B9cR7eWCYAA-tZp.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9cR7eWCYAA-tZp.jpg
------------

B9cR7XaCAAEjQu9.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9cR7XaCAAEjQu9.jpg
----------------------

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Try this http://www.leagle.com/decision/In ...20v. IGNACIO

Post 1047 in the retrial thread also has the link posted.

another motion from the warden in 2009:

"...Sechrest committed horrible, brutal crimes. The
Court of Appeals erred in its analysis. The Warden
respectfully asks this Court to grant certiorari and
review this case..."

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/09-63_pet.pdf

That petition denied:

"Oct 5 2009 Petition DENIED"

So what happened in SECHREST v. BAKER and "possible further appeals and resentencing"? can't find anything else after 2009

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-63.htm

"..The U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ordered Nevada authorities to remove Ricky David Sechrest from death row pending possible further appeals and resentencing."

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/06/nation/na-deathpenalty6

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2m2 minutes ago
AZ Supreme Ct added #JodiArias appeal to agenda for tomorrow. But NOT oral argument. So not clear if that is reason for no trial tomorrow.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 42s42 seconds ago
DeMarte just said that #jodiarias not writing in her journal about the TA masturbation incident implies it didn't happen.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 28s29 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi is putting up a journal entry by Jodi and the "No sexual or physical abuse" #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 20s21 seconds ago
Now Nurmi accuses DeMarte of relying on #jodiarias self reports when they are favorable to the state and otherwise discounting them as lies.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner 34s35 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi tells DeMarte: You only rely on what #JodiArias reports if it benefits the state #TravisAlexander #abc15

Says Mr We'll Take Your Diagnosis of BPD Thank You Very Much! *rolleyes*

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 15s15 seconds ago
Dr. DeMarte says psychological disorder is behaviors or emotions that cause severe distress. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 24s25 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Jury- How does this work for someone that has retained you? #jodiarias #3tvarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 21s22 seconds ago
This definition includes borderline personality disorder, says Dr. DeMarte #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 13s13 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
DeMarte- There are specialty guidelines for prosecutors for instance and it's my job to fully inform them #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 24s24 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
J- How did you discuss this with the prosecutor
D- We talked about the answers and I had to educate and inform him #jodiarias #3tvarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 21s21 seconds ago
Juan asks DeMarte if #JodiArias is incompetent because of her mental illness or psychological disorder. Sidebar

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 27s28 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
J- Have you ever run a seminar and had counsel you were working for speak at it
DeMarte- No
#jodiarias #3tvarias

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 8s9 seconds ago
Martinez asking about "psychological disorder"-"borderline personality disorder"-"mental illness"
#jodiairas #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 39s40 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
D-Mental illness is just another label for psy disorder
Juan- Does this mean the defendant is incompetent? #jodiarias #3tvarias #sidebar

BBM

My favourite quote of the day.

They are using her "Mental Illnesses" now! It just keeps getting nuttier and nuttier as the days go by.

I noticed that too. I thought the "secret testimony" was because of threats? Now it's her "mental state".

Just play her 18 days on the stand, that'll do it.

Checked out the Seacrest court finding:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In FCO 20081205080.xml/SECHREST v. IGNACIO

The 5 issues before the court

(1) denial of a fair trial because of prosecutorial misconduct regarding comments on executive clemency, (2) violation of Sixth Amendment right to effective assistance of counsel because of failure of trial court to appoint Sechrest a second attorney, (3) violation of Fifth Amendment right against selfincrimination by admission into evidence of petitioner's statements to police, (4) violation of Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination because of admission into evidence of Dr. Gerow's testimony, and (5) violation of Sixth Amendment right to effective assistance of counsel because of trial counsel's failure to prevent or prepare for Dr. Gerow's testimony.

Whatever, CMJA...........

:heartbeat: ~ Thinking of you sweet Zuri ~ :heartbeat:

Somewhere...somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some Paradise where horses go.
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.

Stanley Harrison

http://hoofbeats-in-heaven.com/HIH/

This brought me to tears. Your kindness is overwhelming. Xoxo

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1m1 minute ago
Some days my Twitter feed makes me think I've been sucked through a space wrinkle into a game of Trivial Pursuit: The Jodi Arias Edition.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 51s52 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Detective Flores is gathering some evidence for Juan while they are sidebaring #jodiarias #3tvarias

He blocked me after I made a comment that he must be proud of CMJA after he got all giddy that possible child pron was on Travis' computer. Free Speech! LOL

Don't be surprised if they come up with enough motions and other maneuvers to keep this debacle going the next 2 or 3 months. They've got nothing but time and the judge is not forcing them to finish within a specific timeframe, so they'll keep flogging this case as long as they can.

This phase is a massive waste of time & money. Yes, I know the Alexander family wants her to get the DP in the worst way possible. Well it's proceeding in the worst way possible, sucking dry the coffers of Arizona along the way. Hope they all think it's worth it in the end; as for me, I'm not sure it is since she won't be executed anyway. Basically $3M+ has been thrown away for the illusion of something that will likely never come to pass (execution in the death chamber).

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1m1 minute ago
The journal entry: "people are dropping my name as possibly having something to do with Travis' death." Payback for immorality? she asks.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
#JodiArias diary entry: (Ryan) made me aware that people are dropping my name as possibility having something to do with Travis’ death.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago Phoenix, AZ
Journal entry July 9, 2008
It's Jodi's birthday. She spoke with Ryan and they didn't talk much (3 hours) #jodiarias #3tvarias

Ryan made her aware people were dropping her name about TA's death. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 1m1 minute ago
DeMarte reading #JodiArias' journal entry about people thinking she had something to do with #TravisAlexander's death. She's dumbfounded.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner 58s59 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
#JodiArias diary entry: I know in my heart I had nothing to do with such a horrific tragedy (writing about #travisalexander death) #abc15

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias says she knows in her heart, she's innocent and offers some other scenarios in her diary entry.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 59s60 seconds ago
DeMarte reads long #JodiArias journal entry after killing Travis. She compartmentalizes as if she knows nothing. Creepy to hear.

Jodi says she's knows what's true and this is poisoning Utah for her #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 41s42 seconds ago
#jodiarias journal entry: "There is is nothing he could have possibly done to deserve what happened to him." Can DeMarte take at face value?

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 1m1 minute ago
Creepy-weird-bizarre-DeMarte continues to read jurors twisted writings of #jodiairas post-Alexander's murder #3tvarias

#jodiarias says maybe this is what I get for my sexually transgressions, "wonder what TA is going through right now" #jodiarias #3tvarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 1m1 minute ago
But oddly, does this #jodiarias journal entry make her seem more unhinged and less of a candidate for death penalty?

This is a murder, homicide. Who could harm TA? We did have arguments but loving and kindness. He didn't deserve death. Not for him or for me

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 31s32 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Jodi says she had nothing to do with this tragedy and she takes comfort in the truth #jodiarias #3tvarias

Re: Steve Kraft. Would make her more of one for me. It's obvious BS because she tried to cover up her tracks. She wouldn't do that if she was out of it.

Mentally ill doesn't necessarily mean "doesn't know right from wrong."

Arias knew the difference and took measures to try and avoid detection.

For a comparison: Andrea Yates is the real definition of "mentally ill and not legally culpable." She did not know right from wrong and had documented psychosis going back years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23