SIDEBAR #53 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;ihyekVpdtWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ihyekVpdtWw[/video]

Just watched Jon Stewart's last day hosting The Daily Show. Sad to see his tenure end.

Still, I was glad that it didn't devolve into something maudlin, which so often happens in these situations.

Instead, he spent much of the time turning the focus on all the amazing talent that The Daily Show helped to foster over the years.

The list is staggering: Steve Carrell, John Oliver, Samantha Bee, Stephen Colbert, Lewis Black, John Hodgman, Olivia Munn, Ed Helms, Rob Corddry, and so many others. What a great legacy for Jon Stewart, and what a gift that we have seen the rise of so many great comedic talents as a result of their time on his show.

Even the ending was more celebratory than sad, with "The Boss," Bruce Springsteen, performing, which led to a dance party involving both behind-the-scene staff and on-camera talent.

What a splendid send-off. Way to go, Jon Stewart! You will be missed.

Just watched Jon Stewart's last day hosting The Daily Show. Sad to see his tenure end.

Still, I was glad that it didn't devolve into something maudlin, which so often happens in these situations.

Instead, he spent much of the time turning the focus on all the amazing talent that The Daily Show helped to foster over the years.

The list is staggering: Steve Carrell, John Oliver, Samantha Bee, Stephen Colbert, Lewis Black, John Hodgman, Olivia Munn, Ed Helms, Rob Corddry, and so many others. What a great legacy for Jon Stewart, and what a gift that we have seen the rise of so many great comedic talents as a result of their time on his show.

Even the ending was more celebratory than sad, with "The Boss," Bruce Springsteen, performing, which led to a dance party involving both behind-the-scene staff and on-camera talent.

What a splendid send-off. Way to go, Jon Stewart! You will be missed.

Hi Gigi :wave:
I haven't watched it yet, but I taped it! I love Jon Stewart. I was sad when Stephen Colbert left his show, because they made such a great hilarious team. But they have both continued to be just fine on their own. I will miss Jon as well!

Some hotel guests are now pondering how much to tip a robot, as room service goes the way of the Jetsons. How much would you tip Mr. Robot?

[video=youtube;wwIYSofgpY0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwIYSofgpY0[/video]

10 Biggest Face-Washing Mistakes You're Making

Washing your face seems like the least complicated part of your beauty routine, right? Turns out that some common lathering habits can cause a whole list of skin woes, including dryness, irritation, oiliness, and breakouts. Read on to learn the 10 biggest face-washing mistakes—and how fixing them can alleviate nagging skin problems.

1. Picking the wrong product
The right cleanser should completely remove dirt, makeup, and grime, but not strip away too much of your skin's natural oils or healthy cells. Find one that does the job and is neither too gentle (you have to wash twice or scrub hard to cleanse thoroughly), nor too harsh (it makes your skin red and irritated or tight after drying).

2. Overdoing it
For the most part, washing once or twice a day is good protocol but any more can irritate skin, ironically leading to an overproduction of oil. If you didn’t wear makeup, slather on sunscreen, or sweat much that day, skip the cleanser at night and try rinsing with tepid water. Giving your skin a break from the cycle of products is healthy from time to time.

3. Using the wrong water temp
Myth: hot water opens pores and cold water closes them. The reality is that pores don’t have muscles to open and close. While hot water may feel good on your skin, it can screw with your skin’s natural, protective oils and lead to over-drying or over production of sebum. Lukewarm water is the best bet to cleanse gently yet effectively.

4. Exfoliating too much
Exfoliation is a healthy practice to slough off dead skin cells, but moderation is key. Cool it on grainy exfoliants (sugar scrubs and fruit acids are a gentler pick) and stick to exfoliating 2 to 3 times per week max. Use your fingers instead of a washcloth when exfoliating to prevent pulling and tugging of the skin.

5. Not rinsing well enough
Skimping on rinsing leads to residue build-up, which can clog pores and dry out skin. Rinse thoroughly, even when you’re rushing in the morning or dog-tired at night. The jawline, hairline, and nose are the most commonly neglected spots, so show them some love!

6. Using irritating ingredients
Do your face a favor and avoid irritating ingredients such as fragrances, colorants, and synthetic preservatives such as parabens. Sodium lauryl sulfate is another one to sidestep—it’s commonly used as a surfactant to wash away debris, but is also a common cause of irritation and allergic reaction. Always read ingredient labels.

7. Towel rubbing
Pat, don’t rub. Rubbing can feel really good, but it tugs and pulls your skin, which puts your elastin at risk. And don’t just grab the nearest hand towel, used or not. Friends don’t let friends spread bacteria—especially all over a nice, clean face. Designate a clean, soft towel to blot your fresh face.

8. Waiting to moisturize
To maximize absorption and help seal in moisture, apply moisturizers immediately after cleansing while skin is still damp. The same goes for serums and special treatment products. Waiting until your skin is completely dry will make it harder for the active ingredients to sink into your skin and can cause skin to feel greasy or tacky.

9. Spending a fortune
Shelling out a small fortune for face wash may not be the most prudent purchase. Look for one with simple, natural ingredients and save your dough for products that will actually stay on your skin and offer longer-term benefits, like serums and moisturizers.

10. Fearing oils
For a long time, oils were considered skin’s pore-clogging nemesis, but the tide of opinion is changing. Experts say that all skin types can benefit from cleansing with oil, even oily and blemish-prone skin. Oil dissolves oil, after all. The right oils will cleanse pores of dirt and bacteria, and help heal and balance skin. Look for cleansing oil products with natural, plant-based oils, or you can even try a high-quality almond oil, apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, or sunflower oil from the grocery store. (Coconut oil and olive oil may work for some, but have been known to cause problems for others.) Simply massage the oil on your face and wipe with a soft washcloth dunked in warm water. Just be sure to wipe away the oil thoroughly to prevent residual build up and keep pores clear.

http://www.prevention.com/beauty/ho...=10153450247166469&adbpl=fb&adbpr=87494991468

It's good to see jane the dood back :) and just where is our lovely Y/N been hiding at? Hope everything is OK her way...

Dmacky you were sure up early this morning (or you hadn't been to bed yet). You doing ok my southern friend?

Fruit of the Day

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Seems we can't escape from inmate 281129!
Not only did she STEAL Travis's LIFE, his engagement ring, journals and passwords etc...BUT
she also stole my darn abbreviation from my own State of Kentucky.
Now she's stealing our beloved pears, if you get my drift... shoo wee :butthead: :giggle:

It's good to see jane the dood back :) and just where is our lovely Y/N been hiding at? Hope everything is OK her way...

Dmacky you were sure up early this morning (or you hadn't been to bed yet). You doing ok my southern friend?

It is good to see Jane back ~ we have missed you!
I'm worried about YoN myself. She hasn't posted since last Friday night, August the first. Did anyone read anything about her going on vacation, or anything remotely like taking a break? I sure didn't see it if she did. I wish she would just pop in and at least tell us if she's ok :frown:

I'm going through a bout of insomnia I suppose. I've been up since 3:40 :gaah:
I'll usually catch an hour or so nap during day < which seems to make me so irritable that I can't even stand to be around my own self! I need at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night to be somewhat productive the next day. At least I did get 10 more minutes of sleep than I did the night before, so I'm grateful for that.
I have NEVER ever had any trouble sleeping until July. I think a lot of us here will agree that the month of July this year sucked!

Here's a blast from the past (the good ole days) ~

[video=youtube;4QEqLTbEXy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QEqLTbEXy0[/video]

Not only did she STEAL Travis's LIFE, his engagement ring, journals and passwords etc...BUT
Now she's stealing our beloved pears, if you get my drift... shoo wee :butthead: :giggle:

Oh my!! :laughing: that's the POST of the Day!!!! Good one ;)

Just picked some cucumbers from my garden and found this interesting article about them. Dmacky, you might want to check out #4 if you wind up taking a nap today. :)

10 Things You Should Know About Cucumbers
It's not your ordinary vegetable.

By abbygrinberg

Well, we know who has replaced Panacea, Greek goddess of universal remedy: the cucumber. They&#8217;re delicious, yes, but cucumbers are so much more than just taste. Here are ten things that the supernatural cucumber does.

1. Is there more to cucumbers than just water?
Cucumbers also contain Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, Folic Acid, Calcium, Vitamin C, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, and Zinc. All of these important nutrients to keep you healthy and happy.

2. Stressed?
Cut up a cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water. The chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react with the boiling water and be released in the steam, creating a calming and comforting aroma.

3. Had a few too many drinks last night?
We&#8217;ve all been in your shoes. Cucumbers contain enough B vitamins, electrolytes, and sugar to replenish essential nutrients that alcohol absorbs from your body. Say goodbye to morning hangovers after eating a cucumber before you go to sleep.

4. Need a pick-me-up after a long nap?
Stay away from coffee and other caffeinated drinks and eat a cucumber instead. Cucumbers are chock-full of B vitamins and carbohydrates that can provide just the energy you need.

5. Want to give your bathroom a quick and easy clean?
All you need is a slice of a cucumber to get rid of any tarnish or built-up residue. Take the slice and wipe it on any surface that needs some extra care.

6. Writing that dreaded essay with a pen and made a mistake?
Have no fear, the cucumber is here. Take the peel and slowly erase away the pen writing. You&#8217;ll have a clean page in no time.

7. Struggling to stay hydrated during the day?
Try snacking on some cucumbers. They are made up of 95% water and will help quench your thirst.

8. Hate how your bathroom mirror fogs up after a shower?
Rub a cucumber slice along the mirror. It will eliminate the steam and provide a relaxing, spa-like fragrance.

9. Forgot a pack of gum on your first date?
Ask your waiter (or come prepared) for (with) some sliced cucumbers. Take a slice and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds. The phytochemicals in the cucumber will kill the bacteria responsible for bad breath.

10. Ever hear the term &#8220;cool as a cucumber&#8221;?
The saying comes from the cucumber&#8217;s ability to cool the temperature of the blood. When applied to your skin, the cucumber cools blood and eases facial swelling which is why cucumbers are so popular in facial regimens.

Never take a cucumber for granted again. I mean seriously, look at everything it&#8217;s good for. Try these ten uses and get the most out of your vegetables.

http://brandeis.spoonuniversity.com/featured/10-things-know-cucumbers/

Thanks anyway BDE's but I'll pass. I started to watch her 2nd. trial, but couldn't stand to hear her voice go on and on and on for one more second of my life! I wish she had gone away to prison in 2013. If it wasn't for that sex tape with her screaming like a cat in heat, and all those disgusting pics of her naked with her legs spread and especially > :butthead: she would NOT have so many perverted men supporting her. :vomit:

Here's a little ditty that might help explain some the people who are drawn to her.

http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2015/...ild-*advertiser censored*-rap-7-years-in-pen/
BBM - Yes, the types that propose marriage. :facepalm::laughing:

https://twitter.com/talking_2_crazy/status/629476479911464960/photo/1

Some hotel guests are now pondering how much to tip a robot, as room service goes the way of the Jetsons. How much would you tip Mr. Robot?

Nothing, what would it do with money, lol. :wave:

Morning! :wave:

on Jon Stewart - I too watched his show! Too bad he is leaving. He should to a couple of specials when the elections come close - that would be a hoot!! Stephen Colbert starts the Late Show on Sept. 8th. I'll be watching that! I like him.

I'm :laughing: at the fruit of the day! :lol:

Cucumbers - I like to eat them in vinegar and pepper. YUM!!

I thought the Republican debates were really good! I'm a Democrat - so that says a lot! LOL!

Okay peoples! Off to see what the jury on the Holmes trial has decided! Hopefully, the verdict will be today!!

Later! :seeya:

Attachments

• HappyFriday.jpg
    HappyFriday.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 77

I've been wondering about Y/N too, maybe she's just taking a nice relaxing vacation. Hopefully she'll check in soon.

Niner, I love cucumbers with onions in vinegar, not straight but diluted with water, about 1:1. Add salt and let them marinade for a bit, one of my favorite foods, yumyum. :skip:
Makes my mouth draw up just thinking about it :giggle:

EGADS!!! :hills: I'm glad I don't eat pears, :lol:

10 Biggest Face-Washing Mistakes You're Making

Washing your face seems like the least complicated part of your beauty routine, right? Turns out that some common lathering habits can cause a whole list of skin woes, including dryness, irritation, oiliness, and breakouts. Read on to learn the 10 biggest face-washing mistakes&#8212;and how fixing them can alleviate nagging skin problems.

1. Picking the wrong product
The right cleanser should completely remove dirt, makeup, and grime, but not strip away too much of your skin's natural oils or healthy cells. Find one that does the job and is neither too gentle (you have to wash twice or scrub hard to cleanse thoroughly), nor too harsh (it makes your skin red and irritated or tight after drying).

2. Overdoing it
For the most part, washing once or twice a day is good protocol but any more can irritate skin, ironically leading to an overproduction of oil. If you didn&#8217;t wear makeup, slather on sunscreen, or sweat much that day, skip the cleanser at night and try rinsing with tepid water. Giving your skin a break from the cycle of products is healthy from time to time.

3. Using the wrong water temp
Myth: hot water opens pores and cold water closes them. The reality is that pores don&#8217;t have muscles to open and close. While hot water may feel good on your skin, it can screw with your skin&#8217;s natural, protective oils and lead to over-drying or over production of sebum. Lukewarm water is the best bet to cleanse gently yet effectively.

4. Exfoliating too much
Exfoliation is a healthy practice to slough off dead skin cells, but moderation is key. Cool it on grainy exfoliants (sugar scrubs and fruit acids are a gentler pick) and stick to exfoliating 2 to 3 times per week max. Use your fingers instead of a washcloth when exfoliating to prevent pulling and tugging of the skin.

5. Not rinsing well enough
Skimping on rinsing leads to residue build-up, which can clog pores and dry out skin. Rinse thoroughly, even when you&#8217;re rushing in the morning or dog-tired at night. The jawline, hairline, and nose are the most commonly neglected spots, so show them some love!

6. Using irritating ingredients
Do your face a favor and avoid irritating ingredients such as fragrances, colorants, and synthetic preservatives such as parabens. Sodium lauryl sulfate is another one to sidestep&#8212;it&#8217;s commonly used as a surfactant to wash away debris, but is also a common cause of irritation and allergic reaction. Always read ingredient labels.

7. Towel rubbing
Pat, don&#8217;t rub. Rubbing can feel really good, but it tugs and pulls your skin, which puts your elastin at risk. And don&#8217;t just grab the nearest hand towel, used or not. Friends don&#8217;t let friends spread bacteria&#8212;especially all over a nice, clean face. Designate a clean, soft towel to blot your fresh face.

8. Waiting to moisturize
To maximize absorption and help seal in moisture, apply moisturizers immediately after cleansing while skin is still damp. The same goes for serums and special treatment products. Waiting until your skin is completely dry will make it harder for the active ingredients to sink into your skin and can cause skin to feel greasy or tacky.

9. Spending a fortune
Shelling out a small fortune for face wash may not be the most prudent purchase. Look for one with simple, natural ingredients and save your dough for products that will actually stay on your skin and offer longer-term benefits, like serums and moisturizers.

10. Fearing oils
For a long time, oils were considered skin&#8217;s pore-clogging nemesis, but the tide of opinion is changing. Experts say that all skin types can benefit from cleansing with oil, even oily and blemish-prone skin. Oil dissolves oil, after all. The right oils will cleanse pores of dirt and bacteria, and help heal and balance skin. Look for cleansing oil products with natural, plant-based oils, or you can even try a high-quality almond oil, apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, or sunflower oil from the grocery store. (Coconut oil and olive oil may work for some, but have been known to cause problems for others.) Simply massage the oil on your face and wipe with a soft washcloth dunked in warm water. Just be sure to wipe away the oil thoroughly to prevent residual build up and keep pores clear.

http://www.prevention.com/beauty/ho...=10153450247166469&adbpl=fb&adbpr=87494991468

I have used Oil of Olay since I was twenty five years old. I don't know if it's that , but people say I don't look my age and think I'm in my fifties.

I've been wondering about Y/N too, maybe she's just taking a nice relaxing vacation. Hopefully she'll check in soon.

Niner, I love cucumbers with onions in vinegar, not straight but diluted with water, about 1:1. Add salt and let them marinade for a bit, one of my favorite foods, yumyum. :skip:
Makes my mouth draw up just thinking about it :giggle:

My mother did that, and she'd do beets that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆