Shacknai Accountants Given Largest Fine Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

JMO, I think this business dealing has been in process for a while. Before Maxie's accident and Rebecca's brutal and violent murder. It seems Shacknai had a huge mess to clean up, pay fines and get legal so to speak before he could move forward to sell out.

IMHO, I think Dina Romano knew all this was happening and when the deal was done she moved into her media run.

When I think about it, JS has done very well, he obviously has the business intelligence and now has set himself and those he holds dear (GS, ES) up for life AND saved his company so to speak. His products will go worldwide.

Yeah, in my humble opinion Dina Romano feels entitled to some of that.

I hope that they don't move to a country where we don't have an extradition treaty. It looks like he is getting ready to shake the dust off his feet and move his dysfunctional drama elsewhere. With our economy getting ready to crash I doubt that many will care about what did or did not happen during July 2011 in Coronado, California. However, If God blesses us with a reprieve from the coming financial disaster then maybe this will be pursued.

How classy is that, to expel a big pile of manure, and then just leave? It reminds me of his boat's name before he changed it. I don't remember the name but I remember that it translated to "I Escape".

I hope that they don't move to a country where we don't have an extradition treaty. It looks like he is getting ready to shake the dust off his feet and move his dysfunctional drama elsewhere. With our economy getting ready to crash I doubt that many will care about what did or did not happen during July 2011 in Coronado, California. However, If God blesses us with a reprieve from the coming financial disaster then maybe this will be pursued.

How classy is that, to expel a big pile of manure, and then just leave? It reminds me of his boat's name before he changed it. I don't remember the name but I remember that it translated to "I Escape".

BBM

Enato is the name.

Back when he changed the name to Enato, and knowing it's meaning, I was thinking it was not a subtle message to DR...as in...he was ridding himself of an albatross...

Or someone that would go to great lengths to cover up scandal, if Rebecca had killed herself and there was quite a bit of information about her/their "unconventional" love life in the files, IMO.

BBM above and below

Remember this, CuriousGeorgia?

Salem
WS Super Moderator

Okay Everybody - this has been said a hundred times, I'm sure. But I'm giving it one more shot and then I'm just going to issue TOs to EVERYBODY.

Dina is a victim of Max's death. As his mother, she has every right to want his death re-investigated. DO NOT BASH HER. You may talk about her media presence but you cannot keep accusing her of nefarious activity or thoughts - even if it is your opinion. She doesn't warrant that and neither LE or MSM have given any reason to indicate she is suspect in the death of RZ. So... you can talk about her actions, her media presence, and the timeline, but stop the bashing.

RZ is a victim here also. DO NOT BASH HER. You may talk about MSM, LE and timeline information but you cannot keep accusing her of nefarious activity or thoughts - even if it is your opinion. She doesn't warrant that and neither LE or MSM have given any reason to indicate she is suspect in the death of Max.

Both women are victims. Like it or not, that is the way it is and you are expected to post accordingly. If you fail to do so, you will lose posting privileges for a period of time.

Salem
Last edited by Salem; 08-29-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Add wording

I'm not bashing Rebecca and Jonah, just stating they it is possible they were into bondage play. And that's fine with me if they were - I really don't care what two adults do in the privacy of their homes.

And considering the way Rebecca tied herself up, and the "Asian bondage anime" searches that were found <modsnip>, I think it is relevant to the discussion.

Rebecca's family is challenging the suicide ruling. About 1,600 people signed the second petition to the AG so I guess other people also question the suicide findings. Huh. It makes one think, no?

And what about the other hundred thousand people that DIDN'T sign because they know the SDSO got it right and it was suicide?

Nope, AB has not been turned down twice by the AG.

What I said was, "And I do not think the AG will reopen the case, IMO. She has turned it down once." I did not say it had been turned down twice, but IMO, it will be soon.

Sept. 22, 2011

The California attorney general denied a pharmaceutical tycoon's request to review a finding that his girlfriend killed herself by binding her wrists and ankles and hanging herself naked from a balcony at his historic mansion, according to a letter released Thursday.

The office of Attorney General Kamala Harris said it reviews cases for limited reasons, including allegations of gross misconduct by investigators, a clear conflict of interest or if a local law enforcement agency lacks resources or requests help.

Jonah Shacknai asked for a review of a San Diego County Sheriff's Department finding that his 32-year-old girlfriend Rebecca Zahau killed herself two days after his 6-year-old son suffered a fatal fall at his waterfront mansion in Coronado, a wealthy San Diego suburb.

Shacknai, 54, wrote the attorney general Monday that he had no reason to doubt the finding but that a review might put to rest questions raised by Zahau's family and others. He said Thursday that he accepted Harris' decision.

"If at any time there is new substantive evidence bearing on this case, it should be presented, not in tabloid form to fuel rumor and innuendo, but rather to appropriate law enforcement authorities who may determine whether further investigation is warranted," Shacknai said in a statement.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15527592/state-attorney-general?clienttype=printable

"Layoffs expected at Medicis after $2.6B sale"

"Both Pearson and Medicis Founder, Chairman and CEO Jonah Shacknai, declined interviews with the Phoenix Business Journal to answer whether Shacknai will stay with the company he created.

It appears that Shacknai will not stay, based on two assessments.
One, usually press releases will spell out the new role for the CEO in the combined company. It didn’t this time.

Two, Pearson told investors in the conference call today that there are no employment agreements with Medicis senior management."

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/blog/business/2012/09/layoffs-expected-at-medicis-after.html

BBM
Thought I would get this thread back on track to its subject matter.

IMO JS will not be staying because he is seen as damaged goods. Once the lawsuits were settled and fines paid by the company, his personal life was still a dark cloud. Hopefully not too many people will lose their jobs with the acquisition.

And what about the other hundred thousand people that DIDN'T sign because they know the SDSO got it right and it was suicide?

Imo, that is not a valid assumption. Who knows what other people think? Some may believe it was a suicide. So far, I have not seen a sampling poll that showed that the majority of people thought she committed suicide. As a matter of fact that group was consistently smaller that the groups that believed she had been murdered in every poll that was done. If you can find a poll that deviated please post the link. I am sure many would be interested in seeing it.

Also, most people will not sign a petition. They either don't feel they have the time to understand what they are signing or just don't want to get involved.

Imo, you are misrepresenting, when you state that there are a hundred thousand people that feel that L.E. the ruling was correct. Do you have anything to strengthen your claim. Either a poll or the number of signatures on a counter petition will do. This is not scientific but just some type of indication that shows what people may or not think about this.

BBM

The AG only threw it back because it hadn't gone through the proper channels.

The way I saw it.... is that the AG was giving the SDLE and the DA another chance to get it right.... and they just seemed to turn their noses up at it.

They can't say they didn't get another chance to review the case.... I believe AB tried a few times to meet with SDSO Gore to no avail although I don't know why they did not seem to meet up.

I had not previously seen this article so thought I would post it. It is replete with inaccuracies noted in bold:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/09/05/valeant-medicis-zahau-shacknai_n_1855301.html

'Though Jonah Shacknai himself said his girlfriend’s death was “undeniably strange,” authorities didn’t seem suspicious of the events.

"Suicides can appear odd," San Diego County Sheriff's Sgt. Roy Frank said. "It's not unusual to have a suicide that appears to be something else."

All the same, Shacknai requested a second autopsy of his girlfriend, in an effort to dispel suspicions. After the exhumation, the doctor hired to examine Zahau, Dr. Cyril Wecht, went on Dr. Phil and told the audience he believed Zahau’s death may have been a homicide.'

As we all now know, JS did NOT request a second autopsy. Instead, he requested a review of the findings yet indicated he was satisifed with the results so it was not a legitimate request for a reopening. Lot's of bad reporting on this case and lots of redactions as well.

I had not previously seen this article so thought I would post it. It is replete with inaccuracies noted in bold:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/09/05/valeant-medicis-zahau-shacknai_n_1855301.html

'Though Jonah Shacknai himself said his girlfriend’s death was “undeniably strange,” authorities didn’t seem suspicious of the events.

"Suicides can appear odd," San Diego County Sheriff's Sgt. Roy Frank said. "It's not unusual to have a suicide that appears to be something else."

All the same, Shacknai requested a second autopsy of his girlfriend, in an effort to dispel suspicions. After the exhumation, the doctor hired to examine Zahau, Dr. Cyril Wecht, went on Dr. Phil and told the audience he believed Zahau’s death may have been a homicide.'

As we all now know, JS did NOT request a second autopsy. Instead, he requested a review of the findings yet indicated he was satisifed with the results so it was not a legitimate request for a reopening. Lot's of bad reporting on this case and lots of redactions as well.

Sorry to quote myself but i got to thinking that perhaps the PR machine is starting to spin the story inaccurately on purpose to defer thinking of JS actions after Rebecca's death. Clearly this news agency knows it was inaccurate reporting based on its many earlier US stories. So what IS going on here.

Sorry to quote myself but i got to thinking that perhaps the PR machine is starting to spin the story inaccurately on purpose to defer thinking of JS actions after Rebecca's death. Clearly this news agency knows it was inaccurate reporting based on its many earlier US stories. So what IS going on here.

Perhaps part of the "request" was asking for a second autopsy and that would include an exhumation?

Yes, " Lot's of bad reporting on this case and lots of redactions as well."

Class action suit against Valeant acquisition of Medicis due to "unwarranted media attention" surrounding Jonah Shacknai and the death of son and girlfriend.

http://www.law360.com/articles/377791/medicis-investor-sues-to-halt-2-6b-valeant-buyout

Medicis Investor Sues To Halt $2.6B Valeant Buyout

By Lance Duroni

Law360, Wilmington (September 12, 2012, 6:19 PM ET) -- A Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. shareholder launched a class action on Tuesday challenging Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.'s $2.6 billion bid for the dermatological drugmaker, saying the deal shortchanges investors.

Canada-based Valeant's $44 per share offer attempts to capitalize on a lull in Medicis' share price and performance due to "unwarranted media attention" surrounding Medicis CEO Jonah Shacknai, according to a suit filed in Delaware Chancery Court by Susan Omohundro-Wood.

In July 2011, Shacknai’s son died after falling down the stairs at the CEO’s San Diego-area mansion. The...

Sorry, but need a subscription to get the rest of it.

Class action suit against Valeant acquisition of Medicis due to "unwarranted media attention" surrounding Jonah Shacknai and the death of son and girlfriend.

http://www.law360.com/articles/377791/medicis-investor-sues-to-halt-2-6b-valeant-buyouthttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/woohoo.gif

Medicis Investor Sues To Halt $2.6B Valeant Buyout

By Lance Duroni

Law360, Wilmington (September 12, 2012, 6:19 PM ET) -- A Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. shareholder launched a class action on Tuesday challenging Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.'s $2.6 billion bid for the dermatological drugmaker, saying the deal shortchanges investors.

Canada-based Valeant's $44 per share offer attempts to capitalize on a lull in Medicis' share price and performance due to "unwarranted media attention" surrounding Medicis CEO Jonah Shacknai, according to a suit filed in Delaware Chancery Court by Susan Omohundro-Wood.

In July 2011, Shacknai’s son died after falling down the stairs at the CEO’s San Diego-area mansion. The...

Sorry, but need a subscription to get the rest of it.

JS seems constantly mired in controversy, divorces, unethical accounting practices.... even before the deaths...and it just continues..... unhappy Medicis shareholders... the media attention will not die down until the public feels they know the truth..... but the shareholder seems to be in denial about the unethical accounting practices and huge fines..... that would stop me from buying shares in that company also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288