Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little experiment:

What did you do 5 days ago? How about 6 days, or 4 days? Can you remember?

I believe Zac had the wrong day!

I thought Flores told JA that Amanda was on the cruise with her parents and Zach was house sitting while they were all gone? It's hard to put too much credence in what either roommate recalled since both misremembered things (Enrique thought he saw Travis on the conference call on the 4th, one of them thought they'd done laundry after the camera-wash), I felt sorry for Flores trying to piece things together but don't blame them, it is difficult to remember details from days before.

I thought Flores told JA that Amanda was on the cruise with her parents and Zach was house sitting while they were all gone? It's hard to put too much credence in what either roommate recalled since both misremembered things (Enrique thought he saw Travis on the conference call on the 4th, one of them thought they'd done laundry after the camera-wash), I felt sorry for Flores trying to piece things together but don't blame them, it is difficult to remember details from days before.

Zach corrected the laundry thing, said he had done his Wednesday the 4th and had cleaned his room that Saturday.

Marking my spot. Thanks to everyone for continuing to decipher her madness.

There is another explanation, and it fits the timeline. She was in the house when Enrique got home. Maybe she had to leave the carpet cleaner and run upstairs or into the office and wait until he left again.

I don't know what time his wednesday service started, but I can assume 7, so he probably wasn't home but for 30 minutes or so.

Her drive to kingman should have taken 3 hours. Her first calls are what? 1030pm? It gives her an extra hr at the least, 1.5 at the most.

I keep saying I think she texted Jonah during the conference call. His 2nd text to travis is bizarre otherwise.

No computer expert testified to finding a mass deletion of anything on his computer for June 4th. She tried to get rid of stuff on her own computer, and her answer to that was to destroy, or break in whatever way, the hard drive. Just saying, with her bleaching the camera and somehow trying to break her hard drive, this seems to be how she handles things. Makes me wonder that if she wanted anything gone his computer, why she didn't "break it."

It seems that what she'd want gone would be emails, facebook and gmail stuff, and linkedin stuff. What else would be on his computer that mattered to her? LE scoured his computer for *advertiser censored*, etc, so I'm guessing they checked unallocated space and found nothing abnormal such as a mass dumping into unallocated space that day.

The Jonah texts certainly seemed out of nowhere, but I have no idea what the relationship was between him and TA so perhaps not, maybe someone told him they thought TA was already enroute to Cancun and that's why he missed the call. What I found more bizarre was the two texts from N/A11 asking about renting rooms on June 3/4, anyone know who that was from?

Re your comment about "No computer expert testified to finding a mass deletion of anything on his computer for June 4th.", wasn't that exactly what Nurmi was claiming happened at some point and that's why no *advertiser censored* had been found? Iirc he had suggested that TA had "cleaned" his pc so as to cover his tracks, or some such nonsense.

JA wore gloves and socks the whole time she was there. LE did not find her finger prints anywhere. The only time she took one of the gloves off momentarily was when she felt a sharp pain from cut and inadvertently left a palm print.

She wore a pair of long pants too in hot June weather. She covered her body as much as possible as not to leave any evidence of her presence.

So based on how well prepared she came, determined not to leave any prints or DNA, I'm more inclined to believe in no sex that day.

Travis did not know she was coming. She came to kill and killed him most likely in the morning and I believe she had all afternoon to manipulate evidence, including leaving a large shoe print in his bathroom. She probably came with a murder kit.

JA wore gloves and socks the whole time she was there. LE did not find her finger prints anywhere. The only time she took one of the gloves off momentarily was when she felt a sharp pain from cut and inadvertently left a palm print.

She wore a pair of long pants too in hot June weather. She covered her body as much as possible as not to leave any evidence of her presence.

So based on how well prepared she came, determined not to leave any prints or DNA, I'm more inclined to believe in no sex that day.

Travis did not know she was coming. She came to kill and killed him most likely in the morning and I believe she had all afternoon to manipulate evidence, including leaving a large shoe print in his bathroom. She probably came with a murder kit.

I agree she came dressed to kill...pic of her on the day she began her drive to Mesa, wearing a blood-red blouse:

ja6308asm.jpg

and the reflection of the blouse below the base of the shower stall:

53030Full600cut.jpg

Incidentally I think that's the moment the attack began, you can see T's feet in motion on the right (one sole almost facing the camera) even though his arms and knees appear still.

I agree she came dressed to kill...pic of her on the day she began her drive to Mesa, wearing a blood-red blouse:

View attachment 87097

and the reflection of the blouse below the base of the shower stall:

View attachment 87098

Incidentally I think that's the moment the attack began, you can see T's feet in motion on the right (one sole almost facing the camera) even though his arms and knees appear still.

That selfie is so hideous. Why does anyone think she was ever "attractive"?

I never thought to notice the reflection. In fact, if JA wore the red top in the selfie, surely she would normally have got herself a different top instead of wearing the same thing for 18 hours? She probably changed 3 times a day! This is another reason to think she murdered Travis at a time closer to the selfie. Plus, they didn't have sex if she was still wearing that blouse and she'd had a shower: no way she wouldn't have changed.

Yes, she came ready to kill before she left the selfie location....

Is JA in a red top in that photo of her dragging TA?

The Jonah texts certainly seemed out of nowhere, but I have no idea what the relationship was between him and TA so perhaps not, maybe someone told him they thought TA was already enroute to Cancun and that's why he missed the call. What I found more bizarre was the two texts from N/A11 asking about renting rooms on June 3/4, anyone know who that was from?

Re your comment about "No computer expert testified to finding a mass deletion of anything on his computer for June 4th.", wasn't that exactly what Nurmi was claiming happened at some point and that's why no *advertiser censored* had been found? Iirc he had suggested that TA had "cleaned" his pc so as to cover his tracks, or some such nonsense.

Val....those texts about a roommate. Coincidental, eh? I wondered about those too, but haven't double- checked texts for exact words.

My first thought was that it was the killer texting, trying to establish whether or not Travis had a 2 roommates or one, by seeing if that second room was available.

Adding....I agree, Gevee, that Enrique and Zach's recollections are sadly though understandably off, and aren't a great deal of help in nailing down a timeline. :(

I read through the June texts again to see if I could figure out which day Enrique was actually remembering, when he could have seen TA in the morning, been told TA had only slept for 45 minutes, then have been on the phone for a conference call when Enrique came home.

The most likely day is on June 2, Tuesday. Travis had been on the phone with killer from 3-4AM that morning, and did have a stake conference call that evening which ended around 9pm.

Rereading Flores' questions of the killer relating to roommates, IMO he is clearly trying to get a sense of what she could have known about their routines. Short answer is- not much.

Enrique had only lived there for 2 weeks, the same 2 weeks when TA was barely speaking with her. She did know Zach and likely knew where he worked and a general schedule for him. But as both roomies told Flores, there was very little interaction between the roomies and Travis. Zach had lived there since January and had never shared a meal with Travis. That's pretty distant. Distant enough for it to be highly unlikely Travis would know Zach's exact schedule, much less to have communicated it to the killer.

The only (relative) certainty about roommies is that neither saw or heard Travis or the killer that day.

There really was a shoe print there that wasn't accounted for by police? Thought that was just more oddness from her fans.

What a wild (as in totally interesting) thought that she planted it there. If so, guess when it came down to it that mysterious shoeprints didn't fit with one on one self-defense in the bathroom.

The gloves make total sense, and explain why she didn't think to check the wall where she left her palm print, and why she was surprised to hear she'd left one.

As far as not wanting to leave DNA behind so covering herself up with pants etc. I'm not sure how worried she was about that. She told Flores any DNA found there of hers - other than the palmprint- could be readily explained by the "fact" she'd lived there for "months."

Dunno. But I think she braided her hair so it was out of the way, and maybe the long clothes were in part a shield, including from getting too much blood on her?

That selfie is so hideous. Why does anyone think she was ever "attractive"?

I never thought to notice the reflection. In fact, if JA wore the red top in the selfie, surely she would normally have got herself a different top instead of wearing the same thing for 18 hours? She probably changed 3 times a day! This is another reason to think she murdered Travis at a time closer to the selfie. Plus, they didn't have sex if she was still wearing that blouse and she'd had a shower: no way she wouldn't have changed.

Yes, she came ready to kill before she left the selfie location....

Is JA in a red top in that photo of her dragging TA?

You can't see any shirt in the accidental pics, unfortunately, only the pants that may have been black or dark blue. Didn't Nurmi say in his book that JA was known to go days without showering? I don't think it's beyond the pale that she was in the same shirt on the 4th as the day before, since she spent the time since the selfie driving - and I think her story of what happened and when on the 4th is a load of bullcarpery that she fashioned with all of the info she knew/gleaned from his phone and computer.

There really was a shoe print there that wasn't accounted for by police? Thought that was just more oddness from her fans.

What a wild (as in totally interesting) thought that she planted it there. If so, guess when it came down to it that mysterious shoeprints didn't fit with one on one self-defense in the bathroom.

The gloves make total sense, and explain why she didn't think to check the wall where she left her palm print, and why she was surprised to hear she'd left one.

As far as not wanting to leave DNA behind so covering herself up with pants etc. I'm not sure how worried she was about that. She told Flores any DNA found there of hers - other than the palmprint- could be readily explained by the "fact" she'd lived there for "months."

Dunno. But I think she braided her hair so it was out of the way, and maybe the long clothes were in part a shield, including from getting too much blood on her?

Yeah, there is what appears to be a shoe print in the hallway just outside the entrance to the closet:

shoeprint2.jpg

shoeprint3.jpg

Sorry for the graphic nature. I have always thought that after dressing and getting ready to leave she had to step back into the hallway from the closet for some reason and left that print, she more than likely had a towel on the closet floor to step on since no footprints were found on that carpeting and probably why no shoe print either, there's no way she walked across that tile floor and had feet clean enough not to show some prints on that carpeting and she had to have used that closet during cleanup/taking stuff to the washer.

I also think she braided her hair and agree she wasn't worried about leaving DNA since she had been there so frequently. I too think she probably wore gloves, the way she lifted her hands when talking to Flores was eerily the way someone would remember having them on her hands. You can see in the post-Luminol pics that she threw water at the walls so she may have remembered putting her hand on the wall but missed the exact area where the print was.

Texts and (partial) schedule, last week of Travis’ life.

(He’s up for most of the night on May 27, anticipating leaving a VM for Lisa, Lisa calls him on the 28th, he sends last text for the 28th at 10:52pm to Regan, who is telling him he needs to get some sleep.
His first outgoing text on May 29 is at 12:08pm to Brooke. His last 2 texts (going into morning of May 30) are to Brooke (tells her goodnight at 2:15AM), and to Regan (2:38am) asking her to wake him up at 9AM).

May 30, Friday.

Chris Hughes is in Dallas at a PPL Gold/Platinum mtg and sending Travis texts about the meeting from 7:15 AM until 10:08AM. At 10:08 Chris tells Travis to “rally the troops” and to check his email.

10:52am Killer sends her “I have one hour if you need help” text, which seems to be related to absolutely nothing.

First ongoing text of the day at 11:53AM, and on through 12:21pm, Travis is texting with unidentified person who is requesting that he bring something to a woman’s club mtg at 4:30 that afternoon.

12:23pm Killer sends text that she was “way off, call me when you’re done working.”

12:24pm. TA asks her way off on what, she doesn’t reply.

Travis tells Tanisha he woke up for the call, but went back to bed after hearing nothing but music for 5 minutes. Larry Smith call.

Maria asks T what he was doing at 2:30AM, he says thinking of you, she replies- lies! TA tells her he’s going to post a pic of them making out on FB, she says she only has MySpace, put it there.

3:33pm. Killer texts that she missed his call, she’s at work.

Travis goes to the 7PM Temple session.

By midnight on May 30 he has texted with Maria, Brooke, Taylor, Mimi, and on PPL business: Mike B, Tanisha (not his sister), and Chris Hughes.

He texts with Maria again from 12:11 until 2:30AM, when he tells her he will call her in 5 minutes. The texting includes flirting and his posting of a pic which she tells him to take down because it is “too close!!” Last text.

May 31, Saturday.

12:41pm. First ongoing text, asking Taylor to go to lunch.

Chris invites Travis to attend baby blessing circle (June 8) and tells Travis about June 2 (Monday) Moore team call, which will help Travis earn a $3k bonus.

At 2pm TA texts Chris he’ll know in a “few hours” whether or not he’ll be able to go the baby blessing.

Spencer invites Travis to go to the shooting range at 10:30 and tells TA he’ll bring the guns.

Travis texts that he’s “happy as a lark” since he’s spoken with Lisa (on May 28).

Travis asks Dan as well to meet up at “the bird” for lunch (Red Robin) to brain storm.

Has a stake conference mtg that ends at 9PM.

Between 9:01-920pm he texts with Taylor that he has recorded UFC and to come over. Taylor replies -only if you have lined up girls. Travis hasn’t. NO UFC party that night.

10:11pm killer sends her “accidental” text about pic of herself after singing Ntl Anthem. Sky is texting TA at the same time, joking with him about a girl on American Gladiator.

10:21, 10:22, 10:28, Killer texts him about did he get pic.

Maria texts him at 10:29PM. Do you dance. They text until 2:27AM, when Maria says she’s tired. No reply from Travis.

June 1, Sunday

The 2:27am text from Maria is the last text, incoming or outgoing, until 1:02pm (incoming, unidentified) and 4:25 PM (incoming, Maria).

There are 5 unsent ongoing texts from Travis, all at 5:03PM, including one to CL telling her she is being cruel for not responding to him.

The first sent outgoing text Travis sends is at 5:18pm to Brittany, telling her that talking with her had made his day.

6pm. Tells Taylor he is here with them (at a Sunday dinner), takes pics of girls and sends them to Taylor, who is scoping them out and asking TA which is the best choice.

10:41PM. T tells Brittany he’s bought a book for her, they’ve texted on and off during the day about wanting to hang out together.

10:49pm. Killer texts she has something to tell him.

11:17pm. Finishes texting with Brittany.

12:07am-12:25AM texting with Chris Hughes. They are discussing (business-like) differences of opinion about PPL, mostly via email, end by seemingly haven resolved differences, and with each telling each the other-- I love you.

2:06-2:19am. Killer sends nagging texts and poem for him to call her.

2:26am. TA tells killer he’s in the middle of something, will call her “as soon as u can”

June 2, Monday.

3-4AM on phone with killer, who has badgered him into speaking with him via numerous calls and texts, beginning around 11pm.

The first incoming text Travis responds to is Mimi’s, sent at 11:40AM, asking him what he’s up to.

11:41am. Travis replies that he is “just chillin,” asks her what’s up.

She tells him she decided the day before to run for Justice of the Peace. Travis spends virtually all day, until a little after 5pm, texting and posting on FB and making calls to help her round up votes.

Travis has a conference call which is over by 9PM, at which time he texts Michelle that he missed hearing her on the call. This is presumably the Monday call Chris had referred to. Travis typically sent texts before his conference calls, reminding and encouraging his team to be on the call. For whatever reason there are no such texts for this night’s call )never sent, or erased.

9:55pm. Regan initiates texting

11:19pm. Travis responds “OK” to Regan telling him not to tease her.

It’s the last text of the night ( which sure seems very hinky, unless he called her right afterwards. My guess is they texted about the killer, and he told Regan what he and the killer had spoken about earlier that day).

June 3, Tuesday

8:17am N/A 11 texts Travis –“ I’m moving out there, do you have any rooms to rent or know of anyone who does.”

11:57am, first ongoing text, sent to Brooke, who texted him at 11:23am to ask if he wanted to go camping that night.

Spends most of the day texting with Brooke, Elyse, and Regan, chit-chatting, flirting, offering to help Brooke find an office job.

2:02am, last text, to Maria.

June 4

The only outgoing text is to Chris H at 12:13PM.

Interesting note: The 4pm incoming text asking about rooms is from the same caller- N/11, and the words on this second text are 100% identical.

Hope4more... We couldn't hope for any more from you! Your hard work and dedication are astounding. Thank you, from the bottom of this WS's heart. All is pretty clear now.

Flores knew Zach housesat on June 2- he wrote just that in his earlier investigative report. I think he was trying to trip up the killer/figure out a timeline/find out what she knew about his roommates' schedules.

Reviewed, in context: I think Enrique was remembering June 2, and pretty accurately, just one day off. When reinterviewed Zach was one day off with some memories, but clearer about the 4th.

The killer had to have known Zach was there when she arrived, because his rental was parked in the driveway. Enrique didn't have a car and she had no way of knowing he was there, IMO. I think she sent the text on June 3AM about the room to find out if TA had a second roommate yet. Travis didn't reply. She didn't know.

Enrique left at 6AM. If she looked out into the driveway after he left, she knew that Zach - or someone in the house- was still there. Zach was driving a rental car, so it's possible she wasn't even sure if Zach was still TA's roomie or if T had another new roommate.

(For that matter, when she saw an unidentifiable car parked in the driveway, how could she have been sure TA didn't have a GF over for the night? Unless she snooped into his window first, while he was still awake, and saw him alone? Or after he was asleep, looked into his room to make sure he was alone?)

Either way, she couldn't be sure of the unknown roomie's schedule, nor of when Enrique might return. That's a lot of uncertainty for timing a murder....

In any case, Zach did get up and leave in the AM to return his rental car, before returning at 3. So she had to have dodged not one but TWO roommates morning/early afternoon, then Zach no doubt unexpectedly returning from 3-4.

As far as the floor cleaner. It was there when Enrique returned on the 4th, between 6-6:30, the furniture was moved, and the stair bannisters were slick.

Zach says he too noticed the cleaner, furniture moved, and slick bannisters when he returned on the 4th. What isn't clear is if Zach was referring to his first return at 3pm or his return later that evening, after Enrique's return.

----
And that IS that for my own sleuthing of the killer. Can't wait for JM's book to arrive in my mail!!! :)

BBM
Could N/A 11 be Matt or Daryl doing a sweet favor for JA? June 3, 8am (1st text) is when JA is in Monterey area and JA could have asked the culprit to text the same thing one more time on June 4th so as not to seem suspicious.

Maybe the culprit even got the answer from Travis on June 3rd. Who knows. She erased a lot of stuff on June 4th.

Flores knew Zach housesat on June 2- he wrote just that in his earlier investigative report. I think he was trying to trip up the killer/figure out a timeline/find out what she knew about his roommates' schedules.

Reviewed, in context: I think Enrique was remembering June 2, and pretty accurately, just one day off. When reinterviewed Zach was one day off with some memories, but clearer about the 4th.

The killer had to have known Zach was there when she arrived, because his rental was parked in the driveway. Enrique didn't have a car and she had no way of knowing he was there, IMO. I think she sent the text on June 3AM about the room to find out if TA had a second roommate yet. Travis didn't reply. She didn't know.

Enrique left at 6AM. If she looked out into the driveway after he left, she knew that Zach - or someone in the house- was still there. Zach was driving a rental car, so it's possible she wasn't even sure if Zach was still TA's roomie or if T had another new roommate.

(For that matter, when she saw an unidentifiable car parked in the driveway, how could she have been sure TA didn't have a GF over for the night? Unless she snooped into his window first, while he was still awake, and saw him alone? Or after he was asleep, looked into his room to make sure he was alone?)

Either way, she couldn't be sure of the unknown roomie's schedule, nor of when Enrique might return. That's a lot of uncertainty for timing a murder....

In any case, Zach did get up and leave in the AM to return his rental car, before returning at 3. So she had to have dodged not one but TWO roommates morning/early afternoon, then Zach no doubt unexpectedly returning from 3-4.

As far as the floor cleaner. It was there when Enrique returned on the 4th, between 6-6:30, the furniture was moved, and the stair bannisters were slick.

Zach says he too noticed the cleaner, furniture moved, and slick bannisters when he returned on the 4th. What isn't clear is if Zach was referring to his first return at 3pm or his return later that evening, after Enrique's return.

----
And that IS that for my own sleuthing of the killer. Can't wait for JM's book to arrive in my mail!!! :)

Per Flores report,
'Wednesday the 4th, was his day off. He got up and returned the rental car he had been using...... He returned home at about 1500 hours for about an hour before going back to Mandy's house about 1600 hours......'

When I read this, I read as Zach did not stay at Travis' the night of June 3rd and that Zach wasn't there until 3:00 pm with his own car. So JA didn't see any unfamiliar car when she arrived (if she arrived in the morning).

I wish Flores had just asked her what cars she saw when she arrived and had not revealed about any roommate's schedules to her. Then he can catch her with her lies since he knows more from his interviews with Zach and Enrique.

We are left with too many possibilities here.

----

Thanks, I had reposted the timeline pocketaccent had posted(http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-General-Discussion-3&p=12272396#post12272396) with my comments but ended up confusing myself with Det.F's report(http://wildabouttrial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Detective-Flores-Investigation-Report.pdf)... lol, so ended up deleting it. It basically lined up with what you've just said, except that for some reason both Zach and Enrique seemed to have mixed Thursday up with Wednesday since we know JA was in SLA by Thursday. :)

Zach exerpts:
zachreport1.jpgzachreport2.jpgzachreport3and4.jpgzachreport5and6.jpg

-Last text sent by Travis to Maria
2:02 am

-Youtube activity, Daft...
4:08 am
4:11 am
4:15am

-Enrique leaves(Says he talked to TA that morning and that TA said he'd only slept 45 mins and had a conference call for that day.)
6 am

-Chris text to Travis
10:51am

11:30? Zach leaves to return rental and/or pick up gf.

Travis answers to Chris
12:13 pm (done by JA, after killing Travis)

1:30-2:00pm Zach returns with gf after lunch to watch some movies and left a couple of hours later to go shopping and for dinner, returning at midnight, OR returned between 3-4pm?

-Nude pictures
1:42 pm - 1:47 pm + 2 w/no date and time(Unlikely imo, if Zach was really remembering Wed and not Thurs.)

-Zach comes home 3 - 4 pm(?which day did this happen for sure?)

-Activities on laptop
3:34 pm - Martinez direct Melendez
4:19 pm - Flores report
4:54 pm - Wilmott Cross Melendez

-Shower pictures
5:22 pm - 5:33 pm

-Enrique comes home(Says he saw TA on the phone which he thought was the conference call, but remembered it as being Wednesday, even though he later said everything must have happened on Thursday, but was no longer sure of his days when told that TA had missed the conference call on Wed evening.
6 - 6:30 pm

Enrique exerpts:

Attachments

• EnriqueAll3.jpg
    EnriqueAll3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 136
Re: sex photos

-Sex photos are taken late March or early April.
-JA downloads them to her computer soon after, while in Mesa.
-She brings her laptop on June 4th.
-She wants to plant those photos into Travis' computer. When LE finds those pictures, she will be famous and it's like taking revenge to Lisa, Mimi, Chaitanya.......
-She transfers the photos to Travis' memory card
-Travis' computer has virus preventing her bringing up his My picture. Her plan fails.
-JA deletes the photos from the memory card.

I know this scenario probably has full of holes, since I'm no techie. Need criticism and opinions from you guys.

Per Flores report,
'Wednesday the 4th, was his day off. He got up and returned the rental car he had been using...... He returned home at about 1500 hours for about an hour before going back to Mandy's house about 1600 hours......'

When I read this, I read as Zach did not stay at Travis' the night of June 3rd and that Zach wasn't there until 3:00 pm with his own car. So JA didn't see any unfamiliar car when she arrived (if she arrived in the morning).

I wish Flores had just asked her what cars she saw when she arrived and had not revealed about any roommate's schedules to her. Then he can catch her with her lies since he knows more from his interviews with Zach and Enrique.

We are left with too many possibilities here.

BBM- I'm still wondering what happened to TA's famous UFC nights, weren't those a weekly Wednesday night event? I would have thought that was why he was cleaning his floors...

If she is not as smart as she thinks she is then what if she thought the photos she put on Travis's camera would retain the date taken? I seem to remember that they had different colors and type size in the dates.

What if she intended for everyone to find out that they took nude photos? That would allow her to be the one responsible for taking Travis's virginity. Remember how pizzed she was when she found out Deanna had sex with him first?

Something she did caused the virus on the computer so she could not put the photos on it?

I also think that she did not know that Travis had a new roommate. She said as much to Flores and then started including the roommate in her ramblings. IMO opinion she sent the texts asking if the room was still available from one of her friends phones, or the extra helio phone or a burner phone. There is no way that girl went without texting, talking and taking selfies for as many hours as she said she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth