Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>
<modsnip - personalizing>

@WINDSOR Answering your question regarding "when the release date for the 911 tapes is scheduled"

I believe it has come and gone November 1, 2018, was the date the court order came down with 20 days and no one has had compliance as of yet.

I believe the tapes may have been destroyed. I wish Suffolk would just admit this so we can put it to rest.

I have tried to work around this the best I can. I have assumed we will never have access to the tapes.

EDNY is on a warpath over T-Mobile and that weirdo Chinese telecom company. DOJ was out in full force with the FBI today and EDNY. Sometimes I like to pretend because some of these carriers are being vindicated its a step in completing some obstacle to gain compliance and cooperation that will somehow affect this case. It can't hurt. Some body in this case had to have T-Mobile. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

@WINDSOR Answering your question regarding "when the release date for the 911 tapes is scheduled"

I believe it has come and gone November 1, 2018, was the date the court order came down with 20 days and no one has had compliance as of yet.

I believe the tapes may have been destroyed. I wish Suffolk would just admit this so we can put it to rest.

I have tried to work around this the best I can. I have assumed we will never have access to the tapes.

EDNY is on a warpath over T-Mobile and that weirdo Chinese telecom company. DOJ was out in full force with the FBI today and EDNY. Sometimes I like to pretend because some of these carriers are being vindicated its a step in completing some obstacle to gain compliance and cooperation that will somehow affect this case. It can't hurt. Some body in this case had to have T-Mobile. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A couple things I am guessing, that there is another hearing in front of Judge Berland scheduled, or SCPD is appealing to a higher court.
Second, the tapes, or copies, or transcripts do exist somewhere. The Court system takes a very dim view when evidence in police hands is lost or destroyed. If they did not exist do you think SCPD would be spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to prevent the release?

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple things I am guessing, that there is another hearing in front of Judge Berland scheduled, or SCPD is appealing to a higher court.
Second, the tapes, or copies, or transcripts do exist somewhere. The Court system takes a very dim view when evidence in police hands is lost or destroyed. If they did not exist do you think SCPD would be spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to prevent the release?

Why?

Joseph Ruis.
He's your man

He has an alibi but can easily be charged with conspiracy to commit murder. Joe Newman is an accessory and can be charged, as well. He likely has connections to the Genovese family who ran a body disposal factory out in Long Island OR Ruis worked to further the interests of the Genovese family by another prostitution racket. Joe Brewer lures them out there, they make the kill, they cart the body off, dispose of them at the aquarium the bodies are dismembered and stored there...after they strip it to bone...Petrocellis landscaping business takes the bones and remains and buries them with saplings and aggressive marsh plants which explains why the bones were bright white and in a place with brush far too thick to access on foot. It's probably why you can't find Shannan's larynx and hyoid bone. The burial method is an Italian "green burial"

Entertain the piranha theory, these bones were found stripped and pristine white like they had been bleached, which was impossible if they decomposed in dirt or in a marsh.

Bones turn yellow and brown not only from dirt, but from organic material from the body that decomposes on top of the bone. However, if the body is freshly dead before advanced decomposition and is stripped away from the bone quickly, you will see bright white bones. Take a look at compound fractures (if you can handle looking at them) you will notice that the bone protrusion is bright white.

There is a way to tell if these bones have undergone a bleaching process because the chemical and sunlight used to bleach bones makes them brittle and more fragile.

Do the bones have tiny scratches or scrapes in the exterior? They would be consistent with other findings that are disturbed by animals but piranhas have tiny triangular shaped teeth. You would notice a tiny surface scratch with an upward trajectory due to the species's underbite. They grab flesh and hook it with the bottom teeth then use the top teeth to clamp down and pull away. You'd notice the tiniest evidence of minor scratching in the bones.

Does forensics even cover how to handle piranhas? I know we can analyze human and animal bites but what about fish?

I got to hand it to you New York, you definitely have some of the most creative homicides I have ever seen in my life.

So this is what I think happened, oddly enough, my first explanation of how "white" bones were found when recovering the bodies was crab traps. This was before I even knew about the aquarium connection.

So, the thing with piranhas--they don't go after things that are alive. They're like the "vultures" of amazonian fresh water. Also it would take 350-500 red bellied piranhas to strip a whole human into skeleton...Unless the bodies were dismembered first. Then they could store different parts and use it as food so you'd need far less piranhas if you have a safe location to store a body and time and access.

Now the guy who killed himself from Long Island Aquarium in the park with a self inflicted gun shot wound that everybody insisted was the killer because of the burlap. There is a man named Joe Petrocelli who has a family landscaping business and a construction business (any west mesa connections to that build site?). They also use burlap to plant seedlings in landscaping.

Now so lets hypothetically imagine the co owner figured out what happened. They staged the suicide took over the business and now have a mob controlled aquarium.

Then after they get rid of the body's flesh and such they wrap the bones in burlap with a seedling of some kind of crazy marsh brush and bramble bushes. Then they put it next to the highway and that's how the bodies wound up so thick in bramble that a human being could not walk there and bury something or they could not run there to get stuck and die. Now that the liability who might have ratted on the aquarium body disposal people is dead, long island aquarium gets invested in and expands and I don't know if they have reptiles but bone meal is a part of a reptiles normal diet as calcium supplements and we should probably figure out a way to stop the mob from having an aquarium before they figure that out on their own if they have not figured it out already.

Did the Irish not have a tradition of burying a body with a tree sapling on top of it? Nope. It's an Italian thing. Holy *advertiser censored*. Guys. Capsula mundi burial pods. In burlap.

Thanks mods! I figured you'd go for the piranha post but you went for the karaoke. You rock.

Philly DOJ just indicted some Cosa Nostra today. No idea which family, though.

Philadelphia La Cosa Nostra Member and Associate Charged with Making and Collecting Extortionate Loans

Here is my thing, though. I don't want to take out a whole crime family over this case. I want to take the person who killed these women and that child off the streets. Some of them have daughters. I kind of want the mob to hand them over and cooperate.

They don't like baby killers or lady killers, it makes them look bad. I know they don't typically condone that kind of behavior.

I don't want them to be attacked in a revenge act. I don't want street justice. What I WANT is them to cooperate and give them to the cops so we can lock them up. I also want no more dead women or babies--EVER. They're off limits.

I know they know who's responsible and I need these psychos in jail. Does the community a huge favor and gets a crazy predator who preys on women and kids off the streets and the feds off their hineys. Sounds like a win/win.

I also don't want some patsy framed up. This is just like that time the Chris guy killed those Cubans and the Cubans flipped out and demanded someone on their end do something so they didn't go to war.

It's wise to expect the same thing from LE every time women and kids get killed.

Also cooperating here makes whatever future prosecutor these guys run into in future (we know its a matter of time) more willing to be reasonable with them. I don't think my suggestion is unfair.

Last edited:
It's February 7, 2019 - where are we on the release of the tape contents?

I was under the impression that there were no literal " tapes " but rather a transcript which explains why Mari was only read to. There was nothing to hear. As far as I know, the transcript has not yet been released to Ray and won't be in the foreseeable future, but I don't know this as a certainty.

It's February 7, 2019 - where are we on the release of the tape contents?

I was under the impression that there were no literal " tapes " but rather a transcript which explains why Mari was only read to. There was nothing to hear. As far as I know, the transcript has not yet been released to Ray and won't be in the foreseeable future, but I don't know this as a certainty.

I can't answer this. I know Brewer alludes to having read a transcript of it during his interview with Kolker. I do not know why the tapes or the transcript is being stalled by LE despite a court order.

I assume either it has been destroyed, is sealed and it has been released or someone in Suffolk is afraid to cooperate due to outside interference.

I can't answer this. I know Brewer alludes to having read a transcript of it during his interview with Kolker. I do not know why the tapes or the transcript is being stalled by LE despite a court order.

I would think if there was a copy of portions of the tape/transcript prior to Kolker's book being published, I am pretty sure it would have been leaked to the media by now.

I assume either it has been destroyed, is sealed and it has been released or someone in Suffolk is afraid to cooperate due to outside interference.

How about the tapes/transcript have not been released because of the contents are damaging and very incriminating to the SCPD and/or County Government or both.

I would think if there was a copy of portions of the tape/transcript prior to Kolker's book being published, I am pretty sure it would have been leaked to the media by now.

How about the tapes/transcript have not been released because of the contents are damaging and very incriminating to the SCPD and/or County Government or both.

Then they need to sit down with a prosecutor and a PR person and get ahead of the *advertiser censored* storm before they don't get to get ahead of the *advertiser censored* storm. Please refer to the NYPD press conference on corruption within IA Sept 18 and see how gracefully this could be handled where nobody has to be the bad guy.

Once upon a time a friend made a 911 call and then was accused of a crime they did not commit and the evidence of their innocence was in the 911 call. They didn't flip out, they were patient and they allowed the department to fix it without making a huge deal of it and trusting them to self regulate because no cop genuinely wants to be a bad guy or make mistakes. My friend trusted them to do what was necessary to cover their behinds and the issue was fixed without creating a huge hoopla. PDs are capable of fixing issues internally. I think SCPD is no different nor do I think they are genuinely the "bad guys" or incapable of handling this, gracefully. Nobody is "out to get them". Besides Hawk. I have no frigging clue what his deal is with blaming the police. Forget him. He doesn't know how things work with internal stuff and legal liability and all the perfectly logical concerns Suffolk would be an idiot not to have with a case this high profile.

PS: "The police are going to have a lot of pie on their face" is a twit making a statement that makes SCPD feel threatened so that they will do what he wants. He isn't SCPDs boss. He's trying to protect himself, not SCPD. Get a PR person and a prosecutor and SCPD needs to line up their ducks in a row, cover their heineys and crush this twit in court for trying to protect himself using Suffolk's integrity. That's my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Brewer is not privy to the transcript.
He knows whats on the tape because he was in the room when SG was on the phone.
He has no way of knowing what was said after she left his home.
Mari G. got her info from the ME.

No, he states to Kolker "if you read it you'll see I was the only voice of reason."

He knew there was a transcript that could be read and indicates he might have seen it...Not just a "recorded tape".

He asks Kolker to read it because it indicates and vindicates him, Joseph Brewer, as the "only voice of reason" that night and he states further that the police were in total agreement with him that he, indeed, was the "only voice of reason". Then he says he hates to say it because most of them are his friends but at the end of this [insert legal liability threat to Suffolk so they will be scared to cooperate].

He ain't Suffolk's friend, he's a man in a corner.

He knows what's on the tape because he was in the room when SG was on the phone.

Of course! I simply forgot he heard the 911 conversation and would know what is on the tapes.

I am not sure if and how corrupt the SCPD is. There seems to be differing opinions. But based on the amount of police corruption on the East Coast previously reported in the media, I would believe that there is some significant corruption in the SCPD. I have no idea how widespread or pervasive this corruption might be. If it it exists, it will take strong leadership from both the Community, Media, local Government and the SCPD to clear it out.

The way Shannan's case was handled from day 1, makes me think that something is/was not right with the SCPD.

Regarding the status of of the court proceedings to have the tapes released, I have learned from a reliable source in the Suffolk County judicial system the following.

-Suffolk County appealed to the Appellate Division Judge Berland's order to turn over the tapes to John Ray.
-If the Appellate were to rule in the County's favor, the County would not have to turn over the tapes.
-John Ray, also made a motion to the Appellate Division to toss out the County's appeal, or order the County to turn over the tapes.

John Ray's motion to Judge Berland was for sanctions, not contempt, and he effectively ordered it in abeyance pending the Appellate Court decision.

Let us hope that the Appellate rules quickly and in favor of the release of the tapes.

Why has the police not gone to Queens NY looking for brothels and or sex trafficking rings in that area to try to catch the serial killer. And when Shannon calls 911 she says they are trying to kill me was there someone else I .Brewers house besides him that could have chased her onto the marsh. She they they not he is trying to kill me.

I wish New York and the surrounding states would implement pics of missing ppl on the backs of playing cards for inmates. It was successful in Florida years ago.
Also, NY’s FBI website appears to just focus on holiday scams. Why isn’t anyone holding them accountable for dna testing the four unidentified LISK victims (the health department approved). Why hasn’t the 911 transcript been released? Maybe someone knows the 911 operator who took the Gilbert phone call?!

Wrong! Suffolk is afraid because they'll be questions they do not want to answer.. It'll show the incompetence and corruption that has led SCPD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member