Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by moonriverfarm, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mountainguy777

mountainguy777 Former Member

I think that would show “fresh” ground movement.

flourish and ZhaZhaHa like this.

2. HoldySi

HoldySi Well-Known Member

Did his work shift start at 5:30? Could he have disposed of 3 bodies and made it to work by 5:30? Would be interesting to know if he was late that day.

RavenCC2020, gitana1 and Davia18 like this.
  3. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

Yes it would and I'm sure LE knows.
    I still haven't found where he works at. I would be interested to know that.

gitana1 likes this.
  4. jemjam

jemjam Active Member

Good point! It is starting to get light at 5:30 so the neighbors camera probably had a decent view. If I’m remembering correctly all the doors were dead bolted- so with
    Good point and given our info I agree. At 5:30 it is starting to get light out so the neighbor’s camera probably had a good view of him leaving. I think I read earlier all the doors were dead bolted and her keys were found in the house- right? ZhaZhaHa’s backyard photos show the back area could be traversed. (Thanks ZhaZhaha!) If she left with the girls through the back after 5:30 I would think she would have been seen or heard.
    Wonder where he works & what time he needed to be there. As an aside- lots of areas with no cell
    service in Colorado. Hope there will be new info at PC at 3:30.

5. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Where I live is extremely rural, if spur of the moment you would have a really good chance of concealing a body if you had your head on straight and knew the terrain. If you planned it, just one example we have farmers who buy up gobs of acreage, many have trailers and dilapidated farmhouses on them. They don't bother to tear them down, they just sit out there in the middle of nowhere off a County road about a half mile off and the rats take them over. If you had time you could remove the skirting from a trailer that has sat for ten years empty, dig under it and have the holes all ready. No one goes there, no one lives there or nearby. No chance of an animal digging it up as you replace the skirting, and there they would be. The ground would harden and what are the odds even if they dragged off this trailer in another ten years that the ground would not be rock hard by then. I believe if we knew the amount of unfound bodies in Colorado alone we would be Gobsmacked....IMHO

6. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

He built a clever contraption to cover up the ground? Again, he had 6 weeks all by himself.

Portabella likes this.
  7. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Questions:​
    1. Where does CW work?
    2. What time was he supposed to arrive at work on Monday?
    3. Did he arrive on time?
    4. How many doors lead from the house or garage to the backyard?
    5. Are the door(s) to the backyard standard doors or sliding glass?

8. Mackelmom

Mackelmom Well-Known Member

The MIL story that was shared is really weighing on me. Where is the MIL now? Why isn't CW's family speaking out or posting on SM?

9. mountainguy777

Haha well he had 6 weeks, but only a few hours to carry it out, or cover the contraption.

Hazelnutty and ZhaZhaHa like this.
  10. mountainguy777

If they come out and say that CW is not a suspect, where do we go from there?

11. Lore Listener

Lore Listener So many crimes, so little time

It's like he was trying really hard to be likable and charming to the reporter. So hard that he couldn't "turn off" the smiling and chattiness that are normally part of his charm routine.

12. SoccerMotha

SoccerMotha Well-Known Member

We've got to find out if it's normal for him to back up his truck to the garage every morning to load his tools. Does he do this everyday? That is just bothering me, my husband is in construction and when he had a truck he had a tool thing on the back he could lock but right now he's driving an SUV and he keeps his tools in the back and then backs in the driveway. I just find it weird that you'd unload/load tools everyday, it seems like a lot.

13. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

There's SM chatter that CW did visit the family at least once in NC during those 6 weeks. Just putting it out there as it was news to me.

14. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Missing pregnant mother of 2 in Colorado has NC ties

15. mountainguy777

You might be onto something though with all the time he had to think and prepare if that’s what he was doing.

HayLouise, Davia18 and Lore Listener like this.
  16. Peachykeen

Peachykeen Well-Known Member

What type of work does he do?

17. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

If he has one of those silver colored boxes for tools, or black luggage type ones, I could fit in it easily. Perhaps he was removing tools....Just a thought...IMHO

Sunnymicki, JuStLiSs, abr and 2 others like this.
  18. Rocky Mountain Mama

Rocky Mountain Mama Well-Known Member

We're working with a very small time frame here. If it wasn't CW then it was definitely something premeditated and meticulously planned, if they missed all doorbell and security cams, and got three people out the door unnoticed without a struggle. If it was CW, we have to assume the three didn't leave conscious.

This morning I messaged my husband at work, "Have you ever wondered how long a body has to be dead for a cadaver dog to work?"

I think I had him a little worried for a moment. But I found this article that says:

"In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes. The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation."

If I had to GUESS, I think he somehow got the three of them out in his truck via the attached garage which wouldn't show anything significant on the doorbell camera. And if anyone was dead, dogs would *probably* be able to pick up on that, in his truck and the home.

jenspired, Tora Gahan, Amonet and 8 others like this.
  19. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Oddly enough, my dad would. He's got this awkward nervous chuckle he does, without even realizing it. It used to drive me crazy because he would do it when one of us (mom or 5 daughters) was upset. He just doesn't know how to deal with displays of emotion or social situations very well, so emotional social situations would likely make him feel incredibly awkward and he would smile and nervous chuckle.

To be fair, though, it comes across as nervous, not caviler. I really want to believe this husband is completely innocent of any wrongdoing. I don't believe that deep down, though, I just want to.

I need to remember to be more thankful for what I do have. Honestly, I've looked at the social media in this case and felt more fat, frumpy, poor, and lazy than in a while, and need to remind myself people's lives only look perfect from outside, never from within. I don't have it that bad.

Please let's get some good news soon! This is heartbreaking :(
    Those little girls are so stinking cute!

20. mountainguy777

Boom!

Davia18 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.