SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby-weight? When did you have your baby?
What is HIIT?

Well I have a nine month old. I've struggled with my weight for 10 years (since I had my first!) and I'm trying to get if off. I'm using my fitness pal app, just trying to lose 5 pounds a month (for 10 months, lol). hIIT stands for high intensity interval training. Research shows you get as much benefit from a 10 minute HIIT season as you do from an hour of moderate cardio. Guess I'm trying to fast track bc I'm LAZY. I have 5 sons and my oldest is 10, youngest is 9 months so its now or never if I'm going to keep up with these boys!

Oops forgot to explain HIIT, it's short bursts of HIgh intensity bursts, usually about 20 seconds with a 20-80 second recovery. The key is to take it to the max for that "sprint" and the body will continue to burn fat for up to 30 hours after the exercise is over. You think 20 seconds is short until you have to go all out! You can do it on a stationary bike, treadmill or elliptical, or even just walking. You do it to your own exertion.
I'm pretty out of shape so it doesn't take much!

So I can talk to you all and keep ignoring my treadmill "blah blah blah I can't hear you treadmill!!"

I wouldn't mind a double wide at all ... love to hear rain against metal. :) But hurricanes do hit here sometimes. HUGO wiped out much of everything, before I moved here. google it :)

Geeesh!

Worst hurricane for me... I was in Cancun for Wilma. Was devastating too.

Mother Nature is the queen "b" when she gets in a mood

Oops forgot to explain HIIT, it's short bursts of HIgh intensity bursts, usually about 20 seconds with a 20-80 second recovery. The key is to take it to the max for that "sprint" and the body will continue to burn fat for up to 30 hours after the exercise is over. You think 20 seconds is short until you have to go all out! You can do it on a stationary bike, treadmill or elliptical, or even just walking. You do it to your own exertion.
I'm pretty out of shape so it doesn't take much!

5 sons well God bless you girl!!! and a 9 month old to boot. How do you do it?

5 sons well God bless you girl!!! and a 9 month old to boot. How do you do it?

Thanks! I take all the blessings I can get! I feel a little lost surrounded by all the testosterone sometimes! But I do the best I can! Actually I really just want to get healthy. I have family history of several cancers and heart disease.

Well I have a nine month old. I've struggled with my weight for 10 years (since I had my first!) and I'm trying to get if off. I'm using my fitness pal app, just trying to lose 5 pounds a month (for 10 months, lol). hIIT stands for high intensity interval training. Research shows you get as much benefit from a 10 minute HIIT season as you do from an hour of moderate cardio. Guess I'm trying to fast track bc I'm LAZY. I have 5 sons and my oldest is 10, youngest is 9 months so its now or never if I'm going to keep up with these boys!

My goodness .... 5 little boys!!

:seeya:

PS as to the trailer question, they are making modules now that are so nice! A family bought a plot of land down the street from us and put a very nice modular home on it. After its all said and done I'd have never known it was modular if I hadn't seen it delivered in pieces! Lol!

My goodness .... 5 little boys!!

:seeya:

I know, right? And we never find out via ultrasound so there's always the "is it???" In the delivery room. My husband must only have the "y" kind...

PS as to the trailer question, they are making modules now that are so nice! A family bought a plot of land down the street from us and put a very nice modular home on it. After its all said and done I'd have never known it was modular if I hadn't seen it delivered in pieces! Lol!

What is your avatar about?

I know, right? And we never find out via ultrasound so there's always the "is it???" In the delivery room. My husband must only have the "y" kind...

I only have sons. I wouldn't know what to do with a girl. I think boys are easier-IMO.

What is your avatar about?

It's an ancient Christian symbol. The Greek letters actually spell the word fish in Ancient Greek but the acronym ICTHYS stands for Jesus Christ Son of God Savior. It was used as a secret symbol during times of Christian persecutions so Christians would be able to know who the other Christians were by drawing the fish. Some people call it the Jesus fish.

I only have sons. I wouldn't know what to do with a girl. I think boys are easier-IMO.

When does it get easier? They never stop! I see friends with daughters who will sit and color or play quietly. If mine aren't swinging from it or climbing from it...I swear they are part monkey (must come from the husband's side!)

Keep trying for a daughter!

Ha! That's what everyone says. I don't think I can do it again! I had a pelvic separation with my last little man and I nearly needed arm crutches. I actually had to use the little motorized shopping carts at Wal mart!

It's an ancient Christian symbol. The Greek letters actually spell the word fish in Ancient Greek but the acronym ICTHYS stands for Jesus Christ Son of God Savior. It was used as a secret symbol during times of Christian persecutions so Christians would be able to know who the other Christians were by drawing the fish. Some people call it the Jesus fish.

I know the symbol- just didn't know what all the stuff inside of.

So how hot do you suppose it is in Estrella tonight? Is the Jode-ster still in solitary? I can't imagine how cuckoo she must feel not being able to share her lies with anyone...

Buy a Dell !

I got a Dell from Walmart in February and it has Windows 8 , and I hate it also. I was pulled kicking and screaming from Windows XP (which I never really mastered much beyond reading mail and surfing the net), to Vista and was about as illiterate on it as XP, then got a nice "just because" from my husband during the JA trial and was trying my best not to venture far from WebSleuths or I'd never find my way back.

I asked my husband if they had am even dumber book for dummies on Windows 8.

When does it get easier? They never stop! I see friends with daughters who will sit and color or play quietly. If mine aren't swinging from it or climbing from it...I swear they are part monkey (must come from the husband's side!)

It will get easier- especially when they get a little older. I think girls are harder when they get to be teenagers. Besides, my sons love me to death :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme