SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my tonsils out when I was real young also. I remember they gave me some gum to numb my throat. My throat was to sore to even swallow. My sister and my neighbor ate all the gum. They made me ask the doctor for more. I found out years later that the gum had cocaine in it.

Holy....WHAT??? Cocaine gum? What year was that?

Things were a bit more liberal when I was a kid, but still. Cocaine in the gum? How did I miss that LoL?

You know, I saw the coming attractions for that Honey BooBoo show and I feel sorry for her. When she grows up, I think she will be very embarrassed (at least I would be).
Why would any family want to televise themselves in such a bad light?
It's a sin, IMO.

for money, of course :twocents:

Oh, please don't mention skunks. Every once in a while we have a problem with skunks on our property.

The first time our Chesapeake retriever got herself sprayed I thought we would never get rid of the smell! My husband let her in the door of the house and I went NO, get her out!! It instantly filled the house! He took her outside and she spent the night in the garage. What he failed to do is take the car out of the garage before he put her in there. I got on the elevator the next morning to go to work, and I could smell the skunk! Everyone on the elevator was looking at me. Hilarious. Turns out it was the leather purse I put on the passenger seat beside me when I headed out to work that stunk. A little "new car" air freshener from the dealership took the smell out, and made it smell like new car again. Not so the dog. Four baths later and her skin was so dry! We bought special shampoo from the vet called "Skunkd". Maybe the old recipes for such things work better.

I have more "skunk tales" but will leave it at that for now. I'm like Horace is with Jodi...."I don't like skunks". :scared:

No, no, princess. you have to write it this way- with the periods :floorlaugh:
I.don't.like.skunks. :floorlaugh:
I miss Horace and all the old gang from the trial.

for money, of course :twocents:

It's still a sin.
I'm going to bed. I need to get my rest. The son is bugging me to make sure I shop tomorrow because we don't have anymore snacks :floorlaugh:
Goodnight everyone- Frazier and Niles are waiting for me :floorlaugh:
Have a good night.
Goodnight sister :seeya: (wonder how Zuri is doing?)

We have a momma skunk and babies. They were very cute all huddled together waddling across the yard the other day. All you saw were black and white furrytails. Their tails all bunched together made a fan. They were cute but we watched from the window. Not taking any chances getting close to momma skunk caring for her babies.

You know, I saw the coming attractions for that Honey BooBoo show and I feel sorry for her. When she grows up, I think she will be very embarrassed (at least I would be).
It's a sin, IMO.

I feel bad for her too. What's going to happen when she's not little and somewhat cute anymore? As far as looks go, she is cute, and her personality is HUGE, but when she gets a bit older I see her going the way of many other child "celebrities". I'm not trying to be mean, but look at Haley Joel Osmont (the kid from Forest Gump and The Sixth Sense). He was somewhat cute as a child. He broke my heart in Pay it Forward. But now? He is odd looking, and is not getting anymore acting roles. No mean intent at all, it's just the way it is for child actors. Honey Boo Boo needs to make her college fund and then go back to school. I hope her parents are looking after her best interests.

Good lord those people have funny names in that show. Honey boo boo, pumpkin, chickadee, chubbs, sugar bear, Uncle "Poodle", crazy Tony. You can't make this stuff up. I HATE reality TV (sorry for anyone who likes it). I like my TV to be pure fiction, and entertainment. Why would I want to watch someone else's reality? I have enough trouble dealing with my own reality. :floorlaugh:

We have a momma skunk and babies. They were very cute all huddled together waddling across the yard the other day. All you saw were black and white furrytails. Their tails all bunched together made a fan. They were cute but we watched from the window. Not taking any chances getting close to momma skunk caring for her babies.

OMG, cute or not you need to watch where they nest. We had one that decided he was going to take up residence under our house. The smell was awful, and he was right under our bedroom. Mr. skunk is gone now. We "relocated" him :lol:. Even when they don't spray, they stink. Even when one just walks across our yard we smell them.

Did they have the status hearing today? If so, what happened? Did we get a trial date?

Nothing was decided today, other than another "status hearing" was scheduled for August 26th. Judge said she would like to move the trial forward to start in late September. We have our doubts :). The defense wants to drag it out into next year, and it's looking like they just might get their wish.

Did they have the status hearing today? If so, what happened? Did we get a trial date?

No, we got another status conference on Aug 26. Judge wants to start the trial by the end of September but she doesn't want to set a date because there are still motions that need to be answered...but September is what the want the attorneys to work towards.

K, I feel like I'm hogging the blog and talking to myself here :floorlaugh:. Time to go :eek:fftobed:.

Good night everyone.

OMG, cute or not you need to watch where they nest. We had one that decided he was going to take up residence under our house. The smell was awful, and he was right under our bedroom. Mr. skunk is gone now. We "relocated" him :lol:. Even when they don't spray, they stink. Even when one just walks across our yard we smell them.

I don't believe they live in our yard because they were waddling to the neighbors yard. In between our yard and the neighbors yard is a small patch of woods. We also so them in there. So I am thinking they either live in the neighbors yard or in between both our homes. They did not smell at all the day we saw them.

Me too. Off to bed. I did not realize it is 11.30pm. Nice chatting with you all. Sweet dreams.

It's a sin, IMO.

I truly don't think they see themselves that way. Their circumstances are not unusual in certain parts of the country. It is pretty amazing. I don't think I would like people laughing at me and making fun, but for 1M I will do it! :seeya:

It's been steadily raining here for the last, eh, 3 hours? Lost the internet for a while.........as I was putting up another avatar pic :banghead:
It's a pic of me and Patty, from a year ago, I'm on my tiptoes, adding maybe 4" to my 5'1, LOL!
She was like riding on a cushy couch. Miss that big goofy horse. She'd be all covered in mud right now, only on one side though! She was such a nut!
This place is going to blow up all green in about a week, you wouldn't know it was the same place, all it needs is water, preferably rain water. The well water just doesn't have the nitrogen that motivates the seeds and plants to explode.
Every year that I've had a garden, the seedlings just stand there at about 4" until the first rain comes (Last freeze date May 10) and then I can't keep up with them!
This year, no garden, no turkey poults for the freezer this fall, just be chilling with the last of the eggs in the incubator. All peafowl eggs, hoping to get a few.
Didn't count but looks like I hatched about 100 chicks since January. Had to replenish my old flock that has gotten a bit old. Worked about 10 years developing my own line of silkies, showing, breeding, selling, really devoted myself for 21 years. The old ones started dying off over the last year and just had to keep the line going. It was a hella lot easier this time around, last time I cranked up the old incubator, I was pulling 40-50 chicks out each weekend for almost 6 months. Shipped the bulk of them out as day olds right out of the 'bator, they basically paid for all the feed for the following year and then some, for ALL the critters! Did that for about 15 years. Some of these new ones will be going to the neighbor.......I'll have to see how many roosters I can sneak into the bunch!!!!:floorlaugh:
Now, basically everyone is officially "lawn ornaments".
Just checked the calendar and my new mare, Kissie, hasn't gone back into heat for over a month.........we may have a foal next year!!!! Not into the "call the vet and get her checked" thing, if it is, it is. It's pretty cool at about 5 months, the mares will drink cold water and their flanks will look like there's a butterfly inside of them, just little uncontrolled movements.

There's something about birth and baby animals, for some reason it gives me a sense of hope...........hope about I don't know what, but hope all the same.

Tonight the skunks will be out again, rain does that to them. Just glad my wuffs know enough to stay away from the backside of them. I've got plenty of hydrogen peroxide, and Dawn dishwashing liquid just in case, fingers crossed!

Don't forget the baking soda. We have two Jack Russell and have to use the "recipe" at least once a year if we're lucky.

It's been raining since Sunday and we're not complaining at all. It's kept the day time temperatures in the seventies which is as close to hell freezing over in Texas. We have an attic fan and helps draw in a breeze, and I don't cave turn on the AC. I remember in 2007 it rained for months. Every day we would have terrible thunderstorms, but we didn't use the AC until the last of August. I loved saving the money. Sometimes in the summer it hits over four hundred dollars for one month. Not looking forward to it this year though.

Missed y'all, been lurking and rereading the Jodi Arais threads. It quite interesting the second time around. I also got the chance to thank so many for their post. Many times the threads were moving so fast you couldn't catch up and missed so many really post. Lost of laughs in those.

And I knew I wasn't going to watch that trial that can't be named and am glad I saved myself the disappointment. So, I'm looking forward to AS trial, and wanted to know about Mary Winkler? I caught just a bit on TV the other day. Was she the one that stabbed her husband to death after tying him up?

Don't forget the baking soda. We have two Jack Russell and have to use the "recipe" at least once a year if we're lucky.

It's been raining since Sunday and we're not complaining at all. It's kept the day time temperatures in the seventies which is as close to hell freezing over in Texas. We have an attic fan and helps draw in a breeze, and I don't cave turn on the AC. I remember in 2007 it rained for months. Every day we would have terrible thunderstorms, but we didn't use the AC until the last of August. I loved saving the money. Sometimes in the summer it hits over four hundred dollars for one month. Not looking forward to it this year though.

Missed y'all, been lurking and rereading the Jodi Arais threads. It quite interesting the second time around. I also got the chance to thank so many for their post. Many times the threads were moving so fast you couldn't catch up and missed so many really post. Lost of laughs in those.

And I knew I wasn't going to watch that trial that can't be named and am glad I saved myself the disappointment. So, I'm looking forward to AS trial, and wanted to know about Mary Winkler? I caught just a bit on TV the other day. Was she the one that stabbed her husband to death after tying him up?

That was susan wright...who is up for parole next year. Tx got that one backwards.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I suggest after bathing the dog you get a friend to come over and smell em!

That stench hangs in the nostrils for a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie