SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niner- so glad your DH is feeling better after his procedure.

Wonder how Coffee is doing?

Hey!
hey-smiley.gif

Just in case this isn't posted here...

Yuck! All those bugs on my screen! :scared: :lol:

Oh - love those book stores you posted!! I'd go crazy if we had one here like those! :read:

I :luv: the Quizzes!! or is it Quizes... :happydance:

and I got:
You got: Never accepting a compliment

While you have no problem complimenting other people, you absolutely hate when people compliment you. Not only does it make you feel awkward, but you never know what to say, so you usually end up rejecting the compliment completely instead of just saying “thank you”.

hmmmm... :thinking: don't know about that one! When anyone here compliments me - I use this
embarrassed-smiley.gif
or this one :blushing:

Same here, Spellbound - I HATE being late! And people that arrange to meet who are late! errrrgggghhhhh!

I'm not even going to try...
laugh3-smiley.gif

Oh no problem at all! We have a small post office too, and the waiting line is a bummer!

Okay - the Huz' ordeal down in the Sacramento hospital - he got about a quart of fluids drawn out near his lungs, BUT! has more to come out; but they can't do it all at once - can't remember the reason - but now he has to get ANOTHER referral to come back and do it again - hopefully, next Monday or Tuesday - depending how "fast" this government/medical insurance red tape takes... :waiting:
He can't believe he can breathe SO MUCH better now - he was even thinking of taking a walk! LOL! And yup - grocery shopping tomorrow, as we left at noon and just got back about 4pm!

All you snow people - :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
It's cloudy and supposed to rain a bit more tonight. The other day we got 1 1/4" of rain! :happydance:

Alrighty - hoping all is well with our coffeejunkie!! Praying continuing for Ryan! and some

View attachment 89418

See ya all later!! :seeya:

BBM1

I am compulsive about being EARLY for everything. I used to work with a very nice woman who was always late for work (and her hours started mid-afternoon). Her excuse was always that she lived so far away. (Which begs the question: Why not just leave earlier?). But what got to me was that when we made arrangements to get together on the weekend, she was STILL always late. And not by a little. Whether it was work or play, she was consistently 30-40 minutes late. I just don't get that. Since I am always early, she had to know I'd be sitting there waiting...

BBM2

So happy to hear you huz is doing better! I am so happy for the two of you! Here's to a better quality of life for both of you going forward!

Talking to myself again (everyone must be on the JM book thread. :thinking: )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reading the comments/reviews on Amazon about JM's book and came across one of the murderer's supporter's comments:

"By Inconvenient Truths on February 16, 2016
Format: Hardcover

Unbelievable. However, the book was quite readable thanks to his ghost writer, the very excellent and established author, Lisa Pulitzer. But Juan chose not to acknowledge her. In fact, I don't see a page with acknowledgments to anyone. I predict that Ms. Pulitzer may be glad one day that her family's esteemed name was not on the cover of prosecutor Juan Martinez' book once the "untold story" of his conduct in the Jodi Arias trial and others is fully revealed."
---------

It was so obvious to me who this poster was (her name- first- so obvious that this is the supporter Sandra Webber, a very misguided, sorry person, IMO- and then the tone ). She just wanted another opportunity to bash JM again. No one listens to her on Twitter anymore. She didn't buy the book from Amazon, but maybe she bought it in a bookstore on the day the book came out? I don't know. Pfttt to her.

CbgPoUZUsAA5_0N.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbgPoUZUsAA5_0N.jpg

Niner previously posted that

NWM-e1422991661419-277x300.jpg

Link: https://www.sydneyscloset.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/NWM-e1422991661419-277x300.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love looking at wedding dresses: :happydance: (I got married in NYC's city hall- no beautiful wedding dress :(..)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 100 Most Popular Wedding Dresses in 2015
Ball Gown & A-Line Bridal Gown Silhouettes , Gowns with slim-fitting silhouettes (fit and flare, mermaid, trumpet, sheath and column wedding dresses).

"We have a list of the gorgeous ball gowns and A-line wedding dresses — fairy tale or princess gowns with voluminous or fuller silhouettes ..."

http://www.lulibuzz.com/these-were-...eddingDresses&utm_campaign=TopWeddingDresses4

Top-100-Most-Popular-Wedding-Dresses-in-2015-Part-1-Ball-Gown-A-Line-Bridal-Gown-Silhouettes.jpg

------

This one- Gorgeous!

ziad-nakad-2015-haute-couture-bridal-wedding-dress-leaf-applique-sleeveless-with-strap-ball-gown.jpg

-------

and this- spectacular:

maison-signore-2016-bridal-gowns-beautiful-a-line-ball-gown-wedding-dress-illusion-lace-long-sleeves-lace-embroidered.jpg

-----------------------------

They are all beautiful, IMO. I can't pick which one I would want to wear (guess I would have to buy all of them and change every hour or something- not that I'm getting married ) :facepalm:

Hey!
hey-smiley.gif

Just in case this isn't posted here...

Yuck! All those bugs on my screen! :scared: :lol:

Oh - love those book stores you posted!! I'd go crazy if we had one here like those! :read:

I :luv: the Quizzes!! or is it Quizes... :happydance:

and I got:
You got: Never accepting a compliment

While you have no problem complimenting other people, you absolutely hate when people compliment you. Not only does it make you feel awkward, but you never know what to say, so you usually end up rejecting the compliment completely instead of just saying “thank you”.

hmmmm... :thinking: don't know about that one! When anyone here compliments me - I use this
embarrassed-smiley.gif
or this one :blushing:

Same here, Spellbound - I HATE being late! And people that arrange to meet who are late! errrrgggghhhhh!

I'm not even going to try...
laugh3-smiley.gif

Oh no problem at all! We have a small post office too, and the waiting line is a bummer!

Okay - the Huz' ordeal down in the Sacramento hospital - he got about a quart of fluids drawn out near his lungs, BUT! has more to come out; but they can't do it all at once - can't remember the reason - but now he has to get ANOTHER referral to come back and do it again - hopefully, next Monday or Tuesday - depending how "fast" this government/medical insurance red tape takes... :waiting:
He can't believe he can breathe SO MUCH better now - he was even thinking of taking a walk! LOL! And yup - grocery shopping tomorrow, as we left at noon and just got back about 4pm!

All you snow people - :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
It's cloudy and supposed to rain a bit more tonight. The other day we got 1 1/4" of rain! :happydance:

Alrighty - hoping all is well with our coffeejunkie!! Praying continuing for Ryan! and some

View attachment 89418

See ya all later!! :seeya:

Niner, I am so glad your husband can breathe better. They typically only remove a certain amount of pleural fluid? so that there is not a huge fluid shift and lungs don't collapse IIRC. It has been awhile. What did the doctors think was the cause of the pleural effusion?

I hope he can get back there to have more fluid removed without too much hassle on the referral end. I don't get why he would even need another one since the initial one. SMH. Hope his chest X-ray looks better too!

Hi all, I'm doing better. I've been doing some minor cleaning so my legs are tired. I had to LOL at the quiz and everyone marked late. My DH no matter when we were invited for dinner, cookout, visit time, would be late getting ready. Early in our marriage I started telling him invite time was 1/2 hour before actual time. it Worked sorta' . when he passed as we were leaving the funeral home told Director "hold him up a couple minutes, he was always late". We did!! I know, I am nuts! life has been too much.

Talking to myself again (everyone must be on the JM book thread. :thinking: )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reading the comments/reviews on Amazon about JM's book and came across one of the murderer's supporter's comments:

"By Inconvenient Truths on February 16, 2016
Format: Hardcover

Unbelievable. However, the book was quite readable thanks to his ghost writer, the very excellent and established author, Lisa Pulitzer. But Juan chose not to acknowledge her. In fact, I don't see a page with acknowledgments to anyone. I predict that Ms. Pulitzer may be glad one day that her family's esteemed name was not on the cover of prosecutor Juan Martinez' book once the "untold story" of his conduct in the Jodi Arias trial and others is fully revealed."
---------

It was so obvious to me who this poster was (her name- first- so obvious that this is the supporter Sandra Webber, a very misguided, sorry person, IMO- and then the tone ). She just wanted another opportunity to bash JM again. No one listens to her on Twitter anymore. She didn't buy the book from Amazon, but maybe she bought it in a bookstore on the day the book came out? I don't know. Pfttt to her.

CbgPoUZUsAA5_0N.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbgPoUZUsAA5_0N.jpg

I doubt she even read the book. She just saw this as an opportunity to spout off. I'd like to hear from someone who bought the book to speak to how the writing was credited before I believe anything from SW. JM seems like a genuinely humble man, so I feel pretty certain that he gave credit where credit is due. Also, Ms. Pulitzer is cited as the co-writer on Amazon:

From Amazon:

About the Author

Juan Martinez is a lawyer known for his passion for a conviction. With a twenty-five-year litigation history with Arizona's Maricopa County Attorney Office, including seventeen years working homicide cases, his crusade for justice has been well documented even before the Jodi Arias trial.

Lisa Pulitzer is a former correspondent for the New York Times and coauthor of more than a dozen nonfiction titles, including New York Times bestsellers Stolen Innocence, Imperfect Justice, and Mob Daughter.

How does he do/paint this? That piece is incredible!

Really incredible- it's just an optical illusion tho'.

Reverspective

"...“Reverspective”, short for “reverse perspective”, a term that was, I believe, coined by Patrick Hughes. While the pyramids are extending out towards the viewer, the painting or texture on them is made increasingly smaller, as it would occur with increasing distance. Our visual system sees this size change, and “size constancy” kicks in, perspective is assumed, but in the wrong direction.

Once the depth is inverted, the seeming motion or distortion is just due to geometry: motion parallax shifts close objects relative to distant objects when we move sideways. Inversely, position of objects is deduced from their parallax. When the depth is inverted, the motion inverts too. Yes, this is a convoluted explanation...."

http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/sze_reverspective/

Link: https://www.sydneyscloset.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/NWM-e1422991661419-277x300.jpg

I love looking at wedding dresses: :happydance: (I got married in NYC's city hall- no beautiful wedding dress :(..)

Ball Gown & A-Line Bridal Gown Silhouettes , Gowns with slim-fitting silhouettes (fit and flare, mermaid, trumpet, sheath and column wedding dresses).

"We have a list of the gorgeous ball gowns and A-line wedding dresses — fairy tale or princess gowns with voluminous or fuller silhouettes ..."

http://www.lulibuzz.com/these-were-...eddingDresses&utm_campaign=TopWeddingDresses4

Top-100-Most-Popular-Wedding-Dresses-in-2015-Part-1-Ball-Gown-A-Line-Bridal-Gown-Silhouettes.jpg

------

This one- Gorgeous!

ziad-nakad-2015-haute-couture-bridal-wedding-dress-leaf-applique-sleeveless-with-strap-ball-gown.jpg

-------

and this- spectacular:

maison-signore-2016-bridal-gowns-beautiful-a-line-ball-gown-wedding-dress-illusion-lace-long-sleeves-lace-embroidered.jpg

They are all beautiful, IMO. I can't pick which one I would want to wear (guess I would have to buy all of them and change every hour or something- not that I'm getting married ) :facepalm:

http://www.weddinginspirasi.com/201...on-signore-excellence-2016-bridal-collection/

I looked at Maison Signore's website which is in Italian! Gorgeous lace and intricate designs. Wow!

Hi all, I'm doing better. I've been doing some minor cleaning so my legs are tired. I had to LOL at the quiz and everyone marked late. My DH no matter when we were invited for dinner, cookout, visit time, would be late getting ready. Early in our marriage I started telling him invite time was 1/2 hour before actual time. it Worked sorta' . when he passed as we were leaving the funeral home told Director "hold him up a couple minutes, he was always late". We did!! I know, I am nuts! life has been too much.

BBM :silly:

------

This one- Gorgeous!

-------

and this- spectacular:

They ARE all beautiful, but I also really loved Huma Abedin's dress by Oscar de la renta:

78b3688849c521a1853d57c1dd6daee5.jpg

A History Of Engagement Ring Trends, From The Roman Era To Today

"At first glance, engagement rings might seem like a modern invention. And while the version with the solitaire diamond certainly is, engagement rings are actually part of a very long and varied jewelry tradition. And if you're hunting for inspiration for your own wedding (or just shopping for your Pinterest board), delving back into the ages can be a very enlightening experience. Take a trip back through time to the romantic origins of engagement rings, from the simple to the very ornate indeed..."

http://www.bustle.com/articles/68013-a-history-of-engagement-ring-trends-from-the-roman-era-to-today
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP 10 ENGAGEMENT RINGS OF THE PAST 10 YEARS

"Today Brilliant Earth’s design team leads the industry in crafting unique, exclusive designs that combine artistic inspiration with extensive jewelry expertise. In honor of our tenth anniversary our designers looked back at the ten engagement ring styles that made the biggest impression on them and on Brilliant Earth couples..."

http://www.brilliantearth.com//news...PI&utm_campaign=us_desktoptablet_imagetesting
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of the 10, I like :

Modern Geometric Engagement Ring

From the link YoNo provided, I looked at other wedding gown design trends for 2016. Oh my... Some of these dresses look like nightgowns, with see through lace, cutouts, multiple layers of pouf, pants and shorts surrounded by removable skirt. I must be getting very old as I did not find these trends to be tasteful. At all.

Royal and high society wedding flowers through the ages

queen_2540955k.jpg

"The wedding of Princess Elizabeth to Philip Mountbatten, 1947. Constance Spry was in charge of the flowers, giving the princess British orchids in a large, wired bouquet. There were urns of English autumnal flowers in Westminster Abbey, while pink and white British-grown carnations decorated the lunch tables at the Palace afterwards...

Diana Spencer's cascading bouquet for her marriage to the Prince of Wales was said to weigh over two kilos. Her bridesmaids wore thick flower headresses, and St Paul's Cathedral was awash with blooms. The wedding kickstarted a trend for more dramatic, romaticised flower arrangements which continued throughout the 1990s...

princecharles_2540953k.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardenin...g-flowers-through-the-ages.html?frame=2540956

Some beautiful old pics, IMO

From the link YoNo provided, I looked at other wedding gown design trends for 2016. Oh my... Some of these dresses look like nightgowns, with see through lace, cutouts, multiple layers of pouf, pants and shorts surrounded by removable skirt. I must be getting very old as I did not find these trends to be tasteful. At all.

I'm not too fond of those "mermaid" dresses they have out now- real tight in the rear (makes your rear end look bigger than it is, IMO :facepalm:)

History of Weddings: From the Middle Ages to the Present

"Have weddings changed all that much since the Middle Ages? Let’s take a look and see…

We still have the huge feasts which are accompanied often by rowdiness and drunken states. Music and dancing are done by all. The bride has her ladies in waiting, the groom has his attendants. The bride sometimes still wears crinoline and hoops… Most people still get married in churches. If you’re Catholic, you still need an annulment vs. a divorce. Marriage is still considered a contract under the law…

Here’s a closer look…"

http://www.historyundressed.com/2008/06/history-of-weddings-from-middle-ages-to.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123