in the middle of something and would call in a minute is a lot nicer than "No, put it on the voicemail. I don't want to talk to you."

I think, just my opinion, his main problem with Jodi that got him killed was that he would get mad, have it out, and let it go. She held onto her anger. You can tell by all the details she knows of every single argument. If Travis couldn't prove something, he'd keep talking to her. For example, he couldn't prove her tire-slashing. He even said--to my shock and disbelief--that the tire-slasher was still out there--as if she was an unknown person. I think he said that to Elyse after Jod left town in April. when he told Elyse that, it really made me see how much Travis wanted to believe in Jodi.

He'd say extreme things to Jodi. He might not have meant them but for in the moment, but Jodi held onto those things. He might have learned it from watching unhealthy relationships growing up. For example, seeing his parents yell at each other but then keep staying together or taking each other back despite the bad things they might have done to each other, confusing him about knowing when to let go of a toxic person. Just a guess.

Good points. The thing I'm nor sure about now that I pay attention, though, is how pervasive the escalate-de-escalate pattern is. There really doesn't seem to be that much evidence for it in texts in terms of major escalations. We do hear about some arguments—eg. before Grand Canyon trip— but I don't know about this pattern.

Looking at timeline, reviewed voice mails left for Travis (on Beth Karas site).

Leslie Udy left a VM for T on ( Wednsday night, June 4 ?) after system training, saying the killer was supposed to be there in UT by late afternoon but never showed up.

After that VM there is one unidentified hangup, then the killer's post- murder VM.

What's interesting is that there are NO other (surviving) VM's left on June 3 or 4.

Methinks she erased every last VM from those days - hers, to destroy evidence about what she was actually saying to TA on.her way to kill him, and others, that might have provided clues to what happened on the 4th. JMO.

Leslie Udy left a VM for T on ( Wednsday night, June 4 ?) after system training, saying the killer was supposed to be there in UT by late afternoon but never showed up.

After that VM there is one unidentified hangup, then the killer's post- murder VM.

What's interesting is that there are NO other (surviving) VM's left on June 3 or 4.

Methinks she erased every last VM from those days - hers, to destroy evidence about what she was actually saying to TA on.her way to kill him, and others, that might have provided clues to what happened on the 4th. JMO.

Exactly and wasn't his cell found in the office, behind an oddly closed/locked? door? Also, for such a neat freak freak his office looked pretty messy which indicates to me that either she had spent quite some time in there rifling through his stuff, or the evidence pics were taken after the LE had done their work.

Good points. The thing I'm nor sure about now that I pay attention, though, is how pervasive the escalate-de-escalate pattern is. There really doesn't seem to be that much evidence for it in texts in terms of major escalations. We do hear about some arguments—eg. before Grand Canyon trip— but I don't know about this pattern.

It's been either her words telling us that or the occasional mention from a very unconfrontational TA that was dug up where he apologized for what seems to me to be more than adequate reasons for an argument... heck my sons argue far more with me about stuff than what was presented as evidence as "abuse".

Two adults, especially where one of them doesn't have a clue about personal boundaries irregardless of what "may" have been a booty call relationship, is bound to have disagreements when she is trying to use that relationship to further her ambitions and he's just trying to get out of it.

As for all the talk about their having some kind of bf/gf relationship because of how sex-related their chats were, seriously... join this decade. I sure didn't get any vibe that any of his other chat female friends that engaged in similar sex-related or calling each other "lover" or whatever were pretending he was their one and only, it was just JA that tried to project that status to justify her murdering TA, even though she admitted to not only seeing many other people but was actively engaged in the LD network to find other men during the same time period.

When she says she arrived in Mesa:

Police interrogation: I arrived around 3AM. (day after her arrest)

Letter to his family: I arrived around 4:00am. (Written July 28)

Manifesto: I arrived around 4:30am. ( July-August 2008?)

Left out an important chunk of police interrogation tape (from tapes 15-16,iirc). Will post that shortly.

Here's what's most interesting...

She tells Flores that WHEN SHE ARRIVED Travis had already moved furniture to do the floor cleaning, that dining room chairs were on couch, etc.

According to Enrique, no furniture had been moved the morning of the 4th when he went to work, and as far as he knew the tile cleaner hadn't even been assembled, much less been left out in the middle of the living room.

He noticed the furniture had been moved when he returned home (6-6:30), and thought it odd only when the furniture stayed stacked up on couches etc. for another several days.

Hmm.

Left out an important chunk of police interrogation tape (from tapes 15-16,iirc). Will post that shortly.

She tells Flores that WHEN SHE ARRIVED Travis had already moved furniture to do the floor cleaning, that dining room chairs were on couch, etc.

According to Enrique, no furniture had been moved the morning of the 4th when he went to work, and as far as he knew the tile cleaner hadn't even been assembled, much less been left out in the middle of the living room.

He noticed the furniture had been moved when he returned home (6-6:30), and thought it odd only when the furniture stayed stacked up on couches etc. for another several days.

Hmm.

There was also that bit about possibly going to see John Dixon(San Diego?) and "another" destination on her way to Mesa iirc. Make that 3-4pm and then everything but the sex pics fit.

I hope you all don't mind if I alert a Mod to start another thread... this one is taking very long to upload for me...

THE REST OF THE TAPES--VERY EDITED, WITH COMMENTS

Comment…..the Ninjas didn’t expect her….AND…..

21:09 JA: No, I don’t think that. I think I was an element of surprise for them.
21:14 DF: You were an element of surprise? So they didn’t expect you to be there.
21:17 JA: I am guessing, I don’t think so.
21:19 DF: They didn’t expect you to be there?

Comment: Notice how the question about the ninjas not expecting her to be there takes her right to an incredibly long and detailed explanation about how it was Travis WAS expecting her……

23:52
JA: Umm…I wasn’t planning on going to Travis’ house. I was going to go to Santa Cruz. Well, I wasn’t planning on going to Santa Cruz; I was going to Monterrey, but by that time I called Matt, he was like, “We’re in Santa Cruz, meet us here,” and I said, “Okay.” So I went to the Red Room there, which is just a little kind of hang out for locals and younger kids our age, sort of, 20 somethings and 30 somethings, and I stayed the night in Monterrey that night, got up the next morning and visited with Darryl and his son before he went to school. Umm… drove…this is Tuesday the 3rd, umm…and driving to LA, I hadn’t heard back from Laura yet, but that’s what…It wasn’t until I got to LA where I thought. I was looking at my map and Utah wasn’t really on there but, I mean, Arizona, ‘cause it was to Utah on the Map quest directions I printed. Umm, okay, I just, I just see like……

25:57
JA: One was black, I think they were both black or dark blue or something. It was Anyway, umm it wasn’t until I was in LA and Laura wasn’t getting back to me, and it was already like 9 something and I was like maybe I will just go see Travis briefly. I called Ryan and I said, my phone was about to die and ummm I tried getting a hold of Matt, I got his voice mail. I was going to ask him if my charger was there and he could save it or mail it or something. Umm…so I just, I had a wall charger, I think, and I was just going to charge it later, I guess, when I got somewhere. Anyway, I did call Travis, and I said, “Guess what?” and he said, “What?” and I said, “I’m coming to Arizona tonight,” and there was silence, and then he goes, “Really? and I said, “Yeah” and he said, “What made you change your mind?” and I just said, I just…‘cause I told him I missed him or something, but I would have said because you are too compelling, but like he is too, he’s already got a big enough head about that stuff.

So I showed up, and he was looking at You Tube on his computer, on his laptop, in the office. We watched that for a little while, and he was very happy to see me. Napoleon barked, but he always barks when somebody walks in, but then he was really happy to see me and he gets so excited. He does this thing with his butt where he goes around in circles over and over and over till he realizes, stop going in circles. So it was a good reunion. I told him I was tired. I don’t know what his intentions were or what he thought my intentions were at the time, but I was very exhausted from the trip, and I just said, “I think I’m going to sleep,” and he said, “That’s fine.” I slept pretty well the day before, but I was tired from driving all night, so I slept and he slept and we must have slept until about 1:00.

Comment: remember that Flores has already told her about sex pics and their time stamp of 1:45….

28:23 DF: In the afternoon?
12:24 JA: Yes, it must have been around then, and his roommate was home when I got there. I have never seen his roommate, though, so I must have been asleep by the time he got up and left. Okay, if you don’t believe me, that’s okay.
29:13 DF: Well, continue on with the story, about one o’clock…

29:19
JA: Yes, we had sex a couple of times. Once was in his bed and once was again downstairs in his office. He was looking at some pictures that I had brought for him, but he has a virus on his computer, so when he clicked the Start menu on Windows XP or Windows 2000 or whatever, you have like My Pictures, My Music, My Computer. You can usually click on My Computer and then go into the disc drive and open that. He clicked the Windows and it come up and none of that My Pictures, My Music, none of that would come up, so he had some kind of virus he was dealing with.

His screensaver was a bunch of little bugs eating up the screen. It was just weird, and he said that is from the virus, too. I said, “That’s a cute screensaver,” and he said, “Yeah, it’s my stupid virus.”

For some reason, that was frustrating for both of us, because we couldn’t look at the pictures, and they were from a lot of our church history trips which are on my other external drive which I haven’t been able to access for a long time, since after Christmas, because it just quit, and I just haven’t had the money to spend to get all that stuff back.

30:41 DF: So you guys worked with that for awhile or…
30:44 JA: Yeah, we had three discs, I think.
30:50 DF: So what time is this now you guys are messing with the computer?
30:54 JA: Um…I don’t really remember, it was after we had...
30:59 DF: A couple of hours or so later?

Comment: Lots of detail to note below, including her saying Travis putting up furniture already to clean floors…. and why is she talking about not being able to sit on a couch in the living room if they are in his office trying to see the pics? Starts talking about having to convince him to take pics of shaving, but midway blurs that story of the past with what she says happened on the 4th. (Remember the text she sent him saying she wanted to redo shaving pics??)

31:00
JA: Yeah. Yeah. Maybe, after noon. I just, you know…He had been cleaning his house umm…so I couldn’t…
I wasn’t sitting on the couch. Usually I would just chill on the couch downstairs, you know, if no one was home. Umm…but he had like chairs and all that stuff all over the couch. I think he was cleaning the floors or something,

uhh…fed Napoleon. I don’t know if he made phone calls or not or what he was doing on the internet,
but at one point he was going to go up and take a shower and it took a lot of convincing prior when he was shaving. I was like, I got some ideas, and they didn’t turn out good at all, not like I wanted to, but I thought that I could get some cool pictures of him shaving, ‘cause he does the whole old-fashioned thing with like this little, I don’t know how it works.

Umm…but he liked it though, apparently, because he used it for his profile picture on My Space.
Umm…so those didn’t turn out as good and I was going to do that later but I asked him if I could take pictures of him in the shower, and he’s like, “No.”
I was just like, “I have an idea.” “Well, what do you mean?” I was like, I said, I saw this thing in a Calvin Klein ad once and it looked really good, and you’re right, he wasn’t really comfortable at first. He’s standing there and he says, “I feel gay.” (Laughs)

32:33
JA: So some I deleted and some I kept taking umm…and some he looked really good, I thought. The one that you showed me yesterday looking right at you, I think that is a great picture. He hates it. I don’t know what he hates about that. I think it’s a very good picture of him.

32:51 DF: So you were taking pictures and showing him?
32:54 JA: Yeah. Yeah. His shower door was open. His water pressure in that shower isn’t that great, so it’s not like water was going everywhere. END OF VIDEO #14

Comment: Below is her ninja story, stripped down to what IMO are the kernels of partial truth about what actually happened.

00:18 DF: What happened when the last picture was taken?

00:25 JA: He was kneeling down in the shower. I don’t remember.

01:12 JA: and…I don’t really remember except Travis was screaming. I think I got knocked out, but I don’t think I was out long. I know I got knocked in the head…. he uh… was screaming, and I was by the bathtub, and he was holding his head, and…

01:57
JA: Umm…I remember putting my hand on his back, because he was on all four of his knees. He was like
(Jodi gets up, moves to the floor on all fours, positioning herself and demonstrating what position Travis was in as she describes this to DF)

02:11 JA: …on his knees like this doing something like this or something like, I don’t know…and

03:13
JA: Umm…(…..)and Travis was screaming the whole time. He wasn’t screaming like a girl. He was just like… like he was in pain… like he was like shocked, like “Ahhhh,” you know. He wasn’t really moving though, you know, he was just kind of staying still on the floor.

04:00 JA: The girl was in the hallway, kind of. Um…and the guy was more toward in the bedroom, but like still in the bathroom, like on the tile carpet area right there where it starts.

04:48 (Jodi crying) I chickened out like a little bytch.

05:06 JA: Travis. Umm…he was…umm… he was still like conscious and still alive.

05:18 JA: No, I ran into the closet, because there are two doors, and they were sort of in the hallway already,

JA: …….. and I didn’t have my stupid phone because it wasn’t charged, and Travis’ phone is downstairs and I didn’t know… His roommates I didn’t think were home at the time.

There’s no way out except downstairs. His windows are…they’re two stories for one, and they’re just, they were hard to get to. He had stuff – here and stuff here and blinds and screens and window coverings and I mean… from the outside… and I just…

((Comment: is she talking about how to crawl in a window from outside?)

08:13 JA: Travis was bleeding everywhere.
08:18 DF: What was she doing to him, because he had been shot at this time, right?
08:24 JA: Yeah, but he was still alive.
08:27 JA: He was conscious even, like…

08:29 DF: Still talking…

08:31 JA: Oh, he wasn’t talking or saying much, but I could tell he was breathing. He seemed like he was breathing calmly, I think, he wasn’t like…He was just there. I can’t really remember. It was such a blur.

09:08 DF: Did she have any weapons on her at all?

09:31 JA:……., he was screaming, and I saw her at this point, like right here, and walking. She must have been walking back this way, and I saw him sort of following, and that’s when he was like, “Finish.”

10:13
JA: Um…I got Travis, and he wasn’t like standing up really. He wasn’t really doing much, and he was… I was trying to get him… and she came back. I got him kind of far, like right here. She came back and uh…He was just… He was starting to just get weaker and weaker….
11:50 DF: How was she going to get you? Did she have a weapon?

11:52 JA: She had a knife.
11:54 DF: Okay.
11:58 DF: You said she had a gun before.
13:21 DF: So it seemed like they knew him, obviously.

13:24 JA: Yeah, but he didn’t seem to know them. I mean he was a little out of it…….
(Comment- reminds me why I wanted her to get the DP).

13:35 DF: Well, he couldn’t talk.

13:38 JA: He was able to say, “Go get help,” and at one point he said, “Go to my neighbor’s house.” “Go to my neighbor’s house.” There was just like…there was just no way out of …

13:53 DF: Did you see them hurt him any more?
13:57 JA: Umm…
13:59 DF: Other than a gunshot?
14:04 JA: Um…she had a knife and I don’t know. He was bleeding everywhere. It was like… when she rushed me afterward, or she came back, I rushed her but she kind of came back at me. Umm…

15:01JA: ………I just knew I had to hold onto her hands because she had a knife.

15:08 DF: What hand did she have it in?
15:10 JA: She…she had it in this hand, but well, her right, so…
15:12 DF: Her right?
15:28 DF: So you didn’t see her hurt him anymore. He was just bleeding. Where did he end up?
15:35 JA: He um… When I tried getting him here, he said, “Go get help. Umm I felt stupid already for trying to run this way. I was going to go to a phone, and he was like, “Come on” “Come on”. You know he was naked but I didn’t care. Just Come on. And he was like, I can’t. I said, Come on, and he said, I can’t feel my legs.

16:22 DF: Were you clothed at that time or were you also nude?
16:26 JA: Yeah, I was clothed.
16:50 DF: Okay. So what happened after that?

17:09 JA: …… and I was calling his name and they were like, “Shut the hell up,” Umm and I was just…I don’t know if I was crying. It was all just like… It was so weird.

Umm… he pulled out my wallet and he just took some cash. Umm I had though my cash stashed in the jeans I had worn, like a good chunk of it, like 80 bucks, stashed in four twenties in the back of my jean pockets which were in my backpack ummm but I had some cash in here, not all of it though. So he took that, though and um…

Comment: She’s remembering stealing his money, imo.

18:25 DF: What was she doing?

18:43 JA: ……..that was just. I was sitting, and I was just like…I didn’t know what to say. Do you beg for your life? ….I’m powerless, because I don’t have any way to stop them. They were just more powerful….

Comment: Sickening. She’s thinking of Travis sitting in the shower, powerless, and mocking his story of a gun at his head, when he said to his audience exactly that- do you beg for your life?

19:17 JA: She’s like, it wasn’t like super yelling. It was kind of like hushed, but intense like “You need to da da da da da,” and “Shut up! “

Comment- she’s referring to herself, stabbing Travis and cursing him, kicking him, telling him to shut up….

21:30 JA: He said, “Leave now,” and part of me didn’t want to leave. Travis wasn’t… was still alive. He was still... I could…He wasn’t moving a lot, but he was still alive. I could see that he was still…

21:50 DF: did you leave at that point?
21:52 JA: Umm…I left the room
21:54 DF: Where did you go?

21:55 JA: I went downstairs, but I didn’t have all my clothes.

22:06 DF: What did you leave there?

22:07 JA: Well, Travis said I had some stuff there. I didn’t see what it was. He said it was in his closet. He said there were clothes of mine, but all I had was my purse and my backpack. I left those and I went outside.

23:49 JA: No, it doesn’t. I was wondering if they took my stuff to make it look that way, and they told me to leave, and, you know, umm…Travis usually keeps his cash in his wallet.

24:09
DF: Did you get hurt at all? You said you were fighting with her. JA: Yeah. DF: What happened to you? JA: Umm…she cut me. DF: Where at? JA: My hand. DF: Let me see. Where at? Can you show me?
JA: (Gestures with her left hand) You actually can’t see it. If you look at… my finger isn’t the same, though. I was… DF: Let me see. Where did it get cut? JA: It was…Conveniently it was right on the crease. DF: Right there on the crease? DF: So it was sliced there. Just a small one or was it pretty deep? JA: Umm…I don’t know how deep it was but my finger hurt for a long … for awhile. DF: Okay, so like right in that crease that you… across both of them? JA: Uhh…not my middle finger, I mean it cut this one a little but not as much. This is where it really went in. DF: So it cut pretty deep then?

26:03 DF: Did you see any other cars in the driveway or on the street?
26:06 JA: Umm…
26:07 DF: Any vehicle descriptions you can give us?
JA: Uhh… no. No, not that I…Not that I…I don’t think his roommates were home.

26:50 DF: This does not make any sense -- does not make any sense!
26:58 JA: It’s all I know.
27:04 DF: Nothing changes for me.
27:09 JA: I didn’t think it would.

29:08
DF: I was hoping that you were going to be completely truthful to me today. Obviously, that’s not the case. I know you were there. I know you had some situation going on with him that got out of control, and that cut that you’re showing me there, that’s pretty obvious how that happened. I’ve seen that before. That happens when the knife slips through someone’s hand because of blood. It’s slippery, and it cuts. That’s what happens. I’ve done this for a long time, and this is the most far fetched story I’ve ever heard, and it’s not going to help you. Is that how you want to leave this?

30:45 JA: I was there that day but I didn’t take Travis’ life. END OF VIDEO #15

05:48 JA: Okay. I’m just… If I had planned to hurt him in any way, I, you know, I am not the brightest person, but I… I don’t think I could stab him. I think I would have to shoot him continuously until he was dead, if that were my intention. Again, and I would bring up the gloves again, but I would have to wear gloves. I mean I am not too worried about prints, because they are all over anyway, but I would never stab him. If, if, if I had it anywhere in me to kill him, the least I could have done was to make it as humane as possible, or quick, or something, you know, if any killing is humane, so to speak. I don’t mean it that way…I would just...like, he was still alive...

06:48 DF: Yes. Yes, he was. He was alive for awhile, and I knew that he had been shot first, and he was still alive and possibly tried to get away, maybe even tried to fight back.
06:59 JA: I think he was in shock.
07:01 DF: But you didn’t see him fight back or anything did you? He just kind of collapsed there and....
07:07 JA: No, he was here …..right outside of the shower...
07:10 DF: And then he…You pulled him this way and you tried to get away with him, but then he couldn’t go any further.
07:16 JA: He said he couldn’t move. He said he couldn’t feel his legs.
07:19 DF: And that was the last place you saw him. You said that he stopped and he kind of collapsed right there. She was standing there and he was over here, and it just doesn’t make any sense.

JA: He was still like able to move his…like, he was all…I guess he was all conscious up here sort of still. He wasn’t like on his legs or on his knees or on his feet. He wasn’t walking...

07:45 DF: He was crawling.
07:50 JA: Yeah, I’m trying to think how he got over there. He was sort of using his legs, but he wasn’t standing up.
08:06 JA: I don’t remember what time I left, but...

08:57 JA: I know that I didn’t take Travis’ life, and I know that you don’t…

09:00 DF: I know that you did.

09:01 JA: Look, I know you don’t believe me.

09:03 DF: I don’t believe you.
09:31 DF: Okay. Are you ready to go back?

09:39
JA: Umm…yeah, I guess. I’d still like to say something to his family, but I don’t think I have anything that could bring them comfort. ….maybe I could write them a letter. Would they receive it? I don’t mean would they accept it. I mean, if I had the…if it made it to them, would they get it? Do you know? I know their address. I know his grandmother’s address, and at least I could mail it, but I don’t know if that’s something...

10:18 DF:….. You’re absolutely sure you want to leave it like this?

10:25 JA: I don’t know what else to say.

14:52 FO: ……. while we’re waiting, and you’re just kind of sitting here and hanging out, if you want to draft the rough draft to Travis’ grandmother and family, this would be a good chance for you to do that (FO hands JA paper and pen). JA: Well, it will just be just a rough draft.

Later…after sandwich and writing..

FO: You all finished up?
JA: For now, I guess.
JA: For now, I guess. Can I take this or no?
FO: Ah, well, let me see – make sure you’re not sneaking jail secrets out or something.
JA: Okay.
FO reads what Jodi wrote on her paper.
JA: (Unintelligible) paper in there so I can keep writing stuff.
FO: Did you take some paper with you? Where did you put it?
JA: Right here in my pants.
FO: Did you write anything on it?
JA: No, do you want to see it?

FO: Hey, Chris, could you do me a favor and make a copy of that? FO appears to hand Jodi’s letter to Travis’ family to the unidentified detective.

FO returns the folded paper to JA.
JA: Thanks.
FO: Just go ahead and stick it in your pocket, if it will stay there.

LAST- and just because it is so satisfying:

FO: Can you stand up for me?
FO: Put your hands out in front of you.

FO: We don’t use the belly chains very often.

05:52 Unknown detective (UD) enters the room and hands Jodi the paper she was writing a letter to Travis’ grandmother/family on. Jodi folds it and places it in her pocket.

(FO puts belly chains on Jodi. Jodi folds her letter and puts it in her pocket)

06:14 FO: Okay, you’re ready to go.
06:20 FO and JA leave the interrogation room. END OF VIDEO #18

From June 2, ~2 am to June 5:
No voicemail, no text, no email
(no incriminating record)

Then Bamm! on June 6, she texts 'Hey, I need to know when you're going to deposit that check?'
Followed by 'Sorry I couldn't come to see you' email on June 7.
(exonerating record in her sick mind)

Could you please show me where you got that info? I've listened to the testimony so many times and I keep coming back to Det.M. saying that Images #164-169(allthe nude pics) were recovered from the unallocated space.

Edit: Also, that would explain why the time difference if she had been hiding either in the office or in his car in the garage figuring out his camera and finding a card that would work in it while waiting for the coast to be clear/hear him in the shower. Would explain the 1:44 time thing too.

All the 6/4 pictures were in unallocated--including the shower pics and the murder pics. That's what happens to ALL deleted photos and video. I explained up-thread that they sit in unallocated until overwritten. They do not get deleted. He had 97 pictures in allocated.

The camera has two places it puts things. Allocated, which means it has designated that a file should go there, and unallocated. That means it has not assigned that spot to any file yet. a memory card should be 100% unallocated when it's brand new. As a camera takes pictures, it allocates them to the space. for example, it takes 5 pictures, those 5 pictures take up 5% of unallocated space. There is now only 95% of unallocated space left, because 5% has now been assigned somewhere. You deleted on of those photos, it is now 4% allocated, 96% unallocated. Your one photo you deleted just went over into unallocated space. Hope that makes sense.

Older files in unallocated get overwritten first, which is why they lose more of their information than more recently deleted pictures. I'm watching the same testimony you are from the first trial and from the retrial. This is exactly what he said as I outlined above.

He further said that the camera, at the time it takes a picture, makes a thumbnail, makes file information and "embeds" metadata into the file.So imagine that the picture has 4 parts of information with it.

1. Thumbnail that we see in the window viewer of the camera or on a computer preview.
2. file information. (Whatever file information is. I don't know versus metadata. I can guess, but I have no factual answer)
3. Metadata. Might be the same as file info, but it's embedded into the photo, per Melendez.
4. The actual picture.

Once the picture is deleted, the card no longer will show you the the picture is on the card. But it is still there. It moved the picture over to unallocated, which is space that the camera knows it can use to put a new picture or video there.

I think the files deleted unevenly because they took a video after the sex pictures and the video bigger and took up an uneven amount of unallocated space. I believe this is what caused parts of files to be overwritten instead of an entire file.

For example:

Say a picture is 100mb. each part of its file components (pic, thumbnail, file info and metadata) are 25mb each.

5 pictures are taken for a total of 500mb going from unallocated to allocated space. These pictures are all 5 deleted and 500mb goes back to unallocated space. (the pics are not actually gone. The delete is just fyi to from you to the camera, that hey, you can overwrite this space on the memory card now. The camera then hides the file so you can't see it anymore on the stick but it's still there.)

Now a video is taken. the Video is 360mb. So the camera takes overwrites the 5pics in the above example, but leaves 140mb of their information behind. That could be a thumbnail, metadata, the picture itself, or the file information.

She didn't need to figure out what memory stick to use because his stick was in the camera. that's why she left it at the scene. It belonged to him. So far, I do not see that Jodi took anything from the crime scene that she didn't bring with her--except that check. I believe there were pics of Travis biking on that memory stick that remained in allocated space. I believe I saw the picture of him with his bike. So it was really his memory stick.

I hope this helps. I have no other better way to explain it. But listened to the same thing you did. the issue might be "deleted" doesn't really mean "deleted" to a memory stick. It just means don't show the viewer these files and go ahead and overwrite these files. And when it overwrites, it doesn't overwrite exactly the entire file if it doesn't require that much space. If it just needs 40, then it overwrites 40 and leaves partial information from other files until the next time it overwrites.

Whether we see it or not, the fact is travis told us on the May 25-26 g-chat that it existed. He additionally spoke about it on the call when she said "there are tiimes you've been miserable, and I've like 'raped' you." Talked about her being pretty when she was crying, etc.

Exactly and wasn't his cell found in the office, behind an oddly closed/locked? door? Also, for such a neat freak freak his office looked pretty messy which indicates to me that either she had spent quite some time in there rifling through his stuff, or the evidence pics were taken after the LE had done their work.

Or he's not a neat freak. That's hearsay. Additionally, Per Mimi's testimony, they went into the office first, before even getting Zack. the door was not locked. She said they opened it and looked in there.

Hmm.

Did you get the "when she arrived" directly from the video? Because i recall her saying it was when she came downstairs after sex and her supposed shower.

ETA--I don't know where I got the shower thing from (maybe testimony.) I just went back and listened. She didn't say anything about her and a shower, but she didn't say it was when she arrived the furniture had been like that, either. She said it in a disjunctive way, though, if that's the right term.

Video 14 on David Lohr, around 30 minutes in.

https://youtu.be/7XN5fpDH2p4?t=28m16s

Flores was asking her about after sex. She was talking about looking at CD pics. she talked about the frustrating virus on the computer. Flores tries to ascertain what time this was with the CD's.

EF--so what time is this now, you guys are messing with the computer?
JA--Uh, I can't really remember. It was after every--after we had--done a couple other th--
EF--couple hours--hour or so later?
JA--Yeah, maybe. Afternoon. I (or I'd) just--you know--he had been cleaning his house. Uhm..........so I couldn't--I wasn't sitting on the couch. Usually, I'd just chill on the couch downstairs, you know, if no one was home. Uhm, but he had like chairs and all that stuff all over the couch like he was cleaning the floors or something. Uh, fed napoleon. I don't know if he made phone calls or not or what he was doing on the internet, but at one point, he was gonna go up and take a shower.

So I don't know, because Flores interrupted her, if she backed up or kept going in her timeline. If Enrique did not see chairs all over the furniture at 6am, then it hadn't happened yet. If Zack didn't indicate seeing it at 3pm, then it hadn't happened yet.

I really, really do think the floor cleaner and furniture is significant somehow. It puzzles me as much as where her second Helio is.

After seeing the pictures of his closet, can there be any doubt TA was a neat freak?

We have no idea how that closet got that way or when. We don't know if it's always that way or if he had a recently itch to clean and organize. I'm not assuming anything about it. It's hearsay is all. I also wouldn't say having organization makes you a "freak" about it, either. That has obsessive connotations.

Some don't want to believe the sex photos, but they believe that he's a neat freak based on closet photos. Some believed he was a virgin when he wasn't. And Sky actively talked about him hurrying up with Mimi so he could lose his virginity, either it was in the march or april texts.

I'm not disparaging travis. I think I would have liked him and been his friend. Might have dated him. I'm just saying we have to remember there's the Travis people thought he was and there was who he really was. In my opinion, both sides of him were decent--just not exact. No one is exactly what people portray them to be or think they are.

Or he's not a neat freak. That's hearsay. Additionally, Per Mimi's testimony, they went into the office first, before even getting Zack. the door was not locked. She said they opened it and looked in there.

? Not a neat freak? What are you basing that on? His friends say he was and the photos of his house say he was, and the psychology of why he was so is plain, giving the squalid conditions he was brought up in before rescued by his grandparents.

Did you get the "when she arrived" directly from the video? Because i recall her saying it was when she came downstairs after sex and her supposed shower.

ETA--I don't know where I got the shower thing from (maybe testimony.) I just went back and listened. She didn't say anything about her and a shower, but she didn't say it was when she arrived the furniture had been like that, either. She said it in a disjunctive way, though, if that's the right term.

Video 14 on David Lohr, around 30 minutes in.

https://youtu.be/7XN5fpDH2p4?t=28m16s

Flores was asking her about after sex. She was talking about looking at CD pics. she talked about the frustrating virus on the computer. Flores tries to ascertain what time this was with the CD's.

EF--so what time is this now, you guys are messing with the computer?
JA--Uh, I can't really remember. It was after every--after we had--done a couple other th--
EF--couple hours--hour or so later?
JA--Yeah, maybe. Afternoon. I (or I'd) just--you know--he had been cleaning his house. Uhm..........so I couldn't--I wasn't sitting on the couch. Usually, I'd just chill on the couch downstairs, you know, if no one was home. Uhm, but he had like chairs and all that stuff all over the couch like he was cleaning the floors or something. Uh, fed napoleon. I don't know if he made phone calls or not or what he was doing on the internet, but at one point, he was gonna go up and take a shower.

So I don't know, because Flores interrupted her, if she backed up or kept going in her timeline. If Enrique did not see chairs all over the furniture at 6am, then it hadn't happened yet. If Zack didn't indicate seeing it at 3pm, then it hadn't happened yet.

I really, really do think the floor cleaner and furniture is significant somehow. It puzzles me as much as where her second Helio is.

According to her own timeline, she had to be saying it was when she arrived - which doesn't make it true either.

According to her, they went to sleep at the same time, woke up at the same time, had sex, spent several hours trying to look at pics, then he went and took a shower.

In reality, I think she was trying to remember the scene and explain away pieces of it, including her using the floor cleaner after she murdered him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag