Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right about many reviews...And I thought the same thing with the person that I mentioned already. He had no specific complaint other than to make a nasty remark.

However, these reviews (positive and negative) are pretty specific and are also addressed by RJR personally an individually. AND they answered again by the reviewer. In many cases the issue was resolved and then there are compliments and thanks. These aren't only reviews but also seem to be conversations between the reviewer and the company. Even the positive ones are commented on by RJR and a interaction between the individuals ensues. In no other instance did RJR question the validity of the poster and always tried to resolve whatever problems were being brought up.

Reviewers also mention certain employees by name - either to compliment, thank or complain, including the guy whose name appears on the page. I tend to believe these are actual clients. The reviews go back to at least 2015 as well and remain on the company's FB page. Even the negative ones.
I haven't read the reviews myself, but the company interacting with the reviewers does give a very good impression of how the business was run. Seems like a reputable place, professional, focused on service.

In other words, this is a company with a good reputation. So....does that give us a clue it was a personal crime, not business related?? IDK.

jmo

These reviewers are definitely not anonymous. Full names and often the location of where they are renting are posted. One negative commenter posted photos of the issues going on in his apartment. RJR responds back and thanks them for their compliments and business...or asks them to come in and discuss the issues that are posted as complaints. In one case it sounds like they've have phone conversations and have been unable to resolve the problem, and in this case they refer the customer to their attorney.
Yes, I understand. I went off on a tangent, not related to this case. Apologies!

At least when they opened for business today, there was a police presence.

North Dakota company where owner and 3 employees were found dead reopens

— A North Dakota business where an owner and three employees were found slain this week reopened with a police presence on Wednesday, though authorities still haven't said how they were killed.

The bodies were discovered early Monday at RJR Maintenance and Management in Mandan, a city just across the Missouri River from Bismarck. Police have classified the case as a "multiple homicide." Investigators say they don't know who the killer is, but that the person is not among the dead.

The mood at the company was somber as a police officer monitored the parking lot and workers quietly talked with one another outside before the company opened Wednesday morning. Company co-owner Jackie Fakler, whose husband was among the dead, also returned to work.

Yes, I understand. I went off on a tangent, not related to this case. Apologies!
No need to apologize. I just wanted to explain why these reviews appear to be legit, and could be of concern. Go the RJR Maintenance FB page, click on reviews and read some yourself. I'd be grateful to hear what you think.

That is another possibility. I do think those men in the group would have fought an attacker, even knowing it was their last fight.

How many possibilities do we have now?!

jmo

Not sure about the timeline of the crime. It’s possible they were all working late, and the crime happened during the overnight hours. It’s also possible some early arriving employees were trickling in at different times and were sabotaged as they arrived.

No need to apologize. I just wanted to explain why these reviews appear to be legit, and could be of concern. Go the RJR Maintenance FB page, click on reviews and read some yourself. I'd be grateful to hear what you think.

I read one that was very negative, but nothing to make me think this would be the outcome.

I read one that was very negative, but nothing to make me think this would be the outcome.
I agree. That particular individual didn't seem deadly to me. And I believe he moved on to another location, still unhappy, but moved on from the issue as well. IMO

To suspect an unhappy tenant or client though is to consider how upset some of these people are..and if someone in a position where they asked for assistance over and over and didn't get it, would resort to violence. The part that makes me consider this the most is that 2 of the victims worked in maintenance....by that I believe it means they were responsible for the maintaining pf properties aspects of the business, not the maintenance of RJR's building itself. IMO Someone angry about maintenance not being done or done poorly + 2 dead people who work in the maintenance area + the owner...= possibility.

Not sure about the timeline of the crime. It’s possible they were all working late, and the crime happened during the overnight hours. It’s also possible some early arriving employees were trickling in at different times and were sabotaged as they arrived.
We've heard today that one of the victims (the husband of the female victim) called his step-daughter before work that Monday morning. We don't know what time he called her as that wasn't in the article. She didn't pick up the phone.

Was he calling from home, in the car to work, at work? Was he calling in distress or just to hello?

I wish we had more details about that.

jmo

“This was very specific to the victims that were involved," the chief said. "There was nothing at the crime scene that would lead us it believe that anyone outside the victims involved are in any danger."

'We just don't have answers': Mystery surrounds killing of 4 people at North Dakota business

But was there something left to make the chief lean toward the thinking that no one outside the victims is in danger?

Since there isn’t a direct understanding of motive, I doubt there was some kind of manifesto left or delivered.

I know the pressure is on to solve this and provide info to the media, so there may be clumsiness on the kind of information released because the investigative team truly can’t reveal too much at this point but want to/have to say something. IMO.
Emphasis mine

First Bolded bit : So, how do they even know that if they haven't any clue ?
No note or message via text ? Nothing ?

Second Bolded bit : If they are open to tips from the public-- does this mean they are dumbfounded as to the 'who' and even the 'why' ?
I'd think the public could still be in danger.
This is someone(s) who've just murdered 4 people. They (if apprehended) are going to be locked away most likely for the remainder of their days. They aren't going to want anyone trying to turn them in or even ask them any questions.
Have any employees or locals noticed anyone acting out of the ordinary ? or has anyone suddenly left town ?

Third Bolded bit : Agreed that the authorities (in this case the local LE) can't be too careful about releasing some information. I'd doubt they've released very much unintentionally-- as they haven't released much AT ALL.
We still don't know the cod or even tod.

(Deleted as it was answered in above post. )
Interesting that the stepfather called his stepdaughter that morning-- I'd think it was maybe just checking in or plans for the next get together ? (They lived a distance away from the stepdaughter)
So that indicates they were killed sometime that morning....
We still don't know how. I don't even think the nearest relative knows. (stepD.)
Would she have been told by now and just asked to keep it quiet ?

Shot? Stabbed ? Together or were they found separately ?

This is where I'd find it difficult to even show up at work because I'd want the crime scene to be blocked from view. I realize the employees maybe had no choice.

Also --- That part about the 911 call being more of a medical emergency call -- was there unintentional 'clumsiness' ?
As in, was the crime scene walked all over and contaminated by EMT's ,who weren't aware that this was a murder scene ? (Not the first responders' fault !)

Hard to believe this case could grow cold.
Looks like a possibility.

LE opening a tipline is the last thing I expected to see. I thought I heard early on that the FBI had been called into help on this case, guess not.

They’ve called in the Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI), which is what you’re likely thinking of.

That’s the state law enforcement agency, which would be far more experienced with investigations of this scope, as opposed to local authorities.

I agree. That particular individual didn't seem deadly to me. And I believe he moved on to another location, still unhappy, but moved on from the issue as well. IMO

To suspect an unhappy tenant or client though is to consider how upset some of these people are..and if someone in a position where they asked for assistance over and over and didn't get it, would resort to violence. The part that makes me consider this the most is that 2 of the victims worked in maintenance....by that I believe it means they were responsible for the maintaining pf properties aspects of the business, not the maintenance of RJR's building itself. IMO Someone angry about maintenance not being done or done poorly + 2 dead people who work in the maintenance area + the owner...= possibility.

I get you. If so, this person would have been surveilling the company to make sure the right targets were there at the right time.

What would be the odds of this? Maybe those are the same 4 that show up to work at the same time, every day. People can be predictable like that.

It makes me think more about the theory of a burglary in progress, and the first employee walking in early. No way to know, with the information available.

Just my thoughts for the moment, and I appreciate the dialogue here, trying to understand.

The search of the field by McDonald’s, 0.6 miles away, and request for business camera recordings, could mean LE thinks the perp(s) were on foot for at least a bit. If the perp parked at RJR, I’d would think there would be an arrest by now. Surely the RJR security videos have been looked at.

I’ll be curious if LE searches around Dacotah Centennial Park tomorrow, as a car could go unnoticed if parked in those areas at night. I doubt there are cameras at the park.

I’m starting to think this was well-planned and not an impetuous reaction to getting evicted or losing storage unit contents. Someone really hated RJR or one of the victims.

I get you. If so, this person would have been surveilling the company to make sure the right targets were there at the right time.

What would be the odds of this? Maybe those are the same 4 that show up to work at the same time, every day. People can be predictable like that.

It makes me think more about the theory of a burglary in progress, and the first employee walking in early. No way to know, with the information available.

Just my thoughts for the moment, and I appreciate the dialogue here, trying to understand.
BBM
Yea....I went to that theory as well. Here we are with everything, and nothing.

We've heard today that one of the victims (the husband of the female victim) called his step-daughter before work that Monday morning. We don't know what time he called her as that wasn't in the article. She didn't pick up the phone.

Was he calling from home, in the car to work, at work? Was he calling in distress or just to hello?

I wish we had more details about that.

jmo
Thanks, that would be nice to know what time he called.
Has anyone tried to put together a timeline of events for just that morning ?
So far I'm only certain about the person arriving in their truck at 7:04 am and someone (else?) leaving at 7:25 am in a company vehicle
The 911 call was at 7:35 , correct ? I can go back and check.
I'm thinking RJR didn't have sec. cams -- or if they did, the perp knew how to evade them ?
So, a former employee ?

Eta : according to the link from jabarn : RJR did have cameras abut LE will not say if the crime was caught on video.
Maybe not, because there'd be a poi or an arrest by now ?
Or it was someone unknown to LE , but they either broke in or had a key ?

Last edited:
The search of the field by McDonald’s, 0.6 miles away, and request for business camera recordings, could mean LE thinks the perp(s) were on foot for at least a bit. If the perp parked at RJR, I’d would think there would be an arrest by now. Surely the RJR security videos have been looked at.

I’ll be curious if LE searches around Dacotah Centennial Park tomorrow, as a car could go unnoticed if parked in those areas at night. I doubt there are cameras at the park.

I’m starting to think this was well-planned and not an impetuous reaction to getting evicted or losing storage unit contents. Someone really hated RJR or one of the victims.
Yes, I think you're on to something. The perp could've parked elsewhere and walked to the building on foot and departed the same way. Some victims may have been there the day before and killed - and then the perp waited for the others to arrive Monday morning. If that is the case, it definitely seems targeted as the perp then disappeared (as opposed to hiding out and ambushing more employees).

Surely this will not go cold?!?

jmo

Didn't I read somewhere, maybe or maybe not posted here, that RJR building is fairly isolated and also that it backs up onto a golf course? I know I read it in one of the many articles that have been put out by MSM. Easy to come and go on foot in that case, IMO.

Didn't I read somewhere, maybe or maybe not posted here, that RJR building is fairly isolated and also that it backs up onto a golf course? I know I read it in one of the many articles that have been put out by MSM. Easy to come and go on foot in that case, IMO.
Here is one article about it.

Business owner, 3 employees dead in North Dakota multiple homicide

The business is somewhat isolated despite its location in a business district near a busy main road known as The Strip. A large empty lot sits in the front, a golf course in back and a soccer complex to one side.

Yes, for sure, it does make you wonder with the short distance from RJR and the scene of the search today (1/2 mile) that maybe there was some foot traffic involved. Hopefully, it’s getting narrowed down and an understanding of how well planned it was.

Thanks, that would be nice to know what time he called.
Has anyone tried to put together a timeline of events for just that morning ?
So far I'm only certain about the person arriving in their truck at 7:04 am and someone (else?) leaving at 7:25 am in a company vehicle
The 911 call was at 7:35 , correct ? I can go back and check.

Wait a second. I think you're right on the timing of the initial of the 911 call (I remember reading it was 7:40a but same difference).

Sooooo, who made this FB post? Look at the time stamp.

upload_2019-4-3_18-43-7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member