SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening. :) I just listened to Tricia's radio and Beth Karas was on. She said she's joining wildabouttrial.com as a senior adviser and will be writing articles and doing videos. Plus she said she is in another project, which is something we will have to buy, but wouldn't say what it is. What could that be? :seeya:

Happy Sunday night all! I'm SO ready to go back to work tomorrow. Way too much time to stew and think about things today. I did finally clean my patio doors today, inside AND outside. I've lived in my apartment for 2 years and this is the first time I've done that. :blushing:

Watching the Golden Girls and just took a Benedryl, hoping to be sleepy very soon.

Evening m.
I'm watching Drop Dead Diva and then Ray Donovan and then Dexter. I don't know why I watch Dexter- just started to watch last year. I do like Michael Hall from his - now I can't remember what :banghead: he was in before. OK, it's coming to me:
Six Feet Under. Gawd I'm losing it or maybe I'm just tired.

Good evening. :) I just listened to Tricia's radio and Beth Karas was on. She said she's joining wildabouttrial.com as a senior adviser and will be writing articles and doing videos. Plus she said she is in another project, which is something we will have to buy, but wouldn't say what it is. What could that be? :seeya:

Evening daisy. :seeya:
A book maybe?

Charlottetown- thanks for the recipe for the diet shake.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/3...e-at-each-other-s-throats-penalty-retrial.htm

At the time of the trial there were media reports that one of the defense witnesses refused to testify because she was getting death threats. The sidebar transcripts show that it wasn’t just the death threats that kept her from the stand. The woman was afraid that the prosecution would make her drug use public and she would lose her welfare benefits.

The Arizona Republic reported, "Martinez could be heard in a sidebar as he detailed the cards he was going to play against her had she taken the stand. She had a drug problem, he said, she seemed high during an interview, she might not have the claimed income from photographs she sold to a television and could be in violation of welfare regulations."

Martinez tried to introduce issues showing bizarre behavior from Arias before the crime. The prosection wanted to include details like Arias slashing Travis Alexander’s tires and sleeping under his Christmas tree.

They even write songs about ladies on Death Row Jodi might relate to:

"Women's Prison" by Loretta Lynn

I'm in a women's prison with bars all around
I caught my darlin cheatin thats when I shot him down
I caught him in a honky-tonk with a girl I used to know
The door to my cell is open wide and a voice cries out oh no

The judge says I'm guilty my sentence is to die
I know I've been forgiven but the price of love is high

The crowd outside is screamin' let the murderer die But above all their voices I
can hear my mama cry

I'm sittin' here on death row and Lord I've lost my mind
For love I've killed my darlin and for love I'll lose my life

I can hear the warden coming From the clinging of his keys
But when they come to get me He'll have to drag me off my kness
The door to my cell swings open It's time for me to go
The priest is reading my last rights He says dying's part of livin' ya know

And there's a crowd outside screamin' let that murderer fry
But above all their voices You can hear my mama cry

Now they've strapped me in the chair And covered up my eyes
And the last voice I hear on Earth Is my mama's cry

http://www.mojvideo.com/video-loretta-lynn-women-s-prison/e0496a8005aee5350992

BBM TexMex, this makes me cry (been crying all day, anyway). When people do something like murder, they never remember that it hurts other people besides who they are murdering.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/3...e-at-each-other-s-throats-penalty-retrial.htm

At the time of the trial there were media reports that one of the defense witnesses refused to testify because she was getting death threats. The sidebar transcripts show that it wasn’t just the death threats that kept her from the stand. The woman was afraid that the prosecution would make her drug use public and she would lose her welfare benefits.

The Arizona Republic reported, "Martinez could be heard in a sidebar as he detailed the cards he was going to play against her had she taken the stand. She had a drug problem, he said, she seemed high during an interview, she might not have the claimed income from photographs she sold to a television and could be in violation of welfare regulations."

Martinez tried to introduce issues showing bizarre behavior from Arias before the crime. The prosection wanted to include details like Arias slashing Travis Alexander’s tires and sleeping under his Christmas tree.

She was on welfare? I thought she was married.

BBM TexMex, this makes me cry (been crying all day, anyway). When people do something like murder, they never remember that it hurts other people besides who they are murdering.

Why have you been crying all day? :( Is everything okay?

Why have you been crying all day? :( Is everything okay?

I don't even know how to explain why I cried. It's just that life can be so unfair sometimes, you know, and I know that's just because that's how it is.
Last night just brings it to my attention again- normally I try not to think about it. It's these trials and I guess how the law is and just life in general.
People get hurt and there's nothing we can do about it. I just feel- for all involved- so bad. It's just not a TV program where everything is fake and you could maybe laugh and things.
If my son really knew how these trials affect me, he would smash the TV, but I like to watch them- it's so "real" life.
Anyway, I'm not really explaining it right- just no words to describe it.
That's why I took so many naps- to forget and not deal with it and in a few days I'll be OK again. Prayed a lot today- that always helps.

I don't even know how to explain why I cried. It's just that life can be so unfair sometimes, you know, and I know that's just because that's how it is.
Last night just brings it to my attention again- normally I try not to think about it. It's these trials and I guess how the law is and just life in general.
People get hurt and there's nothing we can do about it. I just feel- for all involved- so bad. It's just not a TV program where everything is fake and you could maybe laugh and things.
If my son really knew how these trials affect me, he would smash the TV, but I like to watch them- it's so "real" life.
That's why I took so many naps- to forget and not deal with it and in a few days I'll be OK again. Prayed a lot today- that always helps.

So many hugs to you, YorN. You're an amazing person and I'm sorry you've been hurting. I like to say that I live in a bubble, and these trials open my eyes to the "real world." It's heartbreaking for sure. So reassuring to see our justice system hard at work though.

Lots of love and hugs to you tonight. Your posts have helped me through some tough times, I wish I could say something more helpful!

So many hugs to you, YorN. You're an amazing person and I'm sorry you've been hurting. I like to say that I live in a bubble, and these trials open my eyes to the "real world." It's heartbreaking for sure. So reassuring to see our justice system hard at work though.

Lots of love and hugs to you tonight. Your posts have helped me through some tough times, I wish I could say something more helpful!

Thanks m.
I wasn't even going to log on tonight, but being here with you guys always helps. Sometimes I get a good laugh here and some good info. :seeya:

Happy Sunday night all! I'm SO ready to go back to work tomorrow. Way too much time to stew and think about things today. I did finally clean my patio doors today, inside AND outside. I've lived in my apartment for 2 years and this is the first time I've done that. :blushing:

Watching the Golden Girls and just took a Benedryl, hoping to be sleepy very soon.

what is your career? :)

Thanks m.
I wasn't even going to log on tonight, but being here with you guys always helps. Sometimes I get a good laugh here and some good info. :seeya:

This is how it should be, people to care about us and people to laugh with. <3

what is your career? :)

I'm the office manager for a start-up insurance company. Which means I do a little bit of everything....accounting, marketing, underwriting, etc. I love it, keeps my weekdays busy.

We need to get this second penalty phase going for the family of Travis...I hope JSS decides on this very soon.....

travis alexander (amazing grace) - YouTube

My dog's paws smell like popcorn. We call it- "popcorny feet"-:floorlaugh:
I think it smells wonderful.
You know, dogs sweat only from their mouth and their paws, so when you smell their paws, it's like smelling someone's armpits :floorlaugh:

We have had two mini Schnauzers and the old one and the new one both have the same distinct smell. I can't quite describe it, but I love it. After my first one died, I kept his fur bear toy that he had slept with as it smelled just like him. So I picked it up and hugged it and held it to my face every day. Not that it slowed down my grieving or anything, but it helped me to work through it.

After we got our new boy, I realized he smells the same way, it's as though I have some spirit of my old one still with me. I know this is silly, but I actually tried to find a puppy born on the same date as my old one died, thinking he might be reincarnated, lol. I don't even believe in reincarnation. :facepalm: Oh well.

Daisy and YorN....my benedryl is kicking in and I'm heading off to la-la land. I'm so grateful to you both for being such great company. Goodnight and have a wonderful evening! :eek:fftobed:

Life is unfair sometimes. Sundays are always hard days for me. Both my parents died on a Sunday (plus I hate getting up for work on Monday, and I always stress about it). I understand exactly what you mean, and send hugs and prayers to you my friend. :hug:

We have had two mini Schnauzers and the old one and the new one both have the same distinct smell. I can't quite describe it, but I love it. After my first one died, I kept his fur bear toy that he had slept with as it smelled just like him. So I picked it up and hugged it and held it to my face every day. Not that it slowed down my grieving or anything, but it helped me to work through it.

After we got our new boy, I realized he smells the same way, it's as though I have some spirit of my old one still with me. I know this is silly, but I actually tried to find a puppy born on the same date as my old one died, thinking he might be reincarnated, lol. I don't even believe in reincarnation. :facepalm: Oh well.

That is so sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member