She was going to come back to life

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by mysteriew, Jan 7, 2006.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Madisonville family kept a woman's body in their home for months because of religious beliefs, Hamilton County County Coroner Dr. O'dell Owens said Friday.

The mummified body of Johannas Pope, 61, was removed from a home on Davies Place on Wednesday.

For at least six months, maybe longer, Pope sat in a chair in an upstairs bedroom of the home with an air conditioner on and fans blowing.

Dr. Owens says Pope believed when she died she would come back to life. The woman's caregiver and an adult daughter say they kept the body because they were honoring her religious belief.

"This woman truly felt that she did not want anyone to see her when she dies and she was going to come back to life. She died and she was going to come back to life," Dr. Owens told 9News Friday.

Dr. Owens says just last month the caregiver bought clothes for the deceased.
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/06/madisonville.html

2. Loading...

3. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

All I can say is wierd!!!

4. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

I saw some of the news coverage on this. The woman and her dau. actually saw the changes in the woman's body as it decomposed as signs that she was going to come back to life.
    Really weird!

5. 2sisters

2sisters New Member

Strange.