Should Texas have Raided FLDS?

Do you believe Texas should have raided the YFZ compound?

• I believe Texas has exceeded their authority

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • I believe Texas is taking the correct action

Votes: 97 82.9%
  • No opinion at this time

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters
I think that Texas was right in doing the investigation. Taking the children and putting them in foster care was not the right thing. The men should have been barred from the ranch until the investigation was complete.
Foster care is probably worse than the conditions at the ranch. (other than the raping of young girls)

You have a good point but what happens in the usual cases CPS investigates? They don't take the fathers away from the home. They take the children...then the police press charges against whichever parent is responsible for the abuse.

Yeah, almost every kid and adult that I have known that has spent anytime in foster care usually comes out of it worse. There are exceptions of course. Most fostering is done for the money unfortunately.
Now, some of the children are back at the ranch. Maybe things will change. I find it a bit uncomfortable that the folks at YFZ ranch said they would comply with the laws of the state they are in. Whats to stop them for doing their marriages in states that allow 14 year olds to get married. The fact that their marriages are not even real marriages (with licenses etc) how is that going to stop them?

Yeah, almost every kid and adult that I have known that has spent anytime in foster care usually comes out of it worse. There are exceptions of course. Most fostering is done for the money unfortunately.
Now, some of the children are back at the ranch. Maybe things will change. I find it a bit uncomfortable that the folks at YFZ ranch said they would comply with the laws of the state they are in. Whats to stop them for doing their marriages in states that allow 14 year olds to get married. The fact that their marriages are not even real marriages (with licenses etc) how is that going to stop them?
It won't. They'll continue to have their "security" thugs maintain a watch while they conduct these so called marriages at flds owned properties.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back