Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by moonriverfarm, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

Well, he has not been placed under arrest. So if they think he's a killer, then he could do it again. I'm wondering if they think she left and took the girls and brought them to harm. I don't personally think this is what happened, but...

2. mountainguy777

mountainguy777 Former Member

That’s what crossed my mind too

3. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

Why is there another update at 6? What more will they know in only 2-1/2 hours? Maybe they're closing in on someone.

4. mountainguy777

Another update at 6. That could be his arrest.

HayLouise, Alcina, HulaMum and 9 others like this.
  5. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

They believe the public is not at risk. However, if checking trails, they do suspect something nefarious. I also think they are going through the motions, but building their case. I really hope my gut is right and there will be an arrest soon. Update at Six p.m. Oh well I stay up literally all night so this is my sleepy time, but guess a couple more hours won't hurt to stay awake.

From the interview with her husband, I wonder what her illness is. Does anyone know? If too personal, forget I asked.

I want to have hope...but I try so hard not to, as I feel the heartbreak especially with cases involving children. Oh this is not going to be good....IMHO

6. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Thing is why would she sneak out shoeless with the kids through a back window, without important belongings and her own car, after he went to work. If she wanted to leave, just go.

7. HoldySi

HoldySi Well-Known Member

Though I guess if they're planning to arrest CW, why the check points......

Faith, ilovematt, Hazelnutty and 3 others like this.
  8. mountainguy777

That’s right on.

Hazelnutty and Lore Listener like this.
  9. mountainguy777

I’d like to know if CW has lawyered up yet.

10. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

How do we know she wasn't wearing shoes?

Hazelnutty and TeaTime like this.
  11. Portabella

I think they need to go through his truck toolbox with a fine tooth comb, look for hair or fibers. That is if he has one in his truck. I just have a feeling he backed in to remove the tools to make room for his wife. Its very odd, but the closer a crime happens to your home, the more you feel it. At least that is how I am. I feel for Mollie, for sure. But the closer to home the more it hurts....IMHO

12. mountainguy777

Probably laid tarps down ...

13. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Following the protocol.

14. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I really really want to know if they've taken his truck. I think that would tell us a lot. It wasn't at the house but that doesn't mean much if he isn't staying there I guess.

If it is the husband he isn't likely to do it again though. Because when a husband kills his family he generally only poses a danger to his own family. As long as he doesn't remarry everyone is probably safe.

I know Lupus and then possibly Fibro was mentioned?

Did they specify what kind of check points? Like to find witnesses? To search vehicles?

15. Jo in Calif

Jo in Calif Well-Known Member

Might not able to afford one, might be waiting for his court appointed one.

16. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

It was said no shoes were missing. Regardless whether that true or not true....it makes no sense for her to leave the house surreptitiously without her car and phone, IDs etc. She could just as well have called her good friend Nicole to come get them if she had reason not to take her car.

17. mcdeanie

mcdeanie Member

Someone said they were bothered by the mother-in-law’s statement. I’ve looked and looked but can’t locate that. Could someone help me find it?

18. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

IMO, LE don't do follow-up pressers 2.5 hours later unless there's an active ground search happening and there definitely is not one of those (which IMO is telling as well)

HayLouise, bluenoser, SuziQ and 11 others like this.
  19. Portabella

It has been said that all shoes were remaining at the house. I don't know if this info came from hubby or her friend. Did the kids have a special blanket, pillow or toy they never went anywhere without? Was it left behind. Is her family here in Colorado yet? If he gets arrested and its found that they are gone, with no family living in Colorado, will one of you that are close to her please care for her dog. I know you all are probably sick of hering me and the word dog, but its what I do and who I am, and the dog is also a victim here, a living breathing victim. IMHO

20. mountainguy777

It’s rare for LE to say there’s “no public threat”. They always tiptoe around that by saying “you should always be vigilant” so they don’t have to answer the question. That tells me it’s the husband, family, or she left on her own. IMO ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.