Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I know nothing about a site called "Mindwhisper." MB? JB? There are several JB characters in this story. All three are as good as any, including, but not least, the police official. And for all we know it could have been woman from Arizona that was passing through NY and decided to kill some gals. Who knows.

Listen, you folks know where I am coming from and why I post here - it is no secret. It also means that my thoughts are not valid.

Hawkshaw

I think you meant to say your thoughts are not without bias, yes? --- Because imo they certainly ARE valid and
valuable!

LOL, I think I got swept up in a double negative. Yes, I do have a bias and I assure you that to best of my ability to separate my well known bias with the truth - as I see it. Thanx for the kind words.

SG mom is suing. Is John Ray entitled to the taped 911 call made by SG?

As per Newsday link below, the new autopsy has been completed and Shannan will be buried the day after tomorrow. John Ray offers no comments about the results of the autopsy, but that doesn't necessarily mean too much - Michael Baden is a television personality and would presumably reserve the right to reveal the details himself. Shannan's family didn't raise the 5k they wanted, but did get halfway there (you can still link to the Go Fund Me page from the prior story).
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...pendent-autopsy-family-lawyer-says-1.10038735

That's really sad. After two or three months, they have only raised $375!

If the article states they raised $375 - that is not an accurate accounting.
They initially started this fund a few years ago and I gave $400 Thanksgiving 2012.
I sent my check to John Ray. I hope it helped the case. I really do.

At the time the family was seeking $400 to start a foundation in Shannan's name.
I thought a foundation in Shannan's name could do a lot of good to
girls that are commercially sexually exploited by anyone and everyone who will exploit
children sexually, as Shannan was, and so it was my pleasure to give the initial start up cost.
I can only imagine that this case has cost John Ray a pretty penny in more ways than you can imagine.
Law suits cost money, the court costs money, everything costs money.

Now I don't really understand why her mother would choose to bury her remains in Amityville... Or anywhere on Long Island for that matter. Doesn't her family live upstate...?

Now I don't really understand why her mother would choose to bury her remains in Amityville... Or anywhere on Long Island for that matter. Doesn't her family live upstate...?
Maybe the plot was donated.

<snip>

That finding was called into question Monday, when Dr. Michael Baden, former chief medical examiner of New York City, and a Fox News contributor, examined Gilbert's skeletonized remains inside a Nassau County funeral home at the request of her family.

Baden observed the hyoid bone -- a small horseshoe-shaped bone in the neck -- had a "rough edge" on one side, suggesting a fracture. He is conducting further testing on the bone and is seeking original crime scene and medical examiner photos and X-rays for analysis. A fracture to the hyoid bone is a hallmark sign of a strangulation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/1...erial-killers-dumping-ground-likely-murdered/

<snip>

...Gilbert's thyroid cartilage was missing from the remains Baden examined, but the original examination does not report it as missing, Baden said. And a small, circular hole was found in the center of the hyoid bone, a marking Baden called unusual and warranting further analysis.

Baden is also ordering a "diatom test," which may determine whether Gilbert drowned. The test was never done on Gilbert, who was found face up and about a half a mile from her torn jeans, cellphone and pocketbook.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/1...erial-killers-dumping-ground-likely-murdered/

Maybe they'll be monitoring the site to see who comes by.

So the first ME did a botched job. Does anyone remember posters talking about SG missing hyoid bone?. I wonder where that originated? THIS WHOLE THING STINKS. Im glad the Gilbert family stuck to their guns.

It was reported a couple of times that GC said SG ran into the marsh. He never said that.

SG didn't scream for help in that 23 911 call she made. If you don't believe me then you should read the Newsday letter one of the investigating detectives wrote to the paper. Like I said in another post: Maybe it was an Accidental Murder.....Four other gals were found to be murdered and they all advertised on Craigslist. But we don't know if they went to Gilgo to meet a customer, but we do know SG did, and she is dead, but she wasn't murdered. It gets better because JB said she was three for 3 hours and NEVER had sex with her. Maybe SG was a world class chess player and JB wanted to play chess with her?

Just about the same time another gal went missing off a boat off the coast of LI. She was found dead 12 hours later. She was on a 45' boat with her husband and he went down to the galley and when he came up she was GONE. Check that story out and then check out who he was connected with at one of his family's business connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong