PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Seven found dead in Missouri duplex

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by PlasmaFiend024, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. PlasmaFiend024

    PlasmaFiend024 New Member

    Messages:
    237
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    KIRKSVILLE, Missouri (AP) -- Seven people were found dead Sunday in a duplex in northeast Missouri, police said.

    Police Chief Jim Hughes confirmed the deaths but would not discuss a suspected cause or release details about the victims.

    Police were trying to make positive identifications and notify relatives.

    Emergency officials went to the home after receiving a 911 call around 2:30 p.m. saying there were a number of unresponsive people and an unusual odor in the duplex.

    Foul play had not been ruled out, Hughes said.

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/17/missouri.deaths.ap/index.html

    EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
     
  2. Taximom

    Taximom Former Member

    Messages:
    16,234
    Likes Received:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    0
    More deaths by carbon monoxide poisoning? :( Sounds like an entire family, sadly.

    We had to call 911 last year because our carbon monoxide alarm went off AND it smelled weird by our water heater. They brought out their little gadgets and found nothing. They told us that the brand of alarm we had (sorry, can't remember) often caused false alarms. I guess better safe than sorry.
     
  3. samhoney

    samhoney Searching for an Answer

    Messages:
    229
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    This is one strange case. I look forward to finding out a case. It's awful enough to have one person die under mysterious circumstances but seven? That's just not common.
     
  4. Kymistry35

    Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

    Messages:
    3,640
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I was under the assumption that carbon monoxide did not have an odor. Maybe if they had natural gas and it was leaking, there would be an odor....or maybe the odor was from the bodies themselves. Article does not state how long they had been dead. It always breaks my heart to hear about deaths around the holidays especially. The families will never be able to celebrate without thinking about their dead loved ones again.
     
  5. Mygirlsadie

    Mygirlsadie New Member

    Messages:
    4,542
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Is this a whole family or is this 7 random people that were all at this house?
     
  6. julianne

    julianne Former Member

    Messages:
    1,810
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    You're right....carbon monoxide poisoning is often fatal because it's odorless. I wonder if it WAS natural gas?
     
  7. Marstan

    Marstan Former Member

    Messages:
    332
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I was thinking the smell the neighbors smelled was the decomposing bodies, not gas. I could have read that wrong in the paper though!

    Very sad, sad situation. Prayers for the family.
     
  8. Taximom

    Taximom Former Member

    Messages:
    16,234
    Likes Received:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I wish I had listened to the news better this morning, but I was left with the thought that LE thought the car/van had been running and caused the deaths.

    That could still be murder/suicide if someone did that intentionally. I hope they investigate this well.
     

Share This Page



  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice