Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call #2

I am pretty sure Brewer had no legal right to hold up the release of the tape. He might have if he went to court and had a Judge stop the release based on the fact the tape was prejudicial to Brewer's interests. But that did not happen.
Regardless of what was on the 911 tape, most people have already made up their opinion of Brewer's character and worth. Nothing on the tape would change that.IMO
Interesting, I've never heard of a case where 911 calls were withheld for this reason. Do you think John Ray was told this by LE simply as an excuse to not release the tape?

I should have known, no matter how much I emphasized that I was discussing a hypothetical that I had just made up as an example, that this would happen.

John Ray's tape is not the same one played Friday, as implied by John Ray at his press conference, and I believe him. I don't know how the tapes differ, just that it's a big story that they do differ. It could be the biggest story involving the release of the tape, even if there's a relatively benign explanation for it, and with no additional hypothetical examples forthcoming.

John Ray's tape is not the same one played Friday, as implied by John Ray at his press conference, and I believe him. I don't know how the tapes differ, just that it's a big story that they do differ. It could be the biggest story involving the release of the tape, even if there's a relatively benign explanation for it, and with no additional hypothetical examples forthcoming.

I can't imagine that John Ray is talking about a different tape. The released audio of the 911 call is exactly 22 minutes and 42 seconds long. When we look at Shannan's call log, we see that 911 call, placed at 4:51am, using 23 minutes. Phone logs only show minutes (not seconds) and round up. So, the most that we could (potentially) have omitted is roughly 18 seconds of missing audio.

The call does end rather abruptly, so perhaps there was something at the tail end that we are missing, but I think the main takeaway is that John Ray over exaggerated his claims that this 911 call would be some smoking gun. He spent the last few years talking this call up, and promising it shows irrefutable proof that Shannan was murdered. The call was finally released (perhaps also not something he ever expected), people are not hearing definite proof of anything, so now he's covering his tracks.

I can't imagine that John Ray is talking about a different tape. The released audio of the 911 call is exactly 22 minutes and 42 seconds long. When we look at Shannan's call log, we see that 911 call, placed at 4:51am, using 23 minutes. Phone logs only show minutes (not seconds) and round up. So, the most that we could (potentially) have omitted is roughly 18 seconds of missing audio.

The call does end rather abruptly, so perhaps there was something at the tail end that we are missing, but I think the main takeaway is that John Ray over exaggerated his claims that this 911 call would be some smoking gun. He spent the last few years talking this call up, and promising it shows irrefutable proof that Shannan was murdered. The call was finally released (perhaps also not something he ever expected), people are not hearing definite proof of anything, so now he's covering his tracks.

I concur.....

I've read or seen that Gus Coletti's call to 911 came in around 5:22am?
Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't that make Shannan's call longer than 22-23 minutes, more like 30+ mins if she first called at 4:51?
Maybe I am missing something or Coletti's call/ info reported incorrect or at a different time.

I've read or seen that Gus Coletti's call to 911 came in around 5:22am?
Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't that make Shannan's call longer than 22-23 minutes, more like 30+ mins if she first called at 4:51?
Maybe I am missing something or Coletti's call/ info reported incorrect or at a different time.
Shannan's we know, for a fact, was at 4:51am and 22-23 minutes long, just because we do have access to her actual phone records. I'm not sure when Coletti's call came in and I am having trouble finding a source for a time, but I'll keep looking!

At 19:49 dispatch says “there’s a shield on the car” why is nobody talking about this
I mentioned it, heard it on my first listen to the 911 but I thought it was Shannon saying it. Someone corrected me and said it was the operator. Maybe they were discussing her not knowing who to trust if a police car was sent?

In his defense, Ray lists a lot of other conflicting evidence & statements from LE about SG's death. The length of her 911 is just one of many problems with the LE investigation.

Similar issues with 911 tapes exist in the Rebecca Zahau death investigation that still haven't been explained over 11 yrs later. Incriminating evidence can exist in a few seconds of deleted recording. There's also the conflicts between SG's behavior, voice, etc. on the recording vs. LE's description of the same.

IMO, The biggest red flag in this investigation is PH and his multiple phone calls to SG's mother and LE, admitting that she was at his home and he gave her medication of some sort, etc. All are extremely obvious signs of a criminal inserting himself into an investigation of a missing person. Who does that?

Last edited:
I mentioned it, heard it on my first listen to the 911 but I thought it was Shannon saying it. Someone corrected me and said it was the operator. Maybe they were discussing her not knowing who to trust if a police car was sent?

yeah i was wondering if they were trying to get an unmarked unit out there, maybe like you said it would spook her less
to me the more interesting part of this is that both BAU in Quantico and an independent Psychiatrists both listened to this tape and both came away with the final assessment that it wasn't a violent crime, i get people not trusting Suffolk County PD but Quantico has no dog in this fight so to speak

Last edited:
yeah i was wondering if they were trying to get an unmarked unit out there, maybe like you said it would spook her less
to me the more interesting part of this is that both BAU in Quantico and an independent Psychiatrists both listened to this tape and both came away with the final assessment that it wasn't a violent crime, i get people not trusting Suffolk County PD but Quantico has no dog in this fight so to speak

Quantico didn't do any favors in the Colonial Parkway murders, either. IIRC they had DNA (from the Thomas and Dowski murders) that went untested for a number of years. But, then again, maybe they did have a dog in that fight? 'Just sayin'.

imo

Quantico didn't do any favors in the Colonial Parkway murders, either. IIRC they had DNA (from the Thomas and Dowski murders) that went untested for a number of years. But, then again, maybe they did have a dog in that fight? 'Just sayin'.

imo
i just don't know enough about the Colonial Parkway murders to give you a reply, its not a case iv ever looked at myself

my PM's are always open to everyone you can shoot me one if you want and explain what the cross over is here

i just don't know enough about the Colonial Parkway murders to give you a reply, its not a case iv ever looked at myself

my PM's are always open to everyone you can shoot me one if you want and explain what the cross over is here

I think I simply have a general distrust for any officials related to Gilgo/SG case/s. So, my comment about the Colonial Pkwy murders doesn't really apply. No worries.

In his defense, Ray lists a lot of other conflicting evidence & statements from LE about SG's death. The length of her 911 is just one of many problems with the LE investigation.

With the release of Ray's court-submitted 911 tape transcript, we can put to rest the idea that Ray was talking about a different recording. The transcript submitted as evidence in his motion to release the call (October 2020) matches the contents of the SCPD released audio exactly. It also begins/ends at the same points.

Ping the Router said, "to me the more interesting part of this is that both BAU in Quantico and an independent Psychiatrists both listened to this tape and both came away with the final assessment that it wasn't a violent crime,"

What was not a violent crime? The events prior to and during the 911 call. I agree.
What happened after the 911 call ended? I am not so sure

What were the BAU and Psychiatrists actually describing as not a violent crime?

Ping the Router said, "to me the more interesting part of this is that both BAU in Quantico and an independent Psychiatrists both listened to this tape and both came away with the final assessment that it wasn't a violent crime,"

What was not a violent crime? The events prior to and during the 911 call. I agree.
What happened after the 911 call ended? I am not so sure

What were the BAU and Psychiatrists actually describing as not a violent crime?

Not OP, but this was the official statement as per BAU's assessment:

BAU’s opinion, based on their review of the case, the scene, the 911 calls and the psychiatrist’s review of the case is that Gilbert’s death is not consistent with her being the victim of violence or of a violent offender.

Shannan's we know, for a fact, was at 4:51am and 22-23 minutes long, just because we do have access to her actual phone records. I'm not sure when Coletti's call came in and I am having trouble finding a source for a time, but I'll keep looking!

"Then she runs out the door. Gilbert's 911 call ends.

That's when Colletti calls 911. It was 5:22 a.m. The neighbor said Gilbert was "running around here screaming and there's some guy trying to follow her."

The man following her was her driver, Pak. Colletti saw them near the gate to exit the Oak Beach Association. He told 911 he'd keep watching until officers arrived."

With the release of Ray's court-submitted 911 tape transcript, we can put to rest the idea that Ray was talking about a different recording. The transcript submitted as evidence in his motion to release the call (October 2020) matches the contents of the SCPD released audio exactly. It also begins/ends at the same points.

There are many other reasons to question, many other problems with evidence that Ray has discussed that indicate SG died under suspicious circumstances. I've listed some of them already. Minutiae over seconds on the 911 call are not part of that. The questions haven't been answered. The conclusion logically needs to be questioned. JMO

"Then she runs out the door. Gilbert's 911 call ends.

That's when Colletti calls 911. It was 5:22 a.m. The neighbor said Gilbert was "running around here screaming and there's some guy trying to follow her."

The man following her was her driver, Pak. Colletti saw them near the gate to exit the Oak Beach Association. He told 911 he'd keep watching until officers arrived."

If this reporting is accurate, then it's interesting that he waited so long to make his own call. I'll have to re-read some of the depositions and affidavits to see if this has been previously addressed.

There are many other reasons to question, many other problems with evidence that Ray has discussed that indicate SG died under suspicious circumstances. I've listed some of them already. Minutiae over seconds on the 911 call are not part of that. The questions haven't been answered. The conclusion logically needs to be questioned. JMO
I agree. My point is that we can know definitively that the 911 calls are not part of that. It has been speculated that Ray listened to a different recording, or the released SCPD call was somehow edited or altered. At least those claims can be laid to rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back