Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many quadcopter companies from amateurish ones to real PROs. A quadcopter is a small RC controlled helicopter with four rotor blades. They are fitted with cameras (regular cameras - since no special gimmicks would be required for a dead girl lying on the top of the ground). Lots of businesses use these for aerial photography/filming. Companies hire quadcopter operators to film their majestic headquarters from the air and put these videos on their homepages. I believe under 2000 Dollars they could sweep the entire marsh land in a couple of hours and take hundreds of pictures.

There are many quadcopter companies from amateurish ones to real PROs. A quadcopter is a small RC controlled helicopter with four rotor blades. They are fitted with cameras (regular cameras - since no special gimmicks would be required for a dead girl lying on the top of the ground). Lots of businesses use these for aerial photography/filming. Companies hire quadcopter operators to film their majestic headquarters from the air and put these videos on their homepages. I believe under 2000 Dollars they could sweep the entire marsh land in a couple of hours and take hundreds of pictures.

Lets make that a technical question: What keeps quadcopters in the air? Rotors! What do rotors? Aside of holding the quadcopter in the air, they also produce air flow on the ground, at least if you bring them so far down to be able to observe small details. What do water surfaces do when they are hit by air flow? The ripple. Thousands and thousands of little ripple wave make it impossible to look into the water.
What do brushes when there is air flow? Leaves, small branches move in the air flow, which forms, if a quadrocopter is over them, a permanent moving pattern making it virtually impossible to see details near to those brushes.
Which are two of the reasons not to use quadrocopters in an area like that. They have their merits in other environments, but as soon, there is something on the ground that moves in any form when it's hit by rotor wind they are useless and you have to go back to something high that doesn't move and to good old glasses.

Peter they are really small things and very effective. Actually Germany is a cradle for RC geeks.

What I'm actually saying is; things that are not done in the first place come back with a vengeance. You (I mean LE) don't pay attention to this girl because she's a "hooker" and when things get messy with ten bodies you call for Blackhawks. I don't want to be rude using words like "appearances".

I guess it was hawkshaw; LE would say to Officer Malia and his dog "Don't do that again (come up with bodies)" Sadly that seems to be the truth.

Peter they are really small things and very effective. Actually Germany is a cradle for RC geeks.

True! What do you think, I leanred about their possibilities and limitations?
What I'm actually saying is; things that are not done in the first place come back with a vengeance. You (I mean LE) don't pay attention to this girl because she's a "hooker" and when things get messy with ten bodies you call for Blackhawks. I don't want to be rude using words like "appearances".

Can we change that to "things that are not done RIGHT in the first place come back with a vengeance" because a lot of things, they did in Suffolk County were not done right, but done "somehow".
I think, the problem sits deeper. Some PDs are in their thinking like 50 years behind. It's not only to not follow up on missing person reports and go the seemingly easy way. It's also a Dormer, who has about SKs as much ideas as a cow about playing the piano but all the time bubbled out things like "we think, there is no SK", followed by "we think, there is only one". I mean, seriously?

I guess it was hawkshaw LE would say to Officer Malia and his dog "Don't do that again (come up with bodies) Sadly that seems to be the truth.

Well, it's mot the first time, especially not in Suffolk Co. They fight hard for the title of the worst PD who can handle an SK investigation (the other leading competitor is still Houston PD aka SK's paradise). Which to a degree also explains what to think about theories, SCPD has anything on the LISK. They don't. Not because they cover up an SK. I believe, they really would like to have something. Only they wouldn't recognize a pattern if it would come and bash them over the head with a baseball bat.

Who said, the crane dug at all? They could have used it as they did use the smaller one at Gilgo Beach: As a higher point of view above the brushes which, opposite to planes and helicopters doesn't move.

Based on this photo from after they were done, and what I know about that area and mosquito ditches in general, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they did some digging in the ditches near where SG's pants and purse were found.
http://www.google.com/mapmaker?ll=4...roducts_maps&utm_source=mapseditbutton_normal

Based on this photo from after they were done, and what I know about that area and mosquito ditches in general, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they did some digging in the ditches near where SG's pants and purse were found.
http://www.google.com/mapmaker?ll=4...roducts_maps&utm_source=mapseditbutton_normal

They brought in more heavy gear, also that amphi tank, that amazed Truthspider so much. So, what do we have? A thin layer of brown fertile ground and then limestone? Can be everything, including moving heavier gear there. It's definitively not one round hole or a number of discrete round holes, but it's spread and flat. Doesn't look like digging. And anyway, why would you dig with a crane if you have anyway a mini-bulldozer brought in already? Wait ... thinking about it, why would you dig anyway with machinery while on the search for small forensic evidence. That would even exceed the degree of ineptness, we'Re used from SCPD ...

The ditch is in shadow, there is no sign of digging. If you zoom out you will notice that the rest of the ditch, as it goes through the town, is also in shadow.

Something else to think about when deciding whether SG took her jeans off herself and either drowned or overdosed without any intervention from a criminal element is this crane.

If there was no criminal involvement in SG's demise why did the SCPD need a crane? If someone's remains or someone's possessions were not intentionally buried by a person, then why on earth would they employ a crane? The police can tell people at a presser that they think she drowned, etc. The SCPD can't deny the fact that they brought in a crane to dig and ordered News12 to cut the video stream once they realized the helicopter was taping the crane's activities. I'll wait for responses from members of the 'SG is not a victim' camp....

I am open to ideas but will be surprised if anyone can come up with a reasonable explanation for the use of a crane in locating someone who died of any cause other than criminal. Before you start, here on long island and the barrier beach for that matter, we don't have landslides, quicksand, or caves.

Good Luck.

Oooo....let me!

The obvious answer is to clear blockages so the area can drain. You can see the standing water right next to it.

This spot that I pointed out is in the area where they were digging with the crane. This aerial image was taken prior to any searches of the marsh. It's a splotch of white sand, which tells me someone dug a pretty deep hole, the first 12 - 15 inches is going to be top soil, brown, black and nutritious. 2 - 5 feet down you hit white sand like this.

Based on the angle of the sun, as judged from shadows of surrounding structures, it is not a hole.

It still makes no sense to me that a cadaver dog wouldn't have found her dead body so close to the house immediately.

decomposing for the all of the neighborhood to smell.

don't tell me a dog wouldn't make it in the brambles either..

unknown cod.

disgraceful on the part of LE.

Because a swamp is full of decomposing things. There is nothing unique about a decomposing human.

The ditch is in shadow, there is no sign of digging. If you zoom out you will notice that the rest of the ditch, as it goes through the town, is also in shadow.

The machine that makes those ditches leaves a trench 24" wide, that after a short time, as weeds grow along it's edges, becomes barely a hint of a line in these pics. The two dark north and south, and the one dark east/ west trenches are much wider(use the 4'x8' plywood laying there for scale)and the weeds that grow over and hide the edges are gone/ covered with fresh mud vs. the undisturbed areas of the ditches just east and west. Someone dug through those spots.

Probably because they didn't seriously believe that she would have run in there. After the call out the logical response for most people would be that she left the scene, and that was why she wasn't around. I doubt that they seriously considered her as possibly being there in until the other girls were found. And even after that, maybe somewhere else down the road in the brush, but not in the swamp where she was found. By then any sweeps like that would have found very little.

The machine that makes those ditches leaves a trench 24" wide, that after a short time, as weeds grow along it's edges, becomes barely a hint of a line in these pics. The two dark north and south, and the one dark east/ west trenches are much wider(use the 4'x8' plywood laying there for scale)and the weeds that grow over and hide the edges are gone/ covered with fresh mud vs. the undisturbed areas of the ditches just east and west. Someone dug through those spots.

The only things there are drainage ditches.

UGH! I searched "Babylon area" CVS's, and presumed they were giving me nearby locations. I'm utterly embarrassed here, I'm clearly not a sleuth-worthy participant, so I'm outta here; imma post a poll, then you won't have Nixon...um, I mean PreciousDust, to kick around anymore.

If my POI (who is, curiously, still dead) turns out to be the guy, I'll come back and brag. Ciao!

Please don't go, Precious. Not now, when we are speculating what the crane was doing out in the marsh. No need to be right here, as the case is at a stalemate.

There are so many cool videos of those quadcopters on YouTube, some equipped with two cameras and operated via ipad. The steady hovering capabilities getting better and better every day. The applications must be endless for LE search-and-recover ops. If we all chip in and donate one of these to SCPD, perhaps they can change up the decals to read SCPD instead of NYPD, and "Beach Patrol" instead of "Street Patrol" and use them in their future investigations:

[video=youtube;-_lyZ0DY5h0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_lyZ0DY5h0&feature=related[/video]

(cut the sound if you don't like eminem)

Perhaps LE was launching one of these toys from the top of the crane to see what was on the surface of the marsh.

If a good cop and his dog pal Blue didn't decide to do a 'why not, what else do I have to do.' errand I think we would still be 'looking' for Shannan. I am surprised that Dormer didn't have the dog killed and the cop sent to a gulag.

Probably because they didn't seriously believe that she would have run in there. After the call out the logical response for most people would be that she left the scene, and that was why she wasn't around. I doubt that they seriously considered her as possibly being there in until the other girls were found. And even after that, maybe somewhere else down the road in the brush, but not in the swamp where she was found. By then any sweeps like that would have found very little.

Tugela; you are missing the point that between the location where GB4 discovered and Shannan's remains there is a whole community with roads, backyards. There's no marsh, no pond. Shannan walking on those grounds means Shannan was safe.

If somebody is to look for an "accidentally drowned Shannan", the direction can not be GB4 discovery site, but simply where she was last seen.

Reg 4Copters; here is a company from Ct.

http://birdseyeviewvideoproductions.com/
Film of aftermath of fire using RC quadcopter with cam - YouTube!

These are videos shot with angle (a little demonstrative and artistic, so to speak)

Same devices can be fitted fit cameras, looking exactly below the chopper. On the Internet I've read an account of an FBI agent, basically he was saying in aerial photography bones say "Come to me".

There was a correct direction and efficient way to look for Shannan.

Men need to take their jobs at least as seriously as Blue.

Tugela; you are missing the point that between the location where GB4 discovered and Shannan's remains there is a whole community with roads, backyards. There's no marsh, no pond. Shannan walking on those grounds means Shannan was safe.

If somebody is to look for an "accidentally drowned Shannan", the direction can not be GB4 discovery site, but simply where she was last seen.

Reg 4Copters; here is a company from Ct.

http://birdseyeviewvideoproductions.com/
Film of aftermath of fire using RC quadcopter with cam - YouTube!

These are videos shot with angle (a little demonstrative and artistic, so to speak)

Same devices can be fitted fit cameras, looking exactly below the chopper. On the Internet I've read an account of an FBI agent, basically he was saying in aerial photography bones say "Come to me".

There was a correct direction and efficient way to look for Shannan.

Men need to take their jobs at least as seriously as Blue.

That's one neat toy! But look (in the birdsye view) on pic #3. Do you see, how all the higher grass points away from the copter?

That's one neat toy! But look (in the birdsye view) on pic #3. Do you see, how all the higher grass points away from the copter?

Yeah, I do. I see what you mean. Still, one can do some coo' coo' lampin' with a toy like that. Amazing!

PB, I am still reading up on paradoxical undressing, terminal burrowing, environs, hypothermia, etc. There is so much online it's both daunting and wonderful. Do you have any research that touches upon the length of time one moves from one mode of an indisputable indomitable and vociferous desire to survive to one of presumed terminal burrowing and a willingness to die? What we do know is that SG wanted to survive. It's on record. How long between these two states? (if i find something, i will post, too; just thought you had something on this already. if so, thnx in advance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member