Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by KateB, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickshawFan

RickshawFan Well-Known Member

I hate when that happens. It means your reply has been typed in the middle of the quote. Just cut your lengthy contribution and paste it after the Quote word that's in brackets.

2. RickshawFan

I believe it happens if the reply inadvertently gets typed anywhere inside the opening or closing [.

3. RickshawFan

I agree with everything except the "buuuuut". Jodi doesn't do buts, IMO: she does workarounds.

4. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

JMO
    I am trying to figure out what she actually did that was wrong and how she did it. This is what I think may have happened.

We know we hear her on a phone call voice recording talking to rapper. The rapper is saying he wants to come visit her sometime. The rapper seems to have taped the voice phone call and it somehow gets out on SM and elsewhere.

So that is telling me that she must have initiated the phone call from either a prison phone or she somehow acquired or borrowed a cell phone and had it in her cell to make the call.

Because I don't think anyone on the outside can call her because its not like she is standing by a pay phone the whole time. And I will have to recheck where I heard the call but I think he answered the phone on the recording I heard. Which would mean she initiated the call.

So if she initiated the call then it means she either did it by some prison pay phone or other prison phone OR somehow she had a cell phone in her cell.

If she used some prison pay phone then I dont know if that would be against the rules if she called someone on a prison pay phone unless she wasn't supposed to be able to use it. Plus they probably record all conversations on their phones for prisoners and they would be able to tell when and who she called.

The call almost sounds like it comes from a prison phone. So why did she get in trouble then? Was she not supposed to use it?

How did she get near it if she wasn't supposed to use the prison phone?

I first thought it may have been a pre paid cell phone but it sure sounds like a prison phone.

Not sure what rule she broke unless she had no permission and somehow used prison phone anyway.

Link below has the phone call.

http://ktar.com/story/873757/jodi-a...prison-is-like-during-phone-call-with-rapper/

5. HoneySugar

HoneySugar Member

I disagree-Jodi DOES do. ....butts. haha-sorry! Couldn't resist!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

6. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

7. RickshawFan

I imagine she called from a prison phone. She can make calls but has to reverse the charges, IIRC. I believe she's allowed one call a week. It's possible she instigated the taping. She could have made a prior call and set it up, or asked a visitor to convey the phone appointment time and instructions to the rapper. One would assume either method was taped, but there might not be real-time reviews of the tapes; the CO's may have looked at them closely before the disciplinary hearing took place.

Very possibly, Jodi was at fault in a number of ways. Apart from what may or may not have gone down with a phone infraction, IIRC she had been cautioned before about seeking publicity. At first, none of her letters would go out because there was some infraction or other. I would also venture to bet that there can be no publicity-seeking by an inmate, no interviews, no calling attention to oneself. This is different from jail.

I would also guess that this infraction by Jodi was considered minor, or she'd have been docked way more privileges. Though if she wasn't advanced to Phase 3 when she planned on it, there were probably privileges in addition to the phone thing that are on the back burner for a while, like an increase in commissary, craft supplies, fewer CO's with her at all times.

I think Jodi's manipulations aren't up to even a smack from the mosquito-swatter this warden wields. Too bad this warden doesn't have a "likes-a-million fan club.

8. RickshawFan

Ummmmm.......LMAO?

9. Wing Ding

Wing Ding Trial Junkie

Everything you just wrote was the way I thought things happened, too.

At the beginning of the call it sounded like there was a pre-recorded electronic message after which Lefty identified herself as the caller before the rapper accepted the call and the conversation between the two began. I think that's standard operating procedure for phone calls made from jails, n'est ce pas?

And if so, I can believe that entire phone call was recorded by the jail system. Now, if she was under restriction and prohibited from making phone calls, that's another thing altogether. But even if she wasn't prohibited, how did the recorded call get released? By someone working from within the prison walls? If so, that's another, another thing altogether.

Butttttttt... given Lefty Thesarias' penchant for skirting around the rules... perhaps she had one of her lemmings contact the rapper beforehand to enlighten him to the joys of recording phone conversations using... wait for it... a... wait for it... HELIO phone!!! Or maybe just a regular 'ol smart phone.

But because jailhouse phone calls only seem to be made public during trials, I figured the rapper was the person who recorded and released the call. At her direction of course.

And assuming she was allowed to make phone calls from jail, surely she wouldn't be punished for anything HE did, right? ;) ;)

Seriously, though... are all recorded phone calls made from jail or prison considered their personal property and are to remain "in-house"? (until they are released under official, legal order?)

10. b_lab7410

b_lab7410 Member

Yes, physically, however, mentally... she is more like the child that keeps trying to pout her way out of something... :tantrum:

11. LinTX

LinTX New Member

JA's profile now shows a min violation of "Disrespect to staff" - date of offense 2/3 and guilty verdict dated 2/9. That will be enough to move her back a step ( I assume to the beginning of Step2 ) which means she's losing quite a few incentives earned over the last 6 mos. and will have to earn them back.

12. Soulsad

Soulsad New Member

13. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate Long Time Websleuther

14. T-4-2

T-4-2 Member

Oh, Kirk. This looks very much like a desperate, suspiciously-timed "look at me" ploy. What's next, headstands? Get some help.

Debbiecass likes this.
  15. Caylee Advocate

Question:

Does anyone recall who said the killer "kicked her sensei so hard that she dropped out of class because she didn't want to hurt anyone." Another lie from the killers mouth I know, yet some truth in every lie... the kicking and stomping, GRR.

I found it.

16. T-4-2

T-4-2 Member

I completely agree. If she ever even bothers to do any kind of cost-benefit analysis, the psychopath in her is perfectly happy paying what sane people see as a huge cost for something with (for a sane person) little or no benefit. It's like she has her own inside-out, upside-down, backwards version of "no pain, no gain." She will always gain whenever she can cause even the slightest amount of pain to others.

(While I was typing this, Caylee Advocate posted the question about Jodi saying she didn't want to hurt anyone. A lie because it never happened or a lie because Jodi ALWAYS wants to hurt people? I'd say both. Was Jodi ever really in a martial arts class? Yeeeeesh, scary thought. Weird how she found an excuse to quit that makes her somehow look noble. (By which I mean not weird at all, since nothing is ever Jodi's fault, ever.)

17. G&AMom

G&AMom Verified Mikette

When I saw it was the Phoenix New Times, I thought we might at least get a different slant on Nurmi, but the article seems to be simply a rehash of his book. The article is written by Shanna Hogan, by the way

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

18. T-4-2

T-4-2 Member

Great illustration, but Nurmi is hardly Jodi's only "other victim." Had Jodi ever actually gone to college, she could have majored in collateral damage.

(Also... "Kurt?" Poor guy just can't catch a break.)

19. Caylee Advocate

In a world exclusive, In Touch — on newsstands now — has obtained the first excerpts from prosecutor Juan Martinez's highly anticipated tell-all book, Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars.

Martinez exclusively reveals, “I’ve been a prosecutor for 27 years, and this case required more work than any other I’ve ever had [because Jodi] is so gifted at being deceitful."

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jodi-arias-jail-juan-martinez-90333

20. samspace070

samspace070 New Member

So sorry to hear about your suffering. I really miss seeing you on WS. Praying for your quick recovery.:getwell:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.