SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what all these jurors are thinking now that they can access everything that was not allowed s evidence?

The ones that voted for death are at peace knowing they got it right. The 3 that fell for the BS the foreman posed are hopefully seeing they could have been ok with the DP. But they can all be resolute their Murder 1 conviction was the right one.

I just saw the interview with Maureen, Nancy and Wrestler (nicknames) Thank you jurors! Thank you! I'm in tears!

Nancy looked at the prosecution and family post hung jury verdict! Yes, that's what normal people do! Abnormal people care about JA finding peace!

As per Juror 17 they decided to wait till after the weekend to speak. But since foreman betrayed them I think a few felt compelled to speak out on behalf of Travis/family/prosecution.

Nancy says she looked at the prosecution post verdict and thought JM wouldn't even look at the jurors. She said she mouthed the words sorry. Was that to JM or the family? I love her!

I just saw the interview with Maureen, Nancy and Wrestler (nicknames) Thank you jurors! Thank you! I'm in tears!

I'm very proud of them! And really appreciate their ability to remained focused ON THE LAW and the facts!

I have ALWAYS wondered where she got money for gas (expensive) and for her cell phone bill (which had to have been astronomical)..

Originally Posted by DebinGA
I think JA's erratic job history would say a lot. There was almost no evidence presented re how she was supporting herself in Mesa beyond the $200 Travis gave her supposedly to clean his house. It's unclear to me where she was living during that time and with whom. I think even JA admitted she didn't pay rent in Mesa. If she wasn't working or working very little, what was she doing? I think she was in her soon to be repossessed car night and day tracking Travis. There was some mention of her calling TA on dates or arriving home from dates that indicate her stalking. Hope JM fleshes that out more next time. She told JM she couldn't attend her Family Home Meeting on Monday nights because she was working. JM should be able to prove that's a lie, and use phone records to show she was calling Travis before and after his FHM because she was parked outside watching him come and go. IOW, I hope JM provides many more details and specific examples of JA's maniacal stalking next time.

Always thought JA was a 'working gal' no way could she pay the cost of daily living....rent,utilities, phone, clothes, food, hair salon,mani-pedi, car insurance, gasoline, rental cars,Starbucks, Cinnabon,air travel. You get my drift.

Even something as BS she said " every time Before I got on a flight I got a Cinnabon". Where did she go she flew?

Link includes open letter from Mr. Foreman Jr.:

"And that’s okay. No one needs to know my dad. I think before this all happened, my dad would have liked to be famous. I’m not speaking for him but I’m pretty sure that’s not the case anymore"

Kind of offensive that the foreman and his son see everyone as foaming at the mouth "nancy grace" followers. Although i dont agree with people harassing the guy ...we certainly have a right to disagree with his pro JA stance.

Why oh why can't they show the whole interview without editing. That makes me so :stormingmad:

It's their way of controlling what we see and when we see it. it's all up to the media how they spoon feed us. jmo

I'm very proud of them! And really appreciate their ability to remained focused ON THE LAW and the facts!

I cannot explain in words how terrible I felt when the foreman opened his mouth. I felt my heart physically hurt for Travis, his family, for the prosecution and all those hoping for Justice. Hearing these jurors speak out is like a balm to my heart. A soothing balm. I do hope that even the jurors that voted for life will speak on behalf of Travis. That's all we want from them.

Kind of offensive that the foreman and his son see everyone as foaming at the mouth "nancy grace" followers. Although i dont agree with people harassing the guy ...we certainly have a right to disagree with his pro JA stance.

Obviously I don't approve of people harassing the foreman in any way but I think I'll save all my pity and compassion for Travis and his family. I have none left for JA's fans...

Link includes open letter from Mr. Foreman Jr.:

"And that’s okay. No one needs to know my dad. I think before this all happened, my dad would have liked to be famous. I’m not speaking for him but I’m pretty sure that’s not the case anymore"

Having read that blog - whilst I have a great deal of sympathy for what he has written as heartfelt as it is, the problem is that Mr Foreman Junior has absolutely no comment to make on some of the things his father has said in the various interviews he has given.

Things that were best left unsaid (even if he thought them privately) - particularly in regard to Travis and his 'certainty' that Jodi was 'mentally and emotionally abused', not to mention his criticism of the prosecutor treating them 'like idiots' and so on, and going as far as criticising the judicial system as being 'flawed' ... a system that he agreed to participate in and then complains about afterward.

If he had just waited ... taken time to consider, to allow things to settle and for the family to absorb what had happened and regroup.

But he didn't. He just leapt right in and told us how he believed part of her story of abuse, how he would like to communicate with her. How she didn't look like a murderer and all that kind of thing.

I think that's where a lot of the criticism of Mr Foreman is aimed. Not so much at his decision, which is his alone to make of course, but rather his insensitive comments so soon after the event.

I abhor the fact that this man has been threatened and received hate mail and so on. There is always a small minority that is prepared to take things way too far. However, did Mr Foreman genuinely think that his comments were not going to invite some response?

Just my opinion of course.

Nancy said JM wouldn't even look at them.

Juan Martinez wouldn't look at them? I would venture an opinion that JM's personal feelings about TA's family and the pedo lie JA made up has consumed JM in knowing he proved Murder 1. He is probably sickened for everyone that he has to fight another day to get the DP. Plus no doubt exhaustion plays a part.

I don't think AZ is alone, but almost. I also heard that of the last 4 times there was a retrial at the Penalty Phase, 3 ended in a death penalty with the 2nd jury.

I can't remember where I got this, maybe HLN and googling has been hard.

Here is the information about the cases where the penalty phase was retried.

Arizona juries that couldn’t decide on death penalty
By The Republic | azcentral.com The Republic | azcentral.com Thu May 23, 2013 11:41 AM

There have been at least five hung juries in the death-penalty phase of cases in Maricopa County since a 2002 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that juries and not judges should determine if there are sufficient reasons, called aggravating factors, to sentence a murderer to death.
<snipped>

In three of those, the new jury gave death. In one, the defendant got life after two juries reached hung decisions. In the other, the state decided not to ask for a new jury. A brief look at each case:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizona/articles/20130522arizona-juries-that-couldnt-decide-on-death-penalty-prog.html

I cannot explain in words how terrible I felt when the foreman opened his mouth. I felt my heart physically hurt for Travis, his family, for the prosecution and all those hoping for Justice. Hearing these jurors speak out is like a balm to my heart. A soothing balm. I do hope that even the jurors that voted for life will speak on behalf of Travis. That's all we want from them.

I'd settle for them simply not being apologists for JA as Mr. Foreman has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave