SIDEBAR #25- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to wonder if being her own attorney has it's privileges?

Like: makeup, hair products, where she can get her shoes and clothes?
And who pays for it?:thinking:

I say no way....it isn't televised so no need to put on a show....she has enough fans to supply her with anything I bet.

I wish I could go though....it boggles the mind to think she believes she can do this.....she has had plenty of time on her hands to study....if they allowed her books....

If anyone here is going.....keep up posted...lol

This is circus. She surely knows how to play people. I wish she would just evaporate.
moo

All posts are MOO

Remind me again why was Victoria Watson allowed to withdraw but Nurmi wasn't?

IIRC, Victoria Washington said the Public Defender's Office, for whom she worked had, a conflict of interest. Supposedly they had represented Matt McCartney about something and he was a potential witness. Nurmi had already left the PD's office by this time so there was no conflict. That's my understanding anyway.

Remind me again why was Victoria Watson allowed to withdraw but Nurmi wasn't?

Do you mean Victoria Washington?

"...Victoria Washington, who was one of Arias’ attorneys until she had to resign in 2011 because of a conflict. She was replaced by Willmott....

Washington, a longtime capital-murder defense attorney, was shocked by the hatred for Arias as the case wore on.

“When you have that much spiritual and emotional energy invested in wanting someone dead and then it doesn’t happen, what do you do with that?” she said..."

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130523jodi-arias-hung-jury-mistrial.html

(IIRC- apparently she had represented someone that was somehow related to the case. This information is unconfirmed tho')

IIRC, Victoria Washington said the Public Defender's Office, for whom she worked had, a conflict of interest. Supposedly they had represented Matt McCartney about something and he was a potential witness. Nurmi had already left the PD's office by this time so there was no conflict. That's my understanding anyway.

Ooooooh, there you go. I wondered about that. thanks.

Maybe if we all write to CFJA, send her a postcard how we WANT to see her on tv, she'll file a motion to ALLOW cameras again ;-) ahh to be a fly on the wall at the sidebars.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Courts increasingly view the 6th Amendment as more than a mere right to representation.

Effective representation will be an issue because it will later be allowed to become one regardless of JSKS' assurances to the contrary.

JSKS appropriately warned the especial cruel lying torture murderess, but she does not have ultimate authority over all judicial rulings ad infinitum.

Arias has her own calculus and we can be sure that she sees herself as the smartest person to ever walk terra firma.

I just wonder what kind of shenanigans she will get up to this time? You KNOW she is going to be acting her butt off again this time. ARGH! Hope she falls flat with the jurors.

twohy.jpg

http://www.vanceholmes.com/court/twohy.jpg

Maybe if we all write to CFJA, send her a postcard how we WANT to see her on tv, she'll file a motion to ALLOW cameras again ;-) ahh to be a fly on the wall at the sidebars.

She is so narcissistic that this would probably work. ;)

I have been under the impression that there is no re-trial of the actual case that led to guilty verdict, in fact I thought that the original players would be called in to read their previous testimony, i.e. Juan would read a question, witness would read the answer. If this is the case Jodi won't have any leeway to do anything until the penalty phase is reached, then she can call witnesses, etc.

Does anyone know if I'm thinking correctly?
And also I thought no cameras, is that true?

I believe there will be cameras but the actual footage will not be released until after the sentencing phase is complete. I do think they will still be able to use twitter.

Also I do think you are correct about the questions and answers. I read it somewhere but can't recall where I saw it at the moment. No new testimony unless it falls under mitigation. Could that be right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla