Shannon Paula Hughes murdered 2/22/97 was missing since fall of 1996

sunrise423

Reaction score
Good morning Web Sleuthers!

I found out about this site by watching Web of Death's S1/E1 "Jackpot Murder", so I thought I would see if the public can be of some assistance to my friend's family.

Shannon Paula Hughes was senselessly murdered and buried on an American Indian burial ground in Arizona in the fall of 1996, and was located by a aircraft flying over the area to see a shallow grave. Because she had been missing for over 4 months they decided to investigate and were able to identify Shannon (I believe it was her dental records that led to this conclusion). From everything I was told by her mom was that the AZ police had circumstantial evidence against a ex-boyfriend who they believed could have committed Shannon's murder. While I haven't spoke to the family in years I believe this case is still unsolved/proven he did it. I am purposely not naming his name on here because I don't want to be charged with libel/slander.

Shannon had a radiant smile, was a good person and did not deserve to be killed. Shannon only lived a short period on this Earth and was starting to find her path with school, work and a new place to live without the fear of being harmed by her ex-bf. Both Shannon and her family sure deserves justice. Please help in any way you can.

I cannot locate the original missing persons notice that has been on the Internet for a long time, but I did find this: https://www.myheritage.com/names/shannon_hughes.

Thank you,

Dawn M.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member