"She's Going Places" ~ Rascal Flatts Tribute

I was just going to say that they would look like complete jerks if they even mentioned their disapproval of this beautiful song.....but then I remembered how they've destroyed and thrown away almost every memorial that people have gone to show their love and respects to Caylee. :(

I don't think they will do a thing . AS this song was not made for profit but as a tribute for Caylee.

The song has not been released on a CD...it's only on line and it's free...no one is profiting monetarily...but we are all profiting emotionally from it. What a beautiful gift these guys have given to all of us who are hurting. Music truly is medicine for the soul.

Beautiful song. I BELIEVE (by Diamond Rio)and now SHE'S GOING PLACES are my two all time favorite songs..Rascal Flatts is amazing-and I thank them for putting the focus back on Caylee, and reminding us God is in control...,

What a beautiful tribute to precious Caylee!
I have a bit of a different view on the lightning strike at the tree next to her memorial. I believe with all my heart that God spoke that day. But not just to ICA expressing his wrath at what she did to his precious creation, but to remind all of US that we need to look skyward and take a deep breath, because,
He's GOT this!

None of us possess the power to level the scales in this case, but He does.
And now we have had the confirmation. :)

I love this. I would also love it if someone like Donald trump, who I am pretty sure would find KC repugnant, would buy out huge banners in ALL of Times Square for the day KC is sure to arrive...huge banners that look like this:

l.jpg

Is it possible to buy a cd with this song on it?? I sure hope so - I love Rascall Flatts et al and this song is so special.

I agree - very touching tribute to Caylee Marie

Aimee thank you for the the following link....I almost missed it in your siggie. I bawled my eyes out listening to it. Powerful, like the Rascal Flatts tribute. I hadn't even ever heard of White Lion before....and yes, I live about three rocks from the sun......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZ79InLGRY"]YouTube - ‪White Lion - When the Children Cry (official music video) HQ‬‏[/ame]
White Lion - When The Children Cry

Absolutely beautiful. I adore rascal flatts!! And now I love them more. Wonder if my local country station will play it soon.

Don't JUST give it away - it's going to be on I Tunes soon...and yes, the money is going to charity....

"The songwriter has graciously offered to donate his royalty share from 'She's Going Places' to PROTECT.ORG, a joint website for the PROTECT organization and the National Association to Protect Children. The song will be available soon at all major digital retailers, including iTunes".

http://www.theboot.com/2011/07/12/caylee-anthony-song-shes-going-places/

"Later today Judd's lyrical tribute will be available for sale at all major digital music sites, including ITunes, and will be made available to radio stations through Play MPE. And when the songwriter royalties start coming in to Judd, he'll complete his tribute to Caylee Anthony--by donating 100% of those royalties to the National Association to Protect Children."

www.protect.org

Caylee Anthony Song Will Benefit Child Protection Programs
Posted Jul 12th 2011 1:00PM by Cory StrombladComments27924283

AP
Cledus T. Judd is best known as the funny man behind clever parodies of country hits, but the songwriter is garnering unprecedented attention for his original song, 'She's Going Places,' which was written in response to the 2008 murder of Caylee Anthony and the media-saturated trial of her accused mother, Casey Anthony.

On the inspiration for the song, co-written with Rascal Flatts lead singer Gary LeVox and Nashville lyricist Jimmy Yeary, Cledus explains, "When I had the idea to do this song, being a daddy, I just wanted to do something that took the emphasis off the horrible details and outcome of the trial, and focus on that beautiful, innocent, 2-year-old with those big brown eyes."

Cledus first debuted the song on his WQYK morning show last Friday (July 8) to an overwhelming listener response. The Tampa, Fla. radio station received a record-breaking amount of website page views, and has garnered more than 350,000 views on YouTube in only four days.

The songwriter has graciously offered to donate his royalty share from 'She's Going Places' to PROTECT.ORG, a joint website for the PROTECT organization and the National Association to Protect Children. The song will be available soon at all major digital retailers, including iTunes.

Click here to learn more about PROTECT.ORG.

All from the BOOT article.

I'm SO GLAD that money is going to a children's protection charity!

So I knew I had heard that song before...

My church worship pastor is Adam crabb. His dad is well known in the gospel community as a song writer. They've won Grammys and dove awards (Christian Grammys) Adam released this song last year on his album Going Places. All rascal flats did was change it from a song about a boy to one about a girl.... Same music and all. Google it.
I'm trying to figure out if they paid for rights or stole it because the crabbs aren't mentioned in any release.

My church worship pastor is Adam crabb. His dad is well known in the gospel community as a song writer. They've won Grammys and dove awards (Christian Grammys) Adam released this song last year on his album Going Places. All rascal flats did was change it from a song about a boy to one about a girl.... Same music and all. Google it.
I'm trying to figure out if they paid for rights or stole it because the crabbs aren't mentioned in any release.

I just googled it and you are right.

Adam Crabb's version is about a mom who is told her child only has a couple hours to live.

Same song, same music, some different words.

Odd.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHH6Mq-g-r8"]‪Adam Crabb - He's Going Places‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

My sister just called crying from work. She heard it on the radio during lunch and hadn't known anything about it.

Sweet song about our little angel Caylee. Thanks for sharing.

Since all proceeds are going toward charity, I do hope Adam won't take any action. I do wish he would have been mentioned as the writer of the music though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back