Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by moonriverfarm, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

inmyhumbleopinion and Hazelnutty like this.
  2. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

The PC today....LE, curt and somber, knew already this sicko was guilty.

3. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Innocent Bystander

I wish he had killed himself.

Barnabas, TTF14, katydid23 and 3 others like this.
  4. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

RIP Shanann, Bella, Celeste, and the little one inside his/her mama :(

HayLouise, My2Boys, minusfour and 5 others like this.
  5. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

6. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

Apperantly not. But, at least they will recover bodies. Then let him kill his sorry ass.

mtnlites, TTF14, AnaTeresa and 5 others like this.
  7. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

8. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Especially when she has 2 active toddlers to tend to during her waking hours.

8paws, TTF14 and BrownRice like this.
  9. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Aren't they supposed to arrive in CO tomorrow?

10. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I am quoting myself here. I was not the only one. Most of us old timers on here knew he did it. Many of us had a feeling he would confess. It wasn't knee-jerk stuff. It wasn't cruelty. It was experience. I've been on here since 2004. How long for some of the rest of us? And many of us have been following cases before that.

His demeanor. His body language. His words. The circumstances.

8paws, Bothsides, roteone and 40 others like this.
  11. mountainguy777

mountainguy777 Former Member

I guess we really never know who we are with.

12. Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne Well-Known Member

I'm glad he hasn't killed himself. I hope he doesn't. I hope he lives a long long life in a supermax facility.

Babbakins, CoCoLava, bleuboy and 23 others like this.
  13. RavenCC2020

RavenCC2020 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Same demeanor, same slow monotone voice, the closing of the eyes, the inappropriate laugh, the lack of emotion and engagement came across very clearly to me anyway.

I was thinking they were already dead and packed and ready to go in the garage just waiting for the final package, his wife. Your scenario makes it far easier for him. It would be a done deal and only thing left is taking out his wife and securing her for transport then disposing of her body. If you are right and the children were already gone he would probably have her place ready to just dump, bury her and be off to be at work on time. This brings up the cell phone pinging though. If his daughters were desposed of earlier, no problem, just don't take his phone with him. With his wife it would be harder because he had to continue on to get to work. We know that he had the phone with him because he saw Nicole at the door on his phone. There are only three ways this could go....he made the mistake of shutting off his phone when so he could bury/dump her, 2) He didn't even consider the phone therefore phone records will bore this out which I think is highly unlikely. Most people, even us electronics dummies understand your tracks can be traced by cell phone towers, or 3, he did in fact have a large tool box where he had the body hidden, reported to work just to ensure people saw him there on time, if the use a time clock to punch in. Ditched the phone somewhere on the job site so it appeared he was still there, left the site to dispose of her body and return to work none the wiser. Then waited for Nicole's call telling him that she could not be located. I think that was a big surprise to him. I think he thought once her body was gone it would take much longer for someone to realize she was missing. He in fact intended to make the call later that night when it made since she would have already been home with the girls. Nicole foiled his plan thus he rushed home because now everything was running off script for him.

I am not local but since you are and I believe the bodies will be found between his home and his work, are any of these remote places to be found between Frederic and the oil field he is said to be working at?

I had the exact same to reaction to that choice of words as you did. TOTALLY detached. What I find even more disturbing is that it was said earlier in the thread by a witness that Shanenn confided in that the MIL and SIS were not only distant to her kids, the MIL actually left nuts out knowing one or more of the children could actually die if she consumed one. I am a grandma of two little girls similar in age and I just can't fathom any grandma doing this. She also refused to go over to have an additional visit with them as they were celebrating one of the girls birthdays. That is BIZARRE to me. My ex and I share two grandkids and he lives out of state. He always calls on FT on the girls birthdays and Xmas to "be there" with them because he can't be physically. So grandma and sister in law are detached from the girls and dad is too. Sounds like a heridetary mental illness to me. That is just NOT normal behavior for any of the three.

I pretty much said the same above but wanted to add I couldn't agree with you more about the camera. Camera's are not a common thing people have in my neck of the woods so it would never dawn on me that someone had one and could "catch me" doing something I should not be doing. He did know that camera's were present but obviously not aware of the range of view of his neighbors.

100% correct that this is the normal operating procedure for abuse shelters. I volunteered on a hot line where women seeking help could call in. This was back in the 80's and even then they were very cautious. The call center was not even located in the same building as the shelter due to fears someone could trace the call and discover where their wives were hiding. We had no idea who was registered and being sheltered so we could not divulge this info even if we wanted to.

Also interesting to know that during my training when told about the regulation of not devulging info to anyone INCLUDING police that didn't seem to make sense to me. Yes, younger and dumber and far more trusting. I was told that for several reasons this was imperative not to do. The two most common reasons why? One the abuser had ties with a police officer and they could possibly intervene or at least alert the husband where she was. Second, the abuser was in fact a LE himself and could have a buddy of his calling in on his behalf to check to see if the wife was registered.

Bottom line shelters take their service seriously. It is well known to them that the most dangerous time for a battered woman is when she leaves. Those manning the lines are told to make it crystal clear to women callers that there was no possible way that their abuser could track them down. They took this promise to heart. No woman wants to risk their and their children's safety. No shelter ever wants to be responsible for any women being harmed due to their procedure. It really is a going underground process for women who choose to get out and into a shelter.

14. mountainguy777

mountainguy777 Former Member

They aren’t connecting the bodies with all the police activity in Greeley yet. Active nag like they are seperate things.

15. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

Twitter

kirkassoc, Hazelnutty and gitana1 like this.
  16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

COWARD

17. gitana1

I am PISSED!!!! F this monster. One of those babies even looks exactly like him! How is it possible for a father, a human to do such a thing to little babies like that?

I can't.

8paws, CoCoLava, mellie89 and 33 others like this.
  18. wildmala

wildmala Active Member

There were helicopters flying low north of the Greeley area today, about 45-60 minutes from Frederick, and I wondered if it was related. I’ll be curious to see where they are recovered from.
    So heartbreaking.

19. KathrynL

KathrynL Well-Known Member

Seems family annihilators just want to go on with their lives once they've solved "the problem" .

20. gitana1

Now everyone watch the interview and see the tells and body language and facial expressions and words of a murderer. So it is imprinted on our minds the next time one of these monsters speaks.

8paws, Bothsides, Babbakins and 34 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.