Found Deceased Shana Alison DiMambro Last Seen 7/19/22- 7 AM in Her Home,100 block Mitchell Street, Spring Branch

Here's an image of the basin from Bing Images. The image of it on Google has water in it, but the Bing image shows it as dry, so you can see how the sides slope and it looks like it'd be very easy to walk in and out of it right now.
Its hard to tell at this angle if it was layered instead of a steep drop.

Some sleuthers are suggesting an overdose due to drugs that cause a person to become hot. If that were the case where are her clothes? Someone would have seen her walking nude at the RV park. Or possibly picked up on CCTV at the RV park. There was no indication that she was relapsing. I thought maybe an ex who she had some unresolved issues with that she trusted enough to walk out of the RV Park with? The ex lured her or forced her to where she was found. Maybe there was a different crime scene. But that would take time to committ. Maybe that person didn't care about the time it took. How about someone she didn't really know but didn't think was a big deal to walk with. But with these assumptions she is a homebody so maybe not. IDK.

Jennifer Smith, CCSO public information officer, said that finding was from the preliminary autopsy results.

"We are conducting a thorough investigation and pursuing all leads/theories,” Smith said. “We are still awaiting the final autopsy/toxicology results.”

Some sleuthers are suggesting an overdose due to drugs that cause a person to become hot. If that were the case where are her clothes? Someone would have seen her walking nude at the RV park. Or possibly picked up on CCTV at the RV park. There was no indication that she was relapsing. I thought maybe an ex who she had some unresolved issues with that she trusted enough to walk out of the RV Park with? The ex lured her or forced her to where she was found. Maybe there was a different crime scene. But that would take time to committ. Maybe that person didn't care about the time it took. How about someone she didn't really know but didn't think was a big deal to walk with. But with these assumptions she is a homebody so maybe not. IDK.
Had she been walking around nude, or even clothed, in the morning hours of her supposed disappearance, I believe it is very likely she would have been noticed by someone in that RV park. If she somehow ended up in the retention pond say, the night before, whether she put herself there, or was put there by someone, it is far, far less likely that anyone would have seen. I really hope autopsy can pin down a very close time of death, though I am not sure they will be able to pin it down closely enough to know for certain if she died teh night before, or the day of her reported disappearnace. JMO

Had she been walking around nude, or even clothed, in the morning hours of her supposed disappearance, I believe it is very likely she would have been noticed by someone in that RV park. If she somehow ended up in the retention pond say, the night before, whether she put herself there, or was put there by someone, it is far, far less likely that anyone would have seen. I really hope autopsy can pin down a very close time of death, though I am not sure they will be able to pin it down closely enough to know for certain if she died teh night before, or the day of her reported disappearnace. JMO
Her husband stated that she was home when he left for work on the morning of July 19, so it's unlikely she wandered off to the pond the night before. IMO he would have reported her missing sooner.

Her husband stated that she was home when he left for work on the morning of July 19, so it's unlikely she wandered off to the pond the night before. IMO he would have reported her missing sooner.
And we don't know if his stories check out against whatever evidence was & will be found. We still have so many more questions than answers right now. I hope the forensics will prove illuminating.

Yes, I am aware of what he told LE, and while I am not necessarily doubting him, or making accusations against anyone, I am merely trying to consider all possibilities of why no one apparently saw her wandering off from a crowded RV park, in broad daylight.

Last edited:
The Comal County Sheriff’s Office on Friday ruled out homicide as the cause of death for Shana DiMambro, the 45-year-old Spring Branch woman who went missing 10 days before searchers discovered her body a week ago.

“Based on our investigation we don’t have any evidence of a criminal offense,” CCSO Criminal Investigation Division Capt. Rocky Millican said. “We do not believe there is any danger to the public, and obviously we’re continuing the investigation into the cause of death.”

I do wonder how they can definitively rule out homicide, while still investigating, and not yet having a cause of death. And again we are back to this...

DiMambro’s body was found laying face-up in the middle of a dry retention pond just yards away from her Mitchell Drive residence in Spring Branch on July 29.

Last edited:
The Comal County Sheriff’s Office on Friday ruled out homicide as the cause of death for Shana DiMambro, the 45-year-old Spring Branch woman who went missing 10 days before searchers discovered her body a week ago.

“Based on our investigation we don’t have any evidence of a criminal offense,” CCSO Criminal Investigation Division Capt. Rocky Millican said. “We do not believe there is any danger to the public, and obviously we’re continuing the investigation into the cause of death.”

And again we are back to this...
DiMambro’s body was found laying face-up in the middle of a dry retention pond just yards away from her Mitchell Drive residence in Spring Branch on July 29.

Some great quotes there from grieving husband and parents. A tragedy.
And the autopsy:
Jennifer Smith, CCSO public information officer, said investigators were awaiting final autopsy/toxicology results — which Millican said could take “between from six months to a year.”

I do wonder how they can definitively rule out homicide, while still investigating, and not yet having a cause of death. And again we are back to this...

Face up again? So how was her back tattoo visible??

“No evidence of a criminal offense.” Hard to believe, isn‘t it? How does a woman end up dead in a dry creek bed (naked?)? I originally thought Shana was missing due to self harm, but the way/location she was found seems off. This is one where I have to trust the processes, which is harder to do these days.

“No evidence of a criminal offense.” Hard to believe, isn‘t it? How does a woman end up dead in a dry creek bed (naked?)? I originally thought Shana was missing due to self harm, but the way/location she was found seems off. This is one where I have to trust the processes, which is harder to do these days.

Yes, I have a hard time believing that a deeply Christian woman went out, undressed, hid her clothes and decided to stroll the area buck naked. And then she somehow crossed two fences (barbed wire I presume?), without shredding her naked body on them and therefore leaving a huge trail of blood behind, got into that dry pond and decided to die. Sorry, it has no sense. At all.

I am beginning to question if that was actually stated by LE, or whether it was just inferred by the following statement, actually made by LE, and the newspaper just interpreted it to mean that homicide had been ruled out, and ran with it.

I truly do not see how ANYTHING can definitively be ruled out as cause of death when LE has not even yet determined a cause of death, and while the investigation is still ongoing. I also find it odd that ONLY this newspaper is reporting that homicide has been ruled out. It seems news that important to the case would have come in the form of an official press release, and would have been made available to all news outlets. Yet, nothing from any other source.

Until I hear "homicide has been ruled out as the cause of death" from someone in LE with the authority to make that statement, I am going to take it with a grain of salt. JMO

Last edited:
Absence of evidence of a criminal offense could (among other things) mean that there were no injuries found on the body. Would a strangulation death be detectable at this point or would it require further testing? What about smothering? Poisoning? Could she have died of alcohol poisoning?

Absence of evidence of a criminal offense could (among other things) mean that there were no injuries found on the body. Would a strangulation death be detectable at this point or would it require further testing? What about smothering? Poisoning? Could she have died of alcohol poisoning?
I know that a broken hyoid bone is an almost certain indicator of strangling, but it is only broken in about 1/3 of strangling deaths, according to this linked report. With the level of decomposition that her remains probably had suffered after 10 days outside in 100-degree heat, being ravaged by buzzards and other animals, I would be surprised if any other marks on her body could have been noted, that may indicate a strangulation death. And as you said, toxicology reports may paint a clearer picture of what happened to Shana, when they are finally released. I completely fail to see how homicide could be definitively ruled out at this point. JMO

The hyoid is the U-shaped bone of the neck that is fractured in one-third of all homicides by strangulation. On this basis, postmortem detection of hyoid fracture is relevant to the diagnosis of strangulation. However, since many cases lack a hyoid fracture, the absence of this finding does not exclude strangulation as a cause of death.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back