SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The essential question to the jurors is; does the aggravating factor of cruelty outweigh any mitigating factors presented by the defense, or vise versa if you will. So if a juror decides that "no criminal history" is relevant enough to vote for life, the juror is essentially saying the fact that she had no criminal history carried more weight than the fact that she made in suffer in a cruel way while killing him.

:takeabow: Thank you! That was the part I was missing.

I thought that if ONE mitigating factor such as age, lack of criminal history automatically wins if the majority rule (8 jurors) ... sheesh, :blushing:

Don't forget to add: be sure to check under and around your Christmas Trees!

Right!

Check under your Christmas tree and if someone with bangs and large hands jumps up and starts belting out 'Oh Holy Night', RUN.

We may never know the real reasons the jurors voted 8 death and 4 life. If it was because of the CMA's childhood photos - that is gross. Jeffrey Dahmer and Charlie Manson were probably cute little kids when they were young, too.

I remember Travis' cute photos when he was young - Let's bring those photos on.

travis alexander (amazing grace) - YouTube

Just had another Malware blocked here...

But, remember, CMA ruined Travis's car that she was to make payments on. Well, if Travis rejected her and then expected her to make payments on that car, uh !!! Oh, no.

I have always thought there was a financial element as well. I think having to pay for a car that didn't run was part of it but it feels to me like there is more. Her comment to Flores about contacting the executer of his estate made me think there had to be a financial angle.

But she had lost her car to foreclosure so probably didn't have ANY working vehicle anymore so that could have been enough. It must have been tough for her to depend on rides from others to get to work and be stuck at the grandparents when she wasn't working.

Could it be possible that CKJA told Travis she was pregnant, but only told him that after she says she had an abortion. Even though it would of course all be a lie and she made that up to hurt him and to get back at him and just to mess with his head. Only reason I thought this could be it , is when Travis said she hurt him more than when his father died. If this is totally off the wall...keep in mind I am stressed and tired.

I have thought that... Such as, she told people she was pregnant and they questioned Travis. She then said she got an abortion and wanted him to pay for it? IDK, just another silly thought.

I have a feeling it might be like one of the cases I served on and he nominated himself and the others really didn't care nor wanted it. The guy turned out to be a jerk and tried to tell us how to think but we made up our own mind.

IMO

Hello, obe...I so agree with you.

BBM~ True! I wonder who ratted her out?

Re; Juror 5. Juror 17 said no juror ratted her out. So this is what I think: remember when juror 5 laughed out loud as soon as they left the coutroom, and people inside the courtroom heard it? I think Jean C reported on this that she had heard it too, so we know it happened. The arizona news channels were reporting that she made some joke about Samuels.

Well, I believe that Jodi made Nurmi and JW ask JSS ask each juror to see how it was who laughted that day. I think they (defense) covered it up by the whole Juan-cane-signing drama the same day. So they wree already going to talk to the jurors about that, and they asked JSS if they could also ask about the laughing.

Somehow or another it was found that Juror 5 did it, and CMJA asked for her to be dismissed.

But if it was the sex tape why would he allow her to take naked pictures of him? It just does not make sense to me.

I don't think it was the sex tape. I think it had to do with money or a possession of his that had alot of sentimental value- re: ring?

So the foreman thought Juan talked to them like they were stupid. Huh?

IMO what do you think really transpired in Travis's office? The broken disk, her lies about his computer having a virus, her claimed she was twirled around and raped over his desk....nothing was out of place on that desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe she was downloading the sex pics onto his computer and was going to email them to Mimi? The Bishop?

Travis came in, and she managed to sneak her way out of being caught...?

Wasn't his cell phone also on his office desk?

BBM~ Exactly, emotional. He put too much emotion into this and/or Jodi?, then could not keep his lips zipped.

Yet he stated that although the Alexanders VIS were so touching, the jury had to set aside their emotions.

He also said he could understand Jodi lying to get out of trouble. He must think it's an acceptable characteristic since "his" jury decided to wait out the weekend before going public yet he had them all waiting at his house.

I hate people that act like pillars of morality that overlook their own faults to put out their agenda. The end justifies the means for them because they are morally superior...by their own standards of course. MOO

It sure is quiet in here tonight. Nighty-night sleuthers! :eek:fftobed:

Hello, obe...I so agree with you. Juror 17 tweeted that they had no foreperson for phases I and II - only in the penalty phase. Interesting, huh? moo

no she said there wasnt a foreman until deliberations started, and since she was an alternate, she doesn't know any thing about deliberations - he would have been forman for all 3 phases

I think not because remember Travis tweeted her and told her she needed to get busy because she was behind on payments?

Maybe she told him she wasn't planning to make anymore payments, and the sex tape blackmail began then?

Lived in Louisiana all my life and an approaching hurricane is an exciting time. Many people have hurricane parties, might as well, can't change mother nature.

I lived in Louisiana for ten great years - Remember that dirty old oilfield business back when? To this day, I track hurricanes.

Re; Juror 5. Juror 17 said no juror ratted her out. So this is what I think: remember when juror 5 laughed out loud as soon as they left the coutroom, and people inside the courtroom heard it? I think Jean C reported on this that she had heard it too, so we know it happened. The arizona news channels were reporting that she made some joke about Samuels.

Well, I believe that Jodi made Nurmi and JW ask JSS ask each juror to see how it was who laughted that day. I think they (defense) covered it up by the whole Juan-cane-signing drama the same day. So they wree already going to talk to the jurors about that, and they asked JSS if they could also ask about the laughing.

Somehow or another it was found that Juror 5 did it, and CMJA asked for her to be dismissed.

she said it was told by court staff, but not bailff valerie, so it was some one who worked for the judge

Maybe she told him she wasn't planning to make anymore payments, and the sex tape blackmail began then?

I've thought about that too because she made it clear that Travis gave her very easy repayment terms and nothing was signed. Nothing made sense. as usual with Jodi.

Hello, obe...I so agree with you. Juror 17 tweeted that they had no foreperson for phases I and II - only in the penalty phase. Interesting, huh? moo

That's really odd. Usually, jurors are instructed when they go back to deliberate that the first order of business is to select a foreperson. I wonder who signed the verdict forms for the guilty of 1st degree murder and the especially cruel convictions as they were suppose to be signed by the foreperson.

I lived in Louisiana for ten great years - Remember that dirty old oilfield business back when? To this day, I track hurricanes.

I own a patent on a roof that is hurricane proof! Tested in a florida htl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj