SIDEBAR #34 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,..............it got down to 13 degrees last night........hmmmm......currently 20 at 8:00am. Will get up in the 60's today. Annnndddd, it was 9 degrees yesterday morning, didn't think to check it cause if the troughs have ice on them, it means it froze and it's just damn cold.

Have a feeling I'll be out with a shovel busting the swans out of the pond this winter. They spend 95% of their time in the water, when it really freezes, they'll be out in the center of the pond with about 4 square feet of navigable water........:gaah:

Have 2 cords of wood from last year and another 2 being delivered on Monday, have to be prepared!
Got a foal blanket for Zuri, but she seems to be doing just fine. She's been munching pellets and hay for the last 10 days.

No precip for the next 10 days............

When I moved here from Texas and it got down to 50 degrees one day, my neighbor was working on his car in a tee shirt. I asked him why he didn't have a coat on, as I was freezing. He laughed and asked where I was from. He was originally from Chicago and said 50 was warm. I thought he was nuts. As it grew colder, I asked a friend how they did it! She said one word. Layering. Lots of thin layers next to your skin. Then you peel them off as the day wears on. It works! I know people in the South don't understand. All they can wear is one layer. LOL. And then one heavy coat on a cold day. That just won't work here in the North.

But we get the beautiful four seasons. Just when you get sick of one season, the next one arrives in all it's splendor. Love living here.

ETA: Grammie where do you live?

I live in Arizona :) I do layer, and then peel off as the day goes on. I think it will be up in the low 70's. I think if I lived where it's really cold all day I just wouldn't go out at all. LOL 50 to me is freezing.

"...busting swans out of the pond..." Love it!! :floorlaugh:

Hi everyone. It is 55 here in Phoenix. That is way too cold. We will be 75 today which is still kind of cold for me.
I am a 90 degree and up girl.
I am so glad you all are not frozen.
I need to be off to the eye doctor. I get the one layer thing. I might wear a coat and take if off before I go in. I can't stand to wear all those clothes.
I am so glad that baby zuri is doing well.

Grammies, I could not get your picture to open.

Grammie!! OMG, it's her evil eye! :giggle:

According to the National Weather Service and meteorologist Eric Holthaus, all 50 states hit 32 degrees or lower on Tuesday.

Yep. Even Hawaii, where Mauna Kea, a dormant volcano reaching 13,800 feet above sea level, was below freezing

Grammie!! OMG,

According to the National Weather Service and meteorologist Eric Holthaus, all 50 states hit 32 degrees or lower on Tuesday.

Yep. Even Hawaii, where Mauna Kea, a dormant volcano reaching 13,800 feet above sea level, was below freezing
Just that evil eye a wishin and hopin and prayin she could have some turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. Lol.

I live in Arizona :) I do layer, and then peel off as the day goes on. I think it will be up in the low 70's. I think if I lived where it's really cold all day I just wouldn't go out at all. LOL 50 to me is freezing.

Oh I wishi could be in AZ this winter!

Hi everyone. It is 55 here in Phoenix. That is way too cold. We will be 75 today which is still kind of cold for me.
I need to be off to the eye doctor. I get the one layer thing. I might wear a coat and take if off before I go in. I can't stand to wear all those clothes.

See post #11

You and my sister. If it gets below 80 she gets depressed. When it gets above 80, I stay in the air conditioning. What is normal temps for Phoenix? Isn't it a high elevation? I know very little about AZ. I did go to Tucson once In February and it was awesome! And I know the convicted killer will spend her life there. Other than that, that's all I know. :(

Hey from Delaware. 28.6 degrees in the sun and the wind is blowing at 24 mph. The ground is way frozen. Last week it was high 50's so I was not prepared for Winter to arrive so quickly. Thankfully, not in Buffalo. 6 feet of snow!

I am in the process of watching the cross examination of Jodi, Just a quick question. Does she ever answer a question directly??? Every question seems to take ages, having to go around the block and back just for her to answer yes or no. The smirk is driving me insane!

You and my sister. If it gets below 80 she gets depressed. When it gets above 80, I stay in the air conditioning. What is normal temps for Phoenix? Isn't it a high elevation? I know very little about AZ. I did go to Tucson once In February and it was awesome! And I know the convicted killer will spend her life there. Other than that, that's all I know. :(

Phoenix is around 1100 feet. Where I'm at, it's about 5000 feet.
Temps below 32 degrees are really unusual down there. My dad had an acre and 1/2 of citrus trees, when it got close to freezing, he and anyone else with orchards opened up the irrigation gates. The water came out a around 70 degrees and pushed the cold air up and away from the fruit.

At one point, Arizona was a big contributor to the citrus industry.

I am in the process of watching the cross examination of Jodi, Just a quick question. Does she ever answer a question directly??? Every question seems to take ages, having to go around the block and back just for her to answer yes or no. The smirk is driving me insane!

BBM. VERY rarely.

Marking my spot and the trivia of the day

322 days to November 18th, and 43days before we ring in the new year. I pray it will be better.

1928 - Mickey Mouse made his debut in Steamboat Willie.

Happy 86th Birthday Mickey!! I collect all things Mickey Mouse!!

Attachments

• MickeyMouse.jpg
    MickeyMouse.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 287
Good morning all! :wave:

I see that the talk is all about the weather... not to offend anyone in the East, but it will be about 58 today with RAIN!!!!! Also tomorrow we shall have MORE RAIN!!!
umbrella-smiley.gif

YESorNO and everyone else who have frozen car doors might try getting around in one of these...
sleigh-smiley.gif
Stay warm you all!!

Okay - off to read some other threads... :seeya:

Since everyone is talking about the weather...
It's 27 degrees here. Feels like 14 degrees. I have no heating fuel until Friday.

I'm sitting here with my winter coat and snow boots on. lol

Since everyone is talking about the weather...
It's 27 degrees here. Feels like 14 degrees. I have no heating fuel until Friday.

I'm sitting here with my winter coat and snow boots on. lol

Oh my! Do you have space heaters? I hope your pipes don't freeze!

Oh my! Do you have space heaters? I hope your pipes don't freeze!

2 space heaters. I think that will be enough to keep the pipes warm enough.

Last Winter we ran out of fuel and 4 of my 12 year old fish died. I am so not looking forward to the next few months,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd