Sheehan Arrested at Whitehouse

If you could please show me where I said or implied that most enlistees are black and poor, I would appreciate it. Why did you automatically assume I was referring to black people when all I said was poor? :confused: Yikes. Please don't impose your stereotypes on me.

[Well, that was an extrapolation of the argument. For those still awake and those not hanging themselves with lamp cords about now....I didn't mean to insinuate that our friend here said anything about blacks. Charlie Rangle made that argument that only poor blacks are enlisting because they have no other choices becuase the man was keeping them down]

Apparently I missed where you became the spokeperson for all of us....

[Come on moderators......I sent the memo to you guys for mass distribution and posting as a sticky at the top of the boards. If you don't get it together, I am going to have to start taking up terrabyes somewhere else! :D I speak for myself and myself only. If my speaking out about this issue chides you or convicts you, well the you gotta be the one to ask youself why.]

I don't think there is anything wrong with being patriotic. I think there is something wrong when you imply that anyone who disagrees with you could not possibly be patriotic.

[I never said that anyone who disagrees with me is anti-patriotic. I said that a person who spouts out that tired old worn out shoe argument of "I support the troops but not the war" is a liar and is running down our fighting men and women and denegrating our lost soldier's memories. Well, that and on the wrong side of history, AGAIN. "It's not the heat, it's the humidity..... Were not rolling our eyes with you, we are rolling our eyes at you! :D].

Just debating the issues, don't take it too personal. After all, who am I? Apparently a searing reminder of your conscience that too is laughing at you when you say "I suppport.....". :D

Cal

IdahoMom said:
Is calling someone ignorant more offensive than calling someone a traitor?

cal - you and I clearly have vastly different beliefs. If you can't see the harm in labeling people traitors because they are against the war, than that is too bad. At this point I will agree to disagree.

Masterj said:
Is calling someone ignorant more offensive than calling someone a traitor?

cal - you and I clearly have vastly different beliefs. If you can't see the harm in labeling people traitors because they are against the war, than that is too bad. At this point I will agree to disagree.
I'm not in the mood to fight. So...ta-ta!

Maral said:
I totally disagree with this statement.

Following are excerpts from an article written by Eric E. Johansson of the SF Bay Area Veterans for Peace:

A few days ago, I an read article somewhere that quoted a Marine in Iraq. When the young Marine was asked about his feelings he replied, “They are shooting at as from all directions, I just want to get out of here and go home.” Well, Marine, we in the anti-war movement also want you to come home. We want you come home alive and come home now.

AS A MILITARY VETERAN MYSELF, I SAY THAT THE BEST WAY TO SUPPORT THE TROOPS IS BY PROTESTING AGAINST THE WAR!

Sadly, there are those amongst us who claim that once the troops are in the field fighting a war, then it is no longer acceptable for citizens to protest against the war:

LET US BE CLEAR:

THOSE WHO MAKE THIS CLAIM ACTUALLY UNDERMINE SUPPORT FOR THE TROOPS, THEY UNDERMINE SUPPORT FOR AMERICAN PRINCIPLES OF FREEDOM, AND THEY ARE WITHOUT QUESTION SOME OF THE MOST DANGEROUS TRAITORS TO OUR COUNTRY DURING THIS TIME OF WAR.

As troops are engaged in combat they are not privy to much information that is available to us in America. They have not the luxury of 24-hour news coverage because while we sit around and watch TV, they are fighting to stay alive and gripping to their every ounce of remaining sanity despite the blood, gore, horror and tragedy that brings them fresh daily overdoses of mental agony and emotional trauma. I know many of the troops that are serving in Iraq and I also know that many of them wish not to be there at all. They wish to come home and come home alive. So know this folks: when you support war, you support the continued infliction of harm and horror upon the daily lives of good men and women in uniform. Your act of simply waving flag and supporting war may make you feel better and less responsible for the tragedy of war but it does great disservice to those who endure its daily tragedies. You may be able fool yourself by claiming that your support for the war is also support for the troops, but we see through your hollow patriotism that only helps more troops get killed. If you truly care more for the lives of the troops than for your own inner feelings of pride and conscience, then support the troops by protesting the war.

IF YOU REALLY CARE FOR THE TROOPS AND YOU WISH THEM COME HOME ALIVE AND UNHARMED, THEN I URGE YOU TO:

SUPPORT THE TROOPS BEST BY PROTESTING THE WAR!!!

Link
Looks like the Cartoon Network has lost yet another Looney Toon :bang: :bang:

I can remember when the same "support our troops but end the war" bull$heet was used for the VietNam War. Didn't take too long for the looney toons to escape the asylum and start spitting on our soldiers as they came home. Of course, had it REALLY been escaped looneys doing it, it would have been understandable. Of course, it wasn't.:bang: :behindbar :doh:

Cal--I TOTALLY agree with everything you wrote and feel the same way. :twocents:

Where were the protestors and their $$$ when millions of Iraqi's were dying every year due to sickness and starvation, thanks to Saddamnations "Oil for Food" debaucle? :doh:

IdahoMom said:
I'm not in the mood to fight. So...ta-ta!
I know tone doesn't come through on the internet, but I actually wasn't trying to fight with you. I was just asking a question. No worries.

Masterj said:
Is calling someone ignorant more offensive than calling someone a traitor?I guess that would depend on which end of the comment is yours.

cal - you and I clearly have vastly different beliefs. If you can't see the harm in labeling people traitors because they are against the war, than that is too bad. At this point I will agree to disagree. If you need to call people ignorant because they don't embrace your line of thinking, than I guess discussion with you is beyond reason. Agreeing to disagree is the best thing to do in this case.:twocents:
Anyone care for a rousing chorus of "Kumbaya"?

Kumbaya? I was thinking more along the lines of some need to review TOS and if that fails prepare for a nice winter vacation from Websleuths. Put more bluntly knock it off . This thread is over.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back