SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
12144847_10153410751931704_5259028050257704276_n.jpg

I actually use this when I'm setting in the dentist chair! :giggle: It works!!

Came home yesterday and this is what I saw...(posting pics of the shower progress)~ The shower base (floor) has been leveled and set in quick set and the contractor lined up the floor tiles for me to get an idea of how it will look. Ready for the 'rubber walls' be set in place today. I am happy with it; so far ;) Should be able take a shower (if everything goes right), by Thursday evening. Fingers crossed :)

Image1.jpg 20160229_191038.jpg

Weather changing again!! My allergies can sure tell it...sniff, sniff, sneeze, wipe nose, repeat...grrrrr

Having thunderstorms all day!

Nice, coffeej! Less than a week seems pretty good for a shower re-do.

Similar weather here. We should be getting rain by mid-day, then when hubby is on his way home it will be changing to freezing rain and snow (grrrr), then several hours of just snow tonight. Must have had a novice groundhog this year --- send him back to weather school!

Daisymae ----- I think you will be pleased with the ammonium lactate cream. I liked it when I had a prescription for it.

• How does Moses make tea? Hebrews it.
• Venison for dinner again? Oh deer!
• A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.
• I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
• Haunted French pancakes give me the crêpes.
• England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool .
• I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.
• They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Typo.
• I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
• Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
• I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but he says he can stop any time.
• I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.
• This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.
• When chemists die, they barium.
• I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.
• I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.
• Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.
• I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
• Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?
• When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.
• Broken pencils are pointless.
• What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.
• I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.
• All the toilets in New York 's police stations have been stolen. The police have nothing to go on.
• I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
• Velcro - what a rip off!
• Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’t last.

Jingles for Dmacky! I am sorry you are feeling so uncomfortable. Sure hope you can get some relief soon. :hug:
Aww Spell, you are so sweet :hug: But I promise I didn't come here for sympathy. I felt like I had some "splainin" to do. Because it wasn't by choice I was absent. I would sit here at the computer all day if I could!
I'm disappointed about the Erin Corwin trial being delayed again. It was supposed to start yesterday. I feel so sorry for her parents and loved ones. I'm sure they don't have a lot of $ and they will have to travel to California from Tennessee for the trial. I wish that perp < (I don't want a TO, so I'll keep it clean) would have just pled guilty. Her poor family will have to relive her horrific death of being thrown down a deep mine shaft in the desert. It brings me to tears every time I think of her last day on earth :frown:
Weather changing again!! My allergies can sure tell it...sniff, sniff, sneeze, wipe nose, repeat...grrrrr

Coffee, our weather has been all over the place too. Almost spring like one day, then snow flurries and wind that would knock you down the next. c.r.a.z.y.
We've had a lot of days in the 70's and now rain is coming for us as well. My daffodil's have already bloomed.

....snipped for focus.....

I'm disappointed about the Erin Corwin trial being delayed again. It was supposed to start yesterday. I feel so sorry for her parents and loved ones. I'm sure they don't have a lot of $ and they will have to travel to California from Tennessee for the trial. I wish that perp < (I don't want a TO, so I'll keep it clean) would have just pled guilty. Her poor family will have to relive her horrific death of being thrown down a deep mine shaft in the desert. It brings me to tears every time I think of her last day on earth :frown:

I followed that case near the beginning after she was found by cave searchers and it was really horrible. From what I remember it was a dangerous climb down in the abandoned mine. It is a small miracle that they found her in that mine.

I agree this trial will be very hard on the parents.

I may have to try to check out the trial so thanks for reminding us about it.

I've been waiting on another trial that keeps getting postponed too. It is frustrating.

Me too, coffee. Allergies and thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms, though, as long as they aren't destructive.

Sent from Wonderland

HAPPY MARCH SideBarers

:lepsmilie: :shamrock: :lepsmilie: :shamrock:

March, 2016 Bizarre and Unique Holidays

Month:

&#8226; Irish American Month
&#8226; Music in Our Schools Month
&#8226; National Craft Month
&#8226; National Frozen Food Month
&#8226; National Irish American Heritage Month- designated by Congress in 1995.
&#8226; National Nutrition Month
&#8226; National Peanut Month
&#8226; National Women's History Month
&#8226; Red Cross Month
&#8226; Social Workers Month

Did you Know? March was named for the Roman God "Mars"

Week Celebrations:

&#8226; 2nd Week National Bubble Week
&#8226; 2nd Week Crochet Week

March, 2016 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

1 National Pig Day
1 Peanut Butter Lovers' Day
2 Old Stuff Day
3 I Want You to be Happy Day
3 If Pets Had Thumbs Day
3 National Anthem Day
3 Peach Blossom Day
4 Employee Appreciation Day first Friday in March
4 Holy Experiment Day
4 Hug a GI Day
4 National Salesperson Day - first Friday in the month
5 Multiple Personality Day
6 Dentist's Day
6 National Frozen Food Day
7 National Crown Roast of Pork Day
8 Be Nasty Day
8 International (Working) Women's Day
9 Panic Day
10 Middle Name Pride Day
10 Popcorn Lover's Day second Thursday
11 Johnny Appleseed Day
11 Worship of Tools Day - guys, you can relate
12 Girl Scouts Day
12 Plant a Flower Day
13 Ear Muff Day
13 Jewel Day
14 Learn about Butterflies Day
14 National Potato Chip Day
14 National Pi Day- Why today? Because today is 3.14, the value of Pi.
15 Dumbstruck Day
15 Everything You Think is Wrong Day
15 Ides of March
16 Freedom of Information Day
15 Incredible Kid Day - date varies
15 National Agriculture Day - date varies
16 Everything You Do is Right Day
17 Submarine Day - the hero sandwich or the boat??
17 Saint Patrick's Day
18 Goddess of Fertility Day
18 National Agriculture Day (date varies)
18 Supreme Sacrifice Day
19 National Quilting Day - third Saturday of month
19 Poultry Day
20 International Earth Day
20 Extraterrestrial Abductions Day
20 Proposal Day
21 Credit Card Reduction Day
21 Fragrance Day
22 National Goof Off Day
23 Melba Toast Day
23 National Chip and Dip Day
23 Near Miss Day
24 National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day
25 Good Friday - date varies
25 Pecan Day
25 Waffle Day
26 Make Up Your Own Holiday Day
26 National Spinach Day
27 Easter Date varies
27 National "Joe" Day
28 Dyngus Day always the Monday after Easter
28 Something on a Stick Day
29 National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
29 Smoke and Mirrors Day
30 National Doctor's Day
30 I am in Control Day
30 Take a Walk in the Park Day
31 Bunsen Burner Day
31 National Clam on the Half Shell Day

Erin Andrews is on the stand and HLN will have coverage at 1PM EST.

I too thought that the audience was applauding for something more than him just being VP. I have no idea what that could be though. Can you share what you think it could have been for?

I was happy the audience applauded like they did. I think he would have made a fine president.

I think they applauded him for multiple reasons. Public service since the 70's and for Beau... That he decided not to run for POTUS and to use his status to help fight cancer.

I'm about ready to put my plants out on the porch , it's been so nice, but in Texas you never know. There have been surprised snow and ice storms. Last year. I was in the hospital March 2 - 5, and we had an ice storm hit. The peach and pear trees bloomed a week ago, I'm not looking forward to a big garden, maybe half 25 x 35, and that still a big garden.

It hasn't met the cooler wetter than normal weather they said about el nino.

See, this is where the young people out of high school should be doing

In 1961 President John F. Kennedy establishes the Peace Corps as a new agency within the Department of State.

Now , we need our young people out of high school to be "drafted" into a two year service to help here in America. They can do many things to help in our communities. Build or help improve housing for low income families, join Habitat for Humanity, go cook and serve the homeless and needy, help out overworked teachers. Clean up trash (someone gotta do it) that people throw out their windows, Help out in nursing homes. So many have no one. Or at least no on that cares to come for a visit. Do you know what joy that brings to someone? Spend an hour or two just letting them talk and you be a good listener. That's all anyone wants. To know that someone cared enough to give them some of their time. Can you imagine what lessons can be learned just by that? Not selfishness and bragging about greed. They could help build a wall for our safety. So many things

It could work toward that "free college. Sure ,now who's going to pay all these professors, housing, books, and a place to live? Us the taxpayers.

We paid seventeen thousand dollars in taxes this year. My money is helping someone screw me and many other American's to have bonuses, parties and exotic vacations they don't deserve.

And the money spent on politicians to have very nice (more than many of us) places to stay in DC? Nope stop that right now. Build dormitories and let them live there, or if they want something nicer - go home to your wife and kids spend time with them. The USPS (united states postal service) has a "school" in Norman Oklahoma that houses several hundred people from around the country from a week to longer depend on the classes. It's very nice, they serve breakfast lunch and dinner and, you have a nice room, just like a hotel room with free phone and cable tv. All you need is a place to eat and sleep while you're in Washington, and that meets your basic needs. If you want more, then cough it up out of your own pocket. You need all these fancy dinners and things to met with lobbyist and make deals? No,be humble and not be bought.

Can you tell I'm not out of my *****ing and gripping yet? Now I get to go vote

[video=youtu;yOQ85OEZhWg]http://youtu.be/yOQ85OEZhWg[/video]

Hey all! :wave:

from my AARP magazine:

Rest Easy
March 13 - To adjust to the loss of an hour for daylight saving time, go to bed 15 minutes earlier each night for four nights.

California is thinking of getting rid of Daylight Saving Time - I sure hope so! :happydance:

:goodpost: ILikeToBendPages!!

regarding cleaning up trash - in Latvia, everyone is responsible for their portion of the street, gutter, in front of their house! So it better be clean, or you will get fined!!

Off to read :eek:nline: DeOrr's thread - looks like things are FINALLY coming together! Hope they find that little boy...

:seeya:

Hi Niner, well I'm Irish! gotta read these pages. My B.D. is on National Spinach Day!! I like spinach , having some tonight, onions and bacon! take care :seeya:

To ILikeToBendPages:

I received the book and am thrilled -- I much appreciate it! I just started reading and am already sucked in. I will pass it on when I'm done, and I'm sure some other trial-watcher will be equally pleased by receiving it.

I also wanted to note that I have never seen a package so well-wrapped! But, I was a bit disappointed that there were NO bent pages, lol.

Thanks so much! :)

:shame: Oh my ..... maybe you should fix her book by bending at least one page before sending it back, GigiG.

:shame: Oh my ..... maybe you should fix her book by bending at least one page before sending it back, GigiG.

LOL! That's one reason I'm glad I didn't have to send my book to her... :laughing:

Okay - girlfriend of little brother called yesterday, but I did NOT answer when I "saw" it was her and let it go to voice mail! :) So, she gave me the mortuary where little bro's ashes are, and said she will be homeless soon... So I am guessing she is leaving his ashes at the mortuary for us... After ALL this time and while all of us were down near L.A., she couldn't have told us than!!???!!! :gaah: Just today I sent my check and notarized papers to get his death cert. Also I emailed a mutual friend of GF & me (that would be little bro ex-GF) and asked if this GF can bring over some stuff that we would like back... like my Father's Fraternity Sword (it's a Latvian thing :D ) and hoping she found the pictures my little bro borrowed from our grandmother's photo album!! We want those! Waiting for my bro and sister to let me know if there is anything else they might want... and than will call her tomorrow, maybe, and ask her to drop all this stuff off at ex-GF's house. They are friends, by the way! So that's where we are now! At least she didn't ask for more money. I've sent an email to the mortuary asking how much is left to pay to get my little bro's ashes, but no reply yet; I have tried calling, but no one answers... what kind of mortuary is that? Don't answer their phones? Don't want business? :thinking: :lol:

Okay - see you all tomorrow!

edited to add: adding a picture of my Father with the sword (in his right hand) - the green, white and red are their "colors" for the fraternity "Selonija"; I below to a Latvian sorority called "Imeria" and our "colors" are brown, blue and gold! My Father was President at one time, and I believe this is his election night. :)

Attachments

• Tete Seloni.jpg
    Tete Seloni.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 12
Today's weather was horrible ~ it rained hard all morning, so the contractor could not use his saw, when it stopped raining, the winds picked up and the cold front moved in, we was without electricity most of the afternoon as the winds blew down some power lines. So, no work on the shower. Guess I didn't cross my fingers tight enough! Tomorrow is another day...

LOL! That's one reason I'm glad I didn't have to send my book to her... :laughing:

Okay - girlfriend of little brother called yesterday, but I did NOT answer when I "saw" it was her and let it go to voice mail! :) So, she gave me the mortuary where little bro's ashes are, and said she will be homeless soon... So I am guessing she is leaving his ashes at the mortuary for us... After ALL this time and while all of us were down near L.A., she couldn't have told us than!!???!!! :gaah: Just today I sent my check and notarized papers to get his death cert. Also I emailed a mutual friend of GF & me (that would be little bro ex-GF) and asked if this GF can bring over some stuff that we would like back... like my Father's Fraternity Sword (it's a Latvian thing :D ) and hoping she found the pictures my little bro borrowed from our grandmother's photo album!! We want those! Waiting for my bro and sister to let me know if there is anything else they might want... and than will call her tomorrow, maybe, and ask her to drop all this stuff off at ex-GF's house. They are friends, by the way! So that's where we are now! At least she didn't ask for more money. I've sent an email to the mortuary asking how much is left to pay to get my little bro's ashes, but no reply yet; I have tried calling, but no one answers... what kind of mortuary is that? Don't answer their phones? Don't want business? :thinking: :lol:

Okay - see you all tomorrow!

I'm sorry you and your family are going through this...heart breaking :( Praying you get everything settled, get the things you want and your dear brothers ashes. What a GF he had!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog