She Closed Airport to Avoid Vacation with Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Casshew, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

DUESSELDORF, Germany (Reuters) - A Croatian woman was convicted Thursday of disturbing the peace for phoning a bomb threat to Duesseldorf airport to get out of a vacation with her boyfriend.
    The woman was given a suspended sentence after admitting in court that she called authorities and, in a hoax, made an al Qaeda bomb threat because her parents disapproved of her boyfriend.

"I didn't know how I would be able to tell my parents about a holiday with him and I couldn't really say to him 'Listen, my parents wouldn't approve'," the woman, 28, identified only as Marina B., told the Duesseldorf state court Wednesday.

"Then I had the idea that if the trip could somehow be blocked by someone else, for example a bomb threat, then that would solve all the problems," she added. Her flight departed anyway, several hours late.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=4787324&section=news

2. Loading...