Shy moose given assertiveness training

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Casshew, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

A Dutch zoo has given a shy young moose assertiveness training to help him fit in with the herd. Emmen Zoo recently bought Kenwood the moose from a zoo in Toronto, reports De Telegraaf.
    But when he was put in the mooses' enclosure he was immediately bullied by a female called Winya.

"She's a real *****," said biologist Agaath Kooi. "She ran after Kenwood and kicked and bit him wherever she could. And although Kenwood is much bigger than her, he let it all happen."

Kooi decided to take Kenwood out of the enclosure and put him in a barn with a big, friendly moose called Icmu to give him more self-confidence.

And, by the time Kenwood was ready to take his place again with the herd in the enclosure, he was a different moose.

Kooi added: "When Winya ran to him to give him a kick, he immediately kicked her back. Ever since Kenwood has gained respect from her."

Kenwood now runs around his field with his own harem of female mooses and zoo staff are waiting to see which he decides to mate with.

~~~~

Cute photo of the shy moose :)

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1015954.html

2. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Where do I sign up ?

3. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

LOL ~ sign up for assertiveness training or to have your own harem? :waitasec:

4. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Harem of course, hey Cass just read on the forum about the reuinion and you planning to room with someone else !!!

5. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

Hugh ~ you think you can squeeze in between poco and I in the King Size bed? :dance:

6. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Well I am not qualified but I will have a go