SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not string me up by my toes, I've already talked about many things the Foreman has said and done that disturbs me. Now I learn he thought being dead locked would give Jodi LIFE via the judge :facepalm: I guess that is why he put deadlock on the Verdict form instead of the correct form used prior. OKAY ENOUGH. I am getting off track. Anyway what I am just fuming over is this....

When asked if he believed Arias' claims of domestic violence, Zervakos admitted he did believe some of her allegations. "I believe she was verbally and mentally abused by Travis. I think she has a mental problem." Zervakos also opened up about his personal feelings about Arias, and whether he "liked" and believed her during her stint on the witness stand.
"I tried to keep my feelings as neutral as possible," he admitted.

But his feelings on Juan Martinez are not as neutral.
"He's merciless," Zervakos said of the lead prosceutor on he case. "I don't like being talked to like I'm stupid and I feel like that happened a few times."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...#ixzz2UGogwZi7

Was it not Nurmi that wanted a mistrial by proclaiming it's a fantasy that the Jury is taking their duty serious and not watching the news...? Yes it was. Juan fought against that, stood up for the Jury.

Juan did NOT do what he is being accused of doing either. He is supposed to be passionate making sure you understand the seriousness of the situation. That is a man speaking for Travis. I NEVER witnessed Juan do what he is being accused of doing by this man. NEVER. Why not give any examples? :(

I feel like there might have been an ego issue that also got in the way of this trial. Maybe other issues becuase her looks compared to the crime being "a wash"concerns me too.

Imagine if Dan Juror 8(who I'm listening to now), Tricolor and the Juror who was an alternate who have come out in Facebook were in that room? Nothing they have said sounds as bizarre and scary as the things being said by the Foreman. My faith in the justice system has not been restored and it's leaving me the more the Foreman speaks. :(

I'm not wanting to bash anyone but if the jury didn't know that coming back to the Judge would mean a mistrail/hung jury on the penalty phase, then there's a failure to communicate and a understanding on how the procedure works. gah & bad words...

BBM

Not necessarily...May simply have been expecting the judge to order them to continue deliberating the following day...and judge made the decision, called it>mistrial.

I will show my age but this was my first favorite song ever! and still to this day one of the best movies from my younger years.

Lulu ....to Sir with love. if you younger folks have never listen to this, please listen to it. It is a great song in memory of Travis .

okay I'm going to have to get update this as I did the incorrect sleep... this was a movie trailer I didn't listen to the whole thing. I will be right back
J
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Okay this just shows how old I am. I have been trying to figure out how to contribute to this thread and doing a YouTube.

I cannot after 10 minutes find the soundtrack from the movie to Sir with love from 1967 with song on in it.

I have found YouTube videos of remix but not the original original original song that was from the soundtrack. Nothing is better .. rest of the ones ...pfft.

they're not the entire song and there are no good. They have to be the original soundtrack but I cannot find it. Am I just too old and stupid? I really wanted to contribute to this thread!

I'm not wanting to bash anyone but if the jury didn't know that coming back to the Judge would mean a mistrail/hung jury on the penalty phase, then there's a failure to communicate and a understanding on how the procedure works. gah & bad words...

I know all the news said it was a question, how did a question from the jury turn into a hung jury? Judge S? got me?

The Foreman put the dead lock on the Verdict form instead of the form he needed to the first time he had a question becuase in my opinion becuase as he has said in his interview, he felt that by being dead locked she would automatically get LIFE by the judge so therefore it's a verdict for life. Instead of following the directions.

It sounded really bizarre didn't it? First it was a question, then they saw it was a Verdict form so get everyone in we have a verdict. Then when it was read off it was a complete garbled mess becuase it was not read to say that they unanimously undecided. It's a form to read for the death penalty or for a life sentence.

I personally think the Foreman through his interviews was the 1 dead lock on 2nd degree murder, finally went with giving her 1st degree, did not agree on felony and refused to give her the death penalty. MOO though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gket-DOwIsU

interesting vid on NG when she was still a prosecutor

Wow...I have a lot more respect for her now. I had never seen that before. I always think, though, when I'm watching her show that she must have been a great prosecutor b/c she has that commanding personality...it's like you just believe everything that comes out of her mouth. I think she would have done a GREAT job on CMJA case if she was on it, just like our Juan did.

BBM

Not necessarily...May simply have been expecting the judge to order them to continue deliberating the following day...and judge made the decision, called it>mistrial.

The Foreman in his interviews says expected that by coming back with being dead locked the last time that Jodi would get a life sentence by the judge. He is claiming he had no idea it would be a mistrial.

The Foreman put the dead lock on the Verdict form instead of the form he needed to the first time he had a question becuase in my opinion he felt that by being dead locked she would automatically get LIFE by the judge so therefore it's a verdict for life. Instead of following the directions.

It sounded really bizarre didn't it? First it was a question, then they saw it was a Verdict form so get everyone in we have a verdict. Then when it was read off it was a complete garbled mess becuase it was not read to say that they unanimously undecided. It's a form to read for the death penalty or for a life sentence.

I personally think the Foreman through his interviews was the 1 dead lock on 2nd degree murder, finally went with giving her 1st degree, did not agree on felony and refused to give her the death penalty. MOO though.

yeah, the whole thing with the verdict form, etc., was so strange. But then he said that they couldn't go any further, so I don't think it would have mattered even if JSS had given them another Allen charge. He said they had all decided they couldn't continue.

I agree with you that I don't think this guy even wanted to give M1. I think he was just too embarassed to admit it on national tv. He did suggest his verdict in the death/life phase, probably b/c there were also 3 others so he wouldn't have been the only one who caused it.

I will be very interested to hear what the other jurors had to say about this Foreman. B/c by the admonition, they wouldn't have known how he felt about the case until after they had chosen him as Foreperson.

The Foreman in his interviews says expected that by coming back with being dead locked the last time that Jodi would get a life sentence by the judge. He is claiming he had no idea it would be a mistrial.

Maybe that explains why JA was crying, she expected life and got hung instead?

Okay this just shows how old I am. I have been trying to figure out how to contribute to this thread and doing a YouTube.

I cannot after 10 minutes find the soundtrack from the movie to Sir with love from 1967 with song on in it.

I have found YouTube videos of remix but not the original original original song that was from the soundtrack. Nothing is better .. rest of the ones ...pfft.

they're not the entire song and there are no good. They have to be the original soundtrack but I cannot find it. Am I just too old and stupid? I really wanted to contribute to this thread!

My Mother, a career school teacher, loved that song (and film):

[video=youtube;iwLvqnQswUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwLvqnQswUw[/video]

This should have been chewed out and continued for at least another day. Look at where the poor Alexander family are now. Nowhere. After 5 long months, nothing is concluded. The only one who benefited was CFJA. I am sure she is looking forward to her next appearance before another jury, spewing her lies and fabricated stories of abuse. Outrageous, that she cannot be stopped.

I tried, found the channel, but not sure I'm logging in correctly...:floorlaugh:

If I am sticking my foot in it, I will carefully extricate it now. Please don't blame Sleuth5 mods. It's all my fault :please:.

Backing away now. Sitting on my hands, in the corner, I'll be good.

BBM

I know, thanks. I am not clear on their question in the morning the day before. Was it "if" or what? If we can't reach a unamimous vote. I think the jurors were exhausted. Then had to battle each other's views. (oy vey) They weren't given special treatment that I heard about & I'm sure a couple didn't have a job for sure to go back to after this long. I feel for them all. May not agree with some of them, but understand their pain. No one needs to know about a person you don't know and their explicit love life via a liar and this horrible murder of a good man. They will fool you everytime. Some must have been smuckered. Is that a word? lol

BBM

he said he didn't realize a hung jury would result in a mistrial for the penalty phase, but it was in the instructions, and that the only way the judge would decide was if the all voted for a life sentence, then she would decided between natural life or life w/ parole after 25 years - i don't understand that because even i understood it from the judge reading the instructions

but i am sure his press tour is over, he is being attacked just horribly online on his twitter, fb and web site - which i find just wrong - and frankly i don't want to know what went on in that jury room, because any investigations could put the conviction at risk, especially all these ppl on the interweb saying it was some kind of plot - and i don't want ppl to sleuth jodi into an entirely new trial

i just want to thank the heavens there is an M1 conviction, and also found guilty of extreme cruelty and let juan handle the retrial for the penalty phase

Please do not string me up by my toes, I've already talked about many things the Foreman has said and done that disturbs me. Now I learn he thought being dead locked would give Jodi LIFE via the judge :facepalm: I guess that is why he put deadlock on the Verdict form instead of the correct form used prior. OKAY ENOUGH. I am getting off track. Anyway what I am just fuming over is this....

Was it not Nurmi that wanted a mistrial by proclaiming it's a fantasy that the Jury is taking their duty serious and not watching the news...? Yes it was. Juan fought against that, stood up for the Jury.

Juan did NOT do what he is being accused of doing either. He is supposed to be passionate making sure you understand the seriousness of the situation. That is a man speaking for Travis. I NEVER witnessed Juan do what he is being accused of doing by this man. NEVER. Why not give any examples? :(

I feel like there might have been an ego issue that also got in the way of this trial. Maybe other issues becuase her looks compared to the crime being "a wash"concerns me too.

Imagine if Dan Juror 8(who I'm listening to now), Tricolor and the Juror who was an alternate who have come out in Facebook were in that room? Nothing they have said sounds as bizarre and scary as the things being said by the Foreman. My faith in the justice system has not been restored and it's leaving me the more the Foreman speaks. :(

I think by now the whole world agrees that the Foreman was duped by Jodi. That is just the fact. We are lucky he was in the minority. Lucky, lucky, I'm sure Juan is thanking his lucky stars right now.

I do agree that his problems with Juan were b/c of ego issue. And how would he have been talking to the jurors personally that would make them feel stupid?? The ONLY times he talked to them personally were in his openings and closings, and those were all very respectful, and he used a much different tone than when he was with witnesses. I saw him only address the jury with respect.

I really think, in regard to his comments about Juan, that he took Juan's "attack" on Jodi personally. Yea, Juan did make Jodi feel stupid b/c she is stupid. So this guy clearly felt something for CMJA, that he took Juan's cross of her and extrapolated it as Juan doing that to the jury. I just get madder the more I hear from him!

Remember when we felt like Samuels had kind of fallen for CMJA, at least fallen for her manipulation. I think this guy went down the same path that Samuels did. That could be another reason he felt scorned by Juan - because when Juan was suggesting that Samuels felt something for CMJA, this juror subconciously put that on himself, b/c he was feeling the same thing.

JMO, but based on his numerous interviews.

(It's a secret.) ;)

What's with the dopplegangers? Ha.
Something more than this juror (I'm now ignoring) is weird. I think the juror must have believed ALV and DB. Unbelievable. My computer, which is malfunctioning anyway, just opened randomly to ALV day 39. I am so distressed by this hung jury and aftermath. Is Gilligan's Island the next secret getaway hideout?

Would someone please explain to me how to access the chat room?

Thank you!

If I am sticking my foot in it, I will carefully extricate it now. Please don't blame Sleuth5 mods. It's all my fault :please:.

Backing away now. Sitting on my hands, in the corner, I'll be good.

Now what:scared: this is the apocalypse....

he said he didn't realize a hung jury would result in a mistrial for the penalty phase, but it was in the instructions, and that the only way the judge would decide was if the all voted for a life sentence, then she would decided between natural life or life w/ parole after 25 years - i don't understand that because even i understood it from the judge reading the instructions

but i am sure his press tour is over, he is being attacked just horribly online on his twitter, fb and web site - which i find just wrong - and frankly i don't want to know what went on in that jury room, because any investigations could put the conviction at risk, especially all these ppl on the interweb saying it was some kind of plot - and i don't want ppl to sleuth jodi into an entirely new trial

i just want to thank the heavens there is an M1 conviction, and also found guilty of extreme cruelty and let juan handle the retrial for the penalty phase

When my jury summons arrives in the mail, I literally freak out...perhaps, some can understand why.

Some may want to serve in the current climate...not me anymore, though.

BBM

I did not know this....that has to stop! Luckily or unluckily sometimes, I am not on FB or twitter, so I have no idea what is going on in that land. I had no idea with ALV either. I only read about it on here. I feel that this is a safe forum where we can post analysis and thoughts...I would not want to be going to his facebook page or twitter or whatever. That is crossing the line. He did his duty. I mean, honestly, I feel like if it wasn't him, someone like him could have easily been placed on the jury. It's not he himself, it's the whole concept of Jodi's manipulation and tactics on men which has me competely baffled. If it wasnt' this guy, it would have been another.

What's with the dopplegangers? Ha.
Something more than this juror (I'm now ignoring) is weird. I think the juror must have believed ALV and DB. Unbelievable. My computer, which is malfunctioning anyway, just opened randomly to ALV day 39. I am so distressed by this hung jury and aftermath. Is Gilligan's Island the next secret getaway hideout?

The island is calling you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members