Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll never know what really happened without knowing the contents of the 911 call. But what is known for sure is that her body was found in close proximity to the GB4. If you believe that that is purely coincidence, I’ve got a really nice bridge—it’s used, but in excellent condition— that you might be interested in purchasing...

The Gilgo Beach 4 were found in close proximity, 500’ apart from each other, Shannan Gilbert was found miles east, almost toward the end of the parkway, on the opposite side of the road. Shannan Gilbert was not wrapped in burlap like the others. Shannan Gilbert’s cause of death could not be determined as strangulation like the Gilgo Beach 4. Shannan Gilbert was already on Ocean Parkway when she died, the Gilgo Beach 4 were dumped there.

The circumstances between Shannan Gilbert and the Gilgo Beach 4 are very different, except for the fact that they were all sex workers.

We have a pretty good idea of what happened to Shannan Gilbert without the 911 call.

Last edited:
If you start listening to all that is out there regarding the 911 call you would hear certain dribbles of information about what was being said when the call was made. Folks are itching to get it out there......give it time.

It seems that the new belt evidence is linked to the crime scene of Maureen Brainard Barnes. This would link this piece of evidence to Unsub.

Attachments

• 75C41703-50A3-445D-BBBC-5E2C7CF9B513.jpeg
    75C41703-50A3-445D-BBBC-5E2C7CF9B513.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 21
I haven't seen a connection to BARNES, but have no doubt you have and know what you are talking about. The question is how incompetent do you think they are they would leave this information out there for anyone with meager technical skills could find. Why wouldn't they just put the belt to a crime scene if they were going to put this BS on the Internet?

I haven't seen a connection to BARNES, but have no doubt you have and know what you are talking about. The question is how incompetent do you think they are they would leave this information out there for anyone with meager technical skills could find. Why wouldn't they just put the belt to a crime scene if they were going to put this BS on the Internet?

Hi Hawkshaw.. it seems that the references to Barnes in the file names have since been removed.

Hi Hawkshaw.. it seems that the references to Barnes in the file names have since been removed.
Hmmmm, I wonder why? They don't seem to be the sharpest tools in the shed...... I always believed this case could be solved if someone wanted it to be solved. Too much cross connections to too many people which would lead to too many questions.

The Gilgo Beach 4 were found in close proximity, 500’ apart from each other, Shannan Gilbert was found miles east, almost toward the end of the parkway, on the opposite side of the road. Shannan Gilbert was not wrapped in burlap like the others. Shannan Gilbert’s cause of death could not be determined as strangulation like the Gilgo Beach 4. Shannan Gilbert was already on Ocean Parkway when she died, the Gilgo Beach 4 were dumped there.

The circumstances between Shannan Gilbert and the Gilgo Beach 4 are very different, except for the fact that they were all sex workers.

We have a pretty good idea of what happened to Shannan Gilbert without the 911 call.
“...Except for the fact that they are sex workers.”
Really? O.k...

Well what percentage of the general population are sex workers? And what percentage of those are between the ages of 20 and 30? And what percentage of those go missing, and then ultimately are recovered...in Gilgo Beach? Recovered (collectively) all within a radius of just a few miles from each other...
Don’t you see how silly it is to believe that they are not connected to each other, just from that perspective alone? Ultimately, Shannan Gilbert’s fate ended up being exactly like the other girls, who were also just like her. The only diffetence is that she was able to call 911 while she was still alive.

“...Except for the fact that they are sex workers.”
Really? O.k...

Well what percentage of the general population are sex workers? And what percentage of those are between the ages of 20 and 30? And what percentage of those go missing, and then ultimately are recovered...in Gilgo Beach? Recovered (collectively) all within a radius of just a few miles from each other...
Don’t you see how silly it is to believe that they are not connected to each other, just from that perspective alone? Ultimately, Shannan Gilbert’s fate ended up being exactly like the other girls, who were also just like her. The only diffetence is that she was able to call 911 while she was still alive.

I’m sorry. I don’t believe Shannan Gilbert was killed by the same person as the Gilgo Beach 4.

I believe she was a victim of involuntary manslaughter. I believe that she was given medication by Peter Hackett that caused her to subsequently become unresponsive in Michael Pak’s SUV, and that Michael Pak panicked leaving her in the marsh, and then left her belongings in the vicinity of Pete Hackett’s house.

I don’t believe she ran off into the night at Oak Beach and stumbled onto the same killer in the brambles like a scene out of a horror movie.

I’ve read and watched everything I possibly can regarding this case, and based on that information I’ve formulated a theory about what happened. I’m not sure my theories are correct and wish I could see more evidence. The reason I post these theories is in hope to discuss them with other people and see if they might be plausible, or someone else can provide more evidence to substantiate them, or fill in something logical that I may have missed.

If you have a theory I’m open to hear it and discuss it with you.

I want to see Unsub caught and brought to justice.

Hmmmm, I wonder why? They don't seem to be the sharpest tools in the shed...... I always believed this case could be solved if someone wanted it to be solved. Too much cross connections to too many people which would lead to too many questions.

I like your theory regarding the case. I believe there is definitely a nefarious group of powerful or well connected people protecting themselves from the implications of what happened to Shannan Gilbert in Oak Beach that night.

Whether or not their drug fueled sex parties throughout the decades led to murder I don’t know. But the fact that a killer or two have been using their backyard as a dumping ground most surely shook them up.

I think sooner or later they are going to get back to Jim Bisset as the prime suspect. He's dead and a lot of time has passed where his connections to other POI's can be hard to prove.

There is not much information regarding James Bisset other than he had access to burlap and committed suicide two days after Shannan was found.

There is not much information regarding James Bisset other than he had access to burlap and committed suicide two days after Shannan was found.
SG attorney John Ray has gone on record alleging that he has evidence proving that Bisset had been a client of Shannan’s. He’s also gone on record claiming to have a deposition from more than one witness putting Burke and Bisett together in a local club/bar on more than one occasion. Also, there have been (unsubstantiated) claims of incriminating evidence (photos) related to GB4 found in his office in a safe.

SG attorney John Ray has gone on record alleging that he has evidence proving that Bisset had been a client of Shannan’s. He’s also gone on record claiming to have a deposition from more than one witness putting Burke and Bisett together in a local club/bar on more than one occasion. Also, there have been (unsubstantiated) claims of incriminating evidence (photos) related to GB4 found in his office in a safe.

Do you have any sources documenting this?

Please let me know what your theory is.

Last edited:

Do you think that James Bisset or James Burke could have made the calls to Melissa Barthelemy and Sara Karnes?

Do you have any sources documenting this?

Please let me know what your theory is.
John Ray’s allegations can be found in the contents of the LISK: Long Island Serial Killer podcast. There are a total of three interviews, two of which are quite lengthy (approx. 30 min. each) one which is specifically about the 911 call (which is about ten to 15 min). You would need to listen to all of them (and you should), as I can’t remember exactly which interview contains the info that I mentioned. The 911 call interview is very important in relation to Ray refuting (which is about the only thing he is legally allowed to do in relation to contents of call based on judge’s gag order) specifics of SCPD’s official remarks about the contents of the call...
My theory about Shannan Gilbert’s murder is that she most likely discovered/realized that she was about to be tortured/murdered just like the GB4, or discovered something (photos, video etc.) that led her to believe that the person/persons that she was in the company of (at Brewer’s house most likely, or at least initially) were at least capable of similar atrocities, and that she was horrified at whatever it was she discovered (or feared she was about to be, or at least could be subjected to).

John Ray’s allegations can be found in the contents of the LISK: Long Island Serial Killer podcast. There are a total of three interviews, two of which are quite lengthy (approx. 30 min. each) one which is specifically about the 911 call (which is about ten to 15 min). You would need to listen to all of them (and you should), as I can’t remember exactly which interview contains the info that I mentioned. The 911 call interview is very important in relation to Ray refuting (which is about the only thing he is legally allowed to do in relation to contents of call based on judge’s gag order) specifics of SCPD’s official remarks about the contents of the call...
My theory about Shannan Gilbert’s murder is that she most likely discovered/realized that she was about to be tortured/murdered just like the GB4, or discovered something (photos, video etc.) that led her to believe that the person/persons that she was in the company of (at Brewer’s house most likely, or at least initially) were at least capable of similar atrocities, and that she was horrified at whatever it was she discovered (or feared she was about to be, or at least could be subjected to).

Thank you. I’m going to listen to the podcasts.

I agree that Shannan Gilbert experienced something at Joseph Brewer’s house that put her in fear for her life.

I’m curious as to why she suddenly distrusted Michael Pak who had been her driver for quite some time, and would normally be the person she could go to to remove herself from a dangerous situation.

Another thing that I’m curious about is Peter Hackett’s involvement, and the fact that he called Mari Gilbert to inquire about Shannan Gilbert’s whereabouts and well-being after the incident on May 1, 2010.

During an interview on 48 Hours Moriarty states to Peter Hackett, “You called Mari on your wife's cell phone on the third on that Monday when Mari said you called."

Peter Hackett is then quoted as saying, “Yeah, I'm sure I did. When you give ... look let me not get into it.”

Could he have been about to say, “medical assistance” or “medical treatment”?

This leads me to believe that Peter Hackett treated Shannan Gilbert with some type of medication that morning.

Also, Shannan Gilbert went to Joseph Brewer’s house with a driver. The Gilgo Beach 4 went to Unsub who was waiting close by in a car, and they did not follow the same safety precautions as Shannan did.

Thank you. I’m going to listen to the podcasts.

I agree that Shannan Gilbert experienced something at Joseph Brewer’s house that put her in fear for her life.

I’m curious as to why she suddenly distrusted Michael Pak who had been her driver for quite some time, and would normally be the person she could go to to remove herself from a dangerous situation.

Another thing that I’m curious about is Peter Hackett’s involvement, and the fact that he called Mari Gilbert to inquire about Shannan Gilbert’s whereabouts and well-being after the incident on May 1, 2010.

During an interview on 48 Hours Moriarty states to Peter Hackett, “You called Mari on your wife's cell phone on the third on that Monday when Mari said you called."

Peter Hackett is then quoted as saying, “Yeah, I'm sure I did. When you give ... look let me not get into it.”

Could he have been about to say, “medical assistance” or “medical treatment”?

This leads me to believe that Peter Hackett treated Shannan Gilbert with some type of medication that morning.

Also, Shannan Gilbert went to Joseph Brewer’s house with a driver. The Gilgo Beach 4 went to Unsub who was waiting close by in a car, and they did not follow the same safety precautions as Shannan did.
Again, without knowing the contents of the 911 call (i.e. not knowing what information, if any, SG verbally communicated to 911 dispatch), it is impossible to know for sure why she became fearful of her driver Michael Pak. But she clearly felt compelled to call 911, and was also compelled to run, choosing to not stay in one specific location. The inclination to bang on the doors of strangers (at 5:30 am) to appeal for help is a clear example of a last resort act of desperation; it also implies that she does not trust Pak, the driver (her employee, actually) who brought her there, and is fleeing from him, and possibly other unknown subject(s).

Just because Brewer’s and Pak’s stories gel (now), doesn’t necessarily mean that the events as they describe them are the events that actually occurred. SG could have relayed not only a tremendous amount of information during that 23 minute phone call of sheer desperation, and as John Ray has characterized in refute of SCPD’s claims to the contrary, clearly conveyed fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member