Shootin' From the Lip-Part 2

BBB167893

Former Member
Reaction score
I'm SD, and the opinions expressed in this posting are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of anyone else, but they might reflect yours.

In this world, you can divide evil-doers into two groups: the bad and the worse. In my last "shootin'" column, I mentioned that Lin Wood was so scummy, even the lawyers who worked for the Haddon Law Firm didn't like him. And to show why that's saying so very much, let me remind you of just how scummy Hal Haddon, Bryan Morgan and Lee Foreman are.

Even before this case came down, Haddon and Co. were infamous for the motto that was engraved on a bronze plaque right above the backdoor of their office building: "reasonable doubt for a reasonable price." The meaning of that phrase is ominously clear: "pay us enough money, and we don't care if you did it; we'll use any dirty trick available to us to make sure you walk." And if that's not clear enough for you, let's look at some of the people they have defended: Kobe Bryant, Charlie Sheen, the Midyettes and other dubious types. They were also the lawyers of choice for one of the more questionable presidents of my lifetime, Bill Clinton.

And the largesse that they received from their clients provides a lifestyle that would make Donald Trump blush, to say nothing of Clarence Darrow. As Chuck Green pointed out, their office building is bigger and more lavish than the governor's mansion, complete with an Olympic-size swimming pool. As they say, size matters, because the size difference between the two buildings is symbolic of the kind of power that these people wield. But as you can see, they obviously never heard the old saw about having to use power with responsibility. And the best illustration I can give you is how they conducted themselves in this case.

There's one incident in particular that sums up the whole awful mess. And that is how the Haddon law firm intentionally tried to sabotage, intimidate and ruin the life of Tom Miller.

I won't mention any names, but some people have a thing about dismissing what they claim to be "conspiracy theories." Which strikes me as odd, because IDI, with John Ramsey himself in the lead (as ST was helpful enough to point out), has been promoting the biggest conspiracy theory this side of the "Loose Change" crowd. But I digress.

So I guess my question becomes, "at what point does conspiracy theory become conspiracy fact?" Because this one WAS established as fact in a court of law. Let me break it down. Tom Miller was a handwriting analyst in the state of Colorado. He analyzed the ransom note and believed he pegged the writer: Patsy Ramsey. Because of that, and because of his reputation for accuracy, Miller was targeted for dirty tricks by the private investigators Haddon hired to keep his clients from going to prison. That's the first part of the conspiracy fact. The second part came when Haddon called in a political favor to the District Attorney in the neighboring county to have Miller jailed on a bogus charge so that Haddon would have something to impeach his credibility if he were ever called to testify against Patsy at her trial.

And they might have gotten away with it, if they had covered their tracks a little bit better. But arrogance is the flaw of power, and Miller's lawyer called PI David Williams and Lee Foreman himself to the stand, where they admitted on the record to exactly what I just told you. For all I know, it may be legal, but it's damn sure not ethical, and they were never taken to task on it.

Oh, and another thing: there are those who say (and they know who they are) that Tom Miller was not qualified as an analysis. Well, I guess the CO court system didn't get that memo, because he'd BEEN accepted several times before. It should be fairly obvious to anyone with half and eye to see and half a brain cell to think that they targeted this man BECAUSE he was qualified and would probably have put a nail in the coffin. But money and politics were more important than truth. And if I had my way, we'd be DOING something about it. Maybe a little fear would smack some ethics back into the legal profession, because from where I'm standing, the state of the law in 2013 SUCKS! And I'm damn sick and tired of it! Hal Haddon, you can go to hell, and take your rotten friends and clients with you!

That's my opinion. That's my stance. That's my commentary. Do what you want with it.

:clap:
Bravo, Dave! (And it's good to see you back.):great:

Another thing, Super Dave,
It seems every time a witness spoke to BPA detectives, or were about to speak to BPA, investigators hired by Haddon and company were right on the tail and almost in a badgering manner, also interviewed these witnesses. IIRC - Melody Stanton, Joe Barnhill, the "possible" brief fling gal K Ballard.

I know in the Eagle, Colorado case against Kobe Bryant that the investigators were responsible for the backing down of the Kobe Bryant accuser.

It seems every time a witness spoke to BPA detectives, or were about to speak to BPA, investigators hired by Haddon and company were right on the tail and almost in a badgering manner, also interviewed these witnesses. IIRC - Melody Stanton, Joe Barnhill, the "possible" brief fling gal K Ballard.

I know in the Eagle, Colorado case against Kobe Bryant that the investigators were responsible for the backing down of the Kobe Bryant accuser.

Joe Barnhill and his wife are now deceased. Poor Melody Stanton was so "badgered" that she moved away not long after the murder.

You nailed it, questfortrue. I'm not going to sit here and say that every witness was tampered with by the Haddon investigators (bribed, coerced, what have you), because I don't know that it happened. But at the same time, for all we know, we only know about this one for sure because Miller fought back. The analogy I'll use is this: when a wife catches her husband in the act of sleeping with another woman. How does she know that this is the only time he's done it? She just HAPPENED to catch this one!

But I will say this: Ellis Armistead, who was the main investigator hired by the Rs thru Haddon, QUIT back in 2000. And he gave two reasons: 1) because he hated Lin Wood and believed he was handling things completely the wrong way; 2) because of the things he's been asked to do.

Let me tell this story, to anyone who hasn't heard it up to now. A few years ago--almost a decade now, if you can believe that--I was arguing this case on a different forum, and the idea came up that a Grand Jury should be convened to investigate the conduct of the Boulder Police Dept. I seized the ball immediately. "Great idea," I said, "but let's not stop there. Let's have them investigate the DA's office, the Haddon Firm, the private investigators, Lin Wood and Lou Smit while they're at it!" You can imagine where that conversation went: nowhere. It was dropped faster than a bad habit, for reasons which should be obvious.

If they put those PIs through the wringer, imagine the things that would squeeze out.

Hi SD - nice to see you here. What's the news on the book?

I surely agree with your post. Then along came ML...........and that was the end of the story, except for us diehards here who hope and pray for justice. I don't know that it will ever happen, but it is comforting to come here, and know we are a group who will never forget this beautiful child. I also know that there were many people who failed this child, and I surely feel they will rot in hell. Karma may come late, but it is inevitable that it will arrive with a vengeance!

Working very hard on it, Darlene.

I surely agree with your post. Then along came ML...........and that was the end of the story, except for us diehards here who hope and pray for justice.

Hunter killed the case. ML just buried the body.

I don't know that it will ever happen, but it is comforting to come here, and know we are a group who will never forget this beautiful child. I also know that there were many people who failed this child, and I surely feel they will rot in hell. Karma may come late, but it is inevitable that it will arrive with a vengeance!

I got in trouble for voicing my opinion on that, so I'll keep to myself.

I surely agree with your post. Then along came ML...........and that was the end of the story, except for us diehards here who hope and pray for justice. I don't know that it will ever happen, but it is comforting to come here, and know we are a group who will never forget this beautiful child. I also know that there were many people who failed this child, and I surely feel they will rot in hell. Karma may come late, but it is inevitable that it will arrive with a vengeance!

There were probably many people whom had honorable intentions but seemingly might have hurt this case. Steve Thomas and Lou Smit dedicated a good portion of their life to JonBenet yet were at polar opposite opinions and were very public about it, unintentionally one of them may have hurt the case. There are several other examples of people who had good intentions but may have done irreparable damage to the case. Unfortunate but understandable.

However Alex Hunter, Lin Wood, ML,etc., seem to have cared more about their positions/jobs than true justice for JonBenet. Deplorable if you ask me!

There were probably many people whom had honorable intentions but seemingly might have hurt this case. Steve Thomas and Lou Smit dedicated a good portion of their life to JonBenet yet were at polar opposite opinions and were very public about it, unintentionally one of them may have hurt the case. There are several other examples of people who had good intentions but may have done irreparable damage to the case. Unfortunate but understandable.

However Alex Hunter, Lin Wood, ML,etc., seem to have cared more about their positions/jobs than true justice for JonBenet. Deplorable if you ask me!

Boy, did you nail it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back