Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by moonriverfarm, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoGirl

ColoGirl Well-Known Member

Yes another press conference at 6 makes me think something big is coming otherwise they would wait until tomorrow for an update ?

2. Jackeee

Jackeee Just one more thing....

Each time Celeste was called CeCe in the presser it made me cry. So endearing. Just saying.

3. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I'm the same way.....I hate it when there are dogs involved. :(

Tora Gahan, cinnya, My2Boys and 11 others like this.
  4. KathrynL

KathrynL Well-Known Member

I believe the PIO said the checkpoints were to hand out fliers, with pictures of Shanann and the girls, after he requested the public's help.

The thing that caught my attention is I thought that he said Shanann was 34 years old. Did anyone else hear it that way?

5. mountainguy777

mountainguy777 Former Member

Even if hairs, dna or anything short of blood was in his truck, that would be normal because it’s his family that would have been in and around his truck before. He could carry their hairs into his truck, etc ...

6. mountainguy777

They live in a pretty nice area.

ZhaZhaHa and WildcatRunner like this.
  7. Rocky Mountain Mama

Rocky Mountain Mama Well-Known Member

I think they were just referring to a supposed friend of SW from North Carolina who chimed in here about their recent visit to NC, and how MIL was flippant about serving her daughters foods they can't tolerate. Said something else about MIL and SILs (I think?) not getting along or liking SW much. As far as I know, the MIL hasn't spoken to anyone about this publicly.

8. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Even if he used a tarp, fiber, hair, skin cells, touch DNA, very good chance something would be left behind in that tool box of her. There was a case years ago where a killer would go in to kill his victims after shaving all his hair, all body hair off, and scrub his skin with brillo in order to not leave behind skin cells, your skin is in a constant state of shed. Living here in Coloraod we shed more skin I believe due to the dry climate. They need to check the tool box. IMHO

9. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

Is this a gas home? Gas appliances etc. sorry if this has been asked.

10. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

"Can't tolerate" means my kid gets a belly ache if they eat tomatoes.
    This MIL was leaving out nuts around a child who can DIE if they eat nuts.
    That is a totally different thing. Attempted murder as far as I'm concerned.

11. drama_farmer

drama_farmer "It's never just a mannequin"

I'm swimming upthread with this, but it's something I noticed. . .
    In a May 7 Instagram Post, she is holding a magazine opened to a spread that features her and her family. The headline is "Time for a Reset"
    I'm guessing it's a "Thrive" or "LeVel" publication. It looks like the standard "my life was crap before I took the leap into this particular MLM scheme, and now, through hard work, perseverance and this fabulous product, I've never been happier," but it may have also attracted unwanted attention.

Here's the photo and the link to it as it appears on her IG. Just a thought, if the "usual suspect" angle doesn't pan out

Attached Files:

HayLouise, EA18G, Minou and 9 others like this.
  12. Portabella

I guess its just me, but I would not think a womans hair, skin cells should be in a tool box in the bottom. My husband has one, and he has this tray thing, so you open it up and there is this red tray thing, then you lift that out and he has bigger equipment below that. There would be no reason for my hair to ever be in the bottom of that box. IMHO

Alcina, PommyMommy, sassyblue and 5 others like this.
  13. mountainguy777

I can’t fathom a dad killing his kids. That’s the sticking point for me. I can see him dropping his kids off somewhere if he was going to hurt Shannan, but not killing them all.

14. mountainguy777

Local news just said it was the friend that called Shannan in as missing, not the husband. For what it’s worth...

15. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

Just in case someone gets antsy and decides he has to sneak the babies away? Do we really know that someone didn’t kill the mom and stash the kids with an accomplice?

I haven’t read every article so if my question is stupid, ;) we can just pretend I never said it, k?

16. mountainguy777

A neighbor was just on tv and he kept just saying “ something just doesn’t smell right”. He said it 4 times.

17. jemjam

jemjam Active Member

They need help but no pictures or physical descriptions for people who might see her or the girls and not have been in the internet? I don’t usually watch tv- is that normal to ask for help and not show a picture
    The only ones I can think of end in the Dad taking their own life, too.

18. ColoGirl

ColoGirl Well-Known Member

People that kill their families rarely get away with it. Not sure why anyone would think they could do it better than their predecessors. How about just leaving instead?

Or maybe she just left on her own accord? Which I doubt, but maybe...

19. Portabella

People kill their children very very often. A woman killed her son and buried him under her trailer in NE Colorado years ago. Family reported, police were notified the child was missing, all channels were done correctly and that little boy lay under that trailer for cannto remember, but a good long time. Why? I don't know, but people do wipe out kids and entire families. We are normal, so we cannot get it, and I am glad I don't get it, but it happens all too often...IMHO (now you know where my trailer idea came from, and this was not a vacant trailer the child was found under, it was occupied....:( 3-year-old Sterling boy not seen for months found dead; mom held – The Denver Post

bluenoser, katydid23, SuziQ and 8 others like this.
  20. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Me either. But you never know. Madeline Jones friends drove her out of state and helped hide her. They only confessed months later right before undergoing a depo.

But I'm kind of falling off the fence in this case. And very sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.