Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seaslug, I saw the video of the flight attendant who had a break with reality this morning and thought of SG because it was reported that the woman is bi-polar and hadn't taken her meds. I had no idea how individuals who are bi-polar can have such a severe reality break without their meds. It is sad that SG had to struggle with this mental illness.

moo

wm

I was diagnosed with Bi-polar in my early teens & ive been on various medications with various results, I take my meds religiously & would never miss them but theres been a few times were ive completely flown off the handle & lost it. One of those times was when I went out with some friends, I had 2 G&Ts & I went into one of my episodes, I tryed to throw myself out of the bars first floor window, I was screaming & crying at my friends, thinking they were all trying to harm me, I dont remember too much about this night but all my friends have told me I looked like I was scared s**tless. I was sectioned for 48 hours after this incident. Now obviously I dont drink with my meds as that could be a trigger but ive had episodes when I havent been drinking too. I was just wondering about SG, could drink or drugs have triggered something? or mabye she had an episode randomly?

I was diagnosed with Bi-polar in my early teens & ive been on various medications with various results, I take my meds religiously & would never miss them but theres been a few times were ive completely flown off the handle & lost it. One of those times was when I went out with some friends, I had 2 G&Ts & I went into one of my episodes, I tryed to throw myself out of the bars first floor window, I was screaming & crying at my friends, thinking they were all trying to harm me, I dont remember too much about this night but all my friends have told me I looked like I was scared s**tless. I was sectioned for 48 hours after this incident. Now obviously I dont drink with my meds as that could be a trigger but ive had episodes when I havent been drinking too. I was just wondering about SG, could drink or drugs have triggered something? or mabye she had an episode randomly?

Thank you nicola0001 for sharing your personal experience. It really helps to understand what someone having an episode is going through. It sure sounds possible that SG was having an episode while in JB's house on the phone with 911. Not saying she didn't meet up with foul play after she ran out of JB's but an episode would explain her panic.

Thank you nicola0001 for sharing your personal experience. It really helps to understand what someone having an episode is going through. It sure sounds possible that SG was having an episode while in JB's house on the phone with 911. Not saying she didn't meet up with foul play after she ran out of JB's but an episode would explain her panic.

Thanks Trosce, its not something I really like to tell people, but when I heard about SG it really sounded like some sort of episode. Also seeing something in the flat could have also triggered something, Sometimes with bio-polar we dont react normally to certain stressors & we can flip 10x worse when faced with certain problems/threats. I do think something bad happened in that flat though.

Sometimes I wonder if the narrative, the sequence of events (in news reports) as given by "witnesses" that night, is really what happened, re: Shannan running through the neighborhood, from point A to point B to point C, etc. There's no real evidentiary documentation, other than the 911 call she made, right?

Remember that strange video on youtube saying CPH is the killer? Well, there is a new one up from a different youtube account. I think this is a different video, I can't find the other one now. Search long island serial killer 2012 on youtube.

Mari Gilbert posted on Shannan's facebook site yesterday that she's praying for a "truthful decision" on Shannan's death.

Sounds like she's a bit skeptical about Suffolk law enforcement.

The question that is eating me up about SG is, Why didn't the SK dump SG in the same cluster as the rest? So follow me here.
1. He kills MBB in July 07, dumps body beside the road. (1st GB4 location)
2. He kills MB in July 09, dumps body beside the road. (2nd GB4 location)
3. He kills SG in May 10, dumps body beside the road. (not part of GB4)
4. He kills MW in June 10, dumps body beside the road. (3rd GB4 location)
5. He kills ALC in Sept. 10, dumps body beside the road. (4th GB4 location)
Why is SG not put in the same place as the rest of the GB4? It does not add up. Thus my conclusion , the killer of the GB4 is NOT the killer of SG. (If she was even murdered at all, if the ME report comes out at all, lool)

Maybe the SK was so drugged up he got confused, scared or he just wanted to confuse LE. IMHO the SK lives or has a secluded building within 3-10 miles from the dumpsites.

Gilbert's remains not yet released & still no cause of death.

I was thinking though...we have not heard any reports of anyone else's home or property being searched in the Oak Beach community.

Does that mean police are probably still focused on Brewer or Hackett?

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this article gives an excellent account of what happened that night.
excerpt from:
True Crime
Long Island Murder Mystery
By:
David Swanson
As Coletti recalls, the police arrived later that morning for a cursory checkup, but it was months before they took up the search in earnest. “It wasn’t until the middle of August that a detective from missing persons knocked on my door and said, ‘We’re looking for Shannan Gilbert, and we would like to know from you what she was wearing,’ ” says Coletti. “So I told them all I knew, and then I asked, ‘Why four months later?’ ”

This is a question that has hung over the entire case. The police were out at Oak Beach about an hour after Shannan’s disappearance, and Gilbert’s family filed a missing-persons report two days later. The Gilberts even went down to Oak Beach to pass out flyers and talk to neighbors, but it seemed that the authorities were dragging their feet.

Read the full article here:
http://www.maxim.com/true-crime/long-island-murder-mystery

I would not be so quick to blame Suffolk County PD for the four month delay in researching her missing person's report. It has been well established that the report had to be filed by one of her family members and they had to do it in Jersey City where SG resided.

Do we know exactly who from SG's family travelled to New Jersey to file the report (and exactly when the report was filed)?

Do we know how long the Jersey City (or New Jersey State) police took to contact Suffolk County PD about her missing person's case?

Also, when did Mari become aware of SG's 911 call (and did she learn about it from a police agency or from MP or AD?)?

Regardless of the excuses and criticism of the family, waiting 4 months to start investigating a missing person case with a frantic 911 call associated to it is totally unacceptable. The fact that Fitzpatrick has now rewritten the story tells me how this "new" investigation is going to go. (I'm referring to his statements that they diligently and continuously searched for Shannan after she disappeared.)

Regardless of the excuses and criticism of the family, waiting 4 months to start investigating a missing person case with a frantic 911 call associated to it is totally unacceptable. The fact that Fitzpatrick has now rewritten the story tells me how this "new" investigation is going to go. (I'm referring to his statements that they diligently and continuously searched for Shannan after she disappeared.)
Yes, and he was the top dog in Homicide when SG went missing.

The question that is eating me up about SG is, Why didn't the SK dump SG in the same cluster as the rest? So follow me here.
1. He kills MBB in July 07, dumps body beside the road. (1st GB4 location)
2. He kills MB in July 09, dumps body beside the road. (2nd GB4 location)
3. He kills SG in May 10, dumps body beside the road. (not part of GB4)
4. He kills MW in June 10, dumps body beside the road. (3rd GB4 location)
5. He kills ALC in Sept. 10, dumps body beside the road. (4th GB4 location)
Why is SG not put in the same place as the rest of the GB4? It does not add up. Thus my conclusion , the killer of the GB4 is NOT the killer of SG. (If she was even murdered at all, if the ME report comes out at all, lool)

Nutzger,

It's because her body was held elsewhere and dumped AFTER the other bodies were found.

I am confident that her body wasn't there. The Blackhawk Helicopter with the classified camera was directly over that spot in April 2011. Yet they only identified 11 targets of interest just North of that location. If her body was there in April 2011, the classified camera would have picked it up!

And don't let anyone fool you about the body being underwater. It wasn't!!! That's Malarkey! (Doesn't sound as good without Dormer in charge).

from Gilbert's FB

‎"Footprints in the Sand" – the story of Shannan Gilbert will air Monday April 9th at 9:00 PM ET on the Discovery ID channel.

While reseaching somthing else, I found this info about when and how the search for Shannan was actually conducted prior to Dec 2010, an issue, which I belive has been unclear to many of us:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Am...ng-Island-killer-investigation-120192239.html

Published Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"The police were looking for Shannan Gilbert (24), a prostitute from Jersey City. She had advertised her services on Craigslist and have been last seen in the area in May.

In June Mallia was asked by the department's missing persons bureau to search for Gilbert. He said "I assumed we would find her…I assumed she was dead. Nobody had a clue.” Mallia and Blue spent the summer searching the gated community where she was last seen. Their searches came to nothing."

(more interesting details in the link)

"Mallia and Blue spent the summer searching the gated community where she was last seen. Their searches came to nothing."

The Foreignor,
That leads me to believe that Shannan's body wasn't there at the time. Right? Do you think the same thing? That dog would have gone ape shingles if he sensed human remains or her belongings in that swamp.

"Mallia and Blue spent the summer searching the gated community where she was last seen. Their searches came to nothing."

The Foreignor,
That leads me to believe that Shannan's body wasn't there at the time. Right? Do you think the same thing? That dog would have gone ape shingles if he sensed human remains or her belongings in that swamp.

my guess is that it can easily be said that dog didnt go into the marsh?
I thought the same thing though.

The Foreignor,

I would tend to think so yes, however I don´t know enough about how thise dogs work to say that I´m sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member