SIDEBAR #55 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how is everyone doing, I have a while of catching up to do again I'm so behind. :seeya:

23 Words You’ll Only Understand If You’re From Indiana
For fun :)

1. Forecast
What it usually means: A prediction of the weather patterns in the coming days.
What it means in Indiana: A pointless prediction that will literally never be accurate.

2. Pop
What it usually means: The act of releasing air, or pus, from something like a pimple or balloon.
What it means in Indiana: A carbonated beverage, such as Sprite, to be enjoyed at your leisure.

3. Padiddle
What it usually means: Literal gibberish.
What it means in Indiana: YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE IF YOU’RE IN A CAR AND NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

4. Puppy Chow
What it usually means: A snack, presumably for a puppy.
What it means in Indiana: A snack for humans that should be consumed literally whenever and however possible.

5. Deer
What other people think it means: A four-legged animal that lives in the woods.
What it means in Indiana: The reason for all the dents in your car and more expensive car insurance bill.

6. Autumn
What it usually means: The season before winter when the leaves start to change.
What it means in Indiana: The season before winter when everyone drives around to stare at leaves.

7. Fireworks
What it usually means: Explosive devices that are used for entertainment during the month of July.
What it means in Indiana: The reason your neighbors hate you from June 25 to the end of July.

8. Verizon
What it usually means: The name of a phone company.
What it means in Indiana: The name of the concert venue in Noblesville that will never change no matter what you rename it.

9. Country
What other people think it means: An area outside of a city, usually surrounded by lots of land and few people.
What it means in Indiana: A concert, and a reason to purchase cowboy boots that you may wear only one time.

10. Corn
What it usually means: A vegetable that can be eaten and is especially good in the summer.
What it means in Indiana: Something that will hide you from your parents forever and a surefire sign that you’re close to home.

11. Hoosier
What it usually means: A singer? Oh wait, that’s Hozier.
What it means in Indiana: The namesake of the movie we were forced to watch in school throughout the years and a huge fanbase.

12. Spring
What it usually means: The season before summer, usually showing up around March.
What it means in Indiana: The season before summer that will show up in April if you’re lucky and MUSHROOM-HUNTING SEASON.

13. Boilermaker
What it usually means: A craftsman who produces steel fabrications and stuff.
What it means in Indiana: A Purdue University student, alum, or fan. Boiler. Up.

14. Snow Days
What it usually means: A day off from school due to excessive snow.
What it means in Indiana: A day off from school that rarely ever happens but you still hope for it every year anyway.

15. Hoo Hoo
What it usually means: The sound an owl makes.
What it means in Indiana: The battle cry of IU.

16. Irish
What it usually means: A nation and ethnic group that originates from Ireland.
What it means in Indiana: Anyone who lives within 10 miles of South Bend.

17. Colt
What it usually means: A baby horse.
What it means in Indiana: A promise to believe in blue.

18. Region
What it usually means: An area or division of a geographical place.
What it means in Indiana: Basically Chicago.

19. Tom Petty
What it usually means: An American musician and songwriter.
What it means in Indiana: The guy who can be credited with most girls’ Facebook status at one point or another… “She grew up small and she grew up right, with them Indiana boys, on them Indiana nights.”

20. Summer
What it usually means: A season before autumn that can generally be classified by warmer weather.
What it means in Indiana: Construction!!!!!!!

21. Bird
What it usually means: An animal that can fly.
What it means in Indiana: A legendary guy named Larry.

22. Patriot
What it usually means: Someone who feels strong support for their country.
What it means in Indiana: The enemy.

23. Indiana
What it usually means: A state in middle America.
What it means to you: Home.

Irish Eggs
--------------------------------------------------
2 tablespoons butter
6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 onion, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
6 eggs, beaten
-------------------------------------------------
Directions
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add potatoes, (I usually peel mine and cook in the microwave for a couple of minutes before I slice them ), onion and green pepper; saute until potatoes are browned. Stir in eggs and cook until eggs are set. Serve warm.

Philly Cheese Steak Cheese Ball

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons olive oil
¾ cup diced onion
¾ cup diced green bell pepper
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup thinly sliced cooked/grilled steak, cut into small bites
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¾ cup provolone cheese grated
½ cup panko bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons melted butter

Instructions
1.In a medium skillet, heat oil and add onions and green pepper. Cook on medium high until tender. Set aside and allow to cool.
2.In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, onion-green pepper mixture, steak and garlic powder. Stir in provolone cheese.
3.Form a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4.In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add Panko bread crumbs. Stirring constantly allow bread crumbs to become golden brown. Cool crumbs for 10 minutes and then roll the cheese ball in the crumbs.
5.Serve with crackers or toasted baguette bread.

1966 - Reach Out I’ll Be There - Four Tops tops the charts.

[video=youtu;5SpkOcbVYS0]http://youtu.be/5SpkOcbVYS0[/video]

Morning! :wave:

ILikeToBendPages said:
1966 - Reach Out I’ll Be There - Four Tops tops the charts.

YEP! :D Have that one too! I LOVE Motown Music!

What a Cutie!! Love the picture!

I noticed you started the last thread for us - can you start another NEW one... it took me 10 minutes just to get into here and read... :gaah:

:wave: neesaki!!!!

Not many people posting... must be cause this thread takes sooooo loooonnnngggg to get it up??!!!

Off to my other threads!

Later! :seeya:

and hopefully, I can post this "sharing" picture!!
Edit to add: and another 30 minutes to just post this post.... :gaah: a thousand times!!! Okay - sorry - no picture today - it just won't let me go to "Go Advanced", so this hopefully will be a "Quick Reply"

Spellbound, thinking of you today with your dental procedure. I just can't imagine your pain. IMO there is nothing worse than mouth/teeth pain. The medications I have taken have caused me to have just about every tooth root canaled. I hope this procedure helps. CFS is no joke and a lot of people don't realize the side effects and ramifications of the illness. I think you are amazing. Wishing you little pain and a speedy recovery. Xoxo

Many thanks to those of you who have agreed to take some of my stash of crafts! I am so excited to get in there and start boxing it up for you when I can. I love the fact that beautiful things can be shared and appreciated with such lovely people!

I can't believe it is 8 weeks until Christmas. Where has this year gone? For those of you who go to the stores or malls, are the Christmas decorations out/up yet? Is there Christmas music playing?

The leaves are still on the trees here in Delaware and have not fully changed colors yet. Usually, the third week in October it is glorious with leaf color change. Maybe because we haven't had much rain? Is everyone else on schedule with their leaves changing? I lost a month somewhere being sick and I am a bit confused to say the least lol.

Spellie - was today extractions day? Be careful what you eat ... nothing spicy, hot, etc. and be sure not to suck on anything. No straws, ciggies, etc. A dry socket is extremely painful so if you start feeling severe pain rush back to your dentist for a dab of oil of clove. :heartbeat::heartbeat:

I can't believe it is 8 weeks until Christmas. Where has this year gone? For those of you who go to the stores or malls, are the Christmas decorations out/up yet? Is there Christmas music playing?

The leaves are still on the trees here in Delaware and have not fully changed colors yet. Usually, the third week in October it is glorious with leaf color change. Maybe because we haven't had much rain? Is everyone else on schedule with their leaves changing? I lost a month somewhere being sick and I am a bit confused to say the least lol.

Just by chance daughter's sprung me---yes Xmas is present at the mall

Hi , if she had so many mental problems , why in the hell was she DRIVING??? parents ,Doctorr ?
? :badmood:
----\

I'm beginning to think we shuldd cutno. of pgs to 10, sstaart new site "foes ooff Joodi" this is bbaddd

Many thanks to those of you who have agreed to take some of my stash of crafts! I am so excited to get in there and start boxing it up for you when I can. I love the fact that beautiful things can be shared and appreciated with such lovely people!

Do you have an anvil and forge hidden in there? That is what my twenty year old grandson wants for Chirstmas.

Hey!

Zuri - the stores here already have Christmas stuff out in one aisle, and the next one has Halloween stuff, and another one has stuff for Thanksgiving... this is our RiteAid store here! Also the supermarket has Christmas stuff too. WAY too early for me!!

I shop thru catalogs I get all year long! No malls for this girl! :D

Does anyone know "who" the Mod is for this thread? I'd like to ask them to start a new thread for us. And I agree Nore we should cut off at least 9 pages of posts! :)

Well, tomorrow I probably won't be posting in the morning, depending upon what time I get up, as I have to take the Huz to the hematologist for his bone marrow results! :fingers: fingers crossed that it will be a "simple" solution!

See you all tomorrow - hopefully come back to a new shiny thread!! :happydance:

:seeya:

added: see to have no problem right now to post... we shall see! :D oohhh - I might be able to post a picture!

Attachments

• TravelMOre.jpg
    TravelMOre.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 62
OK, now I'm having trouble with this thread. I will ask the MOD if we can get a new thread :) All I do is click on that little black triangular sign on the left side of post...wish me luck :)

ETA: sent the message for a new thread :)

Spellbound, thinking of you today with your dental procedure. I just can't imagine your pain. IMO there is nothing worse than mouth/teeth pain. The medications I have taken have caused me to have just about every tooth root canaled. I hope this procedure helps. CFS is no joke and a lot of people don't realize the side effects and ramifications of the illness. I think you are amazing. Wishing you little pain and a speedy recovery. Xoxo

Thanks so much, Zuri. Very few people understand CFS. I am doing pretty well after the extractions.

Spellie - was today extractions day? Be careful what you eat ... nothing spicy, hot, etc. and be sure not to suck on anything. No straws, ciggies, etc. A dry socket is extremely painful so if you start feeling severe pain rush back to your dentist for a dab of oil of clove. :heartbeat::heartbeat:

Thank you, daisymae! It has been 12 hours since my dental work (extractions and a bone removal from an over-extended tori). I am STILL partially numb. The only good thing is that I could not drink until the past hour, and still very carefully. Eating is impossible still..... what I might get down tastes like metal! Yuck. I may have found the perfect diet. (couldn't get him to stitch the mouth shut for a few weeks. :giggle: ) Only have a bit of discomfort in one area where the major work was concentrated, so I am doing great.

OK, now I'm having trouble with this thread. I will ask the MOD if we can get a new thread :) All I do is click on that little black triangular sign on the left side of post...wish me luck :)

ETA: sent the message for a new thread :)

I had to give up trying to catch up here on the iPad. I could only scroll a few posts and then kept getting kicked out. Nothing worked (go to first post, thanks, reply with quote, etc). Seems to be working good on the PC right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288